Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend?

Posted by: Vixen

Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 07/26/17 10:31 PM

Feeling anxious...Was the Sketchbook line already revealed by this time last year? <insert image of the White Rabbit with his watch, here>:)
Posted by: carstairs38

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 07/27/17 01:07 AM

No, the ornaments trickle in over the next couple of months. I think most of them show up in the fall.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 07/27/17 09:51 AM

Thanks, Mark. Wishful thinking on my part...
Posted by: luckdragon

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 07/27/17 11:06 AM

Well, that French site listed most of them super early last year. So, that may be what you were thinking of. wink Sadly, they only have the ones that are on the Disney Store sites right now:
https://radiodisneyclub.fr/decorations-noel-disney/

Guess they didn't get a copy of a retailer's catalogue. Oh well. We should see more stuff rolling in in August.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 07/27/17 09:52 PM

[quote=luckdragon]Well, that French site listed most of them super early last year. So, that may be what you were thinking of. wink

Yep. I'm sure that's what I'm recalling, Luckdragon. And, so, I waitÖ

I always intend to make a mental note on date the brick and mortars begin ornament sales, but always forget. Maybe September?...
Posted by: DDCakes

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/04/17 02:58 PM

Someone in the U.K. posted an instagram pic from their Disney Store, here is the link to their instagram. It looks like there will be a Pascal ornament holding a lantern that lights up, a poison apple, and what looks like a Tinkerbell and Neverland glass globe.
https://www.instagram.com/taurusthay/

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/04/17 06:10 PM

Wow...was not expecting them to repeat the frilly Anna/Elsa ornaments from last year. I was expecting them to do something for the new short. If the Cinderella slipper was glass, I would buy it. But, alas, it's not. The apple's kind of cool. Would look great on people's Halloween trees too.

I'm so curious what the ornament next to the Up house is! It looks like Huey, Dewey, and Louie may be on it (looks like Huey's butt to me with another duck bottom next to him). Ugh. People, take pictures of the entire wall. lol

I can see a Pluto sculpt on the bottom row. The Donald jack-in-the-box is a repeat. Lots of repeats. Can't believe the Ariel musical ornament is back this year too. That's three repeats in the musical ornaments: Elena, Ariel, and Moana.

Pascal's semi-cute. Not sure if I want him or not. Definitely want the Rescuers and the Genie's lamp. Maybe the apple...

Thanks for the link!

Here are some more pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXPmr3enhY1/?taken-by=disneyfind
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXTDwSNFPhQ/?tagged=disneychristmas

Looks like Stitch got an ornament, Pluto looks like a rocking horse, Lightning McQueen in the Hudson Hornet colors, Cruz Ramirez, and that is definitely Huey, Dewey, and Louie from 1938's "Donald's Nephews." Want it! Also have a miniature ornament set for Alice in Wonderland. I hate the look of the mini sets. It's definitely Steve Thompson's style, but I just don't like it in ornament form.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/11/17 07:54 PM

Here is another picture someone posted:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn5p8Fgoxk/?tagged=disneychristmas

I'm loving the Chip n Dale in the glass because it's got Chip wearing the Santa disguise, and they're next to the bald Santa candle! *love* Wish it wasn't in the glass though. I have the Inside Out one but no others. I'll probably get it.
Posted by: mtwnmk

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/12/17 01:52 PM

Hmmh....Ornament Homepage top rectangle features a few ornaments (#1, 2, 3 & 5) not shown if one clicks any of the sidebar designations.
Are they sketchbook??//
https://www.disneystore.com/home/seasonal/ornaments/mn/1000344/

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/12/17 06:04 PM

Yay! I didn't know they changed the banner! The shoe ornament is the Jasmine shoe Parks ornament. The Rapunzel and Buzz ornaments are most definitely Sketchbook ornaments (you can see the charm on the Buzz ornament). Lady in the hat box is probably a Sketchbook ornament. Jiminy...I'm not sure. I'm thinking Sketchbook.

Definitely need Lady in the hat box!
Posted by: Qwackertoo

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/12/17 07:41 PM

I tend to agree, luckdragon. Jiminy maybe not.

Definitely need puppy Lady in the Christmas Gift Box. smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/12/17 09:01 PM

Never mind, Jiminy is a Sketchbook ornament. He's on the banner on the Sketchbook ornament page and is the image used when you click on "learn more."

It's kind of a cool idea for an ornament. It's obviously from when Jiminy Cricket is underwater and inside the bubble. How often do you see that scene depicted?

The Buzz one looks like a Hallmark one from years ago. I can pass on it since Hallmark's plastic's so much better. If I want the scene, I'll seek out theirs.

Jiminy's growing on me though...I do not want to like the glass baubles, Disney! But the Chip 'n Dale one is a must. Ugh. Most of the UK previews from Instagram have been less than inspired, so I feel bad for them if that's their entire selection (UK does not get all of the designs we do).

Since the banners have changed, maybe we'll get more ornaments on the site on Monday?

Edit: The new banner's image name is actually 20170814, so that's obviously Monday's date: 8/14/17. Someone popped them up early. *fingers crossed*

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/13/17 09:15 AM

Nice to know. I've figured out the coding on a few websites to predict/learn info a little early . . . but not Disney . . . only hit or miss success so I usually get frustrated and give up.

I'll be checking the site tomorrow for sure.
Posted by: JerseyVike

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/13/17 11:00 AM

I like the Buzz one. Didn't get the Hallmark version, so maybe I'll get the DS one.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 04:25 AM

Ugh. They've put up a bunch of ornaments, but the people that run the site forgot to upload the images. So frustrating. I have to get ready to go to work. 12-hour day today. Not that I would have bought any of these today, but it would have been fun to see them. Descriptions do help. Says that Cri-Kee is inside his cage. That's fascinating that they're doing a Cri-Kee ornament. No Shang though. Still waiting on a Shang ornament from someone besides the Storybook set. The Incredibles ornament sounds intriguing too.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 07:20 AM

Looking forward to the pics. Some of them sound interesting.

Noticed only one Marvel and no Star Wars ornaments.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 10:19 AM

They're slowly getting them up. Really love the Duchess and Thomas O'Malley ornament! Have to get back to work now. Hope more pop up later.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 10:20 AM

Yep just saw them on my phone. Now to look at the bigger version on my laptop. Yay. I honestly didn't expect it to be fixed until midnight when they update the site.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 10:28 AM

Christmas Present "Lady Puppy" is indeed a sketchbook even though she disappeared from the banner. I was kinda worried she wouldn't be after she went missing. smile

I see 12 I want . . . 13 IF you count Rescuers that I already ordered. So I'll have to add one or delete one because yes I'm a tad superstitious.

LOVE The Grumpy at the organ one. I think it may be my favorite. Can't wait to see it in person.

eh so so on the Incredibles. I probably won't get it being another glass globe ornament but will make exception like luckdragon for Chip & Dale like I did with Inside Out.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 01:23 PM

I'm at home eating lunch before heading back to work (I have to work 12+ hours today).

Mostly, I'm home to let the dog out. But, naturally, I have to check out the ornaments.

So far, my must-haves list:
Aladdin lamp
Bernard and Bianca
Thomas O'Malley and Duchess (saw it listed this morning and figured they were reissuing the one from a few years ago, thrilled to see it's new!)
Chip 'n Dale
Grumpy
Huey, Dewey, and Louie
Lady (been wanting Hallmark to do that one for years)
Maleficent
Lilo and Scrump
Aurora

Might get the Queen of Hearts. I like their older one better (and have it). The Mickey/Minnie Hawaiian one will probably make its way to my house too. Cri-Kee's on the maybe list too.

The Incredibles was kind of disappointing. I actually have a Parks ornament of them with a similar idea except it's the entire family and has a Christmas feel. Got it for around $5 with shipping because Mrs. Incredible's head had popped off. I glued it back on successfully.

I feel a lot better now than I did from seeing the Instagram pictures from the UK. Most of them just weren't my style. And most of the people just took pictures of the wall and then the Pascal. Sheesh. If you're going to take pictures, take pictures! wink

Disappointed by no singing ornaments yet (that aren't reissues).

Waiting on a sale...

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 01:30 PM

luckdragon, your list is similar to mine.

Just saw this comment by Steve Thompson on facebook (the bolded part is bolded by me here).

I am so excited to share with you more of the "sketchbook ornaments" I've designed this year! I love working on classic scenes and characters you won't find anywhere but the @disneystore. More to come. But there is a pretty good selection available online starting today!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 02:39 PM

So far Buzz Lightyear, Grumpy and Huey, Dewey, & Lewy are on my list. A few others are maybe's.

Wish Sleeping Beauty was in blue.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/14/17 07:34 PM

My theory with Aurora is that because she and Cinderella are both blondes, they steer away from the blue for her, reserving it for Cinderella (even though Cinderella's dress looked more white/silver to me in the movie). I wish she was in blue too. There is a blue ornament of her raising the crown to her head.

Of all of the frilly princess ornament sculpts, my favorite facial sculpt for Aurora is the winter outfit, so that's why I'm getting her. Even though I have a Mulan, I may be tempted to get her. I tend to buy at least one frilly princess a year. I still need: Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Anna, Moana, and Elena. Not sure if they'll do Moana and Elena. Wish they would branch out to do Alice like this. I may get the Rapunzel one since this face is her best one too. I've yet to see a Cinderella face I like. Maybe next year. Anna's looked way too skinny in her frilly princess ornaments.

Edited to add: The Cinderella glass slipper says it is made of glass. I might buy it too. I'm waiting for reviews though. Last year, the Gus and Jaq on the blue ball said it was made of glass, and my all-time favorite Sketchbook ornament is the Ursula ornament on the purple glass ball. This looked like it was made like that one. Received it, and it was made of plastic! I was so ticked off. Left a review to warn others. And Disney Store never updated the description. I'll be waiting for reviews on this ornament or to hear from others here who buy it.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/15/17 12:19 AM

Some tempting choices. I wish they'd had the run Disney ornament when I did the half back in 2012. With the year on it, it's hard to justify buying it this year.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/15/17 07:59 AM

I wish they would reveal all of this years ornaments. It would be easier for planning what I can buy.
Posted by: tiggerfan

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/16/17 12:47 PM

And I like a lot of them this year. :-) thus far

Angela

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/16/17 02:07 PM

How soon you think they will add more? I'm hoping for some Star Wars Rogue One ornaments.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/16/17 05:44 PM

Considering last year there were about 80 designs, we're still due another 20-some. I would imagine that we'll see Star Wars ornaments show up on September 1st because that's Star Wars Day (well, merchandise day since we know Star Wars Day is actually May the 4th). I would be surprised to not see a "Coco" ornament in November. The annual Mickey/Minnie glass bauble ornament always comes out later too. Should see an exclusive website ornament for a princess (probably Snow White). I'm hoping for singing ornaments too.

On Monday, if history indicates anything, we should see the new monthly series, so they may release more ornaments then. wink Maybe we'll get a nice solar eclipse sale gimmick.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/19/17 09:02 AM

Received an e-mail from the Disney Store:

Joy & Cheer: Sketchbook Ornaments Are Here

'TIS THE SEASON TO REVEAL OUR
SKETCHBOOK
ORNAMENT COLLECTION

But no other new ornaments have been added, as far as I can tell.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/19/17 02:50 PM

My guess is they are trying to send that to those poor people who don't obsessively check the site looking for ornaments. You know, not people like us.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/20/17 01:11 PM

My to-buy list so far:

Poisoned Apple
Aladdin's Magic Lamp
Cri-Kee
Pascal Light-Up

Still hoping for some re-issues from my back-collect list.

I'm happy to be adding some sidekicks in Cri-Kee (love the architecture of the cage) and Pascal (with the symbolic lantern). I'm always hoping and wishing for more sidekick/villain/supporting role ornaments. They're an important part of the main character's journey. By the end of the movie, I've invested in their character-be it with adoration or disdain.

Here are some of my hopes for future Disney sidekick/villain/supporting role ornaments:

Jasper and Horace (101)
Magic Mirror (Snow White)
Armoire (Beauty Beast)
Fifi The Featherduster (Beauty Beast)
Hades (Hercules)
Stromboli (Pinocchio)
Honest John and Gideon (Pinocchio)
Anastasia and Drizella (Cinderella)
The King (Cinderella)
Fairy godmother (Cinderella)
The Ancestors (Mulan)
The Emperor of China (Mulan)
King Triton (Little Mermaid)

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/21/17 08:33 PM

No new ornament series posted today. Is one coming in the future or is there no series this year? We shall see.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/21/17 08:51 PM

Don't know. I was surprised myself. But, last month, Casey came out on a Tuesday, so maybe they're switching the release dates?

In the meantime, I was searching for ornaments for others on ebay and stumbled across the Chip 'n Dale Sketchbook ornament of them with the peanut. $21.99 or best offer. Had been up for 8 days with no watchers, so I submitted a $20 offer, got accepted, and it's been shipped! Been wanting that one, but it's really expensive. $20, I can live with. So, happy Sketchbook news for me regardless!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/21/17 09:42 PM

Congrats!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/22/17 12:09 AM

Congrats!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/22/17 08:05 AM

Hoping more Sketchbook ornaments are added soon.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/22/17 09:15 PM

In the meantime, I was searching for ornaments for others on ebay and stumbled across the Chip 'n Dale Sketchbook ornament of them with the peanut. $21.99 or best offer. Had been up for 8 days with no watchers, so I submitted a $20 offer, got accepted, and it's been shipped! Been wanting that one, but it's really expensive. $20, I can live with. So, happy Sketchbook news for me regardless!

Luckdragon,
Wow! That's a great acquisition. That ornie is on my list as well. Congrats!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/23/17 03:29 PM

Luckdragin, what year did that chip n dale sketchbook ornament with the peanut come out? I am trying to determine if I have it as it looks very familiar.

Angela

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/23/17 03:45 PM

It's from 2012. The seller actually had it listed as a 2012 Hallmark ornament. I got the ornament today, and I was impressed that they got the year right because there is no indication of the release year on it. It's from one of those years where they didn't put the charms on the ornaments with the year on them.

Very cute ornament though:
2012 Chip 'n Dale

Why are Chip 'n Dale just so darn cute? I kind of want the ornament of them on the acorn-shaped bell now...with that one and this year's, I'll have all of the Sketchbook Chip 'n Dale ornaments except the first one in the glass globe. I'm not into the glass globe ornaments. I'll make an exception for this year's Chip 'n Dale since I love "Pluto's Christmas Tree," but I really wish it was just a figural instead of encased in the globe.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/24/17 09:08 AM

I need to find my 2012, maybe 2013 too, box of Sketchbook ornaments. I resisted them for too long and missed some good ones. I resisted due to they were resin and so HEAVY. Now it seems they are still resin but not as heavy . . . same as many of my Jim Shore Disney Traditions pieces. Older ones much heavier, newer 1/2 or 1/3 the weight of original pieces of similar size.

I've pretty much gone thru ALL of my ornaments this late Spring earlier Summer but still yet to enter all the adds/deletes in Yulelog and type up a list of the Sketchbook and my Disney Parks ornaments with character(s) holding the mini-Mickey Icon dangle/ornament, still missing just a couple, hope to get them this year, they are indeed hard to find.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 of the Chip and Dale on the dark copper looking bell. Also the Alice Drink Me but they have since re-issued that one.

