Ornament Debut Experience 2007

Posted by: Santa Girl

Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 09:12 AM

Let's recap today's experiences here! Got to go get my ornaments! Check back later today.

Renee'
Posted by: Kathy from FL

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 11:48 AM

GREAT NEWS Deana and Terri!!! I was able to get ALL the special ornies you wanted!!!!

I was at the first store a few minutes after 9:00 am and they had all the specials in the center with the rest of the ornies around them! They had at least 5 or 6 of each special ornie!!

And they had the Snowman, penguin and the puppy on the sled! It's sooooooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeee!!

Then the second store, in a mall, I was the first one there [they didn't open til 10:00 and I had to wait 10 min for it to open]. They had the specials at the end of all the other ornies and they didn't have many! They told me they only got in 2 Mustangs and 3 Rainbow Snowmen!! They only had 2 of the Blue Lightning, 3 Wedgwood [I put mine back, it was to small, I was thinking it would be the size of the regular size balls they have made in the past]! They had about 3 or 4 of the rest of the specials! The only thing, you had to buy a regular ornie for each 'special' ornie you bought!!

I'm on to the next store! Not in a hurry, it's my club store and they pulled the ones I wanted!!

Whose next........
Posted by: Qwackertoo

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy from FL:
GREAT NEWS Deana and Terri!!! I was able to get ALL the special ornies you wanted!!!!

Hi Kat~!

Thank you soooooooooooo much sweetie~! I really in truly do appreciate you getting my special ornaments for me. As you know, I live in Hallmark H*** and always have pretty much zero chance of getting certain items.

Woo Hoo~!

Deana
Posted by: Val

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 01:57 PM

There are plenty of the limited ornaments at my Hallmark. I only bought the Mustang and Crayola Snowman.
Posted by: luckdragon

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 01:58 PM

One of our club members brought in a video of the Kansas City convention, and I got to see some of the Yuleloggers parading in their costumes. Our store offered all Halloween including the Keepsakes for 50% off for club members today, but I don't really do much Halloween decorating, so I passed. It was tempting to buy a set of the minis for half price though.

Got all of my ornaments including the 2 limiteds I wanted.

Our store sold out of Beaver Bob, Ralphie, Nutcracker Santa, & Kiddie Cars colorway from what I could tell. Kringlewood Farms were selling well. The penguins though were not selling at all. And the store had about twice as many penguins as the Kringlewood Farms ornaments. And they didn't order many of the Winter Park collection. Not many people bought them, but still, very few were there. I noticed the store had more of the mini sets than last year too.

I love the Jukebox! There are really only 4 buttons, so it isn't too bad to operate. The sound's excellent, and the songs play longer than they did on the radio last year (two of the songs were actually on the radio too, including the Nello Williams Jingle Bells one). Love all of my ornaments, but I must say the Nutcracker Santa is stunning. Better than I thought it would be. Ratatouille is better than I thought too. I thought my See n Say was broken on some of them, but I figured out you have to have the pointer almost centered on the images to get them to work. I got an excellent Rhett Butler and Bonnie Blue! Perfect paint job! Love the sculpt, but then again, GWTW ornaments are usually very well done. Our store only had a couple left, so I was glad to get it.

I also learned from a member who talked to Tracey Larsen at one of the events that he had originally only designed Kringle's Christmas Trees, and then was asked to design a set. So that's why that ornament isn't in the same scale as the others.

Of the limiteds, the store got a lot of the Wedgewood and Blue Lightning and tractors in. Most popular limiteds were: Kiddie Car, Nutcracker Santa, & Rainbow Snowman colorway. Least popular were Wedgewood and the tractors.

------------------
My ornament collection
Posted by: Barbara C

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:01 PM

I have had a great day. I got all the limited pieces I wanted.

Deana, I picked up a couple of the Blue Lighting
Cars, however, I notice someone else got them for you. That is ok, I will go back tomorrow and trade them back for other ornaments.

Now Sold Out at our two shops are the following:

1. Jukebox...manager says they will not get any more as they are not reorderable.
2. Chatty Cathy..will not get anymore.
3. All of the Kringlewood Farms pieces except the one with the rabbit.
4. That's What Christmas Is About Charlie Brown
5. Snowy Mountain Lodge
6. See & Say
7. Blue Jay
8. Polish Santa
9. Miniature Cookie Season
10.Miniature North Pole Central Train

There are many of the Little Cruiser Bikes left and most of the rest of the ornaments they have good stock on.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. It is still summertime in Indiana. It was 90 here yesterday and today and they say it will be again tomorrow. Whewww!! We are breaking records!

[This message has been edited by Barbara C (edited 10-06-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Barbara C (edited 10-06-2007).]
Posted by: StaceyN

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy from FL:
[B] And they had the Snowman, penguin and the puppy on the sled! [B]

Sounds cute, is this an ornament?

