Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday

Posted by: Galloping_Cat

Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/18/20 10:19 AM

My Hallmark store (Karen’s Hallmark, Vestavia Hills, Alabama) called yesterday to let me know that they are planning to open back up on May 1 (with social distancing protocols in place). I’m so excited!

I hope that businesses —and our nation— can return to “normal” soon.
Posted by: pxsrdh

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/18/20 01:38 PM

Yay! I'm going to call my store and see what's happening there.
Posted by: debbieg

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/18/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Galloping_Cat
I hope that businesses —and our nation— can return to “normal” soon.
Only if more testing is done. Too many sick people were told to stay home so they haven't been tested/counted for COVID-19.
Posted by: Emma

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/18/20 04:11 PM

Galloping Cat, I just heard that Alabama has not reached its peak. I'm in NO hurry to go out yet. Rather stay safe at home.
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/18/20 05:53 PM

I hear that the police patrol the strip mall where my local club sponsor's store is located, looking for stores that are open that aren't supposed to be. I think they're issuing fines, and they can tell when someone is in the store taking care of things but not running the store as if it's open. Since our stay-at-home order lasts into mid-May I don't expect things to change there.
Posted by: carstairs38

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/19/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS
I hear that the police patrol the strip mall where my local club sponsor's store is located, looking for stores that are open that aren't supposed to be. I think they're issuing fines, and they can tell when someone is in the store taking care of things but not running the store as if it's open. Since our stay-at-home order lasts into mid-May I don't expect things to change there.

That's scary.
Posted by: beaglebabes

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/19/20 09:19 PM

I would think if the manager or workers were that just organizing things or cleaning it should not be a big deal.
Posted by: Qui-gon Grin

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/20/20 09:05 AM

My store stated they would be closed through this week. I assume then it will be a week to week decision after that. However I received an email today that the owner will be hosting a Facebook Live Event today April 20 at 12:30 PM EDT. The topic will be "All About Candles".
Here is a link if anyone cares to watch: https://www.facebook.com/Goffins64/

I see at the top of their Facebook page that the store is open virtually. You call or message what you need and then an employee will bring it to your car.
Posted by: lindafay

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/20/20 09:31 AM

My store closed forever at the end of February. cry And there are no more anywhere close.

Linda

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/20/20 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: lindafay
My store closed forever at the end of February. cry And there are no more anywhere close.
Linda

Linda is there one in Ardmore,OK?

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/20/20 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
I would think if the manager or workers were that just organizing things or cleaning it should not be a big deal.

That's the kind of activity the police aren't interrupting. If you turn on your Open sign or appear to be handling customer sales inside the store you'll get a visit from the police.
Posted by: lindafay

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 04/20/20 10:14 PM

Debbie, there is one in Ardmore. Almost as far as Oklahoma City and same owner. At the moment, our club members are mad at him since it seems like he deliberately did things that hurt our store till it got to the point of closing it.

Linda
Posted by: RCarp

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/04/20 04:24 PM

My Amys Hallmark says curbside pickup only! How in the world does that work if you can't see cards, gifts, wrapping paper, etc. I don't get it. seems like they could allow like 4 people in at a time, when they leave allow some more in? Gee with Mothers day coming they will lose a ton of sales for cards for mothers! (and fathers day in June)

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/04/20 05:19 PM

My store is also doing curbside pickup. For Mother's Day cards they have an online form that you fill out. See the below:

Then the store will bring the card to your car. What I don't understand is what if they pick a card you don't like. For example, what if the store has eight humorous cards, but you don't find six of them to be humorous?

For gift items the store has posted a video tour showing what products are available and then you will tell the store what you want.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/05/20 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: RCarp
My Amys Hallmark says curbside pickup only! How in the world does that work if you can't see cards, gifts, wrapping paper, etc. I don't get it. seems like they could allow like 4 people in at a time, when they leave allow some more in? Gee with Mothers day coming they will lose a ton of sales for cards for mothers! (and fathers day in June)

We were able to pick out Mother's Day cards on the HMK web site, ordered them online, indicated which HMK I wanted to pick them up at and did that. Employee came out to the car.
Posted by: Designer Nan

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/05/20 12:47 PM

I was so tickled to see my Morgantown, WV store open yesterday. They allow only 10 customers in and the girls are wearing masks and they have a plexiglass shield at the registers. Heard today they will have the beautiful hanging baskets that they had last year for $15.99. They were spectactular last year. It was so great to see the girls and shop for cards that I needed to get. Best day I've had in 7 weeks.
Posted by: susan in florida

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/05/20 05:23 PM

I heard my local store is going to open Next week.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/06/20 12:05 PM

Please wear masks.
Posted by: RCarp

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/09/20 03:56 PM

Called my Amys and she said it is a corporate decision, not the city! she thought maybe by the 18th. So worried as know so many stores are being closed, guess they might be open for Fathers day, but right now just curbside for moms day. It is a popular store, hope they make it!

