YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26118 Topics
322802 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#112142 - 10/07/02 08:47 AM Disney Themed Christmas Trees
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Do you do a totally Disney tree? Or just a few favorite Disney ornaments on your regular tree? I now have a Disney tree topper, Tinkerbell from WDW and a Disney treeskirt from Disney Catalog to complete the look. So far my Disney tree is totally Hallmark, except the topper & skirt, as I haven't been too sure on the scale to mix others. I was quite tempted by many of the book sets of ornaments on Disneyauctioneers last year but of course IF I bought one set then I would want the ALL!

Deanna

#112143 - 10/07/02 11:36 AM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
On my Disney tree I have an assortment of Disney ornaments. I have Hallmark, Lenox, Walt Disney Classics Collection and various different ornaments from WDW. Last year I even bought a Disney train for underneath the tree.

#112144 - 10/07/02 06:03 PM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
Deanna, I can't yet say that *I* have a totally Disney tree, but my inlaws have not only a whole tree, but also a garland full of Disney ornaments. I'll have to find a picture to post for you, or else take one this year of their Disney decorations. They have a lot of the Hallmarks, but also ornaments from other makers. The tree topper is Mickey, I think dressed as a caroler, swinging a ringing bell (has motion).

#112145 - 10/07/02 11:27 PM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I don't do a Disney tree but I usually decorate my stairwell with Disney ornaments hung on garland wound around the bannister with lights since I have Disney lithographs on both sides of the walls of the stairwell. I've collected so many Hallmark Disney ornaments though that I ran out of bannister for all of them so I would put the rest on my big tree. This year I may not have my Disney ornaments out at all because I'm trying a new look for the staircase but I can't imagine not having them up so I have to think up a new display home for them. Looking for any and all ideas...

------------------
Men aren't from Mars and women aren't from Venus - I refuse to believe we're from the same solar system.

#112146 - 10/08/02 08:22 AM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
You'll have to post pictures from previous year(s) OR later this year of your in-laws tree.

Think of all the great ornaments or garland or other accessories you can add while visiting Downtown Disney this year or Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Frontierland?? on your trip in December!

Deanna

#112147 - 10/08/02 11:47 AM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I haven't done an all-Disney tree...YET! LOL.

Is it ok to admit on this board that I have many ornaments that aren't Hallmark? I have several of the Enesco Disney ornaments and really like the detailing.

I'm not too worried about size/scale, since Hallmark seems to vary that a lot too, even within series pieces. On trees I tend to put bigger pieces on the bottom and work up to smaller on the top. Although that's sometimes difficult when the big pieces are really heavy, since the branch strength works in reverse!

#112148 - 10/09/02 06:57 PM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, and actually, I do 2 Disney themed trees! One tree is the Disney Movie tree and the other is the Disney Character tree. Most of the ornaments are Hallmark, but there are exceptions, like some sets of Snow White and the Rescuers from inside one of the parks, as well as a few others...

The character tree is primarily Mickey, Minnie & gang, plus the Pooh bunch!

The movie tree covers about all the rest! My son and his girlfriend decorated this one last year, and the tree topper they created was picks and sparkles and stuff to resemble Fireworks on top!

This was fun because we can see the Disneyland /DCA fireworks nightly from the balcony of our house!

Karen

Karen Holthe
Orange County, CA

#112149 - 11/04/02 08:00 AM Re: Disney Themed Christmas Trees
Anonymous
Unregistered

OOOOHHHH - a DISNEY area!

I don't do an all Disney tree, but that's because I only have room for one tree, so all my ornaments have to go on it. But since I have enough ornaments for at least 2 trees, I rotate which ones I use each year.

But I must admit, my Disney ornaments are high in the rotation, lol! I've got Hallmark, Enesco, Grolier, Disney store ceramic/resin/glass ball/etc., storybook, and wdcc. I've even got a custom glass ball with Bagheera's face and my name personalized on it (commissioned it a few years ago from a nice lady on the internet ). I actually dream of being able to have a Disney tree, though it might have to include other cartoons as well, like superheroes, hanna barbera, warner brothers, etc.

I'd love to see any pictures you guys have!

Moderator:  Moderator