2015 Sketchbook ornaments!

Posted by: luckdragon

2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 06:10 AM

Disney got some up before I could do the annual hopes/wishes thread.

http://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-or...romSearch=10002
*banner isn't uploaded yet for it*

The frilly princess ornaments changed this year, so that's nice. Anna is absent though. I usually buy one of these a year, and I really like the Merida one.

I HAVE to have the Lady and the Tramp one with Joe!

Still, here are some hopes/wishes for me:

1. I want that Sword in the Stone ornament that the UK got
2. Tarzan
3. Shang (Mulan)
4. Vanellope
5. Prince from "Beauty and the Beast"
6. Robin Hood
7. Kristoff
8. Oliver (Oliver and Company)
9. Merlin (Sword in the Stone)
10. Sadness (Inside Out)
Posted by: Qwackertoo

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 10:41 AM

I was wondering if the Princess ornaments were repeats or modified new designs!

Mary Poppins is a repeat.

Plane Crazy - new

Lady & Tramp - new

Donald & Daisy - new

Roger & Jessica - new

would have to go back and look again . . . at 3:00 it was early . . . and I guess fooling with that darn Disney Movie Rewards and making one account active and de-activating the others . . . de-activated my MAIN ordering from Disney.com account. Argh especially at 3:00 and on my laptop in the dark . . . having to re-set password etc. I think I finally finished checking out at almost 3:40. And I just ordered TWICE in the last 96 hours with the 25% F&F code. I was panicking and about to check out as a guest . . . but finally got it all worked out and they sent the link to re-set and re-activate fairly quick.

Whew!

Now to look forward to more Sketchbook and Park exclusive ornaments!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 03:33 PM

and there will be many disappointed eBay sellers who have Mary Poppins for the 130.00 range. About six auctions. And several in the 50-70.00 range.

YAY. I missed it last year as it sold out quickly. Glad to have ordered it this a.m.

And Steve Thompson has posted about the Sketchbook ornaments on Facebook today. Saying the "beginning" of them have been added to the website and soon they will have their own section! But no hints.
Posted by: Marilyn K

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
and there will be many disappointed eBay sellers who have Mary Poppins for the 130.00 range. About six auctions. And several in the 50-70.00 range.

YAY. I missed it last year as it sold out quickly. Glad to have ordered it this a.m.

And Steve Thompson has posted about the Sketchbook ornaments on Facebook today. Saying the "beginning" of them have been added to the website and soon they will have their own section! But no hints.

Where did you see this on Facebook?

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 06:49 PM

Hi Marilyn

I follow Steve Thompson on Facebook. He posted twice earlier today.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 07:14 PM

They already have their own section:
http://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-ornaments/mn/1014405/
Disney Store didn't put the banner up though. Blast it. The banner sometimes has pictures of ornaments to come.

Well...there is a slight difference between last year's Mary Poppins and this year's. Last year's had a decal on the top of the umbrella that noted the 50th anniversary of the film. Not that that matters much. It's a really pretty ornament, so I highly recommend it to others out there who didn't get it last year. smile

Other than Mary Poppins and the singing Elsa, the rest are new! I hope that's how the rest are. I really don't want to see Jaq and Gus on the glass slipper or the Mickey gang in the Mickey glove balloon. Time to retire some of these. Though, if they want to pull some older ones like Si and Am, I'm all for it! I'd love to have that one, but I can't afford it. I'd also like Figaro and Cleo, the Enchanted Rose, and a few others.

Anyone else notice that the Jasmine ornament specifically says "turquoise" in the title? Do you think the Disney Store.com exclusive this year will be the frilly Jasmine in a different dress color? Much like how Aurora in blue was the .com exclusive last year.

I'll have to update my Photobucket album!

I wish the Disney Store would provide Disney Parks ornaments like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-Aut...s-/271935227268
And not this:
http://www.disneystore.com/dancing-minnie-mouse-icon-ornament/mp/1379937/1000344/
Seriously, I may have some nightmares from that...

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 08:48 PM

Lots of Aladdin merchandise at Disney.com with them coming out with the video in October. So may be more than just the one so far . . . bet you are right.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 08:57 PM

Updated the Photobucket album:
http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdragon9/library/Disney%20Sketchbook%20Ornament%20Collection

smile Now to wait for more.

I actually watched "Aladdin" today. I'm watching the Disney movies in theatrical release order (one a day). And today just happened to be the day for "Aladdin."
Posted by: carstairs38

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/20/15 10:10 PM

I wish I had the time to watch the Disney movies like that. Even one a weeks seems ambitious to me these days, but it would be a very fun project.
Posted by: Faster

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/21/15 01:08 PM

I agree with your wish for Sadness. The princess ornaments are not as good as the new Park line. Hoping for a non-princess Mulan. Just put her in an outfit from the film and I'll be happy.

Hoping for some Guardians of the Galaxy ornaments. Thankfully I have a Disney store near me and don't have to pay Disney's ridiculous shipping.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/22/15 05:40 AM

They did do this Mulan ornament in 2013:
Mulan ornament

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/22/15 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Updated the Photobucket album:
http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdragon9/library/Disney%20Sketchbook%20Ornament%20Collection

smile Now to wait for more.

I actually watched "Aladdin" today. I'm watching the Disney movies in theatrical release order (one a day). And today just happened to be the day for "Aladdin."

LOVELOVELOVE your album of all the Sketchbook ornaments. Makes me wish I had started them much earlier than I did. Coulda Woulda Shoulda. frown
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/22/15 01:18 PM

I like a couple of the them, but would like to see all the 2015's before I place my order.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/22/15 07:40 PM

Yeah, I'm waiting for the sale they have every year. But, I'm looking very forward to seeing what's in store. So far, I like these better than last year's. A lot of last year's were repeats and boring to me. Even the Sofia the First ornament looks better than the other ones from that cartoon in the past (not that I'm buying it).

The Tsum Tsum ornament set is a resounding "no" though. I'm not a fan of the idea of taking an app and making ornaments for it. How dated will that look in a few years? Whereas Mickey Mouse is much more timeless.

Anyone see the new Mickey nutcrackers based on Disney attractions? There are two ghost ones for Haunted Mansion, a Minnie It's a Small World one, and a Mickey Tomorrowland one.

There is also a really cute Olaf nutcracker, but it's $60. Nope. I'll pass, thanks.

The Mickey Haunted Mansion one would be a great Halloween decoration. I really like it, but I don't agree with the price tag. Most nutcrackers that size are relatively cheap, and most are still well decorated.
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-hatbox-ghost-nutcracker-figure-14/mp/1379929/1000276/

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/22/15 11:32 PM

Those nutcrackers look great, but yeah, they are expensive. They kind of remind me of the hat ornaments and shoe ornaments - very cool to look at but no way I can afford to start collecting them.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/23/15 10:04 AM

Anyone see the new Mickey nutcrackers based on Disney attractions? There are two ghost ones for Haunted Mansion, a Minnie It's a Small World one, and a Mickey Tomorrowland one.