This year . . . those with nearby Disney Stores, I'm not one of them, we've lost ALL of ours within 200+ miles, for an "in-store exclusive" like they had last year - - - Vanessa - Ursula with the full length mirror. Or watch eBay for something to pop up stating exclusive. Already seeing 2017 Sketchbook on eBay for 25-30.00 each. Really? I guess. Maybe for international shipping but other than that . . . WHY? Same as those Villains USPS stamps for triple the retail price.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/30/17 06:22 PM

I guess we'll see the Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments on Friday.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/30/17 06:35 PM

We should see Star Wars, but there are definitely others coming up. Should be able to check Disney Store UK around 7 PM EST on Thursday to see the Friday releases.

Saw this one on ebay today:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Doo...7-/122676593003

Doorknob got his own ornament!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 08/31/17 06:02 PM

Well, it's disappointing folks. Disney Store UK just launched the Force Friday merchandise. Guess what the 2017 Sketchbook Star Wars ornaments are? The Rey ornament and BB-8 light-up ornament. Repeats.

Maybe they'll do new stuff closer to when the movie comes out.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/01/17 08:25 AM

I was hoping for some Rogue One ornaments.
Posted by: MeowRalphMeow

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/02/17 10:21 AM

This year, I'll have to remember to wait and go to the Disney Store the first weekend in October. Last year, I bought a bunch in September and then they went on sale in October. And, just past the number of days where I could have gotten the difference back.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/02/17 10:33 AM

I'm hoping they will have more ornaments on Tuesday. It would be great if they had the entire 2017 line by then.
Posted by: Diana*

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/02/17 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
Last year, I bought a bunch in September and then they went on sale in October. And, just past the number of days where I could have gotten the difference back.
They allow you to take old receipts to get a sale price difference? What is the number of days for that?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/02/17 04:10 PM

I think it is two weeks from ship date. Not receive date. But don't quote me on that.

I'd never done that before . . . until after D23 and they had the Jim Shore Pirate on a Canon . . . nothing worked on it 20% off or my usual 10% Disney Visa code . . . then they had some code, maybe F&F, there have been so many lately hard to remember them all, so on a whim I tried it and it worked . . . so sent the little contact us with order number and other pertinent info and got my 20.00 gift card code (it was actually maybe 18 and some change and they rounded it up).

But yep, they do . . . but it is a very short window.

ETA: Actually my shipment arrived the very same day the "new code" that worked was activated.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/02/17 06:37 PM

I'll help folks out. Columbus Day was the big sale day last year. Sale was that the ornaments were on sale for $10 each, and you got 20% off orders of $75+. So, if you spent $75+, you got the ornaments for $8 each.

The first sold out ornament for 2016 happened the very next week after Columbus Day.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/03/17 08:14 PM

Thanks for that info Quackertoo and Luckdragon.

Out of curiosity... did the ornaments that were marked sold out early last year ever come back into stock, or were they real sell outs?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/04/17 10:39 AM

IF I recall correctly, the Scrooge McDuck was the first sellout, early sellout, and it NEVER came back in stock. Prices range 29.95 to 59.95 on eBay so I'm hoping it returns for 2017 whenever they finally release the remaining line.

Don't recall when others sold out. Most hung around at least thru early-mid November but Scrooge was the exception.

Maybe luckdragon remembers other sellouts & timeframe.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/04/17 01:14 PM

Did a quick check on the old topic from last year. Scrooge, Chip n Dale, and Si and Am sold out together. Chip n Dale came back at one point before selling out a short time later.

I only mentioned the sell-out dates to point out that we're pretty safe waiting until the good sale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/04/17 02:10 PM

Thanks! I think I'll wait for the sale but shop early on the sale date.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/05/17 07:42 AM

Still no new Sketchbook ornaments.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/05/17 12:00 PM

According to last year's topic, they did not add any more until the last Monday in September.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/06/17 08:48 AM

Not until the last Monday in September? Argh! To quote Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/06/17 09:48 AM

Yeah...it's a pain. If there's any light, I think the Beauty and the Beast deluxe set came out the second Monday in September, so we might see the Art of Snow White come out on Monday for those who want it.

I really hope they do offer it. Bambi was much more limited, and they offered that, but who knows how they decide these things? Art of Snow White is available on the UK site, and I'm going to be ticked if the Americans don't get the opportunity. Yeah, yeah, yeah we can be D23 members, but I can't afford to travel to D23, so I don't want a membership.

Found a seller last night selling the plush Bambi ornament for $1.43 plus shipping. He was also selling some of the Lady and the Tramp Tsum Tsums for $3.60 each, so I bought the ones he had (Lady, Peg, and Trusty) as well as the Bambi ornament. I really love the plush ornaments, but they're so overpriced! All of mine were bought during a sale period. I've got: Brave triplets, Eeyore, Sven, Flower, and Owl.

"Cars 3" went up for pre-sell today! I'll be waiting for a free shipping promo to hit, then I'll pre-order it. That'll save me another $10 in November with the code.

I'm on cloud 9 right now since I went to Amazon and saw that they were recommending "The Goldbergs" season 3 DVD. Hallelujah! I love that show, and I would watch the first two seasons on DVD over and over again when my mom was really sick and I needed to escape. I was so sad when September 2016 came and there wasn't a season 3. They're releasing seasons 3 and 4 on DVD on September 12th, so I pre-ordered both as an early birthday gift for myself. Over the moon excited! I have all of seasons 3 and 4 on my DVR, but I really wanted the DVDs for them. I mean, I don't mind buying digital seasons sometimes, but I tend to like the physical discs better. "The Goldbergs" is ranked right behind "I Love Lucy" and "Lost" for my favorite shows of all-time, I love it so much. There isn't a single actor or character I can't stand, which is so rare in a television show for me. It reminds me of being young. I was born in the early 80s, so I grew up with these shows, movies, toys, etc. Such a nostalgic trip. It's like a lighter version of "The Wonder Years" (which I also love).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/06/17 12:17 PM

The last Monday in September is the 25th. Columbus Day is Monday, October 8th. That's two weeks apart. So if I wait until the week in between to order the ones I'm nervous will sell quickly, I ought to be able to take them in a week or so later and get the sale price adjusted, right (if they hold to the same time line for sales)?

Last year I ordered about 16 ornaments when they went on sale in late September from $17 to 20% off (about $13.60 each). I thought that was a good sale price, but then they went to two for $12 each about a week later, and then just a few days after that they went to two for $10, and then they had a 20% off purchase over $75 sale on top of that, bringing the ornaments down to about $8 each. I could have saved over $140 by just waiting a few weeks. That's a painful lesson in trying to be patient.

I also was really off about predicting what would sell out quickly. Never would have guessed Scrooge McDuck. The princess Ariel sell out also surprised me, I thought most of the princess-styled ornaments hung around into late December. And the Limited Edition variant Belle was around for a long time, but I thought that would sell out quickly. It's so hard to predict Disney sales.

This year I'll have to be better about visiting an actual Disney store to pick up the in-store exclusives.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/07/17 12:09 AM

The Goldbergs is that good? I haven't been interested in it, but when you list two shows I love (well, until the final season of Lost proved they had no clue what they are going), I might have to find a way to give it a try. Because I need another TV show to watch.

In all of this discussion about Disney ornaments, the one thing we've haven't discussed is that it appears we don't have a limited series this year.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/07/17 09:25 AM

Diana*, yep I was off base on sellout(s) last year too. I was doing my priority strategy with my 2 per "most" of the designs and totally missed Scrooge but was OK on all the rest.

Mark, yep, so far it looks like no new ltd. series. Whew. I'm kinda glad kinda sad. This last series, I did skip several. Many were characters I was just not familiar with and I have all or almost all of the older shorts/cartoons collections that were issued in the tins, some limited some not . . . although I haven't taken the time to actually watch them all from start to finish.

I am going to try to watch all the Disney feature classics in alpha order and then the Pixar before our late Nov. early Dec. trip to WDW. Was watching one the other day that was on the Sunday Night selection on the Disney channel and realized I have missed many scenes over the years with kids and multi-tasking duties . . . while there are some that I had on VHS before kids, very few, that I watched over & over back in the day.

Rambling . . . the other day I organized all my DVD's on a tall 5 shelf bookcase, complete with little Brother PT labels on each shelf for Disney A to whatever and whatever to Z and same for Pixar . . . Holiday . . . music DVD's and "other". Then added on 3 of the shelves these battery operated LED light units (about the size of a surge protector strip) that are motion activated as this bookcase sits in the corner behind the patio door so kinda darker corner of the room. Somehow over the years of Sarah @ college & co-op semesters . . . she'd "borrow" DVD's in a Vera case that held many and lost my Beauty & The Beast DVD, platinum release I think . . . probably left it in a friends DVD player one night while having a movie/study night as most semesters she'd forgo cable TV unless it was FREE . . . thank goodness I had a duplicate on that one. I'll just have to deduct that from her inheritance . . . haha JUST KIDDING. smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/07/17 12:26 PM

Something similar happened to me. I loaned Song of the South to some people and was returned an empty case. I didn't check at the time, and couldn't remember who had borrowed it last. I figure they had the dvd disc left in their player and just returned the empty case. Bummer. I don't think the disk was labelled very well either, so if they spit it out at the some later time they may not have recognized what it was.

I'm pretty glad about no new monthly series. One reason the sell-outs affected me last year was that I reserved some ornaments to buy each month over the Christmas season to get the monthly releases with a few ornaments to reach the free shipping. This year I think I'll just make one big purchase when the 2 for $10 sale hits with 20% off. (Unless there are some MUST HAVES that I'll risk buying earlier with the hope I can get the sale price adjusted within the two week date).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/08/17 06:01 PM

I'm hoping they aren't replacing it with the blind box monthly series. Their choices haven't been too bad for that series, but I can't do waterglobe ornaments. Have had some in the past, and they just lose water eventually.

I don't mind a break from the series, and it means that the Snow White set's price won't be as hard to deal with.

Keep on checking ebay. The only ornament we haven't seen is the doorknob ornament (which is two-sided).

As for "The Goldbergs" it is now in syndication, so local stations may start playing it. I've seen ads that the local CW will be airing a couple of episodes daily. If you want to check it out to see what the show is, I would watch one of these episodes: "Call Me When You Get There" (season 1, episode 7), "Kara-Te" (season 1, episode 11), "DannyDonnieJoeyJonJordan" (season 2, episode 10), "Barry Goldberg's Day Off" (season 2, episode 14-considered the best episode). The show is based on Adam Goldberg's childhood with his crazy family. He took a lot of video of his family as he grew up, and at the end of the episode you see a clip of something that inspired part of the episode. Some people hate that the show doesn't follow a chronological order. IE: In one episode, Erica's having a sleepover where she and the other girls watch "Troop Beverly Hills" on VHS, a tradition they started when they were younger, but that movie wasn't in theaters until 1989, so they wouldn't have watched it annually in the 80s. The show's set in "1980-something" and by doing that, they can just pick and choose what they want to have in an episode, even if "Return of the Jedi" has just been released in theaters but they say something about "Back to the Future" in the same episode (Jedi: 1983, BTTF: 1985). The episode usually ends on a heartwarming moment, and sometimes you just need a show that makes you smile. It started at a time in my life when I really needed it, so I'm just addicted to it. Hits the nostalgic part of my brain too.

Edit: Oh, and the fans of "The Goldbergs" are called the Goldnerds. wink

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/08/17 08:03 PM

I went to the mall tonight. I was shocked when I ventured into the Disney store. They were unpacking and putting out
the Sketchbooks. Some were still not unpacked when I left.
In addition to those already online, I saw the keyhole, a 2nd upright Moana, A Bolt and Mittens in a blue open vehicle with sidecar, Groot (similar to this year's Hallmark design), Elsa, Anna & Olaf in an arch.
I was somewhat puzzled by the material used for some of the ornaments-very plastic-y: Cri-Kee's cage, Rescuer's leaf, Poisoned Apple, Jiminy Cricket's outer waves, Maleficent's flames.
Grumpy is quite large and Lady is so darn cute.
If I have occasion to head that way over the rest of the wekend, I'll try to stop & see what else has been added on the empty hangers.
I also noticed that there were no clear plastic dividers between the ornaments in each row. The salesclerk said that they decided not to use them as last year adults were dropping them on the floor creating a real mess and safety hazard.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/08/17 10:31 PM

Nice! I did a search on Instagram and found the picture of the Frozen ornament. It's a musical ornament:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvxwdUAjM4/?taken-by=essentiallydisney
Have to ask how Anna is holding Olaf without gloves...Elsa, I kind of get, but wouldn't Anna's hands get too cold? I'm obviously overthinking this.

Moana ornament:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYyK-fKAdD1/?taken-by=essentiallydisney

Groot:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYy9QXTArUz/?tagged=disneychristmas

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/11/17 04:09 AM

Okay, they did add some ornaments today:

Olaf's Frozen Adventure musical ornament
Doorknob ornament
Puppy Dog Pals ornament
Moana frilly princess
Merida frilly princess
Groot ornament
Cassandra and Rapunzel ornament (I guess this is from the television series since it has that weird style about it).

They also added the Marvel limited edition set. It's showing as sold out, even though the photo hasn't been uploaded, so I think this is a mistake, but maybe it did sell out. If I had wanted it, I would have bought it from ebay when that seller was selling it for $5 below box price with free shipping. I would appreciate it if they put the picture up though for my Sketchbook ornament album. *pokes*
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...435971/1000344/

And they added an Olaf's Frozen Adventure limited edition set:
https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...443143/1000344/

I'm already sick of this holiday special. I'm sorry, but they're just too into this. I'll buy the musical ornament but not the set. Too much Olaf in the set. I like Olaf as a character and the voice is good, but I can't stand to look at Olaf. Does that make sense? The ornament of him with Anna where he has a lollipop for a nose is just so weird. Skipped the "Frozen Fever" set when it was available, so I'll skip this.

Begs the question though: If we can get a limited set for "Olaf's Frozen Adventure," can we please get a limited set for some other Disney Christmas cartoons? Namely "Mickey's Christmas Carol." Maybe "Prep & Landing." Does "Prep & Landing" still run at Christmas? Hmm... I have the DVD of both of their specials, and I enjoy them.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/11/17 10:56 AM

I haven't seen Olaf's Frozen Adventure, but love the coloring in that set. Such a pretty blue. I may get it.

Oh, and btw Luckdragon - as a gal that grew up in Wisconsin with lots of snow every winter... there are times you forgo the gloves for brief moments. And sometimes (this is weird) there will be snow on the ground but the air doesn't feel as cold anymore. I guess the snow is actually melting a little bit, but there'd be so much on the ground you wouldn't really notice. This would be when you don't bother with the fuss of gloves (they take awhile to put on and off and if you are doing it a lot it gets annoying.) I have made snowballs without wearing gloves, and I've made little snowmen without gloves. Your hands are cold briefly and then warm up. So I have no problem with Anna picking up and holding Olaf while not wearing gloves.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/11/17 04:53 PM

I don't know about y'all . . . but searching on All New Arrivals and sorting by Newest isn't pulling up current newest stuff. Don't know what has happened to their search lately? And before this I didn't have to click on Newest but now it selects "most popular" within New Arrivals. Argh. I really don't have time for that when I'm checking early in the mornings.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/11/17 05:24 PM

I have to get up so early on Mondays, I figure it out once the broken image links show up. lol They seem to be after the first few rows and in alphabetical order. *shrugs*

Still waiting for Art of Snow White. Wish that the other Disney Store sites would just let US residents order from them. I would be buying some of those cute Disneyland Paris ornaments. ebay sellers want way more than the retail price and want a huge amount for shipping. Sorry, but I buy dolls from international sellers. I've bought from sellers in France, UK, Italy, Australia, and Canada. A doll's weight and size is much bigger than these ornaments, and the shipping they want has been higher than what I've paid to have a doll shipped to me. I'm not paying that for international shipping unless it was from the Disney Store UK site. People in Europe can purchase from the Disney Store US site. I just want the same benefit.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/11/17 06:11 PM

Well, it is aggravating in that I shop/buy from multiple categories and not just ornaments.

