What did you buy today on sale?

Posted by: susan in florida

What did you buy today on sale? - 12/26/21 05:08 PM

I went to three stores.
First store had the three series I wanted for 50% off:
Nostalgic house
Toy maker Santa
As pony for Christmas.

2nd store was wiped out, BUT I did get a Friendly Grome NUTMEG!!!
3rd store at the mall had a little more stock in ornaments.
I already got what I wanted so I will wait and see what makes it to 75% off.
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/26/21 07:43 PM

Went to no stores. But I did buy a few online.

Frosty Friends, Saxaphone Polar Bear, Concept Cadillac, Harmony Angel, C-3PO.
Posted by: Dr. Redbird

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/26/21 10:42 PM

Went to three stores:

Store 1 @ 40% off
Cookie Doe
Mini Lucy Baker
Mini Charlie Baker
Mini Snoopy Baker
Limited Edition Stocking Stuffers

Store 2 @50% off
Chekov
Uhura
Spock
Lady Evening Grosbeak Limited Quantity
Magic Cord
Keepsake Ornament Cord
Nathan MacKinnon
Spinning Santa
1959 Cadillac Legendary Concept Car
Mini lighted garland
Mini glass ornaments

This store also had leftover VIP bags, so they gave me one.

Store 3 @ 50% off

Mini Crayon Box
Crayon Soldier
North Pole Village

I was going to buy ornaments hooks, but they were full price. This store held a lot of ornaments out for full price: Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek.

All in all, a fun day!
Posted by: beaglebabes

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/26/21 11:07 PM

I only bought two online. The Angel of Innocence and Chris-moose.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/27/21 09:24 AM

My best find 50% off the KOC Christmas window. That was a hard one to find.
Posted by: grandma lise

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/27/21 09:02 PM

Lucky you Susan! I forgot to order it, so will back collect it. (And thanks for the reminder that Hallmark goes on sale online on Christmas Day; I keep forgetting!)

No shopping in stores for me this year. We had a huge snow storm come through on Christmas Eve and Day. So beautiful! And we were visited by two bucks Christmas morning!

I shopped online on Christmas Day. Got 14 ornaments, all shipped today: Fairy Messengers - (one of our granddaughters still collects this series, as does my friend's eight your old neice); Cookie Cutter Christmas; Cozy Critters; North Pole Tree Trimmers; The Peanuts Gang Taking a Dip; Gnome for Christmas - (I found Friendly Gnome in the thrift store a few weeks ago!); Holiday Happiness Blown Glass, set of 3; Making Memories Cozy Pajamas; Stocking Stuffers; and Snoopy's Pawpet Show Ornament.

Two friends on Yulelog got me the Waltz of the Flowers and Snappy Snare Drum. Two of my favorite series!

In November, I got Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Three Broomsticks, and 8 Eleven Pipers Piping ornaments. Can hardly wait until next year to give each of our grandchildren the entire Twelve Days of Christmas! Should have dedicated one huge box to them beginning with the first year! The hard part will be digging them out of storage. What was I thinking? I have the gold metal trees and a special Hallmark box to include with each each set too.

The two ornaments that I missed out on were Pull-String Moose and Christmas Window, which I knew would happen. The good news is everything can be back collected!

I looked on Ebay and didn't see the set of 6 miniature glass ornaments that I've collected over the last three or so years. Was there a set this year or did I miss it?
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/27/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Redbird
Went to three stores:

Store 2 @50% off
Magic Cord
Keepsake Ornament Cord

I'm surprised these were discounted since the Magic Cord may be available next year (probability determined by how many are left in the warehouse is my guess) and the Keepsake Ornament Cord for sure.

Originally Posted By: Dr. Redbird

I was going to buy ornaments hooks, but they were full price. This store held a lot of ornaments out for full price: Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek.

I'm not surprised about the ornament hooks since they'll be back next year. I understand that Hallmark told the stores not to discount some ornaments and I believe all of the ones you listed were on that list.
Posted by: 88eggs

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/27/21 11:25 PM

There were actually three sets of miniature glass ornaments this year, each with 6 in the set. One was called "Elegant," one was called "Whimsical," and the third was called "Festive."

Ted

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/27/21 11:26 PM

I was hoping to find the employee gift the soldier. So far I haven't seen him
Posted by: grandma lise

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/28/21 05:36 PM

Beaglebabes hooked me up with a store in Pennsylvania, so was able to get more ornaments at 50% off! Ring in the Season, Darth Vader, C-3PO, Christmas Commemorative, Pirate Snoopy, Caramel Apple Cutie, and Pull-String Moose. Shipping was only $13!

Got the rest of the Halloween ornaments and a few more Christmas ornaments for the grandchildren - (Sweet Santa and Stocking Stuffers) - using points on Amazon so they were free.

Ted, found two of the three glass ornament sets online. I liked the textured ones. Thinking about getting the ones with the etched snowflakes. Thank you.

So thankful for the stores that ship. I've been homebound since Christmas Eve due to snow, ice, and freezing temps. Even our smaller lakes are freezing. Not typical for Western Washington!

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/28/21 07:48 PM

Still haven't made it to a Hallmark store after Christmas. Did see my online order has shipped. So I should have those soon.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/29/21 02:39 PM

I got my Hallmark on line order today. I got all 5 I ordered.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/29/21 04:59 PM

My online order arrived today. That was quick.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/29/21 10:56 PM

Stopped at a Hallmark today on the way to my allergy shot appointment. Got the set of 3 Halloween vintage cuties and the Halloween Mischievous Kitten at 75% off. This store had many, many Star Trek Story Tellers ornaments at 40% off.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/30/21 11:04 AM

Wow. 75% off.
still 50% here.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 12/30/21 11:23 PM

Just the Halloween ornaments...everything else was 40% off.
Posted by: Qui-gon Grin

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/01/22 07:19 AM

I happened to be near my store on Monday so I stopped in just to see what they had. I decided to pick up the Tiny Telly, but it rang up as full price.
Nothing specifically said that ornaments where half price I just assumed so.
There was a woman who had about eight ornaments in her hand. She might have been in for a shock at the cash register.
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/01/22 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Qui-gon Grin
I happened to be near my store on Monday so I stopped in just to see what they had. I decided to pick up the Tiny Telly, but it rang up as full price.

Nothing specially said that ornaments where half price I just assumed so.

There was a woman who had about eight ornaments in her hand. She might have been in for a shock at the cash register.

I'll have to check on my purchase of Tiny Telly to see if it was half price or full price.

I had heard that some ornaments would still be full price. In the past, when an ornament would be coming back next year, like some of the Storytellers, Hallmark told the stores to put them away. This year they were to be left out and sold at full price. There was nothing to indicate which ornaments were to be full price and which were half price. I felt bad for the sales associates because you know some customers weren't going to be happy about things being full price.

Were you at an independent store or a corporate store?

I see my independent store is going 70% off on Sunday, January 2.
Posted by: Qui-gon Grin

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/02/22 01:46 PM

This was at an independent store.

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/03/22 10:48 AM

waiting to see what stores have left for 75% off.
Posted by: lindafay

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/04/22 08:38 AM

Susan, Hallmark.com is 75% off today. Not much left though.

Linda

Re: What did you buy today on sale? - 01/04/22 07:28 PM

I purchased a couple on Hallmark.com at 75%