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/09/20 05:02 PM

I got an email and they are still closed. The bad thing is, they are in a mall so I hope the mall opens so the store can open.
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/14/20 07:21 AM

I called the Hallmark I shop at yesterday. Was expecting to leave a message, but was surprised when I got the store manager.

Had a nice chat. The store is closed until they allow them to open, but they are doing about 80 online orders a day, this past week.

Hoping they can open soon.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/27/20 08:24 PM

Looks like my store is getting ready to fully reopen rather then just curbside pickup based on this photo posted to the store's FaceBook page:

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 05/28/20 08:39 AM

The Hallmark I shop at now has curbside pickup, but I'm hoping they have in store shopping soon. Maybe by mid-June.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/14/20 08:42 PM

I received this in a email over the weekend:

"The doors are officially open at Goffin's 64 Park starting Monday, June 15th at 10 AM! We have missed our loyal customers so much and can not wait to see all of you! Starting Monday, every 10th customer gets a FREE gift!

Welcome Back Week Giveaways
As our way of saying "Welcome back!",
the first 50 customers each day; Monday, June 15th-Saturday, June 20th will get a Free Surprise Gift!

A Note to our customers:
At Goffin's 64 Park, we are more committed than ever to providing our customers with an enjoyable and safe shopping experience. To help us achieve this goal, we have implemented some new rules and procedures as we reopen to the public.

We are sanitizing high traffic touch points throughout the day. We have installed plastic safety shields at each our registers and have provided hand sanitizer throughout the store for customer use. All employees will be wearing masks and gloves throughout their shifts, and the total occupancy will be limited to a maximum of 20 people, including staff, at all times.

As per guidelines from the State of NJ, we will be requiring all customers who enter the store to wear a face mask.

We will have disposable face masks available if needed, as well as gloves for any customer who needs them. We will also ask that you sanitize your hands before you start your shopping, in order to further prohibit the spread of germs.

We thank you in advance for your patience & cooperation
as we all get used to the new way of doing business! We are so excited to welcome you all back and thank you for
all of your support during these past few months."

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/16/20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Qui-gon Grin

"The doors are officially open at Goffin's 64 Park starting Monday, June 15th at 10 AM! We have missed our loyal customers so much and can not wait to see all of you! Starting Monday, every 10th customer gets a FREE gift!

the first 50 customers each day; Monday, June 15th-Saturday, June 20th will get a Free Surprise Gift!

A Note to our customers:
At Goffin's 64 Park, we are more committed than ever to providing our customers with an enjoyable and safe shopping experience. To help us achieve this goal, we have implemented some new rules and procedures as we reopen to the public.

We are sanitizing high traffic touch points throughout the day. We have installed plastic safety shields at each our registers and have provided hand sanitizer throughout the store for customer use. All employees will be wearing masks and gloves throughout their shifts, and the total occupancy will be limited to a maximum of 20 people, including staff, at all times.

As per guidelines from the State of NJ, we will be requiring all customers who enter the store to wear a face mask.

We will have disposable face masks available if needed, as well as gloves for any customer who needs them. We will also ask that you sanitize your hands before you start your shopping, in order to further prohibit the spread of germs.

We thank you in advance for your patience & cooperation as we all get used to the new way of doing business! We are so excited to welcome you all back and thank you for all of your support during these past few months."

So nice to see a store requiring masks etc. It certainly helps to alleviate concern on the part of customers.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/17/20 08:58 AM

Still waiting on how Premiere is going to be.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/23/20 07:20 PM

I stopped in the local store today and she said most of her customers were doing mail order. They also will be shopping by appointment. I don't know how that will work for people who just want a few or shop spur of the moment.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/24/20 07:29 AM

I'm looking forward to go to the Hallmark I shop at and viewing the ornaments. Something I done for 35+ years. and before that I was the one setting up the ornament wall for 5+ years.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/28/20 04:41 PM

I received a card from my store yesterday with their premiere plans. Club members will be given special hours at which only they will be allowed to purchase ornaments.
I was surprised though that the store will still have a midnight opening. Normally the store open at 10, 10:30 or 11 pm on Friday with festivities leading up the midnight sale. This year however the store will not open until 11:55 pm. As nothing else was mentioned I'm assuming the plan for the midnight sale is, come in, get your ornament(s), buy it an get out.
Posted by: JamieG

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/29/20 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: debbieg

A Note to our customers:

We thank you in advance for your patience & cooperation as we all get used to the new way of doing business! We are so excited to welcome you all back and thank you for all of your support during these past few months."