Clicking on New Arrivals and sorting by Newest isn't rocket science. Disney can afford to hire the very best website people.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/12/17 09:06 PM

I may add the Groot ornament to my list.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/12/17 09:28 PM

I don't even know who or what Groot is. haha

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/13/17 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I don't even know who or what Groot is. haha
He's from Guardians of the Galaxy. It's technically baby Groot, as most of the movie he's a giant tree alien and I don't want to post any spoilers here.
Posted by: erika20_98

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/14/17 07:55 AM

Diana*,

When do the ornaments usually go on sale for the 2 for $10 and how do we get the extra 20% off coupon?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/14/17 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: erika20_98
When do the ornaments usually go on sale for the 2 for $10 and how do we get the extra 20% off coupon?

Luckdragon tracked the info...
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Columbus Day was the big sale day last year. Sale was that the ornaments were on sale for $10 each, and you got 20% off orders of $75+. So, if you spent $75+, you got the ornaments for $8 each.

Of course, there is no guarantee that Disney will do the same, but I'm sure hoping they do. And as noted above, you don't need a coupon, but be sure to use the promo code that will be listed on the Disney site for the 20% off and free shipping.
Posted by: ajfargo

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/18/17 04:06 AM

There are a few more that showed up today. And there is a 20% off sale as well. I think I will wait until October to see if they do the BOGO sale.

Allen

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/18/17 07:37 AM

Still only like a few so far. I'll wait for a $10 sale.
Posted by: Lillame

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/18/17 05:43 PM

Oh no, are they starting to sell out already? I'm not seeing Grumpy!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/18/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Lillame
Oh no, are they starting to sell out already? I'm not seeing Grumpy!

That is my must have so far from the 2017 line. After seeing it, then I came across a similar 2 piece figurine by Jim Shore, the organ animals are stacked one higher . . . and the a WDCC piece of the same and stacked even one more higher . . . hope it isn't sold out already.

Disney Store website has undergone some pretty significant design/functionality changes in the last several days . . . and maybe not for the better . . . I think the search function is even worse . . . IF that is possible.

I bought the Redhead from the Pirates ride (Disney Parks) via the Disney Store about 2 weeks ago and have since received it and see it is now gone too.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/18/17 10:12 PM

Stuff goes in and out of stock on the website sometimes. I buy their Signature puzzles, and it's a catch and mouse game of when they have them in stock. They'll usually have at least one design in stock and at least two out of stock at any given time. Speaking of which, they are dragging their feet with the "Aladdin" 25th anniversary puzzle. I'm not paying nearly twice the price on Amazon. They haven't popped it up yet. Frustrating.

I'm not concerned at this point; they probably sold out of an initial shipment. Rare to see something sell out completely before a sale. And they did get the Si & Am ornament back in stock after its first time selling out. A few others went in and out. Even some of the limited monthly ornaments did that a few years ago.

Some folks here have local Disney Stores, so I'm sure someone would be willing to help out if the ornament is gone for good from the site.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/19/17 08:36 PM

Grumpy's in stock again.

I'm still holding out for the sale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/20/17 08:31 AM

I'd like to see the entire line before I make a purchase.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/20/17 09:40 AM

I feel like the entire line should be up by Columbus Day, except for anything "Coco" or "The Last Jedi." Maybe have some limited edition sets. I really hope "Coco" gets a limited edition set. While I'm excited about the movie, other people I've talked to haven't been, so I think this might be the only opportunity to get stuff for it. I'm still ticked that more merchandise is being shown for "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" than "Coco," but the "Coco" merchandise should start showing up in October.

Interesting that they didn't do a "Cars 3" set since Cars is probably Pixar's biggest money-maker for merchandise.

Still waiting for a free shipping promo so I can pre-order "Cars 3." Not a huge fan of the movie, but it's better than "Cars 2," I have all of the Disney/Pixar movies on DVD or blu-ray, and it'll give me a $10 off $40 to use on some ornaments.

Did anyone else notice now that it is September, and we're heading into the holiday shopping season, that the free shipping threshold went back to $75? frown I shouldn't be too upset since I spend more when the threshold is lower than when it's higher (since I think I can just add to the order to get the shipping whereas for a higher one, I'm not going to spend that amount, so I just stick to a smaller purchase).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/20/17 09:40 AM

Some of y'all have way more patience than I do.

I think I'll order a few of my must not miss today with 20% off and a 20.00 code I have from a "oops sorry we messed up discount" from Disney Store.

Also . . . as to my reporting their wonky website these days . . . when I type in www . disneystore . com on my laptop it automatically converts to shopdisney . com and is new and horrible format . . . totally different layout from regular one on my desktop . . . even when you click on specific items to add to cart and for the reviews you can't even click on them to read any reviews. I almost hate to reboot my desktop computer anytime soon for fear this shopdisney will show up there too. WEIRD. And I have recently cleared history and restarted my laptop. I don't know what the heck is going on with the two different websites of the same store basically. ???

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/22/17 04:07 AM

Marvel limited edition set is now officially up. I think the first day, it was just an issue of them putting it up too early (since it was showing sold out first thing).

https://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-se...435971/1000344/

I'm not getting this one. I like the Marvel movies, but I don't buy Marvel merchandise.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/22/17 07:54 AM

I'll pass on the Marvel set. I'm might have gotten it if it had an odd character or two in it.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/23/17 04:20 PM

Not a bad set, but I need to save my ornament money right now.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/25/17 04:06 PM

Nothing much today. They added the annual $19.95 glass ornament. It's always been Mickey/Minnie, but this year, it's Pooh/Piglet.

No sale yet.

Wonder what this big surprise is that's supposed to be up tomorrow? They've been promoting it for the last few days.

Edit: Oh...boo! All they did was change to Shop Disney as the website. The search engine's horrible. Search ornament, and you get all Christmas plus mugs and some other random stuff. Filters aren't working properly either. The Shop Disney format is like the Disney Store UK site. No pages, you just keep scrolling down. Hallmark's site is like that. Nothing special, folks. If not new products, I was kind of hoping for a reward card system. Oh well.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/26/17 06:49 AM

Let me imitate Snoopy's laugh for a moment as I stare at this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/piglet-collectible-ornament-by-steiff-6-limited-edition-1437928

Good grief.

They added a bunch of Steiff stuffed animals. As well as an expensive Woody doll.

I do like this plush set though:
https://www.shopdisney.com/chip-n-dale-holiday-plush-set-small-6-1442869

Gonna need it to drop. $25 for two six inch plush is a bit high.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/26/17 08:18 AM

Lots of expensive new items.

I like all the new wooden toys by Melissa & Doug. I've always preferred wooden vs plastic. Many classic baby/toddler toys with a Disney spin.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/26/17 10:24 AM

I don't even like that Piglet ornament. I wouldn't buy it for 1% of that price!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 07:38 AM

I didn't even pay attention to the Melissa & Doug toys. Toys R Us has carried the Disney Melissa & Doug toys for years. I've bought some to donate to Toys for Tots before.

They are cute. All of Melissa & Doug toys are well-made too. My mom had their dollhouse with furniture. It's still hanging out in the den. Got it from Shop Goodwill for about $35. That thing's pretty darn solid too.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 11:39 AM

Oh, I like that Piglet (except his scarf looks a little hard), but then again, I've had a soft spot in my heart for Steiff for a long time. I own a couple of bears that I splurged on in the 80s and a more recent bear ornament I bought within the last 5 years. But with a price tag like that, I won't be buying the Winnie-the-Pooh Steiff collection, especially since you'd need so many pieces.

btw - WTP fans, you can see the original stuffed animals that inspired the stories at the New York Public Library. They have them on display in the children's library section.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 11:43 AM

Oh, and Grumpy at the piano is back in stock.

Luckdragon, were you going to start a list of the ornaments available this Christmas season? I've found that really helpful in the past.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Oh, I like that Piglet (except his scarf looks a little hard), but then again, I've had a soft spot in my heart for Steiff for a long time. I own a couple of bears that I splurged on in the 80s and a more recent bear ornament I bought within the last 5 years. But with a price tag like that, I won't be buying the Winnie-the-Pooh Steiff collection, especially since you'd need so many pieces.

btw - WTP fans, you can see the original stuffed animals that inspired the stories at the New York Public Library. They have them on display in the children's library section.

I have a set of the main four, I've saved them since Sarah was a baby . . . of the older more classic representations of them . . . by Gund. It was around '94 or '95 when I bought them. I save too much stuff. Also have a huge collection, including Jeremy Fisher (my favorite) and Mr. McGregor, by Eden. Some of the older plush are so much nicer than the newer stuff.

And of course the Hallmark Crayola family of bunnies & ducks. And few retired Build-A-Bears, the bears, that I can't seem to part with . . . so two of them reside still perched on Steven's headboard between the panel and the posts. The nice extra-large ones, I think one might be a black grizzly and other a polar bear.

My house is going to be so much more fun for future grandkids to visit than "those other grandparents". bwahahahahaha laugh

I guess I need to find a nice pair of pie-eyed Mickey & Minnie but not at those Disney Store prices . . .

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 12:03 PM

My first order of 2017 Sketchbook should arrive tomorrow. I hope.

Earlier I bought the Bernard/Bianca . . . very nice. But that is the only one I've had "in-hand" so far. Until tomorrow~!!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 12:38 PM

Is this your order with the Pirates Redhead, or have you received that already? What else did you get?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 01:10 PM

Already got Redhead.

I'm betting on Grumpy and Poison Apple being popular so went ahead and ordered with 20% code. Patience is not one of my many virtues~! wink

A prior year Sketchbook Queen of Hearts is on eBay for around 100.00 bucks. Alice stuff is quite popular. Her hourglass snowglobe can sometimes be viewed to have sold for around 500.00 on eBay~!!! She has quite the following that I wasn't that aware of . . .

This order is for:

QUANTITY ITEM DESCRIPTION
1 465063957546 Cinderella Glass Slipper Sketchbook Ornament
1 465063964063 Maleficent Sketchbook Ornament
1 465063960348 Queen of Hearts Sketchbook Ornament
1 465063960911 Lady Sketchbook Ornament
1 465063957393 Huey, Dewey, and Louie Sketchbook Ornament
2 465063784128 Grumpy Sketchbook Ornament
2 465063964896 Poisoned Apple Sketchbook Ornament - Snow White and the Seve

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 01:26 PM

I have the Queen of Hearts from a few years ago with the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit. Found it for a decent price on ebay.

I cannot believe that there isn't a Goofy ornament of him doing some sport. I hope we get more. The selection's not as good as last year's to me.

I have all of them in the Photobucket album, Diana:
Disney Sketchbook Photobucket Album
2017 ornaments start on page 26.

I can do a list if everyone wants.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/27/17 05:01 PM

So this is the entire Sketchbook selection for 2017. Surprised no Star Wars and only one Marvel ornament.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/28/17 03:53 PM

I think IF this is all they release this year . . . they will have the fewest offerings in last couple of years. Plus no limited year long series. Wonder why? Maybe Steve Thompson the main person for Sketchbook Ornaments has been busy on some other projects these past many months? Kinda glad about a break in ltd. monthly series but wish there were some more ornaments for 2017. Time will tell what else pops up.

This order is for:

QUANTITY ITEM DESCRIPTION
1 465063957546 Cinderella Glass Slipper Sketchbook Ornament - Love this one,
real glass, love the heart on the shoe.

1 465063964063 Maleficent Sketchbook Ornament
1 465063960348 Queen of Hearts Sketchbook
Very nice. The base of the ornament is heart shaped.Ornament
1 465063960911 Lady Sketchbook Ornament Nice. Good size, not too big or too little.
1 465063957393 Huey, Dewey, and Louie Sketchbook Ornament with the paint job on this gives it a vintage look vs. newer bright colors they are usually done in.
2 465063784128 Grumpy Sketchbook Ornament don't wait too long on this one. Very well done. Very nice size, big but not too big. Since it has already disappeared once from website, plus one of mine Grumpy/bench was broken off from main ornament,
will get replacement.

2 465063964896 Poisoned Apple Sketchbook Ornament - Snow White and the Seven Very nice. Should be popular. Well done.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/28/17 11:14 PM

Thanks for the review, Deana! It is SO hard for me to wait and not order.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/29/17 11:47 AM

I think Grumpy playing the organ will be the standout ornament design of the year for Sketchbook. It is #1 for me so far.

I saw someone else who has already received an order for a few . . . was raving about the Frozen musical one that looks like the roof/outline of a Scandinavian style house and the little goats dangling from the bottom. It will be on my next order for sure.

https://www.shopdisney.com/olafs-frozen-adventure-singing-sketchbook-ornament-1443023

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 09/29/17 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reviews! If trends follow last year, the ornaments should go on sale on Monday, then there should be a Columbus Day sale the next Monday.

The one I'm most excited about is Duchess and Thomas O'Malley. Can't wait to place an order on Columbus Day!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/01/17 06:13 AM

"Coco" products are set to hit shelves nationwide today, and the Disney Store is no exception! We got a singing ornament (hallelujah, totally buying it):
https://www.shopdisney.com/miguel-singing-sketchbook-ornament-coco-1445685

And we got a set of ornaments for the film:
https://www.shopdisney.com/coco-sketchbook-ornament-set-1445755

I'll have to have both. I doubt we'll see any products for the film after this year (except maybe Hallmark being one year behind). People who decorate for Halloween will really like the set. No mention that the set is limited that I can tell...wonder if that means it'll count for the Columbus Day sale. Mwa ha ha!

Must say that the dog, Dante looks amazing in the Land of the Dead. I think the dog is supposed to be a Xoloitzcuintli, aka the Mexican Hairless Dog. Nice to see Disney/Pixar not using a Chihuahua as the dog.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/01/17 10:16 AM

Is this coming out later this year or straight to DVD? I haven't even seen a trailer or any promo for it.

Guess I'll have to look for one online.

Interesting.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/01/17 02:54 PM

The movie hits theaters Thanksgiving weekend. It's the newest release from Pixar.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/01/17 04:52 PM

Thanks, Mark.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/02/17 04:22 AM

Monday morning and they are $12 each when you buy 2 or more. I didn't look close enough to notice if there are any new ornaments pictured. I think I am going to buy now and be done with the wait. The next few weeks are going to be busy for me and I might miss out on something.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/02/17 07:35 AM

$12 each is pretty good, free shipping would be better. I wish they would have some Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments, so I could hit the free shipping at $75.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/02/17 10:41 AM

Am I missing where there is a link to just the sketchbook line? Or isn't there one yet?

Well, somebody must be buying those themed Mickey Ear Hat ornaments and Shoe ornaments, as they've added themed Handbags. And not to make it all girlie, there are Racers. I'm glad there is something else for somebody to throw their money at Disney since they don't appeal to me beyond a mild, "Oh, isn't that creative how they...?"

There are some nice-looking Beauty and the Beast (animated movie) ornaments in their "figural" line. (Higher starting price-point than Sketchbook).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/02/17 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
$12 each is pretty good, free shipping would be better. I wish they would have some Star Wars Sketchbook ornaments, so I could hit the free shipping at $75.

My order with 20% was around 13 and some change per ornament . . . compared to Hallmark . . . not bad. I'll probably place another order today or tomorrow. When I looked on my phone at 4 something a.m. today . . . there were a few that were NOT included and still 16.95. Seems like the Coco new one and the Frozen musical one.

I think order before that, not ornaments, I used SHIP50 and it still worked. Or maybe it was 50SHIP. Give it a try.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/02/17 01:50 PM

Am I missing where there is a link to just the sketchbook line? Or isn't there one yet?

