Ornament Debut - 10/5/19

Posted by: JerseyVike

Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/15/19 09:33 AM

Less than 3 weeks till Ornament Debut. Lots to look forward to. Anybody get a mailer yet? smile
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/15/19 10:24 AM

I've heard they are to be in homes this week (9/17 is the actual date I heard). And there are two covers.
Posted by: keladewig

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/15/19 10:56 AM

I received my mailer yesterday.
Posted by: carstairs38

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/15/19 02:57 PM

I need to figure out what I've already bought and what I want to buy during Debut.
Posted by: homemadebycarol

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/15/19 05:12 PM

I will miss debut weekend this year as Iím traveling for my nieceís wedding. I thought I could go when I got back but then Iím back on a plane for work the next day. Hopefully Iíll be able to make it to my Hallmark store at the tail end of debut week. Iím most interested in seeing the Peanuts tree skirt more than the October ornaments.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/16/19 08:00 AM

Looking forward to Debut mailer.
Posted by: MicheleB

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/16/19 09:09 AM

No mailer here.
Posted by: Dr. Redbird

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/16/19 01:26 PM

Mine just arrived! The manager of my store called me to make sure that I had arranged to convert my Hallmark points to gift certificates.
Posted by: Heidi

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/16/19 05:08 PM

Mailer came today. Has the Star Trek Transporter on the cover.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/17/19 07:58 AM

I'll be surprised if I don't get the Star Trek cover.
Posted by: debbieg

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/17/19 12:45 PM

homemadeby carol, If your store knows you, ask if you can give them your order ahead of time and give them your credit card. That way you'll get the ornaments you want and the points!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/17/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: debbieg
homemadeby carol, If your store knows you, ask if you can give them your order ahead of time and give them your credit card. That way you'll get the ornaments you want and the points!

I was told by my Hallmark store at Premiere that they are not supposed to enter credit cards that are not in the store to pay for purchases under Hallmark's policy. One way to pay for things when you know you won't be in the store at a certain time or date is to purchase a giftcard that covers the amount of the purchase which can be used whenever, like during Ornament Debut.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/17/19 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I'll be surprised if I don't get the Star Trek cover.

Yup!!! We got our mailer with the Star Trek cover.
Posted by: PamC

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/18/19 05:02 PM

Yes, my Debut mailer last Sat. was Star Trek cover
Posted by: MicheleB

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/18/19 08:27 PM

I'm still waiting for my mailer and my flute ornament coupon.
Posted by: VinceL

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/18/19 09:07 PM

Our mailer came today. Star Trek transporter on cover.
Posted by: Sandy Dandy

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/19/19 10:32 AM

Got mine yesterday. Ornaments on cover.
Posted by: susan in florida

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/19/19 04:13 PM

darn....still nothing in FLorida.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/19/19 11:01 PM

Nothing here in So Cal yet either. Got a card from my local store, but that's been it so far.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/23/19 08:21 PM

got mine.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/23/19 08:39 PM

Mine is in hand now. Not sure when it came since I haven't checked my mail since Friday.

I got the multiple ornament cover.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/24/19 08:23 AM

I have all my Debut mailer, Gold Crown Certs, and punch cards ready for 10/5. Can't wait !!!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/29/19 01:32 PM

Only 6 days to go !!!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 09/29/19 02:47 PM

At some point, I need to do an inventory of what I have and what I still need to buy so I can prepared for Saturday.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/02/19 08:36 AM

Only 3 days till Ornament Debut !!!
Posted by: Galloping_Cat

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/02/19 09:45 AM

I called my store yesterday to add a few more items to my wishlist. The manager said they had around 380 wish lists to fill and had run out of quite a few of the ornaments. (She wouldnít say which ones though).

Looking forward to Saturday. Iím going to be there bright and early because my husbandís most-wanted ornament is the limited edition BatGirl. My store doesnít fill wish list requests corn limited ornaments, so you have to be there to get one.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/04/19 08:20 AM

All ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to it !!!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/04/19 06:44 PM

I'm ready... I have

want list- check
crown rewards- check
gift card- check
credit card- check
coupon for free soldier- check

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/04/19 10:26 PM

Went by my store and looked at the new ornaments for a few minutes tonight. Then came home and finalized lists and got my rewards/gifts cards ready.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/04/19 10:38 PM

Today I gathered all our items for debut:

- Reward Certificates (still need to log in tomorrow to get the $2 certificate that will become available tomorrow)
- A gift card (don't remember why/how we got it)
- Punch cards from Premiere
- Coupon for free soldier
- Printout of my Excel spreadsheet showing what we put on our Wishlist for Debut
- And, yeah I guess we'll need a credit card wink

I called our local store today to confirm their opening time tomorrow.....8:00 am. Guess it will be get up, feed the cats, and head for the store. grin
Posted by: pxsrdh

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/05/19 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: susan in florida
I'm ready... I have

want list- check
crown rewards- check
gift card- check
credit card- check
coupon for free soldier- check

Ditto!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/05/19 09:20 AM

Just got back from our local Hallmark store.

The manager has been working hard for the past couple of years to make these special days as easy and enjoyable for customers as possible. Today, she had coffee, cider, and punch available. And she had donuts and candy. Santa Claus was at the store...got my picture taken with him (actually her).

Unfortunately, sometimes bad stuff happens that is beyond your control.

The store has 2 registers, and the credit card reader on 1 register stopped working. Not many people pay cash or write checks for their ornaments at Debut. So, about 90% of the customers had to use a single register.

