75% off. yippeee

Posted by: susan in florida

75% off. yippeee - 01/02/19 06:54 PM

I got 2nd cozy critter,2nd brilliant butterflies, 21st pony for Christmas, Two mystery hummingbirds, and the
6th Happy Halloween pumpkin series .

I ordered them from Hallmark online. I have to wait and see what color birds I got.
Posted by: luckdragon

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/02/19 07:52 PM

I decided to order 4 more hummingbirds. If I get a gold, great. If not, I've got a wreath on my front door that is in silvers and greens, so I can just attach the extra hummingbirds to the wreath. wink They could even be added to a spring wreath next season.

I ordered 2 when they were 50% off and got the blue ones.

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/02/19 08:17 PM

Here's hoping we get gold.
Posted by: grandma lise

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/02/19 10:59 PM

Good luck to those trying for the gold Mystery Hummingbird! Going onto the Hallmark website to see what's left now...

Well, I got two items to donate to the Silent Auction next December...

Santa Wooden Advent Calendar
Flowers Pillow

For me, the 28" Birch Trees (to replace the one I already have for my cubicle. The LED lights are slowly beginning to die. Hoping to get a second year out of the current one).

And Marvel Ant-Man ornament for my friends nephew.

I got an "internal error" when completing the order, so went back to my shopping cart and saw that one ornament was no longer available. I removed it, went back to checkout, and was able to complete the order. Whew!

Lisa

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/02/19 11:38 PM

There's still some good ornaments left. I had them shipped to the closest hallmark store for free shipping too.
Posted by: RJingle

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/03/19 02:00 PM

Nothing left that I wanted. I had ordered a Hummingbird when they were 50% off and sent it back because someone had already opened it. They sent a sealed one, but it was blue anyway!

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/03/19 03:42 PM

I ordered on the 75% off sale. I got three different emails for the 6 items I ordered confirming they are on the way. I'm guessing that means I will get all six ornaments.

Hi Susan,

We're happy to let you know that your order is on its way. Yay! (Some items may ship separately. You'll receive a confirmation email for each shipment.)
Posted by: Dr. Redbird

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/03/19 04:24 PM

So excited! i picked up three hummingbirds. But while I was paying I realized that there were two open boxes on the shelf. It dawned on me that those must have been the displays, so I went back and looked inside, and bought the special one. When I opened my pristine boxes at home, I got two special and one purple. Yahoo...so glad I waited for the 75% off, as I'd already bought three others.
Posted by: grandma lise

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/03/19 07:29 PM

Congrats Dr. Redbird! This just goes to show how knowing the habits of the manager and sales associates at our local stores can sometimes pay off big time!

I still remember buying a half dozen of the 2014 blue Christmas Commemorative ornaments on sale at 50% or 75% off because they received another store's inventory after Christmas. Those ornaments went on my donated Polar Express tree, so the the good will I experienced all those years ago continues...

Lisa

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/03/19 09:13 PM

great deal on your BIRDS! I hope I get one gold!
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/04/19 08:03 AM

I didn't buy anything...yet. But every time I look, less and less to be tempted with.
Posted by: erika20_98

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/04/19 08:35 AM

I wish I had waited to buy the table top lantern, the tree stop star, this years Snowman plush, the lighthouse, and the snowman that can turn on your Christmas tree. I bought them all at 50% off and my store had them ALL when they went 75%. I did pick up the 4 pack of the gingerbread houses and a set of the trees for the Snow many memories series. There's a few other ornaments I bought at 75% off.
Posted by: Elliott the Elf

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/08/19 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: RJingle
Nothing left that I wanted. I had ordered a Hummingbird when they were 50% off and sent it back because someone had already opened it. They sent a sealed one, but it was blue anyway!

I ordered four online at 75% off and two of the four came already opened. Quite the disappointment when they arrived and the boxes had no tab and the ornaments were not in black bags.

The two that were sealed ended up being one of each so I did get a gold out of the four.
Posted by: Kiz

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/08/19 03:12 PM

I ordered the Humming Bird as well and it came open and the black bag was torn. Obviously it was the Blue one which is fine but it took the excitement out of it for me. I was really disappointed that Hallmark would allow that.
Posted by: Elliott the Elf

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/09/19 04:36 AM

Super excited... my husband and I stopped at a Hallmark store on our way to a restaurant. They had 50% off all Christmas unless you bought 4 or more and then it was 75% off.