Well, somebody must be buying those themed Mickey Ear Hat ornaments and Shoe ornaments, as they've added themed Handbags. And not to make it all girlie, there are Racers. I'm glad there is something else for somebody to throw their money at Disney since they don't appeal to me beyond a mild, "Oh, isn't that creative how they...?"

There are some nice-looking Beauty and the Beast (animated movie) ornaments in their "figural" line. (Higher starting price-point than Sketchbook).

They don't have them separated on the site anymore. If you search ornament, you'll get a lot of stuff that's not ornaments. The site's a mess. Looking at new stuff, it'll start out fine, then it'll start repeating stuff you've already seen.

The $21.99 ornaments are Parks ornaments. wink Glad they got the Cogsworth. It'll be nice to get when there is a Parks sale.

Still holding out for next Monday.

I did break down and buy the 2015 Donald and Daisy one. It arrived today! Along with a Jim Shore Deck the Halls Santa ornament. I bought it (Jim Shore Santa) from ebay at a great price, and I was surprised when I got home and had two boxes from the seller. She sent the same ornament twice. So, I've contacted her. Really, really don't want to have to pay postage to send back the second one. So frustrating. It was a weird transaction all the way around. It was a bid or BIN thing. The bidding was set to start at $6.50, but the BIN was about $14. I thought that was a fair price, so I did the Buy It Now. Then, the next day, the seller refunded me the money to make it $6.50. So strange. I've never had that happen before. I hadn't contacted her, complaining or anything.

Kind of shows how early I wake up for work. They were not on sale at 5 AM EST. I checked Maleficent, not Miguel or the Frozen singing one, and she was showing full price, no offers.

But, starting Saturday, I'll be off for a vacation, so I should be able to get a Columbus Day offer. laugh

Edit: The seller of the Jim Shore ornament who sent me two of them got back to me. She couldn't believe she did that and blamed it on getting older. lol She said to sell it or give it away. So at least she was nice about it.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 04:19 AM

Alright, we've got a sale! Code is TREAT. Sale is 15% off $50, 20% off $75, 25% off $100+ and free shipping for $75+.

So, even though they may follow Columbus Day 2016, and the ornaments might end up being $8 then, they're $9 now.

I've placed an order!

Bought:
-Coco Sketchbook set
-Olaf's Frozen Adventure singing ornament
-Lady ornament
-Duchess and Thomas O'Malley
-Bernard and Miss Bianca
-Aladdin's Lamp
-Chip 'n Dale
-Huey, Dewey, and Louie
-Grumpy
-pre-ordered "Cars 3" (you don't get a discount for this one)

Saved some ornaments for later when I get the "Cars 3" discount code. I'm gambling on Miguel singing being available as well as Moana and Hawaiian Holiday. I'm on the fence about Maleficent, Cinderella's Slipper, Cri-Kee, Pascal, and King Louie. I didn't want to take the chance on the "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" ornament making it until then.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 10:26 AM

Thanks, luckdragon~! My cart is pretty full right now. smile

I was hoping a code would pop up on Friday so am pretty happy it is early on Thursday~!!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 11:36 AM

First order placed. The Frozen musical one x 2. And several figurine playsets. Some 10.00 each plus 25% off and the Frozen one and Fantasia/Villain themed one. Will use as cake decorations. I think the Frozen would look great in Winter on a Coconut Cake.

Although with my healthy eating style . . . there aren't many cakes in my life . . . only when I have a house full of people to hurry up and eat them so they don't hang around for days. Maybe need to find some alternative recipes that are gluten free and maybe with some Almond Flour or Coconut Flours instead. This will be fun to for FUTURE gandchildren. smile

Off to fill my cart yet again as the previous cart just decided to empty itself . . . which I also decided was too many items and to break up into 1, 2 or 3 orders so not too big for items to be broken or missed by order puller in warehouse . . . just as long as I get to 100.00 each time + 4% Ebates. smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 05:04 PM

Was the Frozen musical ornament on the 2 for $12 sale? Looks like now it is $16.95?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 05:42 PM

No, it wasn't part of it. I figure they won't be putting it or the Miguel singing ornaments on sale until after "Coco" debuts in theaters, and I think the Frozen one is the more likely one to sell out, so saving 25% wasn't too bad to me.

Thrilled to get the savings on the Coco set. Those sets are usually limited, and you can't save on them.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 06:33 PM

3 orders for me today. All just barely over 100.00. Was tempted by the Parks Exclusive Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts/Chip but deleted them. Was tempted by Coco set but deleted them too. Just not sure they will go with my Christmas tree . . . and I don't do that much for Halloween. But time is still available IF I change my mind. Even was going to splurge and put the Frozen limited set in my card but no discount so deleted it too.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 08:09 PM

I guess I'll have to be patient with the musical ornaments. Last year if I remember correctly the Frozen and Moana singing also weren't part of the twofer sale, but then as it got closer to Christmas they did include them in the sale. So I'll wait for the Frozen and Coco musical ornaments.

I placed a large order, but resisted the big boxed sets, even though 25% off was so tempting.

For $9 each I ordered:
Snow White ATSD - Grumpy at piano
Snow White ATSD - Poisoned Apple
The Rescuers - Bernard and Bianca in leaf boat
M&M Hawaiian Holiday
Aristocats - Duchess & Thomas
Sleeping Beauty - Maleficent
Jungle Book - King Louie
Lilo and Stitch - Lilo and Scrump
Lilo and Stitch - Hawaiian Stitch
Alice in Wonderland - Doorknob
Alice in Wonderland - Queen of Hearts
Chip 'n Dale - glass globe
Guardians of the Galaxy - baby Groot
Lady and the Tramp - Lady
NB4C - Oogie Boogie
Pinocchio - Jimmy Cricket in bubble
Aladdin - Magic Lamp

and then for $14.96 the July limited release Casey at Bat (that I had not ordered before. It stuck around a long time!)

I was also tempted by the parks ornaments of Beauty and the Beast, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion... but maybe this kind of sale will be repeated later on?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 08:39 PM

I was also tempted by the parks ornaments of Beauty and the Beast, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion... but maybe this kind of sale will be repeated later on?

They do sooo many Parks sales throughout the year and the Parks ornaments are available year-round, that I'm sure there will be a good chance you can catch them again. Better to get the Sketchbook ones since they aren't year-round.

I forgot about Lilo and Scrump. That's on my list of ones I'm waiting on too. Lilo's face is adorable.

I'm so surprised at the lack of musical ornaments this year. Three repeats from last year, then the two new ones represent the upcoming Pixar movie and the short paired with it. I mean, at least re-release the Aladdin musical ornament. I do like the lamp, but it seems like they could have done more for the movie (like an ornament of Aladdin since it is his movie, or an ornament of Genie. The only Sketchbook Genie sculpt they've done was in the Art of Jasmine set, and it is the best Genie sculpt I've seen). No .com exclusive either? Or a Goofy sports short? Last year was stronger to me, and they picked a few of the strongest ornaments to re-issue (Up house and Enchanted rose).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 10:11 PM

Whoa...okay, a Japanese seller is selling several older BATB Sketchbook ornaments for a great price!

I bought one of the Mrs. Potts and Chip:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Jap...ip/272876043523

And Cogsworth and Lumiere:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Jap...re/272876043565
I've wanted that Cogsworth and Lumiere for a while. That was the one I noticed first and did a double take on it with the price. I had to check it in my Photobucket album to make sure it was that ornament.

So excited to get them! I already have the 2010 Beauty and the Beast, which the seller is selling too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Japan-ornament-Bell-And-Beast-/272876043522
I'll warn that Belle has yellow eyes on the ornament...yeah...not a fan of it, but love the movie, so I was happy to get it for about $25 last year. Usually, it sells for higher.

If you missed out on the Beast in the bathtub, the seller has that one too for the cheapest I've seen it since around the time it sold out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Japan-Ornament-Beauty-and-the-Beast-Beast-/272876043426
If you did skip it, reconsider it. It is one of my favorite Sketchbook ornaments. Really nice, even though it kind of combines two parts of the grooming scene. Lightweight too.

99.9% positive feedback with over 2000 feedback scores, so I feel pretty confident in the seller. I do buy dolls from overseas sellers (have a Belle Pullip doll on pre-order from a Japanese website), so I don't mind doing it. It can be a long wait for items to arrive. Italy was the worst for the waiting. Took nearly 4 weeks, and the tracking number once it left Italy did me no good. I know some folks don't like to buy from overseas sellers, but I couldn't not share these links with you guys!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/05/17 11:10 PM

I'm not fond of Belle's expression, and have a few Belle and Beast ornaments (plus there is the Parks one available this year) so that one doesn't much interest me. But the other two look fabulous! And I'll second your comment on Beast in the tub. I LOVE that ornament.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/06/17 09:13 AM

I like the Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip from the Japan store better than the Parks ones. Thanks for the tip, luckdragon~!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/06/17 04:24 PM

I have the Lumiere Parks ornament. It lights up, which is nice, but Hallmark has the best Lumiere sculpt ever with the limited from 2016. Perfection.

I'll probably end up getting the Parks ones eventually. I'm sure I have enough BATB ornaments to do their own tree. lol

Got my shipping notice from the Disney Store! Everything's been shipped except Lady, Chip 'n Dale, the Coco set, and the blu-ray (obviously). Very excited! The Coco set is not my style, but that'll give me five new characters in my Disney character ornament collection. I'm at 292 without them, so I'm excited! Once I get them as well as some Hallmark Disney ornaments (like the Dory one with her parents and the Zootopia one), I'll have over 300 different characters in ornament form! Whoo hoo! laugh

I'm very happy to be able to get those Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip. So expensive usually! Last sold Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for nearly $65:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Ske...e-/112591529612

Can't find a last sold Mrs. Potts/Chip, but I see the Cogsworth/Lumiere one more, so that's not shocking. Hallmark did the best job with Mrs. Potts and Chip way back in 2001 with the porcelain ornaments.

Seller's also selling Belle with the Wardrobe. Forgot to mention that one. I think that was 2012...maybe 2011. Nice piece too.

Speaking of BATB ornaments, the Jim Shore one is amazing! Bought it several weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beauty-The-Beast-Hanging-Ornament-NEW-FAST-DISPATCH-/162698992470
I paid $29.99 for it from an American seller. I wish they would sell these in the US. Do they? I've never seen them in a retail store or at an online retailer. They're packaged/marketed as Disney Traditions, and nearly everyone who sells them is from the UK.

Edit: Got a new email. Rest of my Disney Store order (except the blu-ray) has been shipped! So, Lady and Chip 'n Dale will arrive with the Coco set. laugh

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/07/17 04:03 PM

ohhhhhh - need some of these. Are they recent or older ones? Somehow they seem familar.

Angela

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/07/17 04:57 PM

The Belle/Beast, Cogsworth/Lumiere, and Mrs. Potts/Chip are 2010 ornaments, I think. Belle/Wardrobe is probably 2011, 2012, or 2013... (I'm too lazy to check). Beast in the tub is from 2015.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/07/17 05:35 PM

I popped into the Disney store since I was at the mall for Hallmark Ornament Debut. They had the Olaf's Frozen Adventure singing ornament on the buy 2 for $12 each display rack. Singing Ariel (repeat) and Singing Moana (repeat) were also on the sale display rack. No Coco merchandise yet. So I bought two of the Frozen to get the sale price. They didn't ring up on sale, but the clerk saw it before I could even say anything and said, "These should be $12 each so give me a moment and I'll put that promo in." And then she waved her magic wand and voila!

btw just some info on sales in case you are wondering what to get early and what to wait for on sale:

There were NO Grumpy at the piano.
No Up! House.
No Beauty and the Beast rose.
There was only 1 Lady with the pink box.
There was only 1 Stitch (he's bigger than I expected. Looked good.)
There was only 1 Lilo and Scrump.
There was only 1 Alice Queen of Hearts.
There was only 1 Minnie Mouse.
Lots and lots of the Alice in Wonderland doorknob.
Good quantity of the glass ball ornaments with scenes inside, including Jimmy Cricket, Tinkerbell, etc.
Several Huey, Dewey, Louie.
Good quantity of Rescuers.
Couple of King Louie from Jungle Book.

I didn't see anything the store had that wasn't available online.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/07/17 06:16 PM

I didn't see anything the store had that wasn't available online.

Appreciate the report, Diana*.

Yeah . . . we all need to watch eBay or those that are lucky enough to have a store . . . after last years Ursula/Vanessa ornament.

I don't recall IF there was one the year or two or three before that. I stayed faithful to Hallmark for far too long and missed some GREAT Sketchbook pieces.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 06:14 AM

Promotion is now free shipping on your order through Monday. Hopefully, they do something exciting tomorrow. We'll see.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 10:41 AM

Anybody . . . recall when searching on Sketchbook recently . . . I'd get 75 results last week or so after they added the Coco ornaments but last couple of days it has only been 74. Trying to think of which one is missing by scrolling thru "results" but none are coming to mind as missing/no longer available.

Hmmmmmmm
Posted by: RJingle

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 12:56 PM

Oh My Lord - I'm not even telling my daughter about these....Is Hallmark making them. I just looked at the Disney site and it says 277 ornaments.....I wonder how Hallmark will be able to support theirs. There are just too many ornaments around to buy anymore!!! I didn't even know that these came out last year. At least we don't have very many Disney stores around here....and my granddaughter collects the Hallmark PM ones.....and now Disney has them?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 01:11 PM

Anybody . . . recall when searching on Sketchbook recently . . . I'd get 75 results last week or so after they added the Coco ornaments but last couple of days it has only been 74. Trying to think of which one is missing by scrolling thru "results" but none are coming to mind as missing/no longer available.

Hmmmmmmm

I think Johnny Appleseed from the Storybook Classics sold out. wink

Originally Posted By: RJingle
Oh My Lord - I'm not even telling my daughter about these....Is Hallmark making them. I just looked at the Disney site and it says 277 ornaments.....I wonder how Hallmark will be able to support theirs. There are just too many ornaments around to buy anymore!!! I didn't even know that these came out last year. At least we don't have very many Disney stores around here....and my granddaughter collects the Hallmark PM ones.....and now Disney has them?

The Disney Store site shows several different lines. Most are sold in the Disney Parks and sold year round. The Disney Store line is called the Sketchbook ornaments. They started in 2007. You can see them all here:
http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

They're resin ornaments instead of Hallmark's artplas. They tend to cost less, but their secondary market values tend to be higher than Hallmark Keepsakes.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 02:16 PM

Ah that must be the one . . . I hadn't been paying close attention to the last monthly ones so hadn't missed it but was thinking which 2017 Sketchbook could it be~!

Thanks, luckdragon~!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: RJingle

IF one subtracts all the Ears and Shoe ornaments and NOW the latest the Purse/Handbag ornaments from the 277 . . . it would be greatly reduced.

I like purses, especially expensive ones . . . but buying the ornaments in the color theme of the various characters/Princesses . . . not so much. Same as the shoes and mouse ear ones . . . I thought the "ears" ones were nice when they first came out, I think they were supposedly even limited . . . and then Disney flooded the designs . . . I can't imagine keeping up with that collection . . . glad I never bought any.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 03:48 PM

I am still tempted to get some of the ear ornaments, especially the ones themed around various attractions. But for the price, I just can't go there.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 04:25 PM

Did you see they have race cars too now? I am a figural fan. Iíll admit I have several of the cute plush ones. Havenít paid full price for any of them (theyíre overpriced).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I am still tempted to get some of the ear ornaments, especially the ones themed around various attractions. But for the price, I just can't go there.