Whoever filled our shopping bag with our Wishlist order did a terrible job. There were 3 ornaments in the bag that weren't on our list, and 4 ornaments that were on our were list were missing. So, it took quite a while at the register to get things sorted out.

We got all the ornaments on our Wishlist (including the Red Sith Trooper...they seemed to have plenty). We had ordered the Peanuts tree skirt. They told me that all but one of the tree skirts were purchased through Wishlists.

Later today or tomorrow, I will be playing with (er...testing) all of our new magic ornaments.
Posted by: oddsbodkins

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/05/19 10:10 AM

Just realized I didn't get my free soldier ornament and they took my coupon. Oh well.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/05/19 05:56 PM

We had a great time today, bought about 15 ornaments. We got our reserved wishlist ornaments, a few ornaments for gifts, and a couple I added in. Will post my purchase list once I get a chance to look over everything.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/06/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: oddsbodkins
Just realized I didn't get my free soldier ornament and they took my coupon. Oh well.

Did you check your receipt to see that it shows up there? Either way, I'd call the store to talk to them about not getting it. Most stores will do what they can to make you happy.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/06/19 12:43 PM

Happy with our purchases:

- Nifty Fifties
- Beer Stein
- Mischievous Kitten Surprise (Orange cat)
- Star Wars Sith Trooper - EP9
- Batgirl - LQ
- C3PO Lego
- R2D2 Lego
- Nativity Bible
- Rockin' Guitar
- Best Nest
- Frosty Friends 40th (series [piece)
- I Love the Hallmark Channel

and a few gifts

15 total not counting free Fabulous Flute ornament.
Posted by: Elliott the Elf

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/07/19 09:55 AM

Saturday was my Hallmark day and I had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I have been working almost every day for weeks so I didn't really prepare for the day and just made assumptions on times.

As it turned out, I was an hour early for my go-to store to open. It turned out to be blessing in disguise as I went to another location and they had 20% off that day purchases so I bought the Snow buddies surprise and outdoor bird set there at the discount before going back to my store.

I picked up two mystery kittens and ended up with each color. If that wasn't enough good luck for the day, I purchased two of the Captain Marvel and got one of each as well. Luck was definitely on my side.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/07/19 10:52 AM

Wow! You lucked out! Congrats.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/07/19 11:50 AM

We had promised ourselves we would cut backóand we DID cut backó here is what we ended up bringing home on Saturday:

• BatGirl (limited)
  • Batboat
  • Batman Rocks (guitar)
  • Here Comes Spidey Claus
  • Captain Marvel Mystery Box (red and blue one)
  • Christopher Reeve Superman
  • LEGO Robin
  • LEGO C3PO
  • LEGO R2D2
  • Best Nest
  • Majestic Cardinal (premium)
  • Majestic Lady Cardinal (premium)
  • Snowflake (signature) óthis one was surprisingly nice LINK
  • Fabulous Flute (free)

There were several others that I ended up taking out of my bag for various reasons:
  • Beauty of Birds (outdoor set) - too big; not wild about the plastic and glitter; plus, it was a bit on the pricey side
  • Sew Sew Happy - loved it in the catalog as it reminded me of my grandmother, who was an excellent seamstress; but the base seemed too large when I saw it in person
  • Nativity Bible - sooooo disappointed in the quality of this ornament; looked like something that would be in a lower-end store like At Home or Hobby Lobby
  • Graceful Butterfly (premium) - loved it in the catalog and in person; the colors are beautiful and the design is flawless; but needed to trim one of the pricey ones since I added two others that hadnít been on my original wish list. If this is still around toward the end of my gift buying season, I might swing back and pick it up for myself.

Posted by: robster

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/08/19 12:03 AM

I got the one I wanted the most,the Spinner from Blade Runner,last Wednesday at the Hallmark store in New York which had FINALLY opened again! Yeah,I know it was before Saturday and I DID mention to the guy who asked if I needed any help if these were supposed to be out already,lol! They had put them out the Saturday before,apparently. Also got Winterfun With Snoopy,but they didn't have Spotlight on SNoopy. The only two series I collect,lol.

Some great ornys this year,and I'll be getting some in the after Christmas sales.

Happy I got the Spinner though,as Hallmark at NYCC didn't get their inventory and didn't have any Spinners for sale on Saturday. I got the event item ISS Enterprise,for someone else,and two Spideys for myself. It's a GORGEOUS metal ornament! LOVE it! I WAS gonna get the Trek one for myself as well,but changed my mind at the last second,lol!
Posted by: homemadebycarol

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/08/19 07:47 PM

In between trips (got back at midnight last night, just boarded a plane again now), I made it to my Hallmark store for a belated ďdebutĒ. Happy to find they still had the Bat Girl ornament so I bought that. I had ordered the Holiday Barbie ornament online to use my $2 bonus reward on Saturday so I picked that up at the store as well. They had 2 Peanuts tree skirts left and I used $80 in GC certificates to buy one. Although I only bought 3 things, I loved them all so I was happy.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 10/10/19 10:57 AM

Yesterday I completed testing all the magic ornaments that we got at Debut. So, we're ready to start decorating! smile

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 11/08/19 04:02 PM

No one likes to play table games with Todd because he ALWAYS wins.
He's a good strategist.
Posted by: Moley

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 11/08/19 09:55 PM

This picture is adorable. Todd knows his stuff.

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 11/08/19 11:27 PM

Love it!

Re: Ornament Debut - 10/5/19 - 11/09/19 06:16 PM

Thanks Moley, thanks Mark. Thatís my favorite ornament of 2019 :-)