There is also a really cute Olaf nutcracker, but it's $60. Nope. I'll pass, thanks.

The Mickey Haunted Mansion one would be a great Halloween decoration. I really like it, but I don't agree with the price tag. Most nutcrackers that size are relatively cheap, and most are still well decorated.
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-hatbox-ghost-nutcracker-figure-14/mp/1379929/1000276/

I must have missed the Olaf one but saw the others.

In years gone by, you used to could get some really GREAT deals at Disney.com . . . they must have previously grossly overproduced many items and it was fairly easy to get stuff @ 75% off . . . and then with an AP or a Disney Visa Discount get another 10% and FREE shipping which many times . . . like my big and very heavy Santa Mickey, all my pin display cases and even my Fab Five Topiary frames . . . they were HUGE, in HUGE boxes . . . nowadays shipping by a regular person would be 30-40.00 bucks easy for one item.

But now . . . you might get a little sale discount . . . but not much unless it is something really less desirable.
Posted by: tiggerfan

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/23/15 10:05 AM

Wow those are expensive. Whew, at least I won't be tempted to buy them, even though they are really nice looking!

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/24/15 02:42 PM

When do sketchbook ornaments usually come out I missed the ones I liked last year because I waited too long.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/24/15 07:55 PM

Do you mean in the stores or online?

I haven't had a Disney Store in my city for nearly eight years, so I can't remember. I'd imagine they'd have them out for sale by late September to early October.

The website usually puts them up starting in late August, so it was a nice treat to have them up early. They slowly leak out a few every 1-2 weeks until around mid to late September. Then, all of them should be up for sale.
Posted by: tassa09

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 07/27/15 03:06 PM

I hope for some more live action Disney movies. I really like the Robert Newton Treasure Island ornament that came out. A Swiss Family Robinson would be cool, like an ornament of the tree house. The Shaggy Dog is another. Animation wise, I'd like a Robin Hood.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/05/15 04:32 PM

They added two more Sketchbook ornaments today. A glass Mickey and a glass Minnie. I like them better than the glass ornaments last year. wink
Posted by: DDCakes

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 03:33 AM

There are tons of new ornaments added! Aladdin LE, Beast, Buzz and Woody, Jasmine musical, Ariel musican, Rapunzel musical, and so many others! Wall E and Eve!
Posted by: Diana*

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 04:31 AM

Love the Beast in the bathtub! Too funny. And Wall-E and Eve looks great. Dumbo is darling.
I'm going to be poor quickly. Hope the sales start soon!
(Still holding out hope for Sword in the Stone.)

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 06:11 AM

Can't wait for the sale they do every year!

Definitely need the Aladdin/Jasmine musical ornament, the Tangled musical ornament (that's the old Sketchbook ornament put on a base), Little Mermaid musical ornament, Peas in a Pod, Evil Queen and Magic Mirror, Lady and the Tramp, Beast, and maybe Wall-E and Eve. Hopefully Merida too.

Nice year! Looking forward to seeing the rest!

The Beast ornament reminds me of the Enesco ornament, "Beauty for the Beast," which I've owned for a few years and really love:
http://www.tias.com/stores/tsj/pictures/ehobbbba.jpg

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: DDCakes
There are tons of new ornaments added! Aladdin LE, Beast, Buzz and Woody, Jasmine musical, Ariel musican, Rapunzel musical, and so many others! Wall E and Eve!

UGH! I thought you meant the Jasmine recolor as the Aladdin limited edition. Until I saw what you really meant:

http://www.disneystore.com/art-of-jasmine-ornament-set-limited-edition/mp/1380850/1000344/

I just put in an order for that, the Jasmine musical ornament, and a pair of baby Halloween shoes to get the free shipping. Wasted the shipping cost on Ichabod. Oh well.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 09:53 AM

They have new sketchbook ornaments up and I love them! I have to get the tigger. When do they normally start their sale for the ornaments? I am not sure I will be able to wait! :-)

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 09:55 AM

And I just realized that others have posted that there are new ones up. I think I just got a little excited!

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 10:22 AM

Really like the Mickey ornament on the scooter. Hopefully they still have a Cap ornament in the wings. I bought last years but it didn't service the flight home from Orlando.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 10:56 AM

Confused me too. Missed it early this a.m. My alarm went off at 3:30 and I turned it off and actually checked around 6:30 and apparently that was still too early as I checked the musical Jasmine and saw hmmm NOT limited but bought it anyway and the Tangled as it looked so similar to the previous non-musical one that goes for big bucks on eBay so I wasn't chancing waiting for the sale. So now I ordered the limited set. Whew.

Checked UK site and nothing new for Sketchbook that I noticed but quite a few "forest" themed ornaments and more "baubles".

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 04:02 PM

4:00 central . .. Art of Jasmine SOLD OUT.

Hope everybody that wanted the set was able to get it.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 04:31 PM

And it's on ebay for prices ranging from $95 to $129.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 05:04 PM

I could see at work that it was listed as sold out as early as 1:15 PM EST. That set went faster than the Art of Aurora set. Speaking of Art of Aurora, there are lots of that set available on ebay for pretty good prices. I think around $30. The retail was...either $39.95 or $49.95.

The Art of Jasmine set looks pretty good, especially the Aladdin ornament. I also like the Genie, but I'm not too big on the Jasmine ornament...
Apparently it was a D23 set too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/D23-Expo-The-Art...n-/221856242630
Wish that the Frozen set sold at D23 would show up on the Disney Store website. I want that Kristoff ornament. I'm assuming D23 only got a portion of the 1000 sets and just tacked the D23 logo on the box? Surely they didn't do a 1000 for D23 and then a 1000 for the non-D23. They're identical.

Few thoughts:

As for Sword in the Stone, I'm still hoping, but seeing the reissued Rescuers instead of the Rescuers we saw last year in the UK kind of dims that hope. frown Seriously, Disney Store?

And the Mickey balloon again? *sighs* How many times has that been in the line?

The Evil Queen and Magic Mirror has lenticular movement! Awesome! smile Peas in a Pod is a flocked ornament! I have the Oswald ornament from last year, and it's flocked, and it's some of the best flocking I've seen. Oswald is flocked again this year. Must resist...too many others I like...gah. Simba is also flocked. But Simba looks off to me. The eyes are definitely weird...

Another dwarf in the unofficial dwarfs series.

Wall-E and Eve is another Disney couples ornament! That sculpt is as good as Hallmark does. Looks like it has glitter in the clear plastic.