Stacey

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:08 PM

Oh wait, is it the musical plush thing for this year?
Posted by: gigl2

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:13 PM

I just missed getting the Kitchen Angel. The person in front of me took the last one. (the store I went to has everybody stand in line to get the specials) limit one of each design. Boo Hoo! That's really the only one I REALLY wanted, but I did pick up the Crayola Snowman. I got the last one of it, so I probably disappointed some people behind me. I really didn't buy very much today. I love the "Best Buds", I think it is just hilarious. I bought it for my best friend, but was tempted to get one for myself. I can't decide if other people will like those ornaments or not. I almost bought the sister one, but decided to wait on it. I did notice the store sold out of the mini kitchen utensils cause I had planned on picking up another one for my sister, but all I got was the one that I had pre-ordered. I really didn't check out the shelves very much to see what they are sold out on.
Posted by: Duluth_Collector

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:28 PM

Ornament Debut Day began by going to the Three Sisters Estate sale (no Hallmark this time).

My club sponsor had skeweres of cheese and fruit, three different breads, and coffee and cider.

Bought the ornament storage box, Mini Snoopy set, Linus Christmas Pageant, and ended up buying the Father Christmas Colorway. Father Christmas was so nice in person (liked this better than the original choice of colors) that I had to have this one, the last one in the store.
Posted by: Barbara C

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 03:43 PM

I forgot to mention, I did see and hear the new Plush for Christmas. It's cute with a penquin, dog and snowman. The penquins shakes, the dog barks and the snowman sings.
It will probably be a hit, however, I still think the Piano Snowman is Hallmark's best!

I also forgot to mention, the Wedgewood ornament was Not selling at all. I did not see anyone purchase one. The miniature Tractors were also slow sellers.
The Best Sellers were Mustang, Father Christmas and Crayola Snowman!
Posted by: Karen W2

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 04:25 PM

Went to my favorite Hallmark store today, to pick up the 2 limited edition orns she was holding for me, exchange 3 orns received as gifts and purchase others.

As promised, she had the Wedgwood Holiday Parade ball orn and the Kitchen Angel waiting. Since I'd received my special 20% off Birthday Postcard, I was able to use it towards my orn purchase today and also got the free photo album of my choice that was my FREE birthday gift. I picked the one with the pretty hummingbird design on the cover.

I had to look thru a couple of Wedgwood boxes, since the first one had 2 large white scratches in the blue area of the ball. The first Kitchen Angel I opened was just fine.

So my new acquisitions of the day were:

1. Wedgwood Holiday Parade - if this is a test piece, I bought it to encourage them to make more Wedgwood orns

2. Kitchen Angel

3. The Beauty of Birds #3 - Blue Jay

4. Toast for Two - wish they'd make it have a stay-down position, instead of always "up"

5. Noah's Ark

As I was paying for my orns, the Keepsake team that was at the other Hallmark store's meeting last night came into this store, so we were able to say hello again and wish them a safe trip back home.

Now I'm off to pick up more of my pre-order at the other Hallmark store I pre-ordered from.

------------------
Karen W2 - Paradise - San Diego, USA!

"The sea monkey has my money"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 05:23 PM

I had a great morning looking at all the new ornaments. I fell in love with the kringlewood collection and bought Hoppy Holidays,, the kringlewood farm, and the kettle corn ornament. I will probably get the rest of them later. They are really well done in my opinion and will look so cute in mantle display. I also liked the red Father Christmas but didn't buy him or any of the other limiteds although I am kinda thinking I might drive back into the city tomorrow and hopefully one of the five Hallmarks in Halifax will have one left. The lodge is VERY nice but too expensive . I will be hoping to get one after Christmas, but I doubt there will be any left . Either the stores only got one or two in, or people were quickly snapping them up. I did like the Winter Park collection, but prob won't be getting any of these even though they are wonderful for people who like to do village displays. Frosty is really cute too, although I couldn't get the snowflakes to move. Also, is it my imagination or does there seem to be more ornament offerings this year than in previous years? Lots of the ornaments are sitting on shelves, not on the ornament display wall as there isn't any room for them.
Posted by: CorvetteElaine

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 06:27 PM

I think I was most surprised at the Winter in the Park collection. I had no intention of buying any of those but came home with 3 of them! They're so nicely done!!

I didn't buy any of the Kringlewood Farms, but did notice they were in short supply, and one store only had one left!

Also Ralphie Parker was out in one store and only a few everywhere else.
Posted by: julia

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 06:34 PM

I wasn't in the usual rush today because the Hallmark near me happened to have the limiteds that I wanted out a few days before Debut. I picked them up earlier in the week and had my wish list handed in at a different Hallmark. When I went to the Hallmark with my wish list, I noticed they were all sold out of the Juke Box. I had them get my bag from the back, hoping they remembered to put one in. They didn't! I was a bit upset since that was the one I was looking forward to the most. They called three other Hallmarks and they were sold out also. They were not allowed to sell the displays because it was orders from corporate. They told me they would get more in, but like a little kid, I wanted mine now! After a bit of a panic attack, I wound up being able to get one at the Hallmark where I purchased the limiteds. Then I was able to relax and enjoy the ornaments. I got:

Juke box, Snowy Mountain Lodge, Celebration Barbie, Kringlewood Farms--raccoon and bunny one, Ralphie Parker, Chatty Cathy, See n say, bicycle, Father Christmas, Nutcracker, kitchen angel Toast for Two and Wonder Woman (an odd one, but couldn't resist. I loved Wonder Woman when I was younger)!

