YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (phoenix), 80 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26363 Topics
325838 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#110147 - 09/10/01 04:58 AM Pocket PC/Palm version of YuleLog?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Todd,
I'm wondering if you're planning on making a slimmed down version of YuleLog for the Pocket PC and/or Palm. As I have an Ipaq my preference is for a Pocket PC version. This would make it SOO easy for me to have my Hallmark info at my fingertips at all times, and to avoid the need to buy a paper collector guide to carry with me. Thanks!

#110148 - 09/10/01 06:57 AM Re: Pocket PC/Palm version of YuleLog?
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
Sorry! I kept meaning to answer this on the main board, but I've been a little distracted lately...

I am looking into this, but I haven't yet found a great solution. It's a little tricky to make it synch correctly with YuleLog and I think this is important. An alternate solution would be a stand alone, hand held only solution that doesn't synch with the main program. I could do this pretty easily, using some of the existing data base solutions.

How much to you think you might be willing to pay for this? Most of the data base solutions that I've seen run almost as much as YuleLog, and I was afaid that might be more than most people wanted to spend.

I am an avid Palm user. I don't have a Palm PC, but this could be an excuse to get one

#110149 - 09/14/01 04:45 PM Re: Pocket PC/Palm version of YuleLog?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Todd, thanks for the quick response, just seeing it now. (didn't mean to be pushy about the question, hope you know that! I'm just really excited about using my new Ipaq in as many areas of my life as possible)

How much for it, eh? Well, that would depend on the features that it had. If it's a slimmed down version (probably would have to be, but I have no idea how much memory it uses) then it "should" be cheaper than regular YuleLog. As a point of reference, software that I've gotten so far for my Ipaq has been either free or under $20, but for YuleLog I'd be willing to pay a bit more than that! (though the more I spent the more I would expect it to do, and the more I'd expect it to be a "stand-alone" version YuleLog)

Ideally it would sync with the regular version, or we should be able to back up the copy on our hard drives and maybe import the info in when wanting to add it to the regular version. For it to be truly useful for me, I'd need to be able to have the info at my fingertips while out shopping, add it in while I'm waiting in line, and sync it with the main version when I get home.

I realize this is a mighty tall order, especially since you not only have Palm users, you also have Pocket PC users, like me. Palm uses Palm OS, while Pocket PC uses windows CE (truly a mini pc - I love my Ipaq). And as I'm far from a programmer, I have no idea how hard it might be to write software to link a Pocket PC to a regular pc or a palm to a regular pc (then there's the additional issue of macs, ugh!!).

Maybe there's a way to make it so we can download our collection to the pocket pc or palm to have it when we need it, but changes would have to happen in the main program. Is that possible? Not quite ideal, but far better than having to lug a sheaf of papers around, lol!

p.s. Since my Ipaq is color I'd like to have YuleLog in color, too!

[This message has been edited by LadyT (edited 09-14-2001).]

Moderator:  Moderator