So nice to see a store requiring masks etc. It certainly helps to alleviate concern on the part of customers.

Since I'm in Georgia, all my store can do is "encourage" masks. frown Guess I'll try curbside pickup.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/29/20 11:36 AM

Here's an email I just received:

Ornament Premiere will be a little different this year,
but we will still be celebrating with
plenty of holiday cheer!
1 on 1 appointments for ornament shopping
can be made for Friday, July 10th!

All special offers and bonus points
will be available to customers
who make shopping appointments.
Email your name, phone number,
& preferred time to goffins64@gmail.com

*Stay tuned for news on*
Limited Quantity Ornaments

We will be open for you to come in and shop, as well as offering curbside pickup and free local delivery on all Keepsake Ornament Wishlist orders!

Ornament Premiere
Shopping Hours

Saturday 10am to 7pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm

Earn Crown Rewards Bonus Points
all weekend on
Keepsake Ornament Purchases

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/29/20 12:12 PM

Still waiting for the details on Premiere. The store we shop at is having Premiere, but no word on Friday night, or if we will need an appointment.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 06/29/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: JamieG

Since I'm in Georgia, all my store can do is "encourage" masks. frown Guess I'll try curbside pickup.

That's unfortunate considering most of us are not "young". I don't know the laws in your state but I would guess stores have the right to refuse customers. "No shirt, no shoes, no service" comes to mind.
Posted by: VinceL

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/04/20 09:43 AM

Yesterday I made my Premiere Appointment with our local store. For Wishlist customers they will have an area of the store set aside to get your Wishlist items, make sure you got the right ones and inspect them. Since we have an early Wishlist number, our ornaments (at least as many as will fit) will be in the free Hallmark shopping bag.

If you want to browse the ornament wall, you have to join the line (if there is one) of customers waiting to enter the store.

I went with a late appointment on Saturday hoping there won't be a line to browse the wall.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/06/20 07:57 AM

The Hallmark I shop at is going to call me today to let me know what the plan is for Premiere. grin

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/06/20 10:49 AM

I haven't got any flyers from our local store.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/06/20 11:26 AM

I got an email from the store that they open at 10 on Friday and as long as we are koc national members, we can come in at that time.

And I checked my page on the koc website and there is a $2 bonus coupon to get on Friday, which would have to be printed at home. So Check that out.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/06/20 11:26 AM

I didn't get any mail but just NOW I received a phone call from a Hallmark store that I hardly ever shop at.

They invited me to their Friday night event from 5-7 PM.

Sounds like fun but it is a bit of a drive for me.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/06/20 04:26 PM

Just spoke with the store we shop at. We can come in Friday or Saturday by appointment. Right now we are scheduled for Friday at 5pm.

Looking forward to seeing all the ornaments up close !!!

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/07/20 12:28 AM

I got a call from my store today letting me know my wishlist ornaments are pulled. They were encouraging me to come in sometime after Saturday or Sunday, and warning me there may be lines outside the store, especially right at opening on Saturday.

We'll see when I go over and get my ornaments. Usually, I head over a second time late in the day on Saturday, and there aren't that many people around. I may do that this year as my only trip.

They also said the ornaments are up, so we can come in and look at them now. They won't be covering them up like they normally would until Saturday. I was in a week or so ago and looked at what they had up then.
Posted by: 88eggs

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/07/20 11:14 AM

Mark: Does you store have your payment information, so they can ring up your Wish List ornaments on Saturday or Sunday? If not, if you wait you miss the extra bonus points for your purchases.

Ted

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/07/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 88eggs
Mark: Does you store have your payment information, so they can ring up your Wish List ornaments on Saturday or Sunday? If not, if you wait you miss the extra bonus points for your purchases.

Ted

This year the bonus points are the same from 7/10 (Friday with the Access Pass) through Sunday, 7/19.

My store is encouraging local club members to come starting Monday, 7/13. They're offering us a chance to come and look at the wall between now and Friday, and they're hoping we'll schedule a time to come in, pay for the ornaments and leave or schedule a curbside pickup.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/07/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 88eggs

Ted

If it came to that, I'm sure they'd let me call in with my number. My store knows me and takes very good care of me. But as Nancy pointed out, the points are the same all week this year, I'm sure because of everything going on.
Posted by: JamieG

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/08/20 07:48 AM

I received an updated email from my store yesterday letting me know that they pulled my Wish List, with one exception. Red, White 'n Warm Barbie will be shipping late (August 3rd).