I still think they'll do more (hoping, though they are already at more than last year unless you count personalized ornaments). I tried snooping through their image names, and there is a gap between Merida and Elsa, so I think they will do a frilly Anna ornament. I also think Inside Out will have an ornament. Maybe Good Dinosaur and Star Wars.

Light up ornaments now cost the same as musical ones. That Jiminy Cricket ornament from before was the same price as regular Sketchbook ornaments. Now, it's not.

Oops! Look at the banner for the Sketchbook series. They used the sketches from "Moments That Made Disney" as the background.

Oh, and I updated my Photobucket album of Sketchbook ornaments to add in the new ones. I also located an image of this year's hangtag (I've put the hangtag for every year in there so people can ID anything that's not in the album or was issued multiple years):

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/17/15 09:36 PM

Wish I'd taken the time to look at that Jasmine set this morning. Oh well. I guess I didn't need it.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/18/15 06:07 AM

They added another Sketchbook ornament today. It's a reissue of the 2008 Tinker Bell.

And, of course, they gave the Disney Store UK some of the Ichabod and Katrina ornament as well as the Art of Jasmine set. That Ichabod and Katrina will just collect dust in their warehouse. I hope that they at least lowered the allotment for Europe. Again, it's nothing personal, but they still have all 12 of Moments That Made Disney. Just seems silly to not sell them in the country that actually buys them, but what do I know?

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/21/15 12:25 AM

I wish Disney would hurry up and send the ornaments to the stores because I can't order from the online store. Stupid shipping blocks on certain items.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/21/15 05:20 PM

I got my two orders today! Ichabod and Katrina is an amazing ornament! Though, I had a little brown paint on the upper part of Katrina's legs. Backside, so it's not noticeable. I'm hoping that the fact that the ornament is still available indicates that they allocated more to the US than overseas.

The Art of Jasmine set's pretty. The ornaments are bigger than the Art of Aurora set. The Aladdin ornament was my favorite of the three. He looks more realistic and less cartoony, which is an interesting choice given Jasmine looks like her cartoon version.

The Aladdin and Jasmine musical ornament is great! They did the melody with the lyrics this year! So, yep, I'll have to get the other two new musical ornaments (even if it's just the lyrics). The button to turn the music on is on the bottom on the battery compartment. It's just a short, thin black button. Threw me off since I couldn't find it at first. If memory serves, the two musical ornaments from last year had switches...hmm...

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/24/15 03:35 PM

Finally got my recent orders opened & inspected.

Love the 2015 Sketchbook I have received so far. Not a dud among them.

Received my new monthly, Ichabod and Katrina . . . very nice and no extra brown paint on her leg. Wish you would have received a perfect one, luckdragon.

And bought the Art of Aurora on eBay and it too is wonderful. Those fairies with their little feet/shoes, hands, wands and delicate wings . . . all perfect.

I guess next time they do Cinderella or B&B or Mermaid we will see more Art of Disney sets. So I'll be caught up and ready! I don't think there have been any other sets that I know of.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/24/15 05:28 PM

It's okay that mine has that little mistake. It's not visible from the front, and factory workers in China work long and hard, so I try not to complain too much.

The Disney Store UK got a new Sketchbook ornament that isn't up on the US site:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/jaq-and-gus-key-decoration/mp/83191/1500055/

Way too much glitter for my taste. No idea if this is a non-US exclusive or not. I won't be too sad if it is. At least they're finally off the glass slipper! Now, if we could just get Mickey and the gang out of that balloon...

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/24/15 06:13 PM

Still no Sword and the Stone sightings !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/24/15 10:54 PM

Wow, they have a Copper and Todd ornament! And Ratatouille snow globe! And a Mickey and Gingerbread man cookie ornament set! Lots of cool stuff. I didn't see Jaq and Gus (the link only takes to main check in). But looks like they have most of the monthly Disney ornaments still available, and the limited edition Cinderella in her gown. Amazing.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/25/15 12:55 PM

Looks like few good ones this year. Can't wait for the $10 sale.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 08/25/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Wow, they have a Copper and Todd ornament! And Ratatouille snow globe! And a Mickey and Gingerbread man cookie ornament set! Lots of cool stuff. I didn't see Jaq and Gus (the link only takes to main check in). But looks like they have most of the monthly Disney ornaments still available, and the limited edition Cinderella in her gown. Amazing.

The UK has quite a few Copper & Todd items. Maybe they are re-releasing it this fall? I haven't heard.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/01/15 07:19 PM

The Gus and Jaq ornament went up today on the Disney Store website.

So, the big question:

Do you think that on Force Friday, there will be Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments for the first time ever?

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/01/15 11:14 PM

I just want some more Marvel ornaments frown.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/02/15 08:14 AM

So, the big question:

Do you think that on Force Friday, there will be Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments for the first time ever?

That's what I'm hoping for !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/03/15 07:57 PM

Oh, and the answer is YES!
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/darth-vader-decoration/mp/83105/1500055/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/star-wars-princess-leia-and-r2-d2-decoration/mp/83107/1500055/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/yoda-talking-decoration/mp/83149/1500055/

I have to have the Leia and R2D2 ornament! Darth Vader looks good, but I have too many I like now. Yoda looks weird. I prefer Hallmark's talking Yoda ornament.

Hopefully they'll be on the US site. I can't see why they wouldn't be.

You have to love time zone differences. wink

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/03/15 08:32 PM

Yay!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/03/15 09:22 PM

Luckdragon, the force is strong with you! Thanks.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/04/15 07:59 AM

I like the three Star Wars ornaments, but wished they would have had something from the new movie.
Posted by: grahamcracker72

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/04/15 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I like the three Star Wars ornaments, but wished they would have had something from the new movie.

I agree!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/04/15 09:07 PM

I actually wasn't expecting them to do anything with the new movie. They did pretty much what I expected. Except I would have thought Luke Skywalker would have had an ornament. I think they'll go with the new movie next year, pulling from actual scenes.

It's also interesting that they did not put the brass year tag on the Star Wars ornaments just like the Marvel ornaments.

So far, this is a much bigger year for the Sketchbook line. They haven't even added personalized ornaments yet. I was hoping that meant they weren't doing them, but when I found the Star Wars ornaments on the UK site, I found a personalized Miles from Tomorrowland ornament. I still think they'll pull more Sketchbook ornaments out. I cannot imagine that they wouldn't do a frilly Anna. There is even a space in the image numbering for Anna.
Posted by: MeowRalphMeow

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/12/15 07:28 PM

Looks like few good ones this year. Can't wait for the $10 sale.

Same here! That's when I always get them. Looks like I'll be getting about two dozen this year. Except that Yoda. Something doesn't look right about him.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/15/15 10:28 PM

Et tu, Disney?

http://www.disneystore.com/mickeys-christmas-carol-figure-play-set/mp/1383810/1000265/

Seriously? No ghosts there either?