The penguins didn't look like they were selling too well either. Kringlewood looked like it was doing well with most of it gone, Peanuts had only one left. I think Chatty Cathy and See n say and the bicycle were selling well too.

[This message has been edited by julia (edited 10-06-2007).]

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Swannsong:
Also, is it my imagination or does there seem to be more ornament offerings this year than in previous years? Lots of the ornaments are sitting on shelves, not on the ornament display wall as there isn't any room for them.

In the one Hallmark closer to me, the new ones weren't on the display shelf either. I wasn't sure if was because there wasn't enough room, or if that they didn't feel like moving things to make the room. Or maybe they just didn't plan for the room back in July??
Posted by: mel-gregory

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 06:59 PM

My 13-year old son & I arrived at our Hallmark at 945am.. they had opened at 9am. No one was in there except the clerks. My son was dying of hunger and I had told him they would have a table with food on it. Well, he searched the store, then came up to me saying they did not have ANYTHING. As we were checking out, I noticed a small plate by the register with some cookies and mini-muffins.. plus a box filled with Halloween candy. That was it.

I could not find Ralphie Parker or the KCC Limited. I asked the clerk and she found them for me. I got the last Ralphie on the shelf, but they had more in the back. I also looked for the Rock-Em Robots, since my son fell in love with the display. Well, there were none of those on the shelf either. She had to return to the back and get me one. At least they had some left! I also bought the Lionel Minis (I got the last one on the shelf, but there were probably more in back).

They were out of those Halloween votives (free with $30 purchase). Oh well!

I thought the Kringlewood Farms were cute.. for some reason, I thought they would be bigger, but I like the size they are. I may buy some in November. I did not realize the Winter Park ones would be so heavy. I also did not like the South Pole Pals.. WAY TOO HEAVY and the paint jobs were not done very well. There were plenty of all 3 series on the shelves.

I liked the Wedgewood ball, but not for $24! They had plenty of Lightning McQueens and all the other Limiteds, including the KCC. They also had all of the Halloween minis.

Manager said she thought the Rodney & Rhonda ornament would be a big seller and advised me to reserve one prior to November.

So, I got the ornaments I wanted, but not a big exciting Debut!

------------------
Melissa
Black Belt Mom
Posted by: susan in florida

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 06:59 PM

I only stopped at two Hallmark stores today.

The first one had all the limited sitting on the shelf. Didn't seem to be many customers. No big deal. No food, no prizes. I didn't buy anything.

2nd store was holding the snowman crayola, and miniature set of 3 tractors for me. Good thing as they had NONE left. I picked up the mustang car as well.

I also purchased the Celebration Barbie in the red dress. This store ordered very light on this. They only had 6 left of this Barbie.

As for the limited: left was 1 wedgwood ball, 5 Blue lightening, 1 mustang, 1 nutcracker. Everything thing else was gone.

Used my coupon to get the Halloween 3 piece candle set for free.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 07:15 PM

Today we were having the most beautiful weather in Wisconsin, so I spent quite a bit of time outside, did some yard work, went to a Fall Festival on Main St. Then about 3:00 I jumped up when I suddenly remembered it was Debut day! I had no list, no plan, no idea what I was supposed to be looking for. I felt like I was in college and I had overslept and was supposed to be at an exam!

I went to my local Hallmark and they had some of all the limited left.

I ended up buying 4 ornaments plus the storage box. I got 3 of the limiteds - Father Christmas, Kitchen Angel, and Walzing on Air, plus the Celebration Barbie ornament. I bought the last Kitchen Angel.

I enjoyed playing with all of the ornaments but I just don't need to buy so many. Each one is like buying a pricey toy! I hope I've bought enough this year so that I get a gift bag.....But when those days are over, I guess I will just buy less.

I haven't bought the regular Father Christmas yet, but maybe I don't need that one.....

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 08:05 PM

Your very welcome Deana, glad to help!!

And yes, Stacey, it is the musical plush on the sled!! I think it's adorable!!!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day!!

I have to go to the other ones tomorrow!
Posted by: homemadebycarol

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 09:07 PM

Debut was somewhat quiet at my sponsor store where I helped out for a couple of hours this morning. She sold out of all the limiteds via preorders so none even made it to the shelves. The only one I wanted was the blue Lightning McQueen which my club sponsor was able to hold for me so I could pick it up with the rest of my preorder. I stopped off at another Hallmark on my way home and they had all of the limiteds except the Crayola Snowman. Someone bought the last KCC while I was in the store but they had everything else including plenty of the Wedgwood ball, Kitchen Angel, Father Christmas, tractors, reindeer, etc.

