YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26361 Topics
325812 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#110191 - 10/17/02 04:25 PM How to ???
sheetmusicman Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Canton, OH
I want instructions of "How to" enter a HM ornament which is NOT included in the price guide such as the 2002 "Christmas Morning Treasures" set of three. I once new how to do this, but have forgotten and can for the life of me find it on the HELP menu which is included in the YL program. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Alan in Canton, OH "Life is a work in progress"

#110192 - 10/17/02 05:27 PM Re: How to ???
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Quote:
Originally posted by sheetmusicman:
I want instructions of "How to" enter a HM ornament which is NOT included in the price guide such as the 2002 "Christmas Morning Treasures" set of three. I once new how to do this, but have forgotten and can for the life of me find it on the HELP menu which is included in the YL program. Thanks in advance.

To add items to your collection that are not in the price guide:

Start YuleLog and go to the appropriate collection.

At the blue Ornament Details screen, Click on the button labeled "NEW" located at the top center of the screen.

You will see a warning telling you it is best to add items from the price guide. Click on the ADD button to add a new item

You will be presented with a blank form to fill out.

That's it! Repeat as needed.

#110193 - 10/21/02 11:06 AM Re: How to ???
jambo Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Clemmons, NC 27012
This was one of the questions that I had but would like to go a little further.
(1) How do you add a picture to it.
(2)I am also getting all of Ed Seale's pieces and would like to add them to this same software. Can this be done?
(3)I also went to a signing this past week-end and had one of the "Spoonfull of Stars" designed by Becky Kelley signed and could not find it on the software. Could you tell me if this series is there or not?
(4) Is there any way for an ornament to be checked or something to show that it has been signed from all printouts?
(5) I had some ornaments that I didn't know who the artist were until later, after entering into the software. When I went back and entered the artist, it doesn't move it to that artist name. What should I do about this?
(6) I had a question since getting the software about printing only 1 artist at a time instead of having to print the complete list. But I discovered how to do this by accident last night. It was a big help and saves on paper. I was printing out all artist ever time I needed an update.
(7) Also do you have a handbook that would cover some of these questions and any that may arise in the further?

This is a wonderful program and want to use it to its fullest. If this is to many questins you can sent it to me by E-mail.

Thanks,
Billie Mayhew
Treasurer

#110194 - 10/21/02 06:13 PM Re: How to ???
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Quote:
Originally posted by jambo:
This was one of the questions that I had but would like to go a little further.

This is a wonderful program and want to use it to its fullest. If this is to many questins you can sent it to me by E-mail.

Thanks,
Billie Mayhew
Treasurer

Billie, I will be happy to try and answer all your questions here.

1) How do you add a picture to it.

If you have a scanner or a digital camera, you should copy the image to the clipboard. This is usually done by running a program that lets you view your scanned picture., selecting the image, and picking copy from the Edit menu. You will then be able to paste it into the YuleLog picture frame.

1. First you must be at the Ornament Details screen in YuleLog. Without quitting YuleLog (both programs have to be running), open the program that contains the picture that you want to copy.

2. With the 2nd program, open the picture you want to copy, select it, and choose Copy (usually from the Edit menu) to copy the item to the clipboard.

3. Switch back to YuleLog.

4. Click on the Picture button to copy the picture from the Clipboard to the YuleLog picture frame.

(2)I am also getting all of Ed Seale's pieces and would like to add them to this same software. Can this be done?

Yes, just add them using the NEW button as described in my earlier post.

(3)I also went to a signing this past week-end and had one of the "Spoonfull of Stars" designed by Becky Kelley signed and could not find it on the software. Could you tell me if this series is there or not?

I'm sorry. but I'm not familiar with this series... Are they Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments? YuleLog is aimed primarily at Hallmark Ornaments, but also includes the Merry Miniatures and the Kiddie Car Classics, since so many ornament collectors also collect them. It would be very difficult to include every collectible line that Hallmark has sold or is selling. You can add them manually however.

(4) Is there any way for an ornament to be checked or something to show that it has been signed from all printouts?

You can use the TYPE field or the Comments field to indicate that an ornament is signed or autographed. Then, if you want alist of these items, go to the FIND screen and search using these fields.

(5) I had some ornaments that I didn't know who the artist were until later, after entering into the software. When I went back and entered the artist, it doesn't move it to that artist name. What should I do about this?

This is a little tricky. You first need to add it to the ornament in the price guide. Then you should be able to go to your collection and select it from the pop up menu. Also, send this information to me via eMail, and I will see that it is added to YuleLog if it is missing.

(6) I had a question since getting the software about printing only 1 artist at a time instead of having to print the complete list. But I discovered how to do this by accident last night. It was a big help and saves on paper. I was printing out all artist ever time I needed an update.

I'm guessing that you discovered that you can go to the Find screen, search for one artist, and then print that list.

(7) Also do you have a handbook that would cover some of these questions and any that may arise in the further?

I need to put together a new more comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions. I am plannng to build more help into the next version of Yulelog, so that you don't have to leave the program to look for help.

Currently there are several sources.

The Owner's manual comes on the CD in several forms.

There is online help at http://www.yulelog.com/yulehlp/helpTOC.htm

The online FAQ is at http://www.yulelog.com/yulefaq.htm

The forum you are reading now also has lots of great questions and answers. You may need to go to the button that says "Show Topics from last XX days" and select Show All Topics, to see some of the older questions, but they are there.

And of course you can always eMail me or post here!

Todd

Moderator:  Moderator