Our local Disney Store, which is an outlet one, was selling some of the ear ornaments in, what I call it, the out-dated, overstocked or unloved Disney theme park merchandise area. Stuff that didn't sell at the parks and they are trying to unload at their stores. They usually have older ornaments or ones that no one was buying and they had several there.

I picked up some Haunted Mansion and various character ornaments the last time I was there and they had a bunch of the ear ornaments. They're usually on sale because they're trying to get rid of them. That was at the end of August when the Sketchbook ornaments showed up and I stopped in to buy those.
Posted by: Rytee

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/08/17 11:16 PM

I think the pascal hanging from the light-up lantern ornament has been sold out for a few days online. He was the only one on my list i wasn't able to get during the sale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 07:29 AM

Wow...the Columbus Day sale is just the free shipping offer. That's a total change from last year. Last year, they had some different categories on sale (like the Sketchbooks were $10 each if you bought 2 or more), plus percentage off deals based on how much you spent. 20% was the highest point last year.

$8 each with last year's Columbus Day sale, $9 each with this year's pre-Columbus Day sale. Still showing that early October is the key time to buy.

And man, I am HATING the new site format. If you try to look at new products and sort them by new, it'll work for a bit, then stuff starts repeating. I knew when I got the Grumpy shirt two lines down from where I first saw it, that the repeats had begun. I don't get how this is difficult to code. If you go to a category, even a large one, they won't repeat, so why is it that new releases do that?

Waiting for Friday. Hoping to get a new Animator's ornament set. If not, at least last year's had Belle and Pocahontas (Pocahontas is my favorite animator's doll). Not sure why I keep hoping for more stuff to spend money on...

Originally Posted By: Rytee
I think the pascal hanging from the light-up lantern ornament has been sold out for a few days online. He was the only one on my list i wasn't able to get during the sale.

Good eyes! I think he was there when the sale started on Thursday morning... He's the ornament people on Instagram kept going gah gah over and taking pictures of the most. Grumpy disappeared temporarily, so keep your eyes peeled. He might show back up. wink

And welcome to the boards!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 08:07 AM

$12 each is the sale.
and free shipping ends today.

I wonder if there will be a better sale before some of the ornaments are sold out ???

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 08:18 AM

Good eyes! I think he was there when the sale started on Thursday morning... He's the ornament people on Instagram kept going gah gah over and taking pictures of the most. Grumpy disappeared temporarily, so keep your eyes peeled. He might show back up. wink

And welcome to the boards!

Ditto on the new site shopdisney vs disneystore.

Yep, Pascal was on there early various % sale day as he was one I was on the fence about and delayed the purchase kind of like the Uncle Scrooge last year only to never return . . . so we'll see on Pascal/Lantern.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 10:07 AM

I have the Lumiere Parks ornament. It lights up, which is nice, but Hallmark has the best Lumiere sculpt ever with the limited from 2016. Perfection.

I'll probably end up getting the Parks ones eventually. I'm sure I have enough BATB ornaments to do their own tree. lol

Got my shipping notice from the Disney Store! Everything's been shipped except Lady, Chip 'n Dale, the Coco set, and the blu-ray (obviously). Very excited! The Coco set is not my style, but that'll give me five new characters in my Disney character ornament collection. I'm at 292 without them, so I'm excited! Once I get them as well as some Hallmark Disney ornaments (like the Dory one with her parents and the Zootopia one), I'll have over 300 different characters in ornament form! Whoo hoo! laugh

I'm very happy to be able to get those Cogsworth/Lumiere and Mrs. Potts/Chip. So expensive usually! Last sold Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for nearly $65:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Ske...e-/112591529612

Can't find a last sold Mrs. Potts/Chip, but I see the Cogsworth/Lumiere one more, so that's not shocking. Hallmark did the best job with Mrs. Potts and Chip way back in 2001 with the porcelain ornaments.

Seller's also selling Belle with the Wardrobe. Forgot to mention that one. I think that was 2012...maybe 2011. Nice piece too.

Speaking of BATB ornaments, the Jim Shore one is amazing! Bought it several weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beauty-The-Beast-Hanging-Ornament-NEW-FAST-DISPATCH-/162698992470
I paid $29.99 for it from an American seller. I wish they would sell these in the US. Do they? I've never seen them in a retail store or at an online retailer. They're packaged/marketed as Disney Traditions, and nearly everyone who sells them is from the UK.

Edit: Got a new email. Rest of my Disney Store order (except the blu-ray) has been shipped! So, Lady and Chip 'n Dale will arrive with the Coco set. laugh

Anyone on the fence or waiting to buy these 4 B&TB from Japan ... bought the 4 today with the code PROMONYCC today via eBay (never have used a code on eBay before, first time for everything haha) and saved 17.84. Yay~!!! Pretty much gets them down to barely over the 16.95 USA costs of a Sketchbook ornament and the free shipping on all 4. Yay~!

And yay that I ordered majority of my Sketchbook 2017 last week with the 25% off plus the 2 fer 12.00 each promo making them about 9 bucks each.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 01:07 PM

Nice job!

I noticed in the pictures, they have 2017 charms on the ornaments. So, I went and checked. Disney Store Japan has all of these ornaments on their website (although Cogsworth and Lumiere has sold out on their site):
https://store.disney.co.jp/c/c5078/

Disney Store UK has the Beast in the tub as well as the Belle singing at the fountain.

US Disney Store? Zip. I'm not trusting these to show up in the US. No American listings for the 2017 versions, no reports of them in the stores. I doubt they're saving them to release later. This was probably just in response to the live action movie's popularity, but they decided to not give the Americans the option of them. *sighs* The movie must have done extremely well in Japan for them to release that many Sketchbook ornaments for one movie (7 ornaments is a lot for a single movie). But, given how expensive these are, I'm happy to get them. Now, I need a re-release of Figaro/Cleo... Also wish they would do a Sketchbook Gaston besides the one that came in the Deluxe set...

While I was on the UK site, I saw this:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/chip-n-dale-hanging-ornament-476335772798.html

Adorable! It's not a Sketchbook since Sketchbook ornaments don't have the little clips like that, but it says it was made for the Disney Store. I guess, maybe for the UK store.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 02:29 PM

I was just watching Pinocchio yesterday . . . watching in date release order . . . must be due to come back out of the Vault soon . . . as my DVD was a much older "Gold" one unless it came out in recent years & I just missed it.

Maybe they'll re-release Cleo/Figaro then.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 04:47 PM

I am SO glad I ordered at the 2 for $12 each plus 25% off and free shipping sale. $9 each is just a fraction over half off. I would have been very disappointed otherwise with the sale they have today (2 for $12 each and free shipping). It kind of hurt at checkout, but it's better to get at these prices than to wait and get on eBay.

Pascal was another I decided to wait on, too. Surprised to hear it's getting a lot of attention on Instagram. I guess that character is more popular than I thought. There were a couple at the Disney store, so I'll keep an eye on the store if I decide I need one.

Oh Deana, now you have me very tempted to get those Japan Disney ornaments with that discount code! Where did it come from? I think Ibotta may still have an eBay rebate; will have to check and see. I have done very little eBay purchasing this last year. It even kind of feels weird to get on there once in awhile to look around. LOL.

Do we know when the last of the US ornaments were revealed last year? Is there still hope there may be more releases in the near future?

btw - I looked through all the Frozen musical ornaments on the shelf at the store and found one that was mostly ok and one that was "Well, it's the best of the bunch" but a little disappointing. They had problems ranging from "weird eyes" to "no nose" to "scattered drops of stuff in bad places". They all had painting outside the lines on the shoe area. I wonder if they rushed that one through so that it doesn't have as good of a paint job than many of the other Sketchbook ornaments?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 05:02 PM

Diana* The code was right there "click here for more" info on the auctions themselves.

At first I was afraid it might only work on one . . . so added all four to cart . . . added code and voila discount on all four.

I think the only catch is you have to pay via PayPal which is how I pay for 99.9% of my eBay purchases. Added a new card recently to get my spending/miles but today added it to PayPal too . . . so really No Catch to the promo.

Good Luck~!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 05:40 PM

I am SO glad I ordered at the 2 for $12 each plus 25% off and free shipping sale. $9 each is just a fraction over half off. I would have been very disappointed otherwise with the sale they have today (2 for $12 each and free shipping). It kind of hurt at checkout, but it's better to get at these prices than to wait and get on eBay.

Ditto~!!!! So glad I didn't procrastinate that day~!!!!

AND it doesn't hurt as bad IF you broke it into several orders with increments of 100.00+. hahaha Just kidding. I did it just to break up the orders to not have a HUGE overstuffed box and perhaps breakage. Other than that . . . no rhyme nor reason . . . I sometimes do that with Macy's etc. etc. on breakable/fragile orders.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 09:04 PM

I was just watching Pinocchio yesterday . . . watching in date release order . . . must be due to come back out of the Vault soon . . . as my DVD was a much older "Gold" one unless it came out in recent years & I just missed it.

It was rereleased earlier this year (January 17th) as part of the Signature Collection on DVD and blu-ray. The Gold release was in 2000.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 09:35 PM

I was really hoping for a better sale today. Bummer.

I got my three must-haves for the year: Grumpy, Chip and Dale and Groot. I wanted a few others but I try to limit myself to only a few sketchbook ornaments a year being on a student budget and to ensure they all fit in the tree (although now I don't have to worry about the monthly anymore.. hmm). SO HARD TO RESIST!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/09/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow

It was rereleased earlier this year (January 17th) as part of the Signature Collection on DVD and blu-ray. The Gold release was in 2000.

Thank you for this information~! smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 12:00 AM

Ugh. Just discovered this on QVC. Hallmark's gone to the shoe side.
http://www.qvc.com/Hallmark-Set-of-4-Princess-Pump-Ornaments.product.H212192.html

And wait, for the guys:
http://www.qvc.com/Hallmark-Set-of-4-Superhero-Sneaker-Ornaments.product.H212193.html

It's just such a corny concept to me, and they do so many of them. I can just imagine that 2/3rds of the Disney Christmas stores' ornament stock are just shoes, purses, ear hats, and race cars.

I know there is a market for these, and I'm glad I'm not a fan. This would be so difficult to keep up with.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 03:29 AM

Some of the ornaments are marked down to $10. Looks like it is for today only.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 08:22 AM

You know what...I think Columbus Day was 10/10 last year, so that might have been why we had the $10 Sketchbook sale... And then they had the % off deal that they did not do this year (except doing it the Thursday-Saturday before).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 09:47 AM

Ugh - those shoes aren't even attractive. The Disney ones are more detailed, and the sneakers could have been interesting but there is something off with the shape. So glad I'm not a fan of these. I agree Luckdragon... far too many produced to keep up with. And I wouldn't want my tree overrun (omg there is a pun in there) with shoes.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 09:53 AM

Oh, and after hearing Deana mention for years about ebates I finally joined and saved a little over $7 on my first Disney purchase (almost enough for a free ornament). They currently have a 2% rebate on Disney (was 4% over the weekend), 1% of QVC, 1% on eBay, and 6% on Kohls. If anybody shops online at those places and wants to save a little more, they have a new member referral going on. I think you get a $10 bonus after your first purchase, and I get a bonus for referral. Win/win. Use this link: https://www.ebates.com/r/DIANA4333?eeid=28187

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 10:22 AM

Oh, and after hearing Deana mention for years about ebates I finally joined and saved a little over $7 on my first Disney purchase (almost enough for a free ornament). They currently have a 2% rebate on Disney (was 4% over the weekend), 1% of QVC, 1% on eBay, and 6% on Kohls. If anybody shops online at those places and wants to save a little more, they have a new member referral going on. I think you get a $10 bonus after your first purchase, and I get a bonus for referral. Win/win. Use this link: https://www.ebates.com/r/DIANA4333?eeid=28187

Glad you finally signed up. I just checked my lifetime rewards balance . . . $1,333.43. Not bad for an extra click of the mouse.

I also sometimes do MrRebates . . . lifetime 957.18.

Again not bad and a few more hundred bucks from upromise. Use to LLBean, Anthropologie and Parisian now Belk didn't have the others, only upromise so I'd do that one for them. Usually 5% but sometimes around Christmas many stores double it thru upromise to 10% so that adds up nicely. Edited to add: Just checked and almost another 700.00 with upromise . . . easy money between the 3 for stuff I was going to buy anyways~!!!!

And it is so easy . . . quarterly deposit to your PayPal account and then after it arrives a quick transfer to your bank account if you so desire.

A handy tool for finding the best rebate % or codes or mileage (pretty much all of them) . . . is to click on a site called www.evreward.com THEN type in where you are shopping to find the best codes/rebates to use. Although the new (well I added it maybe 6 months ago) app/button on my computer to automatically remind/click thru ebates . . . guess I should check to see IF there is one for MrRebates too. Now you don't even have to remember, your computer/phone reminds you.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 12:34 PM

WOW Deana! It really does add up!

Received my first shipment. I thought it had everything (it was certainly big enough), but there were four ornaments missing so that must be in a second shipment.

I was so happy to see that some of the white ornament boxes had closable lids, but then dismayed when the old "tape the heck out of it" boxes showed up. For all the griping people do about Hallmark boxes and packing with tissue, they don't use twice the space of the ornament, the boxes are MUCH smaller, and they generally respect keeping them in pretty condition. I can pack two to three Hallmark boxes in the space of one Disney box. And I don't have to retype it every time I take the ornament out and put it back.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 12:44 PM

Yeah, but the regular Disney Store doesn't sell them in boxes, so the box presentation is not important to Disney with the Sketchbook ornaments. My battery-operated ones, delicate ones, special sets, and monthly ornaments stay in their boxes. I toss the other boxes.

Cogsworth and Lumiere sold out from the seller in Japan, and that's the one that sold out on the Japanese Disney Store website. My fingers are crossed that mine make it safely overseas.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 01:02 PM

Yeah, but the regular Disney Store doesn't sell them in boxes, so the box presentation is not important to Disney with the Sketchbook ornaments. My battery-operated ones, delicate ones, special sets, and monthly ornaments stay in their boxes. I toss the other boxes.

Cogsworth and Lumiere sold out from the seller in Japan, and that's the one that sold out on the Japanese Disney Store website. My fingers are crossed that mine make it safely overseas.

You and me both~!!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 01:04 PM

WOW Deana! It really does add up!

I thought some real numbers would give you the motivation and encouragement to always try to remember to "click thru" one of the rebate sites~!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 01:11 PM

Anyone need Ben Ali Gator & Hyacinth Hippo? HURRY!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-in-the-Box-D...t-/202078067357
BIN $10.50. Insane price for one of my favorite Sketchbook ornaments!

Edit: It sold. Hope someone here got it! Seller had no clue how valuable that particular ornament is. Rare.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 03:49 PM

Cute~! Twasn't me~!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 04:38 PM

I was tempted to buy it to see if anyone here wanted it since I figured it was going to go fast. But, I chickened out. It's a beautiful ornament in person. Better sculpt than Hallmark's Fantasia ornament. But Hallmark put the correct colored skirt on Hyacinth Hippo...so...

Hopefully the ornament went to someone who has wanted it for a long time.

Folks, let me know if there are any in particular you are looking for. I search Disney Store ornament fairly regularly on ebay. It's how I've managed to score a few deals myself.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 07:29 PM

Wow! I don't recall seeing that one. Great sculpt and great price.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 08:28 PM

Was there a Pooh/Tigger/Piglet ornament online before? I don't see one now, but did see one in the store today. Pooh has on brown ice-skates. Tigger is on his shoulders and head, and then Piglet is riding on top of Tigger. Pooh is wearing a Santa hat and a red and white striped scarf. Tigger has a red scarf. Piglet is wearing a green and white striped scarf. Is this one new this year, or a repeat from a previous year? The painting on them was kind of messy so I passed.

