YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (Nina), 84 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26361 Topics
325812 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#110186 - 01/12/03 12:55 PM printing
kassy36 Offline
Elf

Loc: North Richland Hills, TX
I have Windows XP and I use an HP deskjet 612C. I can't get the reports to print from my newly purchased Yulelog........help!
Shirley

#110187 - 01/12/03 03:11 PM Re: printing
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
Shirley,

Since we solved this problem via eMail, I thought I would post the solution here in case someone else has the same problem.

HP has some problems with XP that show up in YuleLog and some other problems. The following is from HP, and it has solved the problem for several YuleLog users that use HP printers under Windows XP.

Quote:
If your driver is working well with other programs, leave it as default and just select this generic driver for use with YuleLog.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting HP's Customer Care e-mail support.

Please try printing from the universal 550C printer driver. Please install the HP Deskjet 550C printer driver and try printing. For troubleshooting purposes only, please try an alternate driver provided by MS Windows to determine whether the issue lies with the HP driver or some other system component. To do so, please follow the instructions given below:

1. Click Start, then click Printers and Faxes.

2. In Printer Tasks, click Add a printer.

3. Click Next.

4. Select Local, then take the check from Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer.

5. Select Port, then click Next.

6. Select HP from the Manufacturer list.

7. Select the HP DeskJet 550C from the printer's list then click Next.

8. Select Yes if this printer is the default printer, or select No if this printer will only handle selected print jobs. Click Next to continue.

9. Select No to skip the test page, then click Next.

10. Click Finish to complete the installation.

11. If asked for a Windows disk, insert the appropriate Windows or PC Recovery disk and follow the instructions on the screen. Once the driver has been installed, it will be listed in the Printers window (Start, Printers and Faxes).

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message. You may also find technical and troubleshooting information along with software updates, on our HP Customer Care web site at

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/eschome.html

Best regards, Ashley HP Customer Solutions Team

* Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. Problems and solutions may depend on the nature of your system environment and various other parameters that are unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume any responsibility or liability. Please be advised that technical information changes as new data becomes available, therefore, HP recommends that you regularly check our Customer Care Web site for possible updates at:

http://www.hp.com/go/support

HP shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.

Moderator:  Moderator