Set's pretty cute...I'm persuaded to buy it. They'd probably look nice as a little tabletop grouping. Wish it had the ghosts! Besides Goofy as Jacob Marley. But, they still did more than Hallmark did.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/16/15 12:01 AM

Why did you have to point that out to me? Now I want it.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/16/15 10:09 AM

oh, now I want it too!

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/16/15 10:43 AM

If you like the playsets, there is a sale right now for $10 (regularly $14.95).
http://www.disneystore.com/tinks-treasure/mn/1001232/
However, the Mickey's Christmas Carol set isn't included. Nor is the Star Wars Force Awakens (I figured that one wouldn't be.)

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/16/15 11:34 AM

Of course, the other play sets are on sale for $10. I wish this one was as well. :-)

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/16/15 12:48 PM

Not bad for $10 !!!
Posted by: DDCakes

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/18/15 04:09 PM

I am super dissapointed with this years musical ornaments. I loved that last years sounder so crisp and clear with beautiful detailing. This year they seem much cheaper. I am super excited to finally have a WallE and Eve ornament, though. smile

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/18/15 05:07 PM

I've only bought the Aladdin musical one, but I have to disagree. I thought the details on the Aladdin one were much better than the Rapunzel and Elsa ones from last year. The figures are bigger than those two. Elsa had low detailing on her ornament, especially, and both sacrificed the character size in favor of a large base to hide the musical component. I was happier to have the melody with the lyrics instead of just the lyrics. Yeah, the sound's not nearly as good as Hallmark, but it's not Hallmark-branded, so I don't have as much expectations for the sound. And even Hallmark's sound is still not as good as Carlton Cards.

The Tangled one's details are not the best, but the focus is on the boat, and anytime the Disney Store ornament has smaller human characters, they lack detail especially in the face. The Baymax and Hiro ornament from last year is an excellent example. Baymax looks great, but Hiro...not so much. Pictures of the original Tangled ornament of the two in the boat has the same lack of detailing in the face, so it's not surprising that this one lacks it too. I'll still buy it as well as the Ariel one. I was going to skip Ariel until I saw Flounder. I don't have a Flounder ornament yet (I'm up to 221 different Disney characters in ornament form).

Anyone here get the D23 Frozen limited set? I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and I was surprised at how large the figures are. I really like the Kristoff/Olaf ornament (it's the main reason I bought the set since I wanted a figural Kristoff). The Elsa ornament actually has fake "gems" on the dress, something you can't see in pictures of it on ebay since everyone takes pictures of them in box. It's a nice set but pricey. The retail was $59.95, I believe. They also had a Toy Story 20th anniversary limited set. I don't really want the Toy Story set since it's just Buzz and Woody (both concept versions and final versions). Both sets were limited at 700.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/20/15 06:22 PM

My localish Disney Store had the ornaments out this week. Didn't have everything that was online, but the Cast Member did say that there is more to come.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 08:51 AM

I thought the latest in the monthly series would be available today.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 09:40 AM

I just looked, and it is for sale today. (Can't believe I'm the first person who saw it for sale.)

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 10:56 AM

I just looked and didn't find it searching on "sketchbook" but did find it when looking at "all new arrivals".

I was hoping for the 10.00 sale today. Nope.

I might order the pre-sale of Inside Out and maybe something else to get to *free* shipping.

I just wasn't excited enough about the September release to set my phone alarm to 3:30 a.m.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 11:05 AM

I guess it was just a little later in the morning. I have ordered it, so I am all set.

Angela
Posted by: Marilyn K

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 11:07 AM

They were very late today in updating the website but I have ordered my ornament.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 11:49 AM

Got Phil. To get the free shipping I added a musical Rapunzel ornament (figure those don't go on sale like the other sketchbook ornaments will) and light up Mickey Chicago ornament, and this cute little Mickey Mouse Christmas tree. It was on sale for $24.99 (regularly $34.99) and comes in a handy storage/mailer tube. The reviews were good on the tree. I liked where one person suggested packing it to put in your hotel room on a Disney vacation. Hallmark has done some cute Disney miniature ornaments that will look great added to the tree.
http://www.disneystore.com/decor-seasona...nic_mickey+tree

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 12:02 PM

Those trees are cute. Only time we decorated our room was one year at Port Orleans Riverside for Halloween and had Frankenstein Goofy Plush, Dracula Mickey, both very large and a bunch of the Disney prototype "test" beanies. That was the one & ONLY time we ever drove to WDW. Never again. So we just never had room in our suitcases for Christmas decorations . . . what with the earlier years we had one entire 30" suitcase devoted to our Tinkerbell gifts where the kids had a wrapped in Disney Christmas paper gift at the foot of their bed every morning when they awakened!!! Clothes, t-shirts, toys . . . Disney themed of course!

Will take a peek at the tree. Wish we could go in Dec. but looks like it might be Jan. with kids schedules before Spring semester.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 12:17 PM

I wound up ordering the ornament, 2 2016 16-month calendars, 2 reusable Halloween totes, pre-order both Inside Out and Aladdin . . . was time for an upgrade our old Aladdin is probably 10 years old . . .and just DVD not Blu-Ray not that it makes that much difference . . . but I like to keep my Disney DVD collection up to date. I'm sure Disney appreciates that! smile

So free shipping and saved 10% on the non-DVD items. One calendar can be a Christmas or bday gift for daughter. At least I don't have to come up with 21 birthday items this year!!! Cuz I ain't doing 22. haha 21 was a "special" birthday . . . complete with a 21 Lolita special painted wine glass . . . of which she doesn't even drink.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Marilyn K
They were very late today in updating the website but I have ordered my ornament.

Yes they were. That made me so mad when I got home from work to discover they finally bothered to update the site. The last time I checked was 7:30 AM EST and they still had the Halloween costume promo for free shipping that said it ended Sunday.

Thank goodness that Phil must not be very popular and was still available. I bought Phil, musical Tangled ornament, musical Ariel ornament, Mickey's Christmas Carol figurine set, Classic Mulan doll, and Classic Tiana doll (the dolls are for donation to Toys for Tots) to get the free shipping. Hopefully the sale on the regular Sketchbook ornaments starts next month. Last year, the musical Rapunzel did count for the sale, but I don't want to risk it. I already have the Aladdin one.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/21/15 09:57 PM

To me, they did update it early in the morning. Maybe they updated things on Burbank time this month.

Seriously, glad everyone who wanted it was able to get it.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/22/15 07:24 AM

I'm holding out for the $10 sale. Next week would be great !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/26/15 05:48 PM

I found another 2015 Sketchbook ornament on ebay that's not on the Disney Store website! I hope they'll sell it on the website instead of just in stores:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Pix...=item1c5a20218e

I want it, but I don't want it for $49.99.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/26/15 06:44 PM

I agree with you. I want it as well, but not at that price.