Also passed on exchanging my Lilo and Scrump for another. The two they had in stock weren't much better than the one I wanted to return.

Even though it was a stock day, they didn't have any Pascal and the Lantern. Did have two Up! houses, one Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Rose, a Grumpy at the Piano. They do not seem to be really piling on the stock like they have in year's past. Maybe this is to cut down on breakage?

Received a 20% off promo code card and was super excited thinking I could use it on top of the $10 sale currently available online (not in the store... those were still marked $12 each when you buy two), but unfortunately it doesn't start until October 16th.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/10/17 08:36 PM

Yep, there had been a Pooh/Tigger/Piglet "piggy back/shoulders" ornament. I didn't buy it but did notice it because it reminded me of some newer Jim Shore pieces with same characters/pose and also he has one same pose with either Fab 4 or 5.

Is search for Sketchbook still showing 74 as the result?

That is what it was last time I looked yesterday sometime.

Lucky you having a local store.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 12:21 AM

Well, it's a good 25 to 30 minutes away, but yeah, I realize that is still better than for a lot of people who don't have a store at all.

Thanks for the info on the Pooh ornament. So then so far there hasn't been a store-only exclusive this year...

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 07:54 AM

Ornaments are back to $12 each when you buy 2.

Still haven't placed my order. Probably wait for a new sale, or at least free shipping.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 08:10 AM

Well, it's a good 25 to 30 minutes away, but yeah, I realize that is still better than for a lot of people who don't have a store at all.

Thanks for the info on the Pooh ornament. So then so far there hasn't been a store-only exclusive this year...

Here, 25-30 minutes is the norm for pretty much any store. Of course that is 25-30 minutes minimum traffic . . . but always at least 20 miles away for anything other than a grocery store, gas station or drug store~! So many times Amazon Prime is so much easier. Seems I get a package(s) from either USPS, UPS or FedEx almost daily, even now on Sundays from USPS~!!! blush

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 08:19 AM

Also passed on exchanging my Lilo and Scrump for another. The two they had in stock weren't much better than the one I wanted to return.

So you already received your order from last week with 12.00 each less up to 25% for 100.00+ purchases?

Usually I get mine very quickly . . . but seems I have 1 package arriving today and 2 of them tomorrow . . . as they are coming from Ontario CA instead of the usual Memphis TN.

So that is maybe why you received yours so much faster this time around~!

Crossing fingers for good paint jobs on all of mine~! I was tempted to order a few extra's last night but kinda forgot about it . . . with the 10.00 each and then 10% off with DRVCMEMBER code . . . but alas I did not . . . what with the Japan order too . . .

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 08:22 AM

I was tempted to buy it to see if anyone here wanted it since I figured it was going to go fast. But, I chickened out. It's a beautiful ornament in person. Better sculpt than Hallmark's Fantasia ornament. But Hallmark put the correct colored skirt on Hyacinth Hippo...so...

Hopefully the ornament went to someone who has wanted it for a long time.

Folks, let me know if there are any in particular you are looking for. I search Disney Store ornament fairly regularly on ebay. It's how I've managed to score a few deals myself.

luckdragon, I should probably take a looksie @ your Sketchbook photo album and see what "would love to have's" from years gone by before I started buying Sketchbooks. That could get expensive YIKES . . . thanks so much for the generous offer of helping find them~!!!!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 01:55 PM

Received 2 boxes from USPS today. Not much.

One box had my Villains Play Set Figures . . . wonder what kinda of cake I could make using those? Hmmmmmm Planning Coconut for the Frozen but am drawing a blank on the Villains . . . something chocolate would be too dark. The Villains set will be nice . . . haven't received other ordered sets.

The other contained ONLY 2 ornaments. The Chip & Dale Glass "bauble" and the Aristocats. The Aristocats chair was broken off from the base. Will wait for boxes scheduled for tomorrow and ? to assess all the remaining ornaments . . . before calling for replacement(s).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/11/17 07:02 PM

Got all of my Disney Store order in two different boxes today! Everything was great, even the Frozen ornament had good eye placement on those tiny characters. Got some Hallmark order stuff today.

I ordered this set of tea towels: https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/kitchen/kitchen-linens/carolers-tea-towels-set-of-2-1MJB4632.html

It arrived, but the second towel wasn't the one pictured. It was from this set:
https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/kitchen/k...2-1MJB4631.html

And if you read the product description, the towel pictured and the towel received don't even match the description. Very strange. Wish it had been the other towel, but at least the carolers are right. I guess the towel I got is more year-round than the one I was expecting.

Coco set was really well-done. Very similar to the Moana set. The precision in painting the small details is impressive. I plan to review it on Youtube once I see the movie.

Huey, Dewey, Louie hangs crooked (tilts sideways on Huey's side), and the placement of the metal rod with the eyelet is so strange.

Very pleased with the Chip 'n Dale one! Wish it wasn't in the glass bauble and had just been a figural, but it's pretty.

I wish the water on the Rescuers was more like the water on the Ugly Duckling or Lambert, but it's still a nice sculpt.

Aristocats is very cute. Smaller than I expected. The Aristocats ones tend to be harder to find on ebay. I would love to have the one with the whole cat family on the chair. Have all of them but that one. Hope one day they do Scat Cat. And the geese.

Lady's adorable. Been wanting Hallmark to do that ornament for years. Thank you, Disney Store!

The Frozen one's fine. Detailed, etc.

Grumpy's got wonderful details. I would say better than the Frozen one.

Aladdin's lamp is great, but I'm miffed that this is the only ornament for this movie's 25th anniversary (minus frilly Jasmine). The movie's called "Aladdin," you would think Aladdin would have an ornament. I would have picked him gripping the edge of the carpet as he and Abu are trying to fly out of the Cave of Wonders. I also would have reissued the "A Whole New World" ornament. I remember this movie was huge when I was a kid. It was the first Disney movie to get a direct-to-video sequel (I consider "Saludos Amigos" to be the first Disney movie with a sequel, and then "The Rescuers").

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/12/17 08:53 AM

Deana pointed out that the Art of Snow White set is available online today!

https://www.shopdisney.com/art-of-snow-white-ornament-set-limited-edition-1435793

I had to rationalize its price as, "Well, with no monthly ornament series, that saves me over $240 a year." It's like getting this set for free. laugh

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/12/17 01:18 PM

Wow, it's gorgeous!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/12/17 06:26 PM

Nice! And ebates is offering double rebate (4% instead of 2%). I wish the 20% off was working now...

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/12/17 06:42 PM

I'd watch for a code IF you order. Within two weeks of it's ship date and try to get an adjustment. Wonder how
long they will last???

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/12/17 10:02 PM

luckdragon,

Thanks for the tip on the Cogsworth and Lumiere ornament from the Japanese seller-I bought one too--fingers crossed for a smooth transaction.

Since I waited for Columbus Day to buy my ornaments, I missed Pascal with Lantern which is my favorite of the 2017 line. I've been in contact with my semi-local store checking on new shipments for Pascal with no luck so far. So, I checked EBay again and just purchased Pascal for $18.99/free ship. I can live with that priceÖI would have paid out 9.75% in sales tax, used gas, dealt with mall frustration not to mention my time. Website may replenish, but I'll be glad to have this ornament in hand.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/13/17 09:29 AM

Okay, today it is 25% off select Holiday merchandise. ONLY the merchandise here:
https://www.shopdisney.com/25-off-holiday

The buy 2 or more Sketchbooks for $12 each is still going on, so you can get them for $9 each.

The Star Wars limited edition ornament set does count for the sale. It is the only ornament set that counts (besides the frilly princess set, but I think it's cheaper if you buy those individually).

Stan, have you seen the Star Wars nutcrackers on the site?
https://www.shopdisney.com/darth-vader-nutcracker-10-1449598
lol

I'm loving this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/bambi-retro-sign-1447734

But, I just bought the Snow White set yesterday, so I'll have to wait. Maybe it'll get reduced as we get closer to Christmas... There's a retro ceramic tree, and it has images of the plush ornaments on it. Love those plush ornaments! You can get them much cheaper on ebay (I scored Bambi for $1 and some change plus shipping several weeks ago). I have the Mr. Christmas one from QVC, and love it, so I need not buy this one. Hallmark's doing one next year. Nice that retro is in, since that's my favorite decorating style!

You're welcome, Vixen! I think the seller just had four, so you bought one, I bought one, and Deana bought one (I think). Really looking forward to getting it!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/14/17 12:16 AM

Deana pointed out that the Art of Snow White set is available online today!

https://www.shopdisney.com/art-of-snow-white-ornament-set-limited-edition-1435793

I had to rationalize its price as, "Well, with no monthly ornament series, that saves me over $240 a year." It's like getting this set for free. laugh

Can't afford not to buy it! smile

I'm passing, but it is indeed gorgeous.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/14/17 01:45 PM

Steve Thompson pointed out in a post on facebook yesterday that "his" sculpts of this set were now available @ Disney Store. I made the comment that I had ordered mine and had been searching the website for weeks and weeks for them. Then he "liked" my comment.

Since I'm a fan of his Sketchbook ornaments, and he rarely posts about them, maybe once, maybe twice a year when they are initially introduced or a new limited series . . . I try to comment about them.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/14/17 01:49 PM

You're welcome, Vixen! I think the seller just had four, so you bought one, I bought one, and Deana bought one (I think). Really looking forward to getting it!

Yep~! I bought all four of the B&TB designs from this seller. Crossing fingers and toes they arrive safely. With the code on Columbus Day . . . couldn't beat the price for all four which was barely more than what the Cogsworth/Lumiere sold for on eBay recently.

Excited to receive them.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/15/17 05:26 AM

So you already received your order from last week with 12.00 each less up to 25% for 100.00+ purchases?
Yup, the majority showed up (14 ornaments) in a HUGE box. I received a notice two days later that the rest (five more ornaments) were being shipped. They didn't show up two days after the first box did though, probably a weekend between the dates threw it off. The five later shippers were Bernard and Bianca, Chip and Dale, King Louie, Aristocats, and the monthly Casey at Bat.

Did anybody else order more with the two for $12 each sale and 25% off Holiday JOY code? I decided to get a few more (the $9 price is fabulous - and this way if Pascal shows up in the mall I can just do an exchange and get it at the sale price instead of buying it at full price or the $12 sale if that is still going on).

I've found the Disney ornaments go over great at Hallmark club gift exchange events. When you have a Hallmark ornament in the gift exchange, so often people will already have the ornament, or if they don't have the ornaments it's simply because they decided to pass on it so don't really want it. Or if you use a past-year's edition the values are so low that even if you paid a pretty penny for it they don't seem appreciated. But the Disney ornaments are received with surprise and oohs and ahhs. Probably just the novelty of seeing something different for Hallmark collectors.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/15/17 08:18 PM

Stan, have you seen the Star Wars nutcrackers on the site?
https://www.shopdisney.com/darth-vader-nutcracker-10-1449598
lol

Thanks for the info Amanda. They do look nice.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 01:07 PM

I'm extremely angry at the Disney Store right now. I got my Art of Snow White set and happily opened the box. The lid was upside down. The lid is dirty and disgusting. The box has scratches on the back, the lid has been removed and re-taped. One side was not even re-taped. One piece of tape has two strands of human hair attached to it. The ornaments are luckily intact, though Snow White's arm has a stress crack. Not that big of a deal (better than broken).

I've contacted them asking them how they're going to make this right. This looks like a returned item. Check out some of these pictures I took.

Upside down lid:

Dirty lid:

Box tape with human hair (you can see the old tape under it):

I asked them in the email (sent with pictures), if they saw this in a store, would they spend $200 on it?

Who packaged this order? Seriously. Usually these have a white box over the product. Mine was just loose in the box. Who looked at this and thought it was okay to ship?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 02:47 PM

Oh dear. I thought mine would arrive today but so far no notification from USPS or UPS. Weird sometimes I haven't been getting them, either emails or texts, and Disney spells everything the same as every other package I receive.

That is HORRIBLE packaging. I hope you hear they are willing to cut 20-25% OR more off and send you a coupon code for that amount or an outright refund back to your method of payment.

I've never received such a shabby package from Disney Store . . . broken items yes but not obviously used & returned like that. YIKES.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 05:24 PM

luckdragon,
I received my Cogsworth and Lumiere today. Everything looks good. How about you?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 05:49 PM

Oh dear. I thought mine would arrive today but so far no notification from USPS or UPS. Weird sometimes I haven't been getting them, either emails or texts, and Disney spells everything the same as every other package I receive.

That is HORRIBLE packaging. I hope you hear they are willing to cut 20-25% OR more off and send you a coupon code for that amount or an outright refund back to your method of payment.

I've never received such a shabby package from Disney Store . . . broken items yes but not obviously used & returned like that. YIKES.

They called and said they could either send out a new set after I mailed back that one (but would not guarantee they could send it if it sold out before I returned this one) or credit me back 10%. I took the 10% since the paint jobs are flawless on these and no guarantee about the next ones having bad worse problems than a cracked elbow. Very frustrated by the whole experience. It's not the person who called's fault, and I'm guessing 10% is the most they're allowed to do. If the set had had a broken ornament or gnarly paint jobs, I might have gambled sending it back. But, the paint job on each is extremely good. At least I'll only have to look at the box twice a year (getting decor out, putting it away).

Haven't received my order from Japan. No tracking number makes it difficult. I know I have a package from Japan that passed customs, but it's a doll. And another package that passed customs in New York from Thailand, so maybe it's with those, in NYC.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Vixen

luckdragon,
I received my Cogsworth and Lumiere today. Everything looks good. How about you?

Nothing here . . . yet. Crossing fingers & toes~!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 06:51 PM

They called and said they could either send out a new set after I mailed back that one (but would not guarantee they could send it if it sold out before I returned this one) or credit me back 10%. I took the 10% since the paint jobs are flawless on these and no guarantee about the next ones having bad worse problems than a cracked elbow. Very frustrated by the whole experience. It's not the person who called's fault, and I'm guessing 10% is the most they're allowed to do. If the set had had a broken ornament or gnarly paint jobs, I might have gambled sending it back. But, the paint job on each is extremely good. At least I'll only have to look at the box twice a year (getting decor out, putting it away).

Haven't received my order from Japan. No tracking number makes it difficult. I know I have a package from Japan that passed customs, but it's a doll. And another package that passed customs in New York from Thailand, so maybe it's with those, in NYC.

Last year with B&TB set . . . after receiving broken set, nothing as bad as your packaging . . . they said they'd reserve one for me . . . I didn't "trust" that so re-ordered and made them send me a return label vs. me having to pay to return it.

10% seems paltry. But I guess it is what it is. The flawless paint jobs are very high up on the priority list so that is good vs. risking receiving a broken set.

Still no package but UPS has been running as late as 7-7:30 p.m. these days and it is still October~! So maybe later tonight.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/18/17 08:24 PM

Mine arrived about 7:30. So far looks PERFECT but I haven't removed the lid. Gotta do my second treadmill session for the evening.

luckdragon, IF I were you, I'd be tempted to order a replacement, request a postage paid return label for the messed up set . . . and then when the new set arrives, IF it is perfect keep it . . . IF not swap the lids out and return the less than perfect set.

Not sure the 10% is worth the human hair and messed up presentation of this beautiful set.