Snowy Mountain Lodge looked like it was selling pretty well at both stores. I'm trying to resist this one but who knows how long I'll last as it's a terrific ornament. My sponsor store was also sold out of the piano and low on the jukebox. Of the October releases, the ones that went quickly was the recliner and Grumpy Before Coffee but they're getting another shipment in next week.

------------------
A meaningful life is built on purpose.
Posted by: Santa Girl

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 09:13 PM

Hi,

I started at 7:30 a.m. today and was off to six stores. None of them were what I would call busy. Three stores had my orders ready for me to pick up. The first store that I went to is always the best, all limiteds are out on the floor for customers to pick up (rather than behind the counter) and they always have great treats, as well as some type of drawing.

I hope Hallmark had a good day!

Renee'
Posted by: lindafay

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 09:30 PM

I got everything that I planned on today, plus some! I wasn't interested in any of the limiteds, so I didn't pay attention to how many were left. What I did notice in short supply though was the the Winter Park collection. I never got around to putting in a pre-order for Debut and the owner let club members in 30 minutes before opening to the public, so she must have had pre-orders for all but the displays since I got those. And, she couldn't find the box for one of them. By the time that I got home, I had a message on my machine that they had found the box and would hold it for me.

Linda

[This message has been edited by lindafay (edited 10-06-2007).]
Posted by: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 10:09 PM

Thanks for your comments on what to look for on some of the ornaments. I'm hoping to get to make a quick trip to the store where I turned in my preorder on Sunday after my dad's second surgery in about 4 days and before we head back to Indy. (He had his right hip replaced Wednesday and is having a complication caused by the doctor trying to stretch that leg to match his left leg that was longer after he got a new hip 4 1/2 years ago.)

My mom was worried about her local store holding things for her since she figured she wouldn't make it there this weekend (those people at that store could learn a lot from a course on good customer service), so I had her turn in a preorder form at my local store. When she told me that she thought she'd leave the hospital for a while this afternoon, I suggested she go to that store and get her ornaments. So she did and laughed when one of my friends said to tell me hello. I'm glad she went so she could look at her ornaments tonight when she was winding down before another long day at the hospital with my dad.

We spent the afternoon at a college football game (we'd been planning this for months, and although our team lost it was a great game) and didn't have time to get to the Hallmark store after we stopped by the hospital to check on my parents.
Posted by: debbieg

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/06/07 10:16 PM

I went to two stores today. Creations sent out postcards saying that "special" customers could buy HMK ornaments between 8-10 am today only. I arrived at 9:15 wanting to see why the store opened so early. I still don't know. There were some cookies, juice, Starbuck's in their travel containers. Very few customers though I was told there was a line at 8 am. I only bought a Halloween set to replace the ones my cleaning lady broke!

The second store had little muffins, coffee, juice and super carmel corn. They also had a drawing. The prizes were last year's ornaments!!! Even a 2006 Halloween ornament!
Guess they planned this way ahead because these ornaments never made it to the "sale" shelves.

I bought a few ornaments, mostly for gifts.
Posted by: Loo-Ann Allen

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 07:01 AM

I had a fun day.
I was at my first Hallmark at 9:00 A.M. and my husband was to get off work and meet me by 9:30 A.M. at the store but he did not show up so by 10:00 I ended up buying Santa's Jukebox being they only had 3 on the shelf and I bought Kitchen Angel.
I showed our KOC cards being they were making up their own little goodie bags.
Inside bag was Thanksgiving and fall stickers, cute photo small booklet to put your photos in, face little tissue and red plastic candle with clear flame that has two batteries in it and when turned on flickers yellow.
I filled out a drawing slip for both of us.
They had bagels and cream cheese with nuts and a sweet spread on it to put on your bagels.
I told them if my husband showed up to tell him I went to his work to look for him and then was going to their 2nd Hallmark store.

He was not at work so went on to 2nd store and he was at that store saying he just missed me.
They had same food, drawing and goodie bag but we got same photo booklet and I got a jar with red filled candle in it and Robert got a green filled candle. It had paper on top of jar saying Time & Again crackling wick scent with a comforting sound.
This store was holding Rainbow Snowman for me and I also bought Colorful Dreams and Toast for Two.
Robert bought the mini sets of Dancing Friends and Green Thumb Gardening ornaments.
They were out of Cookie Season mini set that I was looking for and could have bought at first store.
Also both stores were out of Spooky Lights Tea light holders that I had a card in the mail for a free one if I bought $30

We came home and I said to Robert before we go to D&J's Hallmark in Dade City one hour away lets call them to see if they have the Cookie Season mini set and if they don't have it we will have to call the first store.
Will they had it and I had them put it on hold for me along with the train mini set.

We got to D&J's and they had all kinds of food that the owner makes at all the Hallmark events.
She had a hot dip made with meat, cheese and other things in it, corn chips to dip up the dip, 7 layer salad, little weenies in sauce, chocolate trifle, strawberry angel trifle, pecan pie bars, mini cupcakes, crackers, with ham spread to put on crackers, and punch.

