YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26361 Topics
325812 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#110152 - 09/24/01 08:55 PM Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been using your great YuleLog Software for several years now (also use Filemaker on Mac at work and love it), but wonder if you could help me with a puzzling question.

Example, using Frosty Friends #6 - Box Price $8.50, Purchase Price $64. When I enter the Box Price as $8.50 instead of my true purchase price of $64. the Increase shows a $62.50 increase and Percent Increase of 735.29% instead of Increase reflecting the true Increase of only $7.00 and Percent Increase of only 10.94% I've gone back and changed all the box prices to what I originally purchased the orn. for and noted the Original Box Price under the Comment section in case I ever needed the orig. box price. I did this so the Increase and Percent Increase would reflect true based on MY Purchase price, not Hallmark's.

Am I doing something wrong, or do most people only want the Increase and Percent Increase reflected from using the Hallmark Box price?

Thanks again, Todd, for the great program and hope you're not totally confused by my question.

#110153 - 12/28/01 02:23 AM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
That's a good question! I'd like to know how to work around that also!

#110154 - 12/28/01 07:02 AM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Quote:
Originally posted by ShandyBay:
I've been using your great YuleLog Software for several years now (also use Filemaker on Mac at work and love it), but wonder if you could help me with a puzzling question.

Example, using Frosty Friends #6 - Box Price $8.50, Purchase Price $64. When I enter the Box Price as $8.50 instead of my true purchase price of $64. the Increase shows a $62.50 increase and Percent Increase of 735.29% instead of Increase reflecting the true Increase of only $7.00 and Percent Increase of only 10.94% I've gone back and changed all the box prices to what I originally purchased the orn. for and noted the Original Box Price under the Comment section in case I ever needed the orig. box price. I did this so the Increase and Percent Increase would reflect true based on MY Purchase price, not Hallmark's.

Am I doing something wrong, or do most people only want the Increase and Percent Increase reflected from using the Hallmark Box price?

Thanks again, Todd, for the great program and hope you're not totally confused by my question.

I see that this question was asked some time ago and some how I missed it. The system is supposed to eMail me when a question is posted in this section, but I must have missed it. I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

As of now, YuleLog is only set up to provide increase information based on box price. However, I see the value of your request. I will make a change in YuleLog 2002 to show both!

Thanks for the suggestion, and Diana, thanks for pointing out this question to me!

Comfort and Joy!

Todd Ray
YuleLog Software

#110155 - 01/03/02 01:57 AM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a question, also. (Although unrelated to previous box question)But, here goes!
I am wondering how the Yulelog software will work on my new Intel P4/and Windows XP. Have you had any feedback on this?
I have wanted to purchase this software for some time, and think this may be the best time!
Thanks for your time, Todd!

Nora Hutchinson

#110156 - 01/03/02 05:40 PM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Quote:
Originally posted by norahutch:
I have a question, also. (Although unrelated to previous box question)But, here goes!
I am wondering how the Yulelog software will work on my new Intel P4/and Windows XP. Have you had any feedback on this?
I have wanted to purchase this software for some time, and think this may be the best time!
Thanks for your time, Todd!

Nora Hutchinson

Nora, you shouldn't have any problems using YuleLog with Windows XP!

#110157 - 08/18/02 05:13 PM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Ray:
I see that this question was asked some time ago and some how I missed it. The system is supposed to eMail me when a question is posted in this section, but I must have missed it. I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

As of now, YuleLog is only set up to provide increase information based on box price. However, I see the value of your request. I will make a change in YuleLog 2002 to show both!

Thanks for the suggestion, and Diana, thanks for pointing out this question to me!

Comfort and Joy!

Todd Ray
YuleLog Software

Hi Todd,

Was just wondering if there is now Both a Hallmark Box price and COLLECTOR Box price on the 2002 YuleLog software? I may still be doing something wrong, but the percentage increase or decrease still reflects using the original Hallmark box price. Am I still doing something wrong? Just wondered as I was getting ready to go through and change back all my Box Prices to reflect the "eBay" Box price. No biggie if not, just want to make sure I understand this correctly if it has been done already.

Also, is there a way to change the Guide Price? I noticed Sweet Tooth Treats is listed at $4.95 instead of $14.95, but when I try to change it in the Price Guide, it won't allow me.

Just one more question. Can I enter a number under the screen size percentage button? The 150% is almost too large and the 100% of still too small. Can we enter a percentage by number instead of pressing the increase or decrease size button at the bottom of the YuleLog screen?

Hope I'm not being a picky pain in the neck. Was just curious and am enjoying using your great software.

Syl in Kentucky

PS: I love your scary clown icon!

#110158 - 08/19/02 04:59 PM Re: Box Price vs. Purchase Price
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Quote:
Originally posted by ShandyBay:
Hi Todd,

Was just wondering if there is now Both a Hallmark Box price and COLLECTOR Box price on the 2002 YuleLog software? I may still be doing something wrong, but the percentage increase or decrease still reflects using the original Hallmark box price. Am I still doing something wrong? Just wondered as I was getting ready to go through and change back all my Box Prices to reflect the "eBay" Box price. No biggie if not, just want to make sure I understand this correctly if it has been done already.

Also, is there a way to change the Guide Price? I noticed Sweet Tooth Treats is listed at $4.95 instead of $14.95, but when I try to change it in the Price Guide, it won't allow me.

Just one more question. Can I enter a number under the screen size percentage button? The 150% is almost too large and the 100% of still too small. Can we enter a percentage by number instead of pressing the increase or decrease size button at the bottom of the YuleLog screen?

Hope I'm not being a picky pain in the neck. Was just curious and am enjoying using your great software.

Syl in Kentucky

PS: I love your scary clown icon!

Let's see if I can explain this new feature, brought about by your original request.

If you go to the yellow Price Info screen, there is a small button just to the left of the Increase field name.

If you click on that button you can change the way the Price Increase and Percent Increase fields are calculated. These fields are calculated by subtracting either the Box Price or the Purchase Price from the Market Price. So, there is only one Box price (Hallmark's price) but there is a Purchase Price that you enter, based on what you paid.

I checked and this does work correctly. Just make sure you click on the circle beside which ever option (Box or Purchase) that you want to use. This a global change, so if you change it from box to purchase, this will happen for all of your ornaments.

You should be able to change Price Guide box prices in your collection and in the price guide. However, to change Secondary Market prices, you must go to the price guide to make the change. Any change you make will be reflected in your collection, after you change it in the price guide. If there is an incorrect price in the price guide, please send me an email with the details so that I can fix it.

Sorry, but there is no way to enter a number on the screen size selection. That is a feature of the data base engine used to create YuleLog and I have no control over this option. You might try changing the default resolution of your system. I do plan to make some major changes to YuleLog this year, and one of them will deal with screen size being related to monitor resolution. That will be a big job!

Hope this helps! If you want to discuss in more detail, send me your phone number and we can set up a phone appointment.

Todd

Moderator:  Moderator