Can't wait to open mine and make sure they are ALL just right but from thru the lid the paint jobs all look really good and this time no broken little bird from Snow's hand in the yellow dress.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/20/17 08:20 PM

Hmm...Beast in the tub must be in the US stores. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Sk...7-/382256629679

Still nothing from Japan for me. frown

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/20/17 09:00 PM

Nothing for me either. frown

As far as B&M stores . . . not one within several hundred miles of me. We lost ours ages ago and so did Nashville & Birmingham. I'm not sure IF there is still an outlet store at outlet mall near Opryland . . . they were flooded very bad several years ago and haven't been there in ages. When the kids were much younger we'd go up and have lunch @ The Rainforest Cafe and pop in the outlet store and Build A Bear. smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/21/17 03:05 PM

Got both of my ornaments from Japan today! Both are perfect! So happy to finally get these. The Cogsworth/Lumiere ornament is better than I expected too! So cute!

I'm going to have to remember this seller in case this happens again in the future where overseas gets reissues or unique ornaments. The outer carton they came in is so adorable with the cute bears and Disney characters.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/22/17 09:26 AM

Still no package from Japan for me. frown

Maybe tomorrow~!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/22/17 05:01 PM

Oh and I think I ordered a couple of days later too which factors into shipping . . . I ordered that Monday on Columbus Day~!

Whew . . . just finished inspecting my 2 huge and 1 small box of Disney Store ornaments. Does anyone else dread opening all those boxes and styrofoam etc. and the tape around each styrofoam insert? What a MESS I made with little white pieces of styrofoam all over the living room floor.

The other 3rd huge box was my Disney Play Set Figurines . . . what nice little figurines they are . . . these will be so fun to decorate cake with or kids to play with in the future down the long windy road. wink

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/22/17 07:11 PM

I'm not a fan of how the Disney Store ornaments are boxed. I usually resize the box they come in and throw out the Styrofoam. I prefer bubble wrap.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/23/17 07:56 AM

Woo Hoo the package from Japan finally showed up in my tracking emails from the USPS. I'm signed up for emails/texts from USPS, UPS & FedEx . . . amazing it made it from Japan to NY, NY from late afternoon drop off on the 13th to the 16th, and processed thru facility in NY on the 16th . . . but yet has taken to the 23rd to get to the USPS facility in Huntsville @ 5 something this a.m. and usually that means it will be to my little post office later this a.m. and in my mailbox by noon-ish. Not bad. Eleven days total . . . and most lengthy portion of the journey was in the U.S.A.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/23/17 11:48 AM

Oh My Gosh . . . these four were worth the wait. All four are wonderful. To get these re-released B&TB Sketchbook pieces at these prices was a fantastic deal . . . and add that to the discount on Columbus Day either sponsored by eBay or PayPal, I think the latter . . . . LOVE THEM.

And such excellent packaging by the seller. Each in their box/styrofoam and then each wrapped in smaller bubble wrap and then entire interior of box surrounded by medium sized bubble wrap. A+++++.

luckdragon, this seller is definitely worth watching in the future for either Japan exclusives or older re-released Sketchbooks. Thanks so much for the tip that lead me to obtaining these 4 ornaments as I certainly wouldn't have been able to purchase at the eBay going rates here in the USA . . . each would have easily been quadruple the price I paid including shipping. I have all four for the price I would have more than likely paid for just ONE.

Made My Day/Week~!!!!

edit:

p.s. I did have to sign for the package as it was sent Registered Mail. Since mine was 4 . . . not sure IF seller sent where y'all had to sign too.

I felt like Toy Story 2 in reverse . . . getting a package from Al's Toy Barn in Japan~!!! haha

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/23/17 02:16 PM

That's interesting that you had to sign. They just left mine on the porch, yet my package of two My Child dolls from Thailand and package with my new Pullip doll from Japan arrived the same day but I got the notice of they couldn't deliver since no one was home, blah, blah, blah. No worries, I swung by the post office on my way home and got them, but strange...

Glad you like them! laugh I'm still not a fan of Belle's eyes on the one. Maybe I'll go buy a fine line brown Sharpie one day to correct them.

And yes, the seller knew what he or she was doing with the packaging. To give free shipping like that with those prices, they probably barely broke even.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/25/17 05:51 PM

Oh, I just ordered another Art of Snow White set and will hopefully get a good one because, now it's 40% off. Bull.

Good time to buy it. I'm really ticked off that they did this sale though on a limited item they haven't even had for a month.

The Star Wars limited set, Marvel limited set, and Disney Designers limited set are also 40% off. The miniature ornament sets also count.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/27/17 10:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the Art of Snow White and the Star Wars set at 40% off. Even at 40% off I feel like the Marvel set is overpriced, so passed on that. It's too bad the Frozen and Coco sets were not part of the deal or I would have thrown those in the cart as well.

Noticed they limit purchase to one, or I would have purchased two of the Snow White sets, just so that I could pick and choose to keep one really good set. Does anybody know when I'm eligible to purchase another? Does it just have to be a different purchase (same day) or could I do it the next day? The 40% off sale ends Saturday.

Saw that somebody on eBay sold Snow White in her drudgery dress separately from the set and it went for $41 plus shipping! I guess if that's the only piece in the collection you really wanted it makes it more cost effective, but still I was surprised it went that high.

I also noticed the triple Pooh characters in the Sketchbook line for sale online so that's not a Disney Store exclusive. I wonder if they'll have a Disney Store exclusive this year? They also are selling Beast in the Bathtub again this year. That was my "must have" last year. It's a great design.

Pascal with the Lantern has not popped back up online, so I may see if they have any in the Disney store today.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/27/17 02:17 PM

No idea how soon you can order. Maybe within 24 hours? The Marvel setís price makes it $9 each, which isnít bad. Iíll go see the Marvel movies, but I have no interest in the ornaments.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/28/17 02:36 PM

And I had ordered mine a week or so ago. And whoever packed it, it was great. They had wrapped the whole box in bubble wrap and shipped info a big box with lots of brown shipping paper to cushion it. It is still available though.
Hmmmmmmm, do I need another one? :-)

Angela

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/28/17 05:57 PM

I was able to place another order for the Art of Snow White today at 40% off. Yippee!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/30/17 05:40 AM

We have a new set of ornaments this morning! Stan, you were wondering about Star Wars, well we got a set of 6 ornaments for "The Last Jedi."
https://www.shopdisney.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-ornament-set-1452903

It does not say it is limited, so I'm going to wait for a sale. Friends and Family should pop up in November. Love the Luke Skywalker ornament and the Finn ornament. Rey on the other hand...lol not a good one. The one from last year was a good likeness. The others are in the middle.

Star Wars 40th anniversary limited set finally sold out. Debuted in May, so took a long time. I guess the bonus 40% off really helped it.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/30/17 07:49 AM

Thanks for the info Amanda. I like the set. Wish the ornaments were bigger then 3 inches. Definitely will wait for a sale. 40% would be great. I'd buy the set for around $40.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/31/17 10:56 AM

We've got a sale now. 20% off $75 or more or 25% off $150 or more.

Luckily, I always buy toys for Toys for Tots from the Disney Store, so I'm able to get "The Last Jedi" for 25% off! Got the animator doll Cinderella for myself as well (they're on sale for $20, so with the discount, that's more than $10 off retail).

For Toys for Tots, I got the Belle animator doll and Tod and Copper medium plush. I also got plush Sorcerer Mickey, which I buy every year for Toys for Tots.

If the animator dolls hadn't been on sale, I may have skipped doing this, but that's a great deal to get them for $15 each, and I've wanted the Cinderella one for a while. She wasn't available through most of 2016 and more than half of 2017.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/31/17 02:02 PM

I put a few things in my cart to see what would happen with the sale... the Last Jedi set was discounted, but the Olaf's Frozen Adventure set did not have the discount applied. Well pooh and bother.

The Art of Snow White set also doesn't get the discount applied, which is really weird that they'd take a 40% off of it, but not 20 or 25%.

I've decided to wait on the Last Jedi since I've bought so much recently. It's too bad they didn't release that set earlier so I could have purchased it when I bought most of the other ornaments.

Do you think this is it for US ornament releases, or is there still hope for more characters?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 10/31/17 04:04 PM

Art of Snow White and Olaf's Frozen Adventure are considered limited, so the site's just doing as it was programmed to do. The 40% off was definitely better, and part of me wonders if that was an oops that they put it into that sale.

There's always a chance for more releases, but I think this is it except possibly ornament sets.

Speaking of ornament sets, I got my Art of Snow White set today! New, new, new! It had the outer carton with a sleeve of plastic over the whole thing and the original tape. Snow White with the candle had no cracks, so I was golden! I did go through and compare all of the paint jobs and exchanged about half of them. For little things except the prince's eyes. Newer set had his right eye looking too far over (poor guy). So, I was happy to have the older set to exchange them. Old, horrible D23 reject set will be heading back to Disney.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/05/17 06:09 AM

The bonus 40% off sale is back, so you can get the Art of Snow White set, the Marvel set, and the Disney Designers Set for 40% off as well as the miniature ornament sets.

Star Wars sold out, and I'm happy The Last Jedi isn't a part of this (would have annoyed me).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/05/17 08:15 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

NO Deana. You do not need a second set.

Funny thing, people still have them for 300+ & even 400+ over on the bay.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/06/17 06:03 AM

Belle singing ornament has shown up on the site, so I guess we weren't done after all.

It's still kind of sad that they didn't do a Snow White exclusive like how they did with Aurora in 2014, Jasmine in 2015, and Belle in 2016 (same years each of them were the focus of the Art of line). She also should have had a singing ornament. Bummer. The singing ornaments are so disappointing this year. What, 4 repeats and only 2 new ones?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/06/17 07:02 AM

Also looks like the Art of Snow White ornaments FINALLY sold out. I figured they'd sell out quickly after the first round @ 40% off but apparently Round 2 did the trick. Or at least it didn't show up on my "search" last night. Crazy what some of the "individual" ornaments fetch on eBay, even the B&TB set from last year has some spendy individual ornaments.

Early Bird F&F 25%, I think it was 25% and not 20%, starts tomorrow for Disney Rewards Visa Cardholders.

I'll have to look around and see what I can get. Hope they have some new Christmas tshirts . . . for our trip, I think mine from last year might be too big . . . which is a good thing.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/06/17 02:16 PM

Most of the Sketchbook line are expensive on the secondary market. Iíve seen some that are over $100. Definitely higher resell value over Hallmark Disney ornaments.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/08/17 12:28 PM

Received my first Snow White Set and the Star Wars set. Art of Snow White looks fabulous. Love the packaging on the Star Wars set, but the paint jobs are kind of meh on the actual ornaments, especially the faces.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/08/17 01:01 PM

I'll go ahead and tell you that "The Last Jedi" set ornaments are in the same scale as the Star Wars set. But, I don't think "The Last Jedi" ones are resin. They feel like the plastic Hallmark uses, to be honest. If they are resin, then I've been fooled. I'm glad they're in the same scale though. Maybe if they keep doing these sets for the other movies (I won't buy Episodes I-III, but I would buy "Empire Strikes Back," "Return of the Jedi," "The Force Awakens," and "Rogue One"), they could make a nice tree someday.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/11/17 04:58 PM

Since no one's mentioned it yet, it is Friends & Family weekend. 25% off your order.

I went ahead and finished up my Sketchbook ornaments for the year:

Maleficent
Lilo & Scrump
Moana frilly princess
Rapunzel frilly princess
Mickey & Minnie Hawaiian Vacation
Miguel singing

Also bought the Disney Parks Cogsworth to go with the Lumiere. I'll probably buy Mrs. Potts and Chip eventually. I like Cogsworth better than that one though.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/12/17 10:20 PM

I finished up mine tonight. Ordered a couple of "second" ornaments for a few. Chip & Dale Glass Globe ornament/bauble sold out and so did the Parks ornament of Sven before I finally placed my order this weekend.

Also added the Coco play figurine set and the Moana. Looking forward to using the Coco set on a cake @ Halloween with my Halloween Fiesta Tablescape.

Also added the new Jim Shore Carved by Heart piece for Tangled. Love the Carved by Heart pieces he does for Disney. Looks like the new Mulan Storybook piece is already gone from the Disney site. Other new piece I want to add is the 3 Fairies. Local supply is almost nil with a minimal selection @ Hallmark and pretty much all other collectible stores in our ares are GONE.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/13/17 07:33 PM

Okay now, this is adorable:
https://www.shopdisney.com/baymax-ornament-big-hero-6-1452663

They added in some more Disney Parks ornaments.

This one's really interesting:
https://www.shopdisney.com/walt-disney-resort-railroad-ornament-1452453

Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each.

I still have my Cars 3 code, so I'll wait and see if there will be a free shipping promo by the 19th.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 07:22 AM

FREESHIP today. Any order. Restrictions apply. Today Only.

If you have any stragglers or items but not up to 75.00, today would be a good day to order.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 10:46 AM

There's yet another Enchanted Rose! Disney Parks version:
https://www.shopdisney.com/beauty-and-the-beast-enchanted-rose-ornament-1452451

I like Santa Mickey with the Castle:
https://www.shopdisney.com/santa-mickey-and-cinderella-castle-ornament-1337558
(There's also a Santa Mickey and Minnie with a teeny castle inside a glass teardrop.)

And Santa Mickey with Pluto looks very similar to the two Hallmark ornaments this year, but you get them both for under $22
https://www.shopdisney.com/santa-mickey-mouse-and-pluto-ornament-1337168

Figment in a Santa hat looks creepy to me:
https://www.shopdisney.com/figment-holiday-ornament-1336063

Nope, nope, no, no, no.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 11:22 AM

Figment in a Santa hat looks creepy to me:
https://www.shopdisney.com/figment-holiday-ornament-1336063

Nope, nope, no, no, no.

Now that you mention it . . . he does look like a cross between a dragon and some prehistoric dinosaur like bird creature with that pointy mouth/tongue.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 07:30 PM

Magical rush $7 ornaments!

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 07:47 PM

Sadly, my Cars 3 code does not work. Grr. Called Shop Disney. They said they were going to send me a new code that takes up to 24 hours to arrive. Grr. I was going to buy the Baymax and the Enchanted Rose ornament (Parks version).

Hopefully it's non-expiring since the free shipping ends tonight.

Did buy three ornaments during Magic Rush: Cinderella's slipper, Cri-Kee, and Belle in the yellow dress. Code is CHEER

Glad Diana pointed it out since I forgot to order the slipper on my last order. And now I'll have frilly dress Belle in all three dress colors (pink, blue, and yellow). I just need a frilly Cinderella, Anna, and Elena. I'm surprised Elena was not in the line-up for the frilly princesses this year. Maybe next year. Anna looks way too skinny in both versions they've done, and I've not seen a Cinderella one I've liked yet except maybe the huge dress ones from early on. I have the Giselle like that, and it's just too big to want more. Giselle's hard to find. They never do products for her anymore.

I was going to buy another Beast in the bathtub since he's so cute, but he's sold out. Oh well. Still have my original, don't really need an extra, and I have a 1990s Enesco ornament called "Beauty for the Beast" (one of the best titles for an ornament). Give that one a look-up. He's in the tub too.

Oh, and do yourselves a favor and search Sketchbook ornaments instead of clicking on Magic Rush. Clicking on it, it didn't bring up all of the ornaments and repeated several (I saw Beast in the tub, the sold out ornament three times, and Cri-Kee was nowhere in sight). I hate the new site. Trying to look at new releases yesterday was a nightmare. It had the Chip nutcracker next to itself and one in the row below. I finally just gave up and searched for the ornaments to find the new Christmas ornaments from the Parks.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 08:04 PM

Magical Rush code is CHEER. Use it in combo with the FREESHIP. But it is not good with DRVCMEMBER or the 20 or 25% off promos (don't know why those are showing up when they expired days ago. So annoying.)