The manager always has fun games for us to play this time she made out of paper 45 size records that they put around their store that we were to look for and mark down what it was by we had 10 to look for.
Then they had a Trivia from Past decades.
I will do the first one for you they had like 10 to do.
1. Popular clothing items in the 50's were:
S-----------shoes
B-----------socks
P----------dress/skirt

The girls that worked at the store they had order for them pink poodle skirts.
The girls were giving everyone a plastic peace cymbal necklace that had 3 or 4 colors mixed together and a red string to hold on around your neck.

I bought some of the ornaments that came out in July.
Robert bought the two mini sets of ornaments we put on hold and they had the Halloween spooky tea light holders left and I gave him a print out that he got on his email from Hallmark but he came back and said you could not get it free you had to buy 3 cards and pay $6.95 so he ask for my card in the mail that I got that was for free so I gave it to him.

They also had at the front a basket with plastic things in it and I picked out a free small purple smiley face coin purse that you squeeze together to open and it also had a chain on it.

Hallmark if you are reading this how come my husband did not get any of the U.S. post office mailings of October Debut he only get's an email about them?
I like having his mailing to cut up to put the pictures of ornaments that are not in the Dream book in my note book that has baseball card holders and keep my mailings in a folder that I don't cut.

Loo-Ann
Posted by: Qwackertoo

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:

Deana, I picked up a couple of the Blue Lighting
Cars, however, I notice someone else got them for you. That is ok, I will go back tomorrow and trade them back for other ornaments.

Barbara, I will pay for the ones you picked up as I don't want to leave you holding them. I asked you to try and find them so I don't want you to get "stuck" with them or have to trade them back to the store for something you don't really want or need. I'm certain I can find homes for them with gifts to nephews or something. I really appreciate you picking those up. As many here know I buy two of almost every Disney ornament for my kids collections and I was a bit worried I might not get any of this one so I'd rather have four than none. Thanks, Barbara~! Send me an email with your address so I can send you a check or money order.

Deana
Posted by: Marilyn K

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 02:06 PM

My favorite Hallmark store opened at 8:00 am yesterday. I had turned in a wish list and they had pulled everything I had on it. Bought all the exclusives except for the 2 deers and wedgewood one. I also bought the storage box. They had cookies and something to drink. This was the only store in my area that opened that early.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 02:28 PM

I worked for one of my local club sponsors yesterday. Since she was going to be out of town she was worried that the local club members wouldn't feel at ease so she asked me to step in. Well, there wasn't much for me to do so I started stocking shelves.

The limiteds were behind the counter and there were still plenty of all when I left around 12:30.

I asked the manager what had been selling well. She said Candy Cane Lane and Ralphy had been doing really well but nothing really stood out as a knock out seller.

It was slow and there wasn't anything fun in the way of Debut, only a small table with cut up danishes and juice.

Stacey

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 02:42 PM

Haven't gone to the Hallmark store yet as wasn't feeling well yesterday. Wondered if people are liking the Kitchen angel or not? Might have to send my hubby to pick up my bag so won't see it til he brings it back. Can't tell much from a picture! She looks sort of cute, but not sure.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rcarp45:
Haven't gone to the Hallmark store yet as wasn't feeling well yesterday. Wondered if people are liking the Kitchen angel or not? Might have to send my hubby to pick up my bag so won't see it til he brings it back. Can't tell much from a picture! She looks sort of cute, but not sure.

I liked her! But, I like those type of ornaments that use utensils in a clever way---Cookie Doe and Chocolate Moose. I also love angels. She was cute to me, but I think I read another post that didn't care for it too much. It will look great on my food tree.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 04:01 PM

Only went to one store yesterday. Arrived around 10:00. It was very low key. Only two other customers in the store and they weren't looking at ornaments.

All the limited were available. There were 3-4 of each.

For the regular ornaments, nothing appeared to be sold out or in limited supply.

I picked up Chatty Cathy, holiday barbie, the barbie dreamhouse, and Linus.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 04:18 PM

Went to my club store today! They were out of the specials, but mine were in my bag, so I wasn't worried!! Then when I got home the other club called and asked if I was coming to get my ornies. I said I just got home and it's 50 min away, so she took my credit card and is holding it for me for our next meeting!! That was really nice!

The only thing with having 4 stores holding ornies for me I didn't write all of them down!! LOL So, I have a mustang and a blue lightning extra! E-mail me if you want these!!

Not that I wanted any but none of the stores had any refreshments!

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 04:54 PM

I went back this afternoon because I forgot to pick up Linus. Unfortunately, they were out. They will be getting in another shipment though. I didn't get a chance to look at the jukebox yesterday and so I thought I'd get that today also. I ended up not buying it - I just don't like it. I sure wish the player piano was less money.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 05:10 PM

Well, passed on the Kitchen Angel, and decided to get the Kringlewood farms ornament and 2 others to get the special price, but, they were all gone! Also didn't have the fox and the hound, so just bought Beaver Bob. Really wanted the Kringlewood farms one. Another store is also out of it, but said they had lots of the limited ones, so guess they aren't all that limited!