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/08/20 08:40 PM

I just received this email:

An important update from us about Ornament Premiere:
July 11th and 12th
Doors open at 9 am on Saturday exclusively for Keepsake Ornament shoppers!

Limited Quantity ornaments
go on sale Saturday, July 11th at 9am!
We will be practicing social distancing & limiting the number of customers in the store,
so please bring your patience along with your holiday cheer!

The store will be open for you to come in and shop,
as well as offering curbside pickup and free local delivery on all Keepsake Ornament Wishlist orders!

Ornament Premiere
Shopping Hours

Saturday 9am to 7pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm

Earn Crown Rewards Bonus Points
all weekend on
Keepsake Ornament Purchases!

Keepsake Ornament Club Members

Exclusive Keepsake Ornament Shopping Hours
Friday July 10th
10am - 7pm

Limited Quantity Ornaments,
special offers, and bonus points
will be available to KOC members starting Friday.

So it seems Hallamrk is letting many stores to sell ornaments one day before the official premiere date of July 11.

Posted by: hazelstovey

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/08/20 09:04 PM

All of our area stores (I shop at several) have their ornament walls completed and the curtains open. It's been fun checking them out ahead of time without being crowded this past week.

I called my local store yesterday and was told I got everything I asked for with only one exception. They allowed requesting limiteds and confirmed the three I wishlisted are in my bag. I even had them separate my order into a "layaway" bag and "purchase” bag so I won’t have to do that myself in-store.

They didn’t get at least one of the club ornaments in yet so I’m only waitlisted for the Sweet Santa. These are the other ornaments with shipping date changes that they also mentioned to me:

Anna of Arendelle (Frozen 2) – not shipping until August

Merry Max (Secret Life of Pets) – also not shipping ‘til August

Festive Friends – coming out at Debut instead of Premiere

Also, the Dreambook edition of the Wishlist says the miniature Nightmare Before Christmas tree topper and tree skirt will be out in October but the condensed store version of the list says July. Apparently July is the correct date.

One thing I’ll miss is going to the one store’s midnight opening the night before. It’s always fun to sit in line for a few hours and catch up with all the familiar faces. Kind of like an ornament signing event.

I'm not sure when I'll actually go pick up my order since we can do it anytime from Friday through the 19th. Good luck to all during this Premiere like no other!

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/09/20 10:01 AM

So it seems Hallamrk is letting many stores to sell ornaments one day before the official premiere date of July 11.

Only for KOC Members.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/09/20 01:43 PM

I stopped by my local Hallmark Store today. I added a couple more ornaments to our wishlist. The store has all the wishlist orders bagged and ready for pick-up.

I did get a chance to play with (er.. examine/inspect) the ornaments on the wall. The Star Trek tree topper is magnificent. They have all 3 Star Trek figures on the wall (including Uhura who won't be available until October). Press the button on the tree topper remote, and you get what seemed like 10 minutes of dialog and music. And, next year there will be more characters! smile

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/09/20 08:50 PM

Only 13 hours until Premiere!

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 06:12 AM

Only 4 hours left. Today is the big day.

And remember, on your Hallmark.com account, there is a $2 bonus coupon to print.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 07:34 AM

Should be leaving soon for Premiere. Drive is 45 min to 1 hr depending on traffic.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 12:15 PM

And remember, on your Hallmark.com account, there is a $2 bonus coupon to print.

I just checked (Friday 7/10 at 1:10 pm) and the $2 coupon says "Coming Soon. Come back tomorrow to get your code."

What's up with that?!? confused

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: VinceL

I just checked (Friday 7/10 at 1:10 pm) and the $2 coupon says "Coming Soon. Come back tomorrow to get your code."

What's up with that?!? confused

They don't want you to have that coupon too soon! It's only for Premiere, dated July 11-19 not sure if it will be good for those who buy ornaments today, July 10.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 12:38 PM

Mine was available early Friday morning, and the number matched the $2 certificate that was in my Premiere flyer. I didn't print it.

I'm trying to get my mom's also. It says to come back for it on Saturday. I can see in my mom's Crown Rewards history that she was issued that certificate back in May but was cancelled about two weeks later. Since my mom didn't get her flyer in the mail I'm calling Hallmark on Friday.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 03:15 PM

I made sure I used all my Gold Crown certs, KOC coupons, and gift cards.

Re: Got a call from my Hallmark store yesterday - 07/10/20 04:38 PM

So how did everyone do? I only got one impulse item, another mini tree skirt. And they had no top for it. So I may get it or not. All of my ornaments were there except Max the dog.