Angela
Posted by: susan in florida

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/26/15 08:55 PM

Cute but too spendy.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/26/15 08:57 PM

I think I need to stop by my local Disney Store soon.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/26/15 11:08 PM

That must be one of the others that hasn't been released yet. I was told there was a Captain America as well and she said something about a dinosaur. My local Disney Store didn't have this one yet.
Posted by: ajfargo

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 06:35 AM

The sketchbook ornaments are on sale. $10 each when you buy 2 or more. Didn't look to see if this included all of them or not.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 08:10 AM

They added two new ornaments too including Arlo and Spot from "The Good Dinosaur!" I'll have to have that one.

This is one of the best years ever for Disney Sketchbook ornaments to me.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ajfargo
The sketchbook ornaments are on sale. $10 each when you buy 2 or more.

I bought 5,

Mickey/Sorcerer, Pinocchio, Ariel/sound, Princess Leia/R2D2, Mary Poppins.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 09:10 AM

Wow, can't believe they put the light and sound ones into the $10 sale! That's a huge savings. Wish I would have waited a week.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 10:21 AM

I was surprised too to see the Little Mermaid one for $10.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 10:41 AM

They added two new ornaments too including Arlo and Spot from "The Good Dinosaur!" I'll have to have that one.

This is one of the best years ever for Disney Sketchbook ornaments to me.

I agree. I have a cart full right now. Bought a few here and there, mainly when they had the 25% off which was about the same as 10.00 sale except for the 16.95 ones. I did go ahead and get 2 musical ones then because I didn't want to miss out on them.
Posted by: mtwnmk

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 12:51 PM

Wanting to see the Sketchbook Ornaments up close, I visited the nearest Disney Store.
I found out a few interesting things.
The posted sign for the '$10 each if 2 or more are purchased' stated that it applied to $12.95 ornaments only. The online deal is so much better as it applies even to the $16.95 ones.
The only Star Wars SB ornament on the racks was Yoda. I inquired about the others and was told something very strange. More were expected to be in Saturday's shipment- but the store had received a memo that they were not to be part of the $10 sale (strange, since they are priced at $12.95)

One improvement in stores this year. There is a long oblong plastic strip between each ornament on the hooks. This should reduce in-store breakage considerably.

Also to Luckdragon, the poster who asked about the Inside Out glass ornament,
it was in the Disney store along with the other Sketchbooks (priced at $12.95).

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/28/15 08:43 PM

I'm not surprised the stores don't include the $16.95 ornaments on the $10 each when you buy two deal.
I thought I'd wait until the next monthly ornament comes out to buy more, but I got worried they'd yank the $16.95 ornaments off the web special, or that they'd sell out, so I loaded up 8 ornaments in my cart today. One of each of the sound (Ariel, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Yoda), the 2 other Star Wars (since the stores aren't including those in the sale, either) and Wall-e and Beast to hit the free shipping. Those are my two favorites from the $12.95 line and I feel better knowing I have them on order and don't have to worry about them selling out.
I might see if the Disney store will let me return my first Rapunzel (purchased last Monday at full price) and use it towards two at $10 (like Inside Out and ?).

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/29/15 06:03 AM

The Inside Out ornament finally made it on the website!

I do wish it wasn't a glass globe ornament, but I'll take it since it has all five of the emotions. Now...to wait on a Bing-Bong ornament...

Oh, and they did do the Tangled musical ornament as part of the $10 deal last year, however, they were not part of it at first and the Elsa one was never part of the deal. The bigger surprise is the online exclusive Jasmine being part of the deal. This is the first year that the online one has been part of the deal. I don't mind having already bought the musical ornaments. It is what it is, and each time I bought them, they contributed to getting the free shipping, so they saved me more than the $6.95 difference.

I'm waiting for the $10 off $40 code to come (from buying Phil and a few more things) before making my first order in October. I'm saving some ornaments until the "Rhapsody in Blue" ornament comes out.

My list:
Aladdin musical (already bought)
Ariel musical (already bought)
Tangled musical (already bought)
Beast
Evil Queen (one of my favs this year, I love the lenticular design for the mirror)
Inside Out
Arlo and Spot
Princess Leia and R2-D2
Wall-E and Eve (one of the best Sketchbook ornaments EVER)
Peas in a Pod
Lady and the Tramp with Joe
Aristocats (still kinda sorta a maybe)
Merida
Maybe Pocahontas and maybe Alice. I've always liked that Alice sculpt, so maybe I'll buy her this year...

That'll be ten new characters for me (subtracting Joy since I'm getting her Saturday from Hallmark).

I'm still curious if they'll add a frilly Anna and the Captain America ornament that was mentioned. They also have not added the personalized ornaments that the UK has started adding. Though, the US site may not carry them. The reviews on them were kind of bad last year saying the engravings were barely legible.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/29/15 10:03 AM

There are 71 ornaments on the website now and the cast member I spoke to in store said there are roughly 80 this year. So there is possible more to come. I tend to believe this because she did mention a dinosaur ornament and then the Arlo one came out.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 09/29/15 11:22 AM

Still no Sword & the Stone ornament.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/02/15 06:03 AM

New addition, the Frozen Fever sketchbook ornament set:
http://www.disneystore.com/frozen-fever-sketchbook-ornament-set/mp/1383586/1000344/

While it's nice to see Kristoff have a figural, I'm passing. The little snowball things she kept sneezing out really disturbed me. Anna, Elsa, and Sven's ornaments look great. Kristoff's looks fine until I see Olaf smashing cake in his face. Luckily, I bought the D23 "Frozen" ornament set, so I have a good Kristoff now, and I have the Disney Parks Sven with the lights in his antlers.

But, if you're a "Frozen" collector, you may want this set. I love that the box has the artwork from the 2015 Disney Sketchbook ornament hangtag.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/03/15 01:10 AM

But you need those little guys to add more characters to your Disney ornament collection.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/03/15 07:41 AM

Yeah, I draw the line at some of them. Phlegm characters being one.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/03/15 07:57 PM

I always wait until October for the $10 sale. I went to the Disney Store yesterday and picked up seventeen of them. There was a couple that weren't there, including "The Good Dinosaur," so I paid for them there and they ordered them from the website for me and will send them to my home. Ten bucks a piece and free shipping. Can't be that!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/05/15 11:50 AM

Got my $10 off $40 or more coupon in my email today! Naturally, it expires on the 18th (the day before the predicted date for Art of Disney Animation's release).