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 06:48 PM

mine was good--i was one of the first ones at my store. i only walked away with two, though. i wasn't planning on getting the see 'n say, but after i saw it, i had to have it!! i was planning on getting colorful dreams (mouse in crayon box), but after i saw it, i decided to pass. i just didn't think it was as cute on the pictures for some reason. ?? i did get the rainbow snowman limited. he's adorable!! soooo much better in person than the picture.

i would love to have the kringlewood farms set, but i just can't get myself to do it...maybe i'll get lucky, and they'll have some after christmas. my store had quite a few left tonight.

[This message has been edited by sprock21 (edited 10-07-2007).]

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 07:06 PM

I didn't get to go until today. I visited 3 stores looking for Chatty Cathy. The first 2 were sold out, so I went to our Hallmark in the mall. They had 3 left and I bought 2 of them, one for my sister, who still has her old Chatty Cathy, and one for me. I hope Hallmark makes a Chatty Baby next year as that's what I had when I was young.
None of the 3 stores were doing anything, no games, no specials, no treats...
Posted by: Marilyn K

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 07:34 PM

I went up to the local Hallmark in the mall and ended up buying four of the Winter Park ornaments. These are really nice.
Posted by: KarenG

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 08:18 PM

I went to my neighborhood Hallmark at 8am yesterday. I was probably the 4th person in the door and got the two limited I wanted (Crayola Snowman and Mustang). If I had come in 10 minutes later, though, I wouldn't have gotten them. The store had the limiteds in a separate display and they went fast. There were 6 ea. of the snowman and the mustang on the shelf, although the store might have pulled a few as pre-orders. I got all of the ornaments I wanted -- one of which was the only Airstream on the shelf. By the time I left the store at 8:30, there were probably 20 people there, which is a lot for that store. They had coffee and orange juice, plus cookies and mini-donuts. I was on my way to the gym, so I stopped after one donut. I spent more money at debut than I did at Premier because a lot of the ornaments on my "must have" list were October releases.
Posted by: Bepes

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 09:42 PM

I went to my favorite Hallmark store. Unfortunately, they did not have the 5 piece train set. So, after purchasing my limiteds and a couple others, I decided to travel a little further to my second favorite Hallmark store. I am so glad that I did.

All the employees were dressed in orange and they were offering 20% off anything in the store that was orange -- ornaments included! If the ornaments had a speck of orange, it was included. Do you realize how many ornaments have something orange? A lot! I goes without saying that I spent way more than I ever would have.

I was so involved in finding any ornament that had orange in it that I forgot to purchase the jukebox ornament. I am confident that I will be able to pick it up this week.
Posted by: Taj

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/07/07 10:52 PM

Saturday I was at my local HM right when they opened. I rushed right over to the minis and was happy to get the Peanuts. (Remember I was worried because they only had 4 out when I scoped the store out earlier in the week). Also got the mini kitchen set. While I was at the minis another customer was asking a clerk where they were. I raised my hand and invited her on down by me. We ended up chatting while we were filling our basket.

The only limited one I got was the Father Christmas. (I did stop back in the store Sunday afternoon and they still had all the limiteds available.)

What I found interesting was that Debut seemed to me to be busier than it was at Ornament Premiere! After the crowd had left, I was still there lingering, deciding, back and forth, back and forth.

Then when I went to check out, the owner rang me up. I've never seen her at the registers before. Anyway, she asked if I was a club member. I said yes, then she said I'd be getting a free ornament since I was a club member. I was totally surprised. I told her I didn't realize there was a free ornament for Debut. She said there was and after I showed her my membership card, she gave me the Santa Music Box ornament for free!!! Whoa!

There were no treats out or Christmas music playing, but with all the people there at the beginning and all the excitement of everyone filling their baskets, it was quite fun. I had to go back on Sunday to pick up another ornament I forget to get on Saturday but didn't notice anything that was sold out. The store did sell a few of the Shimmering Snowflake Tree Topper. I debated on getting this as well, but hubby didn't like it.

I bought 15 ornaments this weekend.

