YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1528 Members
15 Forums
26056 Topics
322011 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#110655 - 07/23/04 05:43 PM Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, you all may think we're CRAZY to already start advertising a Hallmark Collectibles Show that will be held on SUNDAY, January 9, 2005, in Southern California, but we're NOT CRAZY!

Here's the TOP TEN reasons why we are already advertising our "6th in a Series Hallmark Collectibles Show":

Reason number 10: Planning in advance can get you cheaper AIR FARE to Southern California...

Reason number 9: If your air fare isn't as cheap as you'd like, then you have more time to save up the money to PAY for the slightly more expensive than you'd like to pay air travel to Southern California...

Reason number 8: Planning in advance can get you cheaper HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS in Southern California...

Reason number 7: If your Hotel costs aren't as cheap as you'd like, then you have more time to save up the money to PAY for the slightly more expensive than you'd like to pay hotel accomodations in Southern California...

Reason number 6: If after you save up the money you STILL find that the air fare AND hotel accommodations are more expensive than you'd like to pay for the rooms in Southern California for next January, you still have plenty of time to plan your long cross country DRIVE, and also to MAKE A NEW FRIEND on Yulelog that you can sidle up to after a few more months of friendship and then ask him or her if you can VISIT after the Holidays and stay for FREE...

Reason number 5: Even though you've already made it through Premiere, you may still have a few dollars left in your bank account with which to purchase October and November releases, AS WELL AS those missing past years pieces you just HAVE to have... We just wanted to put a little bug in your ear to spend your Gold Crown points at the stores - and save some of your hobby cash to spend at our show...

OK, OK, so my spouse is sitting here and reminding me that I've already spent this year's AND next year's hobby budget at Premiere - and there IS no money left for my hobby, so ignore those other suggesti

OK - he's left now, back to what I was telling you about planning for those older ornament purchases in your budget!

Once again, continuing the top ten reasons WHY we're starting to advertise our January Collectibles Show NOW!

Reason number 4: While all of you are on oversold flights to the 16 Artist Signing locations in the country - you can consider being one of the VOLUNTEERS who gives up his/her seat on the plane in exchange for another free flight certificate to use later - then you'll have FREE AIRFARE to Southern California for our show!!

Reason number 3: You will have MORE time to think of excuses to your employers about WHY you need so much time off for Hallmark-related events!

Reason number 2: Those of you who don't have your collection completely inventoried, and who don't KNOW which ornaments they still need, have plenty of time to get their WISH LISTS together to go shopping with! AND, those of you who have tons of duplicates, can get started NOW on making plans to finally SELL some of those dust collectors!

and FINALLY, the NUMBER ONE reason why we're already beginning to advertise our Collectibles Show in January, is to invite all of you YULELOGGERS to either attend as BUYERS, OR to come as DEALERS to an incredible Hallmark Secondary Market Collectibles Show. We've just begun to sell our Vendor/Dealer tables, and we're already ahead of table sales for this time last year - our show attendance was higher than ever before last year, and our vendors reported that sales were UP, UP, UP!

To rent a DEALER TABLE ($55)contact Frankie Sue Geary at frankie@houseofornaments.com for a Dealer Contract. First paid is First choice on locations. We plan to SELL OUT every table, so act quickly!

For SHOW info in a nutshell:
DATE: Sunday, January 9, 2005 9am-3pm
WHERE: NEW LOCATION with FREE parking!
Four Points Sheraton Hotel
1500 S. Raymond Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714)635-9000
COST: Sellers: $55 ea 6' table
Buyers: $4 admission price - HOURLY Door prizes - great deals and LOTS of FUN for ALL!

SAVE THE DATE NOW!!

#110656 - 07/27/04 02:20 PM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, so I just re-read my post below and think - well, maybe I went a little bit too far with the "Top Ten Reasons why we're not crazy to start advertising a January show in July"...

Guess I had a little too much time on my hands last Friday..

My apologies for the long read - if you're short on time - skip down to Reason number ONE for all the basic info!

Karen Holthe

#110657 - 08/02/04 02:53 PM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

In response to a personal email I received, in case other people are also asking about airport locations, here's some info...

