YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (beaglebabes, susan in florida, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1542 Members
15 Forums
26419 Topics
326423 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#112031 - 05/26/07 08:12 PM Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading?
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Zach has shown some interest in doing Disney pin trading. I've been a little leary of it - not really looking forward to learning about a new collectible. But, you know how it goes, if the kids want to do it...
One Disney cast member told us that as beginners we should just trade with Disney cast members or other kids as most of the adults (especially those really loaded down) are a bit cut-throat and not particularly nice to the kids. They said it will be more fun for Zach that way.
Any advice or places to read/learn a little about this? Any good "starter sets" you recommend? Zach mostly likes Winnie-the-Pooh, Chip and Dale, the pins influenced by Hong Kong Disney / Hello Kitty, and of course, Mickey Mouse and Pluto.

#112032 - 05/28/07 07:55 AM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading?
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I don't have the link saved on my laptop but will try to remember and post later while at my other computer. Zach would have fun trading. Both my kids enjoyed it, Sarah more than Steven but he was younger. At WDW many of the cast members wear green lanyards and ONLY trade with kids. Early morning is best as they "refresh" their lanyards daily, I think. Those serious pin traders "scare me" but then some have been really nice to my kids and will actually just "give" them a nice pin. At one time Sarah was concentrating on castle pins and someone gave her a "good" pin from Japan that was somewhat HTF and worth more than "rack" prices. Sarah has also managed to collect a few of the CM "only" series which can be difficult to do on a 7-10 day trip. Manners are important and both kids have been to a couple of Scoop's Pin Trading sessions at WDW. And she has lost a few over the years and now uses locking backs on the one's she "prizes" in her collection. Steven mainly did various characters IF sports was somehow involved which luckily Disney makes many of those.

Deana

#112033 - 05/29/07 09:42 PM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading?
janette Offline

Loc: TX
This one might be a little too much but lots of collectors there. http://p222.ezboard.com/bdizpinsboards I use this one http://www.dizpins.com/
to know what is going to be released about the time of my visits. I try not to visit other than that so I don't see any pins I want and need to buy on ebay..

You can find pin lots on ebay fairly cheap for some trading pins. I've still got some I bought on clearance from Disney Store that my girls use to trade. It is really fun for them and gets them to talk to the CM's. My 12yo is the one that enjoys it most and she's gathered a good Stitch collection mostly by trading.

#112034 - 05/31/07 03:22 PM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading?
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

#112035 - 08/13/07 12:08 PM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading?
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

FYI . . . I saw a very cute new series of pins @ disneydirect.com that Zach might be interested in starting his collection. They are the theme of space & rockets, so since his Dad works for NASA he might like combining the Disney and space aspect and I think they have free shipping on Monday's . . . and I saw a new DVD that was just released by Disney on the Mars Rover, Roving Mars or something or another.

Deana

p.s. they are also a little less expensive than your average rack pin at WDW or DL which use to be minimum was 6.50 but last time we went there weren't many you could buy for less than 8.50 & up.

[This message has been edited by Qwackertoo (edited 08-13-2007).]

#119387 - 05/31/08 12:37 PM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading? [Re: Qwackertoo]
RJingle Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Bedminster, NJ, USA
Where do you get the locking backs???? My grandkids are getting pretty interested in collecting the pins, but they have lost some also.....

#119389 - 05/31/08 01:17 PM Re: Good site for learning about Disney Pin trading? [Re: RJingle]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

They use to sell them in packages of oh maybe 10 for 3 or 4 dollars at WDW but we haven't been back in several years. Looks like you can buy larger quantities a lot cheaper on eBay these days.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=disney+pin+locking+backs

Moderator:  Moderator