So, I did my major ornament purchase plus bought the Anna and Kristoff classic dolls since they were on sale BOGO $1. I'll add them to my Toys for Tots donation pile.
Anyway, I bought these:
Arlo and Spot
Beast
Evil Queen and Magic Mirror
Inside Out
Lady and the Tramp
Peas in a Pod
Princess Leia and R2D2

I'm saving the last few to help get free shipping when I buy the Fantasia 2000 ornament.

Something to note: If the $10 off $40 makes your order under $75, you won't get the free shipping. I tried it, didn't work.

I believe most of us made an order during the promotional period, so check your email! It knocked my ornaments to $8.86-$8.87 each and made one doll $15.02 and the other $0.89.

They also added the personalization ornaments.

I meant to grab Wall-E and Eve on this order and forgot (I was fumbling over what the last ornament was and picked Peas in a Pod by mistake), so I'm mentioning that here along with Merida, Alice, and Thomas O'Malley/Duchess and maybe Pocahontas so I can keep up with my list for the Fantasia 2000 ornament. wink

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/05/15 12:26 PM

yay, I have been waiting for the sale. I was able to order everything I wanted (with a few on reserve for the October release of the monthly ornament).

Yippee!!!

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/05/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ajfargo
The sketchbook ornaments are on sale. $10 each when you buy 2 or more.

I bought 5,

Mickey/Sorcerer, Pinocchio, Ariel/sound, Princess Leia/R2D2, Mary Poppins.

My order arrived on Friday and all five look excellent.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/06/15 04:22 PM

Stan, they did do Sketchbook ornaments for "The Force Awakens."

Found these on ebay today:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-BB-...=item567c952734
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-KYL...=item567c952db3

Anyone out there who has a physical Disney Store they visit, what other ornaments is the website missing? I'm trying to keep my Photobucket album up to date.
Thanks!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/07/15 05:25 PM

Thanks Luckdragon,
I like the BB-8 ornament, but already have 2 Kylo-ren ornaments.

I wish they had these in the online Disney Store. Anyone see then in there local Disney Store. We no longer have a Disney Store in my area.
Posted by: Melbow31

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/07/15 05:56 PM

I have a Disney Store about 10-15 minutes from my house. I have yet to go there this year, but I need to make my way to check what ornaments they have displayed right now.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/08/15 09:07 AM

I plan on heading there this weekend to see what they have as well.

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/08/15 10:08 AM

No Disney Store within a few hundred miles of me these days.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/08/15 08:57 PM

Luckdragon, I found the Inside Out ornament at the Disney store. Let me know if you want one at cost plus shipping.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/08/15 09:12 PM

I ordered it on the website. It should be arriving Monday since my order finally got shipped today! laugh Thanks though!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/08/15 11:13 PM

They added it to the website? I didn't know!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/09/15 01:10 PM

yes, I bought it as well from the website when I bought some of the other sketchbook ornaments this week. Waaaay too many ornaments. :-)

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/09/15 01:23 PM

My order should be here this afternoon.

Too many ornaments here too!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/09/15 01:47 PM

I wish the DS website would get the BB-8 ornament in.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/09/15 11:33 PM

Glad to hear they've added the Inside Out ornament since my store was out of it when I was in earlier this week.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/14/15 12:18 PM

And we have (finally) an official spotting of the Anna frilly princess ornament:

http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313500875/

Naturally, it's from the Japanese Disney Store.

That's one of the better frilly princess ornaments this year. Even though it doesn't look much like the character to me.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/14/15 08:55 PM

Luckdragon, you're right. I like the body but the face is not that great. Anna has a nice round face and this ornament here is like freakishly skinny looking. At least they tried?.....lol

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/15/15 04:49 PM

If you take away her freckles and change the hairstyle, she'd look like Fox's Anastasia:
http://www.repubblica.it/online/cinema/anastasia/oscar/internetf-listino-scxw200h216c00.jpg

Definitely looks too skinny, which is a shame since her dress is quite pretty.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/20/15 06:40 PM

Finished opening up the rest of my last two orders.

Lovin' the Sketchbook line this year. There is really not a dud in the bunch of all the ornaments I have received.

The 10.00 pricing, especially on the musical ones . . . makes it easier to cut back on Hallmark and all their repeats of certain characters.

Disney did a fantastic job with Sketchbook line this year.

Wish I had started them YEARS ago.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/21/15 07:43 AM

I agree !!!

This the most Sketchbook ornaments I've bought in one year.

May still buy a few more.

Wish the online Disney Store would have the BB-8 ornament.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/21/15 08:19 AM

They just added Anna's ornament yesterday, so they could still add BB-8.

I see that part of my newest order shipped. Everything but the Rhapsody in Blue ornament and the Tigger ornament.

That Tigger ornament...I don't know what it is about it, but the more I looked at it, the more I wanted it. I was going to get Alice, but really the Sketchbook ornament I want of Alice is the one where she was tumbling down.

I definitely agree that it's one of the best years. I thought last year was actually one of the weakest. I usually buy only 6 ornaments. This year, I've bought 14 (I think). I just love that they're willing to do characters you don't see much. Joe from "Lady and the Tramp" showed up in the Sketchbook line before Jock and Trusty. Peas in a Pod before Mr. Pricklepants. Some are just adorable like the Wall-E and Eve. I also really love the Evil Queen/Magic Mirror ornament since it has the lenticular design and has the skull on the book on the backside of the ornament. I mean, yeah, some I think aren't that great. Like the Tsum Tsum ornaments. No thank you. I'm not a fan of "trendy" ornaments that'll look dated in the coming years. Tsum Tsum won't be around twenty years from now, but Mickey will be. It's one of the reasons I don't collect Disney Channel ornaments (Hannah Montana, Disney Junior, High School Musical, etc). They have a short lifespan.

Edit: The Art of Jasmine set is back and up for purchase:
http://www.disneystore.com/art-of-jasmine-ornament-set-limited-edition/mp/1380850/1000344/

Did anyone else notice the new Parks ornaments? Pretty cute. I'm tempted to buy the Magic Kingdom ornament, but I probably won't:
Magic Kingdom - http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...387850/1000344/
Animal Kingdom - http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...387804/1000344/
California Adventure - http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...387972/1000344/
It says there are six different ones in the collection, one for each park (I'm guessing the other three are Disneyland, EPCOT, and Disney Studios). I'm interested to see the EPCOT one.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/21/15 10:10 AM

I check everyday for new ones, hoping BB-8 shows up.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/21/15 04:05 PM

BB-8 is now available at the Disney Store, not online. but the store promotion has changed.
Buy 2 sketchbook Ornaments $12.95-16.96 and take 15% off; 3 =20% off; and 4 or more =25% off.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/23/15 07:44 AM

Thanks for info. Hoping that means it will be online soon.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/26/15 05:59 AM

