YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324374 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#112116 - 10/06/02 02:30 PM Pins Pins Pins
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Silly me on our first trip to Disney during December 2000 I swore I wasn't going to collect "those" pins. Well by time our second trip came around guess who was buying & trading them? I had a great time talking to CM's and other guests while trading & buying.

Anyone else collect them?

Deanna

#112117 - 10/07/02 06:08 PM Re: Pins Pins Pins
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
Yes, yes yes! My whole family collects the pins, but only while we're there at WDW. Don't do too much buying of them on ebay, but have occasionally bought one or two. Mostly buy them while at the park, and enjoy talking to the other (bigtime) pin collectors that have that huge books full of pins to look at.

Darrin collects Haunted Mansion pins, and Nightmare Before Christmas (mostly).

Aurora collects Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora pins.

Nicholas collects just whatever he likes.

I (obviously) collect the SB/PA ones for Aurora, and enjoy finding ones for everyone else that they will like, but don't seem to buy any one particular thing for myself.

#112118 - 10/08/02 08:26 AM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Lora

Be careful with those Mickey icon shaped rubber backs for your pins when you go this year. They fit rather loosely and it is very easy to lose a pin with all the getting on/off rides and such. I was always telling S & S to check their pin backs while we were in the parks and they still lost a couple and a few were some great trades that were impossible to re-purchase or find again

Deanna

#112119 - 10/08/02 11:40 AM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Deanna, I don't remember if it was you or somebody else (sorry) who mentioned the special 9-11 pins at the Disney stores, but I wanted to post a public THANK YOU! I preordered Beauty and the Beast on DVD and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask about the liberty pin. The girl at the counter checked in the back and they still had a few so gave me one! That was nice.
It is so pleasurable to shop in a store where they place customer satisfaction so high. All the clerks are so friendly and knowledgeable. I often think I'll just "go looking" but rarely leave without buying something!

#112120 - 10/08/02 12:58 PM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
My husband and I collect pins, but only the ones we like. We don't wear lanyards with the pins on them in the park, because we don't want to risk losing them and don't want to look like what they call "Pin Geeks".

These are VERY agressive and obnoxious people, usually annual pass holders, who wear lanyards full of pins and their annual passes in a holder, in addition to their pin lanyards. There are some called "Sharks", who will get a "good" pin from an unsuspecting child, in trade for a "junker" pin of theirs. They've always got something going on ebay. We don't want to be mistaken for any of them, since we only collect for ourselves and aren't into the cutthroat kind of thing.

Since I'm a quilter, I'm going to be making a special wall hanging to display our collection on our "Disney" wall.

I especially look for anything with Alice in Wonderland in it, since she's my favorite character. A real take-charge girl, who didn't need a prince to rescue her!!

I've never traded pins yet, but do carry a few extras in my fanny pack, in case I see a pin on a CM's lanyard that I'd like.

I really liked the 9-11 pins too and was glad to read about them on the www.dizpins.com board, before they came out. This is a great site that tells you about pins coming out in all the parks and stores, and has great pictures of the pins as well.

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#112121 - 10/10/02 07:02 PM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh My, I hope we didn't look like Pin Geeks on our last two trips! I guess it would be different with kids in tow and just me & the kids wore them, though not everyday or all day, and hopefully we looked like your average American family on vacation at WDW.

I plan to order some display frames with the black velvet from this place called Indian River or something like that and get two 18 x 24 and display them on the wall in the Family room along with a few framed prints from Art of Disney IF I ever get around to taking them to get framed.

I've bought and traded for a few DL pins and I actually prefer them to the WDW designs. The DL pins are larger, usually more detail and just more imaginative than the flood of WDW designs.

Deanna

#112122 - 10/11/02 12:13 AM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Deanna,
I don't know, but maybe the Pin Geek thing is a California thing, hard to tell. Some cast members around here don't like people who have annual passes either, cos SOME are very obnoxious, try to tell them how to do their jobs, demand special priviledges and other things.

That's why we like to keep a "low profile". We don't like to get "profiled" or whatever they call it, just based on our looks and not our actions.

Just saw a notice the other day on www.dizpins.com that Disney Online & Disney Catalog is going to start selling a Christmas pin TREE starting tomorrow! It's gonna have places for a bunch of pins to be put on the trees as a decoration.

If you go to the dizpins website, they have a picture there, if it hasn't been posted on the Disney catalog site yet. I think I'd have to see it in person, before I could make a decision to buy it.

If you'd ever like me to pick up some pins for you here, just let me know & we can work something out.

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#112123 - 10/15/02 02:10 PM Re: Pins Pins Pins
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen W2:

Just saw a notice the other day on www.dizpins.com that Disney Online & Disney Catalog is going to start selling a Christmas pin TREE starting tomorrow! It's gonna have places for a bunch of pins to be put on the trees as a decoration.

If you go to the dizpins website, they have a picture there, if it hasn't been posted on the Disney catalog site yet. I think I'd have to see it in person, before I could make a decision to buy it.

I like the concept but wasn't that crazy about the colors of the tree/base and the selection of pins. I would prefer to pick out my favorite 25 Christmas Disney character pins for my own advent pin tree. Also the not knowing that I could get each weekly set & the shipping for each set vs. ordering complete makes decide against this.

It would make a very cute decoration, maybe next year they will come up with a prettier tree!

Deanna

Moderator:  Moderator