[This message has been edited by Taj (edited 10-07-2007).]
Posted by: cally

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 01:34 AM

Since this weekend is our Thanksgiving here in Canada, the Debut was moved to October 13th....well nothing to do about it but go on a road trip to your Debut! Three of us (I'm the manager, my sweetie works in the store too, and the president of our local club is a good friend) took what should have been a quick weekend trip to Washington state. Unfortunately thousands of other Canadians were heading south also....we had a 5 1/2 hour wait at the border. But being the dedicated collectors that we are, we did not let that deter us from our mission.....we managed to get to 4 Hallmarks Saturday late afternoon and evening, and three more today (Sunday). We didn't buy much because we'll get first pick when our own ornaments are put out next weekend....but we did enjoy having our first look at them! Linus and the Jukebox were super....and I loved the Wedgewood ball in spite of its high price. None of the stores were busy, but we were there after the initial "rush" would have ended. But I must say that of the 7 stores we visited, only one gave us Gold Crown service. You would think that when three people literally "run" in the front door, exclaim "there they are!" and head for the Keepsake Ornaments, that a staff member might notice them and chat them up about the Debut? No, not for us. We were ignored in most of the stores, got asked if we were "just looking" in another, got a few polite hello's in one, but sadly got only one enthusiastic employee. (Kudos to Judy in Woodinville!) We spent a lot of time in all the stores, seeing what was new, what was different from home, looking for some of the things we can't get....but spent the most money in Woodinville. (great little town, by the way). We were a bit disappointed by our other experiences but that one store made it worthwhile. We got home late Sunday night... tired, broke, and ready for Turkey Day tomorrow.
Posted by: Karen W2

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 02:50 AM

Part 2 of my Debut Day shopping excursions:

Drove 1.5 hrs each way, to the local club sponsor where I put my pre-order in with, to pick up the October releases. As promised, all of them were ready and waiting for me to pick up, since I already paid for them in July.

I also checked out his display and noticed he had MANY of the UNICEF A World of Hope orns, so I picked up that one as well. So my total purchases for Debut day were:

1. Wedgwood Holiday Parade
2. Kitchen Angel Special Edition
3. Beauty of Birds #3 - Blue Jay
4. Toast for Two
5. Noah's Ark
6. A World of Hope
7. Anyone Can Cook! Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille
8. Marlin and Dory Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo
9. MINI - Cookie Season
10. Picture Purr-fect! Disney's The Aristocats

------------------
Karen W2 - Paradise - San Diego, USA!

"The sea monkey has my money"
Posted by: meam2you

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bepes:

All the employees were dressed in orange and they were offering 20% off anything in the store that was orange -- ornaments included! If the ornaments had a speck of orange, it was included. Do you realize how many ornaments have something orange? A lot! I goes without saying that I spent way more than I ever would have.

Wow! Did they offer up that information, or did someone ask? We got the coupons at our store, too, but I assumed it pertained to Halloween and fall things. I never even thought to ask if ornaments were included! I've got to be a little quicker on my toes I guess!!

BTW - which store was this?

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taj:
I showed her my membership card, she gave me the Santa Music Box ornament for free!!! Whoa!

[This message has been edited by Taj (edited 10-07-2007).]

It was your lucky day! She must have been really new to the job!

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 08:43 AM

Taj - You are one lucky person! I passed on this ornament because I thought the price was too high.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 10:12 AM

I went to a couple of Hallmark stores when they opened, it was almost empty.

Easily picked up everything I wanted.

I am going to stop by today at lunch and see what is selling out.
Posted by: curt1108

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 11:56 AM

i agree with you val about the jukebox, was not impressed with it, only because of the music it played? i also thought the buttons were alittle difficult as well..why not xmas songs we know...
but the 1 ornament i did not see at all was "the first gift of christmas" from the polar express?
did anyone else not see this one there?

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 12:04 PM

I think the Polar Express ornament comes out in November.

Just checked my local Hallmarks and they had all of the limiteds available but as others have said Santa's Jukebox, Chatty Kathy, and See 'n' say were all gone!
Posted by: debbieg

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 12:55 PM

The locally owned store I visited on Sat. had a drawing (see my earlier post). I won! I received the call this morning (Monday) and was told I won a Halloween ornament (hairdresser) from the "Hauntington" series, 2005. I bought this ornament two years ago. I noticed that the other prizes were also "left-overs" and this was the only ornament. Other items included paper plates, a dented cookie tin, etc.
Posted by: CorvetteElaine

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by curt1108
but the 1 ornament i did not see at all was "the first gift of christmas" from the polar express?
did anyone else not see this one there?[/B]

I picked this one up for a friend of mine, its kinda neat looking!

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by julia:
It was your lucky day! She must have been really new to the job!

Not new on the job. It was the owner who waited on me. It was a nice surprise. I wouldn't have bought it because I thought it was pricey, but I came home and played with it and it's pretty cute.
Posted by: Carko

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 03:53 PM

Taj,
Did you get the "Flashin Michael Jackson Santa" for free??
(The KOC club musical Santa that has his jacket open up to view children playing)?
)
It is all I could think of when I looked at that ornament!
Just cannot bring myself to own it--but for free.....hmmm could do that!
Congrats!

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 04:15 PM

Oh, Carko, tsk, tsk, tsk on the MJ. You goof.

All-in-all Debut was fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the new things for November and Open House. If my daughter would let me get away with it, I'd start decorating in October. Instead, I will have to wait a few more weeks, but then watch out! I really want to do a lot this year and with all the cute stuff HM is offering, it won't be hard!
Posted by: Mary F.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 05:54 PM

Carko, that was a cute description of the music box.