BB-8, Kylo Ren, and the Stormtrooper are all on the website now. Unfortunately, they don't qualify for the Sketchbook sale, but there is an offer for free shipping on your entire order through Wednesday! I won't be buying any of them. Even though I'm confident J.J. Abrams won't pull a Phantom Menace on us, I'm waiting to see the movie before wanting ornaments of those characters.

http://www.disneystore.com/bb-8-sketchbook-ornament-star-wars-the-force-awakens/mp/1386337/1000344/
http://www.disneystore.com/stormtrooper-...386339/1000344/
http://www.disneystore.com/kylo-ren-sket...386345/1000344/

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/26/15 09:46 AM

bb-8 is really cute though. :-)

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/26/15 11:45 AM

Just came here to post what Luckdragon did.
I'm kind of surprised that talking Yoda with his SMRP of $16.95 qualifies for the two for $10 sale, but not the new Star Wars figures at $12.95. Do you think they'll add them to the online two for $10 sale at some point, or do they just figure these are hot items and they don't need to discount?
I'm debating on getting at least BB-8 for now with the free shipping. Knowing me, I'll probably place an order for one. Then later today order another. LOL. I just wish they had listed these yesterday when they had the sale on the purchase of $100 or anything on the site. I would have stocked up.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/26/15 06:03 PM

For no apparent reason, I decided to look at the Disney Store sketchbook ornaments online today. Looks like I'll be making another trip to the Disney Store to pick up the additional Star Wars ornaments as well as a couple more of the others. I've already picked up about twenty various sketchbook ornaments this year so I might as well get some more!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/27/15 08:04 AM

Definitely want BB-8 and the Storm Trooper. Wish they were $10, but happy with the free shipping.

Thanks for the info Luckdragon !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/27/15 08:52 AM

Definitely want BB-8 and the Storm Trooper. Wish they were $10, but happy with the free shipping.

Thanks for the info Luckdragon !!!

I got my order in.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/27/15 03:55 PM

I stopped in the Disney Store today. The Sketchbook Ornament 'buy 2 get 15%off; 3, 20% off & 4 or more, 25% off sale' was still on. As the newest Star Wars ornaments are online as well as in store, I spoke to a most helpful cast member who was able to order 4 ornaments I wanted (including BB-8) at 25 % off and free shipping to my home.
I explained that I liked the safety that the individual boxes offered as opposed to the tissue paper the store used for wrapping and she understood. She mentioned that there is still a great deal of breakage on the in store ornaments partially because unattended small children think that they are toys and treat those on the lower tiers and within their reach as such.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/27/15 03:58 PM

Also a heads up, I received a flyer at the Disney Store promoting the next Friends and Family 25% Off Your Entire Purchase (with the usual exceptions) Sale. It is scheduled for Nov 5-8.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/27/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: mtwnmk
Also a heads up, I received a flyer at the Disney Store promoting the next Friends and Family 25% Off Your Entire Purchase (with the usual exceptions) Sale. It is scheduled for Nov 5-8.

*sigh* Shame it doesn't line up with the Cheshire Cat ornament.

But, it's still a nice sale.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/28/15 07:39 AM

Thanks for the info !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/29/15 08:01 PM

Thanks for the sale info! I will be sure to check that out smile

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 10/29/15 10:36 PM

Just found out that the Mary Poppins is in limited supply and likely won't be shipped to the local store here. Very disappointed. I wanted to get that one as a gift for a friend. The store finally got Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur in.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/02/15 09:59 AM

Most of the Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each on the Disney Store website.

They also have a deal where you get the glass Mickey/Minnie ornament for $10 with a $25 purchase:
http://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-sea...383230/1000344/

Jasmine in purple (the online exclusive) sold out!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/02/15 10:05 AM

There are some new Pirates of the Caribbean ornaments that I found posted from a Disney Instagram account I follow. I haven't checked to see if they are online yet though. I LOVE the mermaid!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/02/15 12:31 PM

They are online for $44.95 - in a presentation box.

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/02/15 06:55 PM

I've been meaning to post this warning but kept forgetting. I bought the Olaf sketchbook ornament in the clear glass teardrop at the Disney store. It looked good and the sales associate wrapped it in tissue paper. When I got home, I unwrapped it and noticed that much of the paint on his twig arms had flaked off (maybe the tissue paper rubbed it off?) and some of it was scattered around and stuck in weird places (like wedged where the insert meets the glass - a supposedly "snowy" area that then had bits of dark matter in it...) The next time I went to the store they were very nice about letting me trade it for another in an even exchange. I just wanted to warn friends on here so that didn't happen to them. If it looks like the paint is about to flake, seal it with some lacquer or something.

Also, I ordered some of the "personalized" ornaments off the website. They were initially a higher price, but with the ornament sale were the same price as the regular ornaments, so I thought, "why not?" I had thought maybe I could detach the personal name plate and use them on other ornaments. Turns out they are very attached and hard to remove so that plan doesn't really work out. Three out of four had nice etching on them. (They come on a plate that you attach to the hanger yourself.) The fourth one was not centered (started below center line), so I may ask them to do it again. The ones I got on a Tinkerbell ornament had a pretty cursive lettering. The ones on Olaf from Frozen had larger, more blocky lettering. Interesting that the etching varies from ornament to ornament (or perhaps it was girls' names/boys' names?) I should note that they are no longer part of the buy 2 for $10 each sale like they were a month ago. Maybe it was an error?
Posted by: Karen W2

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/03/15 03:09 AM

A word of warning on the Mickey and Minnie "Kiss"-shaped glass orn. If it's the same quality of glass as the first one was, it's VERY fragile and breaks easily. I found that out a few yrs back, when my Disney tree fell over during the night.

At the lunch we went to last month, at the Disney Studios in Burbank, with Disney Legend Kathryn Beaumont (voice of Alice, Wendy, live model capture work and lots of other fun things!), we had a special shopping time in the Studio Store there. I picked up a few Sketchbook orns I didn't have yet, including the Tangled boat musical orn and the sound on mine is really great! A full-on orchestral accompaniement, as opposed to the 2 Frozen musical orns that have the ladies singing accapella, that I'd purchased earlier.

We'll be going there again on Friday, to have lunch with Disney Legend Andres Deja, one of the Animation Imagineers. Along with our time with him, we'll have a tour of the Animation Studio, as well as more shopping time at the Studio Store and a pop-up version of Mickey's of Glendale. I'm curious to see what new things they'll have there.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/04/15 06:11 AM

Karen, your trip on Friday sounds like it will be a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you get some good shopping in. Have fun smile

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/04/15 02:39 PM

I received my BB-8 & the Storm Trooper order. Both look great.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/05/15 01:20 PM

So with the friends and family discount, it's easier to buy a "few" extra ornaments! I am finding all sorts of things that I just "need" to have!

Angela

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/08/15 09:03 PM

Finally getting around to doing my order this weekend.