The closest airports to our Fullerton, CA (January) Hallmark Show would be either:
1. Orange County Airport (AKA: John Wayne Airport or Santa Ana/SNA) OR,
2. Ontario International Airport, OR
3. Long Beach Airport (Lots of Jet Blue flights...)
ALSO,
4. Los Angeles (LAX) is about an hour & a half away (on a good traffic day...) but you'll usually find the cheapest airfares in and out of there. Do expect traffic Mon - Sat from LA.

We do not have a good public transportation system, so the best way to get around once you're here, is to rent a car.

Hope this helps any potential visitors to our area!

(Edited to add another airport after I got another email, thanks everyone!)

[This message has been edited by KarenK (edited 08-02-2004).]

#110658 - 09/22/04 09:37 AM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Karen, your top 10 was a funny read! Well done, hee hee.

I thought I'd just post the most pertinent info again so it's easily accessible.

Sunday,
JANUARY 9, 2005
9am-3pm

WHERE: NEW LOCATION with FREE parking!
Four Points Sheraton Hotel
1500 S. Raymond Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 635-9000

Buyers: $4 admission price
HOURLY Door prizes - great deals - LOTS of FUN for ALL!

Dealers: contact Frankie@houseofornaments.com

#110659 - 11/11/04 03:09 PM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bumping this up to the top again - because there's less than 2 months to go now!!

***READ all the way to the bottom for a SPECIAL YULELOGGER OFFER!!!!!!***

Remember that JANUARY 9th, 2005 is the day - to attend the HoHo Club of Orange County's GIANT Secondary Market Hallmark Show! The address has already been posted below - but here's some NEWS!!

As you decorate this season, jot down a list of the ornaments you're missing - update your lists so when you come shopping, you know EXACTLY what you need to pick up! Our vendors all bring a GREAT selection of merchandise at EXCELLENT PRICES!!

Great prices - no shipping to pay - and all under one roof! Dealers - sorry if you haven't already contacted us - our TABLES ARE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!!!!
*****SELLER TABLE UPDATE***** DUE to a ROOM Rearrangement and a miscommunication, we DO now have SIX TABLES left! ACT NOW!!

Buyers? DON'T MISS this great opportunity!! A full banquet room - table after table - of great deals on vintage and current Hallmark Keepsakes and other products!!

***YULELOGGERS - print this post and bring it to the registration table for an ADDITIONAL RAFFLE TICKET!! (Limit one extra prize ticket per attendee.) We'll be doing continuous prize drawings throughout the event for Hallmark ornaments and other collectibles!!***

Thanks and we look forward to seeing many of you there!!

Edited to update the Available tables for Sellers!!!! Contact us NOW!

[This message has been edited by KarenK (edited 11-30-2004).]

#110660 - 12/06/04 01:57 PM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

NEWS UPDATE!!
Hey ALL! Just under 5 weeks to go for our exciting Hallmark SHOW here in Southern CA... quick reminders:

WHO - HoHo Club of Orange County
WHAT - Hallmark Collectibles Secondary Market Show - HOT! HOT! HOT!!!
WHEN - Sunday, January 9th
WHERE - Four Points Sheraton, Fullerton, CA
TIME - 9 am - 3 pm

DEALERS - YES - We DO still have a few tables left for any dealers that haven't gotten their reservations in yet. CONTACT us TODAY..

BUYERS - As you decorate your homes for the holiday, make a note of items you are missing, that need replacing, series that are incomplete, etc. etc. THIS is the place to fill in those holes!!

Table after table of vintage ornaments, merry miniatures, stocking holders, tree toppers, and all kinds of other Hallmark and other Holiday brand collectibles!!

There's NO SHOW like this one!! Questions? Just email me. Hope to see you there!

Karen

#110661 - 01/09/05 12:34 AM Re: Southern California SHOW: Jan. 9, 2005
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
The show is today, Jan 9th! Should be fun!

Hope everybody who attended had a good time.

[This message has been edited by Diana* (edited 01-09-2005).]

Moderator:  Moderator