The only reason I bought it at Barb's was for my friend. I would never buy it for me.

Taj, you were very lucky to receive this. The first thing I thought of was when you were asked if you were a Club Member (was this Local or KOC?) was that she might have thought you were suppose to get this from Hallmark as a Club member. She could have misinterpreted the rules since Hallmark did not give a free ornament this time.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 08:22 PM

Mary - The owner asked to see my National Club card. I didn't think we were getting a free ornament for Debut and I said that to her. Then I thought maybe she was doing it for National club members or to members who spent a certain amount. But maybe you are right and she thought that ornament was a free gift to members vs. an ornament that only club members were allowed to purchase. If that's the case, then I feel bad for getting it for free if I shouldn't have. When I was there late Sunday afternoon they still had several behind the counter, so if it was a mistake, I don't think she gave many away. Oh man. I should bring it back and ask.

Carko - you do know I was teasing with my "tsk," right? I can totally picture your description with the added MJ "ooo-hoo."

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 08:51 PM

I went to a store, that was holding a Mustang for me, this morning. They still had a few of the Mustang, Kitchen Angel, Rainbow Snowman, Father Christmas, the Nutcracker Santa, Blue Lightning, On a Clear Winter's Night and the Antique Tractors!! Hey!! LOL That's all of them!! LOL

Ok, so I picked up an extra Mustang and Rainbow Snowman and a Blue Lightning for anyone that wants one, or two!! Someone was wanting one but I forget who!!

The only one that they were out of is Ralphie Parker. They have a lot of Tinker Bell's. She only had 3 of Linus, so I got one! They only had 1 See 'N Say [I already have one].

I really didn't stick around and look to see what all they were low on!
Posted by: pxsrdh

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/08/07 10:50 PM

I went to my local Hallmark and had a great
time. I got there when they opened the doors
and it was packed with customers. There
wasn't anything to eat but the staff was
very friendly and the environment was very
festive. I stayed for about 1.5 hours,
time just flew by.

I bought the followig ornaments:
*Barbie Family Deluxe House!!!
*Chatty Cathy
*Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots
*This Is Sportscenter ESPN (tv)
*The Sister Connection (too cute to pass up)

Love my Hallmark ornaments,
Queli
Posted by: Mary F.

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/09/07 10:28 AM

Taj, I am sorry if I made you feel guilty, but I don't think you should.

If she is a new manager or owner of the Store since Premiere, maybe. But, if she was manager or owner then and the last year, she had to know they were to be SOLD to KOC members.

She just might have given it to you for being a good customer and was only giving it to those who belonged to KOC.
Posted by: curt1108

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/09/07 10:31 AM

bkbroiler: according to the hallmark ornament book..page 19..it says the polar express santa is available in oct....i believe its a sleigh bell (Polar express)that comes out in november.. and that will be "limited"

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/09/07 10:58 AM

You're right. I do remember seeing the Polar Express Santa at the store.

He was located on the far right end of the ornament display and didn't really stick out.
Posted by: dragon

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/10/07 04:44 PM

I got to my local store about 45 minutes after it opened. Having just moved here this summer from out of state I wasn't sure what to expect but it was really very nice. There was a table set up with coffee, cider, cookies, crackers and a cheese ball. There were several employees pointing out the ornaments and where the limiteds were etc. This was way more involvement than I was used to seeing.

I got everything I was looking for, mostly the toys(Chatty Cathy, Rock'em Sock'em, See'N Say etc.) The only limited I was looking for was the Crayola snowman but he was all gone. That's OK, I can live without him.

I met the store owner and her dad. They were very nice and we chatted for a few minutes. She told me that she will do pre-orders and hold anything except the limiteds because she gets so few of them. None of the stores I previously went to would hold anything so this is an improvement! I'll just have to be at the store when it opens if I want any limiteds. This shouldn't be too hard, I used to have a choice of 6-8 stores in a 20 mile radius, this is the only Hallmark store within 50 miles so I'll be doing all my Premieres, Debuts etc here.

Best thing about Debut? There was a husband/wife team taking names of people interested in forming a local club! I had asked at several stores I previously went to and never got any interested responses to starting a club, so yippee! I hope it works out.

Karen
Posted by: sheetmusicman

Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007 - 10/11/07 09:00 PM

I have to give a SHOUT OUT to Kerchner's Gold Crown Hallmark in Canton, Ohio for providing the Hallmark Open House for us. We had the thrill of attending our grand-nephew's wedding this past weekend in Pittsburgh. We were out of town from Fri until late Sunday evening. The week prior the great staff of Kerchner's let us pick out the purchases we wanted for the weekend, I left our GC certificates, a credit card number and they rang it all up during the weekend so we wouldn't miss out on all the extra points, etc. Now that's the way to run a HM GC store !!! Today Sandy and I went to the store and everything was packed up and ready. The even saved a few ornament storage boxes in case we wanted them. Sorry I'm a bit long-winded. Thanks Alan

------------------
"a retired teacher who's still learning"