I was able to score two Stunning Snowflake tree toppers, Santa's Sweet Snowplow, 2018 Snowflake, GMC CCKW (for my husband), and 2 Happy Anniversary Heart 2018 Glass Ornament.

And I was able to pick up Iron Man, the 2017 Elf Festivities Tabletop Stein, and the Porcelain Tabletop tree from another location during my lunch break early that day for 75% off as well.

It was a very Happy Hallmarking Day for me.
Posted by: peachy

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/10/19 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Kiz
I ordered the Humming Bird as well and it came open and the black bag was torn. Obviously it was the Blue one which is fine but it took the excitement out of it for me. I was really disappointed that Hallmark would allow that.

DITTO! Same thing! Very disappointed the bag had been opened.
Posted by: AnneTx

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/10/19 01:48 PM

I had not planned to buy the lantern, but, hey, how can one resist when you see one sitting on the shelf at 75% off. But now I am wondering if mine if working right. I used the power cord and wondered if there is any way to turn it off other than unplugging the cord from the lantern? Also, when you plug it in, do the lights really not light up until after the windows initially have finished opening and closing?
Posted by: Moley

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/10/19 08:07 PM

Yours is working fine. That is how it works. It is continuous light effect until you unplug it. When the power goes out or on first plug in, you have to wait until it cycles through the open and close, per the instructions. After that, the light will appear and it is okay to play the music and enjoy. I like mine out as a little night light so I leave it plugged in. However, I will put it away until next year sometime in the next few weeks. Right now I still enjoy it here in the study.

Posted by: AnneTx

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/11/19 12:24 AM

Thanks, Moley. Guess I need to read the instructions, lol. Missed those when I opened the box. I am glad mine is working as it should. I do love the light effects when it is plugged in. Next year, I'll probably put it on a foot switch or remote so it is easy to turn on and off.
Posted by: Moley

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/11/19 02:06 AM

I didn't read my instructions when I first got it, too! I was horrified when I thought I broke it. I am glad you got one for such a good bargain. You will really love it.
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/11/19 07:37 AM

So far, I've resisted buying anything just for the price.
Posted by: kindacowboy

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/11/19 12:50 PM

well still at 50% here. I check every day sometimes twice LOL
Posted by: Qui-gon Grin

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/16/19 08:26 PM

Well at 75% off I broke down and bought the tricorder. I liked it when I first saw it in the store and played with it, but not enough to put it on my tree or pay the price.
Yet now I figure what the heck.
Posted by: APAL2016

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/17/19 05:24 PM

I got the VIP ornament and it only cost me $2.68
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/18/19 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Elliott the Elf
Originally Posted By: RJingle
I had ordered a Hummingbird when they were 50% off and sent it back because someone had already opened it. They sent a sealed one, but it was blue anyway!

I ordered four online at 75% off and two of the four came already opened. Quite the disappointment when they arrived and the boxes had no tab and the ornaments were not in black bags.

The two that were sealed ended up being one of each so I did get a gold out of the four.

I've been thinking about how you got ornaments that had already been opened. My guess is that the order was filled at a store and not at a Hallmark warehouse, and the store personnel didn't know or care if they had already been opened. Especially on Elliott's order since it came in two boxes - they probably came from different places. I don't think Hallmark would have accepted a return on these if they had been ordered initially on Hallmark.com.

I could be wrong, but I could see how that could happen.
Posted by: Emma

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/20/19 12:57 AM

I went to a Hallmark store today that I try to hit up after Christmas. Didn't get out there till today. I was sooo upset when I found out they had put their ornaments on sale last week for 75% off. Last year, it was the end of Jan. and the year before that it was on Martin Luther's King Day. Not much left. I did pick up the Star Wars skirt for 75% off for my son. Giving it to him for his birthday this year. Also picked up the miniture cat and dog for $2.00. (display) Not a complete bust.

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/20/19 02:09 PM

now I'm waiting for the corporate 90% off.

and a private owned chain has $2. for any ornament left in the store.
Posted by: beaglebabes

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/20/19 05:01 PM

Our local store sent me an email which is 75% off and then another 50% off of all of the sale items.
Posted by: irish78

Re: 75% off. yippeee - 01/22/19 03:19 PM

Hi all!

Has anybody seen any of the Charlie Brown for the power cord set?

Thanks!