The ornaments are selling out like hotcakes. Jiminy in the rain drop (glass) is gone from the site. Beast in bath sold out. Singing Ariel sold out. Singing Moana sold out. Enchanted Rose, Up House, and more have sold out. If there is anything else you wanted to get don't wait !

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 08:28 PM

I'm done with Sketchbook for 2017. smile

Earlier I did order Steve the holiday tee with Grumpy/lights . . . 12.00 . . . 1/2 price and FREE shipping. Probably the cheapest order EVER @ Disney Store for me. hahahaha

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 08:39 PM

We'll have to remember for next year that come week before Thanksgiving that the Sketchbooks are pretty much wiped out. When I searched earlier today it was 55 results, although just now it was 65 . . . and it started out around 75-77 . . . their website drives me crazy.

The new & improved Shop Disney site . . . is far from improved. Argh.

Finding the "newest" items is basically a useless function these days. And to think they fired American workers and hired via H1B Visa's . . . imported CHEAP LABOR. And this is what they produced? Please. Hire back the Americans. And pay them what they are obviously worth as their old site was quite good and functional. Rant Over. smile

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 09:05 PM

Still no replacement code and Baymax sold out. So much for "it says it takes 24 hours, but usually it shows up in minutes." Uh huh. Lies. I'll be calling again once the 24-hour period is up, explaining that waiting on the code cost me the free shipping code and the product I was going to buy sold out. This is ridiculous.

Baymax should show up on ebay eventually. Usually for a better price.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 09:40 PM

Here are the Sketchbook sell-outs now that the promotion is over:

Beast in tub
Belle singing
Buzz Lightyear
Chip 'n Dale
Duchess and Thomas O'Malley
Enchanted Rose
Grumpy
Huey, Dewey, and Louie
Jiminy Cricket
Mickey & Minnie Hawaiian Holiday
Moana singing
Pascal
Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet
Tinkerbell glass globe (I really hope they make the Neverland sculpt from this ornament bigger and just sell that since I would love that as its own ornament)
Up house

I really wish Pocahontas and Mulan were not holding presents. I love their sculpts, but the wrapped gifts look so odd. Why would they have wrapped gifts like that? Gah! Driving me bonkers. They just needed Meeko and Little Brother with them (or Mushu).

Oh, and the limit to adding things to your bag is 50 btw. I think I was driving the site nuts trying to add things to the bag to see if they had sold out.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 09:58 PM

Some of the ones you mention Luckydragon are still available to buy such as the Up house.

Turns out I should of waited to buy all the ones I wanted this year but for Chip n' Dale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 10:59 PM

I'm glad I didn't wait on some of the ones I wanted, as many were sold out during the magical rush.

Wow that is the fastest sold out and then back in stock ever!

I would have ordered an extra Up House had it been available during the Magical Rush. It definitely had "sold out" when I clicked to look at it. Ditto Beast in the bathtub.

I checked to see if Baymax was also back in stock, but alas, he isn't. But remember how some of the Parks ornaments were in and out then in again then out again several times last year? I wouldn't give up Luckdragon... keep watching.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 11:04 PM

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be back in stock. And Disney over-refunded me for my Art of Snow White set. Told them on the return receipt that they had refunded me 10% already, and they still gave me back the total. I'll still call them though since I was promised the code.

But, you can catch some of the Parks ornaments cheaper on ebay. I think I got the Bambi/Thumper one for like $12.50. Not that I recall seeing the website have it. It's the one where Bambi is sliding on the ice with Thumper caught between his front legs. You know, the scene you would have thought Hallmark would have done for the anniversary Christmas ornament instead of doing a springtime scene with Flower.

Up House was not in stock when I posted the list. Some of the ones I posted look like they're in stock, but if you try to add them to your bag, they say they're sold out. Up House was like that, and I guess it could have been a glitch or some people may have cancelled their orders.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 11:07 PM

Oh, and Luckdragon, I totally agree with you about the presents taking away from the designs for Pocahontas and Mulan. I also have a gripe about the Jasmine ornament wearing a bare midriff with a winter-themed outfit. What the heck?

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/14/17 11:11 PM

Yeah, I didn't even bother mentioning Jasmine. Don't like her with a present, but I don't care for her sculpt at all either, so even if it was Abu with her, I wouldn't be interested.
Posted by: SorcererDonald

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/15/17 01:42 AM

luckdragon, if you happen to have an iPhone, you can download the Shop Disney Parks App for free. It has most of the Walt Disney World merchandise on there to purchase. They have the Baymax ornament on there and free shipping until Wednesday night. They donít take Disney Store coupons but they do give the Disney Visa discount and Annual Passholder discount if you have one of those. They have sales off and on too. A 25% off sale just wrapped up Sunday night.

They have a ton of ornaments that are not on the Shop Disney/Disney Store site. Some are in-store purchase only but a lot arenít. Usually, with a few exceptions, itís mostly the ones that are only sold in the Epcot World Showcase pavilions that are restricted.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/15/17 06:56 AM

Works for Android phones too. I placed an order yesterday and another day before. My Disney Visa code worked but not their special codes that came in the last newsletter. Oh well, still happy to have access . . . the items for Monday's order were going double the price on eBay. Whew. I would have not gotten them otherwise IF not for the app.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/15/17 03:54 PM

Finally placed my order. Should arrive by the end of the week.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/15/17 04:36 PM

I wouldn't have wanted to order the ornament without the code since the quality of the Parks ornaments is about the same as the Sketchbook ornaments, so they're overpriced by at least $5. I never pay full price for the Parks ornaments.

Guess what? Still no code, so I've emailed them to see if that gets faster results. Can't stand to be promised something and not have it delivered.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/20/17 03:05 PM

Finally got my code from the Disney Store. Won't expire until 12/31/18. So, I'll save it.

If I wore makeup, I would be tempted by the Snow White products they added today. The containers are adorable. Blush, lipstick, etc.

Love the new watches for Snow White, Evil Queen, and Cinderella. But, I don't pay that much for watches (they're $129.95 each). I have a lot of cute character watches, and I don't think I've ever paid more than $30 (and that was for the Lady and the Tramp 50th anniversary watch). If I was going to go after the expensive Disney watches, I would go after the Fossil watches. Most are pretty affordable, and they have so many interesting ones. Alas, I have too many watches. Several need new bands (my nerd Stitch watch that everyone loves now needs to be replaced), and my Peter Pan/Wendy lost it's cover for the winding stem, so I need to get that fixed... I'll deal with some of the bands after Christmas. I have no idea how to figure out the size of the bands online.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/21/17 04:53 PM

Magical Rush on "Holiday Decor" but the ornaments aren't on sale (I checked on the Frozen music and boxed set, as well as Baymax).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/24/17 08:20 PM

Ornaments are what, little over $6 right now for Black Friday? Also, it looks like several are back in stock.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/25/17 03:42 PM

The price must have changed because the ornaments are listed at $10 each plus 20% off which puts them at $8.

However, the Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornaments are 20% (including the big limited set), and the Coco and Star Wars ornaments as well. I think this is the first time all of these are hitting a sale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/25/17 08:12 PM

They were like $8.47 at one point on Friday and then you got 20% off. I didn't bother ordering any. I think once Friday was over was when they increased the prices since it wasn't Black "Friday" anymore.

But, I got a mystery offer today from Hot Topic. It was going to be 30%, 40%, or 50%. I got the 50%, so I went to get some blind bag keychains and then looked around. Searched Beauty and the Beast, and the watch I stalked from March through October before giving up hope it would ever be in stock again was suddenly back in stock! YAY! Naturally, I bought that. The keychains weren't enough to definitely secure an order from me, but that watch sealed the deal. I've also spent so much at Hot Topic, that I was boosted up to VIP a few months ago. Now, I get shipping for $2, which is pretty sweet.

Watch:
https://www.hottopic.com/product/disney-beauty-and-the-beast-charm-watch/10800886.html

I have the Alice watch that is just like that. Interesting thing is that that one is now permanently sold out (ie the page no longer exists).

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/25/17 08:59 PM

I FINALLY received my ParksShopDisney order(s) today. Whew. Took forever. I was getting worried as one item was now only available in stores @ WDW and some were reporting one of the pair broken. The Chip & Dale tall full size nutcrackers. So very, very well done. Not cheap or tacky at all. These will go GREAT with with my Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald from about maybe 10-15 years ago from The Disney Store which were also very nicely done. So now I can put Mickey, Minnie and Goofy together at one end of fireplace, and Donald & Chip & Dale on the other on years that I go all out and use lots of Disney. I mix it up. Don't always do Disney. Give it a rest some years but years we have a December visit I enjoy really putting in the effort.

Also a few other items in another shipment.

Sooooooooooooooooooo S-L-O-W. Ordered the 12th and 13th of Nov. Shipped Fed Ex Smart Post and just arrived today. One of them, the one with the nutcrackers just sat & sat & sat with absolute zero movement on the tracking thus adding to my doubts as to its arrival and in perfect condition.

Whew.

p.s. forgot to add the items, even though they were ParksShopDisney, they shipped from Memphis TN, so about 225 miles . . . took THAT long. I could have driven over one afternoon and picked them up instead.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/28/17 02:25 AM

Put up some more decorations, and from all the problems with the Art of Snow White set, I hadnít really looked at them. Besides a few problems with eye colors, it really has nice sculpts. Better than the Beauty and the Beast set (I think they got a bit caught up in textures of the charactersí clothing in that set). The Snow White with the candle is so simply done, that it is really quite beautiful. Iíve never cared for Snow White as a character, but Iíve always liked her design.

Oh, and itís not to say I donít like the BATB set, I do, but some of its sculpts were disappointing (Gaston and Lumiere come to mind). The Wardrobe is pretty excellent and the Beastís face is flawless. Iíve yet to see the Disney Store do a bad sculpt for him and wish they would sculpt him for Hallmark.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 11/28/17 06:25 PM

Magical Rush had ornaments back at $7 when you used all the promo codes. They also had a nice selection of tall mugs and latte mugs at $7.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/20/17 11:26 AM

Good sale going on right now. I broke down and bought Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornament set for $27.98! You can get the Coco set for that price too. Great for Halloween trees as well.

Also bought a couple more Sketchbook ornaments: Cruz Ramirez (new character for me) and the Donald Duck jack-in-the-box.

Then, I found the limited edition Kylo Ren and Rey action figure set for half price. Score! Even if it's "Force Awakens" and not "The Last Jedi," it's still a good deal. Limited to 1000 and still in stock? Weird. The retail price was way too high. I can live with under $40.

I have a few action figures. I have all of the Diamond Select Muppets action figures (and have pre-ordered series 4, but it keeps getting pushed back, but series 3 went through that bull last year too). Also have a Jareth action figure by McFarlane. Couldn't resist the pairing of Rey and Kylo. Action figures are just small dolls anyway, so since I collect dolls, they fall into that category. Sorry guys, but they are dolls. By definition, a doll is a small model of a human figure, often used as a toy. So...action figure=doll.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/24/17 09:51 AM

I noticed the Last Jedi ornament set is also on sale and am sorely tempted to get that and Olaf's Frozen Adventure set. They are finally doing a good sale on the individual Coco Miguel singing ornament, as well as the individual Olaf's Frozen Adventure singing ornament.

Looks like I missed the Coco set, I can't find it in search. I've been on a trip and am now trying to catch up with stuff.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/25/17 09:28 PM

So, they got "The Last Jedi" set back, but now "Coco" disappeared. Interesting...

"Olaf's Frozen Adventure" set sold out (it's actually showing a sold out banner). Hopefully my set arrives in good condition. I kind of hope this is it for "Frozen" ornament sets for several years. I would rather see the other movies get sets. Like the pleasant surprise that was the Pinocchio set a couple of years ago. I would love to see a "Fantasia" set, actually. With an ornament representing each segment. That would be lovely. I feel like it should be getting released again on blu-ray soonish, shouldn't it? "Lady and the Tramp" is set to come out of the vault in February, and I would ADORE an ornament set for that movie! "The Lion King" deserves an ornament set too. Maybe in 2019 for the anniversary (that may be the live action movie's release year too). That would be ideal.

I really like "The Last Jedi" set. Highly recommend it. The ornaments are sized the same as the "A New Hope" set. Though, after seeing the movie, I wish Rose had been in the set instead of the Praetorian Guard. I guess they wanted to add in a villain type character. Praetorian Guards remind me of Captain Phasma. Cool-looking characters that are under-utilized. Yeah, slight spoiler if you haven't seen the movie: Phasma still isn't used that much. Like a friend said, obviously she was meant to sell action figures, and that's it.

Edit: And the action figure set I bought sold out too. Glad I happened upon this sale.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/26/17 08:11 PM

If you are in a Disney store, the sets of Coco, Frozen, and Last Jedi are ringing in about $35. But if you have a screen shot of the online sale of $27.87 they'll price match it. I showed them this discussion and a screen shot of the Last Jedi priced at $27.98 and they honored it for Coco and Frozen Adventure (Last Jedi was sold out in store or I would have bought that one, too). I think all three sets are showing as sold out online now. Not much in the single ornaments, either, online and instore. I'd say 50% of the ornaments on the rack in the store were broken, so if you are buying off the rack be sure to really look the ornament over for breakage.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/28/17 03:02 PM

Got my order today, and I really need to start reading descriptions. I thought my action figures would be about six inches tall. Nope. Theyíre about the size of Barbies. Well, the price tag was more a bargain than I thought. Numbered certificate too. Why canít the limited ornament sets have numbered certificates? I always love numbered certificates for dolls.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/29/17 06:52 AM

Well, I found Coco and Olaf's Frozen Adventure ornament sets at a different Disney Store, and they wouldn't accept The Last Jedi screen shot to price match. Pooh. Said it had to be the exact same product. It's a store pretty far away from me that I popped into while on a Hallmark search, so I don't feel like driving all the way back out there with my other store receipt to get them.
They also had the anniversary Star Wars ornament set in a badly damaged (crumpled corner and stickers removed... I think somebody used and returned after Christmas) AT FULL PRICE. Could not believe that one. Not even part of the 40 or 50% after the holidays sale. I thought Disney Stores were all pretty similar but this just goes to show how managers can still exert influence over the places.
Luckdragon, had to laugh about your action figure description. Last year we bought a lot of the Rogue One figures (about 6" high in the $10 to $12 each range on sale... so bigger than the typical 3 3/4" toys) and there was a sale online for a Darth Vader (only $5) and I assumed it was the same scale... nope! Darth Vader was gigantic! Quite the surprise that the bigger piece was 1/2 the price of the smaller sets.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 12/29/17 07:13 AM

That's surprising that they wouldn't match the price. Usually Disney trains their employees to go above and beyond.

A former assistant manager where I work used to be an assistant manager at a Disney Store (back when we had Disney Stores). She said that the company had high expectations for managers to make guests happy. One other cool thing she said they did was that they wanted their employees to know the Disney movies and characters, so they had a library of Disney movies in their break area. A movie was always playing, and you could borrow them to take them home and watch them.

Great bargain on the Darth Vader for that price! Glad to see I'm not the only one not reading descriptions. wink

Oh, and I did some research on eBay and found out the set of action figures were made for D23.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 01/08/18 05:11 PM

Magical Rush (code Magical) takes another 25% off the already low prices. There isn't much left, but what they have - including musical Coco - come out to about $5.25 each. Great deal.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 01/18/18 07:30 PM

There's a Magical Rush right now for free shipping. Ends at 6 PM PST. I've been waiting for a free shipping promo to pre-order "Coco," but there are still a few ornaments available.

Re: Sketchbook line reveal?... Just Around the Riverbend? - 01/18/18 08:15 PM

oops missed it by 14 minutes. Darn.