Clicking on some . . . glad I already have them

Musical Ariel - Sold Out
Evil Queen - Sold Out
and maybe Inside Out Glass Bauble - not showing up with Sketchbook
same for Mary Poppins - not showing up

Those are the only four I'm finding showing sold out or have disappeared from the search.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/09/15 05:35 AM

Rather surprised that the Evil Queen sold out. I really like that one, so it's a good surprise. The Ariel singing ornament was wayyyy better in person than I thought it would be. I still think the Aladdin singing ornament is my favorite singing ornament the Disney Store's done, but the Ariel one looks the best.

Besides those and the purple Jasmine, the Jack Skellington with Vampire Teddy is sold out.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/09/15 07:51 AM

25% off and free shipping..... might place another order. There are 3 or 4 more I'd like to buy.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/09/15 10:27 AM

I think Jack Skellington was still available when I looked at 8 . . .but then I decided no . . . I haven't bought any of the NBC ornaments so I'm not going to start now. Cuz we know what happens next . . . then you have to go back and try to find the ones I missed! smile

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/09/15 02:06 PM

25% off and free shipping..... might place another order. There are 3 or 4 more I'd like to buy.

Yeah, I couldn't resist buying Gus and Jaq as well as Pocahontas yesterday. Along with more toys for Toys for Tots (though I may keep the Animators Collection Tiana doll for my own collection). I had to buy the Sorcerer Mickey plush for Toys for Tots again this year. That is one of the best stuffed animals I've ever seen Disney do.

Gus and Jaq really grew on me. I still wish the key wasn't pure gold glitter, but the sculpt on the characters looks so cute! Kind of wish I'd bought the Tiana ornament, but maybe by the time Olaf's Art of Disney Animation ornament comes out, there will be another reduction and she'll still be around (the frilly princess ornaments usually have a better chance of being leftover).

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 10:04 AM

Went to place my order this morning and noticed the sale is off.

Oh well....Snooze ya lose !!!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 02:21 PM

I filled a basket yesterday and even though the promo was advertised at the top of the page and the pull down to check for promos had the free shipping and the 25% off, it wouldn't take it. Kept saying it was invalid. I suspect it was for "Eastern Time" - although it didn't state that anywhere obvious. It was about 10:40 when I started and just after 11 when I tried to check out. I sent a message through their contact us system, and got a canned response back asking if the items I was buying were eligible. Read the darn comments I sent!
They lost out on a large sale from me. Oh well. I'll just buy most of the stuff during the next Moments sale.
Noticed Princess Leia with R2D2 is also now sold out.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 02:47 PM

It was supposed to end Sunday night. Not sure when they cut it off . . . I did a second very small order Monday night to get the Inside Out post it notes and a couple of other items . . . I think it was 10:49 p.m. Central time. Free Shipping and 25% and it was under a 30.00 order.

p.s. I hate their "contact us" system. I have yet to get a real answer out of them on anything. I don't know why they bother.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 04:24 PM

I had received an email that they extended it "one more day" through Monday.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 05:15 PM

Not sure IF I got that or not. I delete at least 50-75 emails a day . . . even though I do a quick once over of the list . . . with a group selection and delete I could have missed it.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/10/15 08:24 PM

It was on their website yesterday that it had been extended a day. They usually extend it through Monday, and in February, when they had a Friends & Family sale, it corresponded with the release of the Bambi Moments That Made Disney ornament, much to the delight of those of us who collected them. wink

Unfortunately, the Cheshire Cat ornament wasn't released yesterday. I had hoped it would be released early. I think that these next three will sell out much faster than the last three. I also think Robin Hood will sell out quickly (or at least I'm hoping since that may give them a clue to attempt to do ornaments for the movies from the 70s/80s).

Oh, and Princess Leia and R2D2 has sold out. First Star Wars ornament to sell out!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/12/15 01:59 PM

Now I'm checking the Disney Store website everyday for discount sales.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/13/15 09:13 AM

20% orders over $100, plus free shipping on orders over $50.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/13/15 09:15 AM

But the ornaments are back to regular price.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/14/15 07:00 PM

But the ornaments are back to regular price.

Now there back to being on sale for $10 again.... ????

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/15/15 07:51 AM

Sold out list as of 11/15:
Ariel musical
BB-8
Inside Out
Jack Skellington with Vampire Teddy
Jasmine - lavender version
Mary Poppins
Mickey and Friends ball set
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Mickey balloon)
Plane Crazy
Princess Leia with R2D2
Simba

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/16/15 12:45 PM

A lot of them are on sale for $8 today.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/18/15 08:19 AM

I noticed the $8 sale, plus free shipping with a Disney Park item purchase.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/19/15 11:05 PM

I found a Mary Poppins ornament tonight at a Disney Store. Was shocked that they had one. It was the first time I have seen one since early October. My friend will be so excited to see it in her Christmas bag.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/23/15 02:38 PM

Sold out list as of 11/27 (* indicates ornaments added to the list on 11/27):
Ariel*
Ariel musical
BB-8
Beast
Bernard and Miss Bianca*
Cinderella*
Darth Vader
Dumbo (non-personalize)
Inside Out
Jack Skellington with Vampire Teddy
Jaq and Gus
Jasmine - lavender version
Jasmine/Aladdin musical
Lightning McQueen*
Mary Poppins
Merida*
Mickey and Friends ball set
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Mickey balloon)
Plane Crazy
Princess Leia with R2D2
Rapunzel musical*
Simba
Spider-Man
Tigger*
Tinker Bell light up (non-personalize)*
Wall-E and EVE
Yoda

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/24/15 08:37 AM

I did miss out on the Wall-E & Eve ornament, it was going to be on my next order.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/24/15 09:36 PM

I really should have bought the BB-8 ornament when it was available!

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/29/15 03:28 PM

Me, too, Kevin. Me, too. I found the Hallmark b-line version of BB-8 at Target the other day. It's decent. If you were interested, I wouldn't wait. All the hordes start shopping now and it won't be around for long.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Marie from Aristocats was flocked! Nice addition to the sculpt. Had lots of fun checking out all the different ornaments in that big box. I thought Cheshire Cat turned out nicely as well. One of my musical Jamine ornaments had a chip on Aladdin's nose. Debating what to do about it. If they still have them in stores I might just try to do an exchange. I feel kind of guilty about asking for an exchange from online; having them do shipping just seems like it is not cost-effective.

Re: 2015 Sketchbook ornaments! - 11/29/15 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Me, too, Kevin. Me, too. I found the Hallmark b-line version of BB-8 at Target the other day. It's decent. If you were interested, I wouldn't wait. All the hordes start shopping now and it won't be around for long.

A friend actually found me the BB-8 ornament after I had posted that! I am happy!!