Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend?

Posted by: DanRN

Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 02:51 PM

With all the cancellations and now the Olympics are being postponed until 2021. I am concerned that hallmark may cancel or postpone Premiere Weekend.
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 02:59 PM

There's always the possibility that it could be an online only Premiere.

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 03:01 PM

Also, companies need revenue. I'm sure Hallmark will do everything possible to get there products to market.
Posted by: Dr. Redbird

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 04:21 PM

They might postpone, but they won't cancel!
Posted by: carstairs38

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 08:49 PM

I could see postponement, but I don't see them cancelling.

And, it is easier to postpone something like premiere than the Olympics. So they can see how things are in May or even June before they decide.
Posted by: VinceL

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/23/20 10:22 PM

Will they even have the Premiere ornaments in July?
Posted by: Qui-gon Grin

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/24/20 08:45 PM

I think it's really premature to make any decision at all. July is a long way away. The virus seems to have run its course in China after about four months. South Korea seems to be coming out of it after two lunar cycles.

The bigger questions is as VinceL brought up will the supply be here? I would venture much will depend on where the ornaments are manufactured. From what I have read cargo ships are sailing from China again, but will there be anyone at the ports to unload the ships, so there may be a bottleneck occurring.

I will admit that I'm ignorant about counties, such as Sri Lanka, an how they have been affected.

Re: Could Hallmark cancel or postpone Premiere weekend? - 03/25/20 10:47 AM

The Olympics are postponed due to the athletes have had their training disrupted leading up to qualifying for the Olympics.

Premiere could be postponed if Hallmark has a disrupted supply chain leading up to Premiere. Hallmark may have already received their shipments. That may be why they won't ship the DB's any earlier then April 1st. Just incase something changes.

If they start to let businesses open and people back to work, things will hopefully get back to normal. Those who are at greater risk from the China coronavirus will still have to "shelter in place".