YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#116489 - 04/02/08 09:21 AM Limited Edition Ornaments Announced!
Rex1103
Unregistered

Limited Edition Ornaments for 2008!

Here are some of the limited edition ornaments for this year. I don’t have any other info at this time but will share soon! I guess we can all make our best guess as to what they will be.

Riding the Rails
Emperor’s Royal Guard
A Pony for Christmas
Mayor’s House
Suppertime!
Snow White Precious Moments (there is also a Cinderella Precious Moments)
The Joker (Batman, maybe?)
1968 Pontiac Firebird
Slippin and Slidin’
Hot Wheels
Evening Gala (Barbie?)
Peyton Manning
New Haven Diesel Locomotive
Steamboat Willie
Heaven Comes to Earth
Ringing in Christmas
Waiting for Santa

5 ball ornaments, too:

A holiday “Hello”
So nice being on Ice
Adding the Final Touch
Christmas on Main Street
Having a (Snow) Ball!

Edited by Rex1103 (04/02/08 09:22 AM)

#116490 - 04/02/08 09:44 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: ]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Thanks for the info . . . without seeing Peyton Manning is on my list for Steven and another Steamboat Willie, we'll have to see as the last one was rather spendy. Mayor's House sounds interesting.

#116493 - 04/02/08 10:19 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Qwackertoo]
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Thanks for the info. Lots of choices, some I'll hopefully get and some I'm not interested in! Nice to have a large selection,I don't care if they are "limited" or not.

#116494 - 04/02/08 10:51 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: CorvetteElaine]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Thanks for the info. I hope Mayor's House is part of the NHS series.

#116495 - 04/02/08 11:02 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: CorvetteElaine]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
WOW! 17 Limited quantity ornaments and 5 ball ornaments. Once again Hallmark has heard what collectors are saying (limit limiteds) and decided to do the opposite. I am glad I only collect what I like regardless of whether it is "limited" or not. That said, hopefully the 'Mayor’s House' will complement the 'Nostalgic Houses & Shops' series and 'Slippin and Slidin’ will be the unofficial penguin series ornament I heard about. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that both pieces will be injected plastic instead of cold cast resin.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#116497 - 04/02/08 11:59 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: ]
Brian in Hanover Offline
Elf

Loc: Hanover, PA
Maybe the Hot Wheels ornament will have something to do with the Hot Wheels 40th Anniversary?

#116498 - 04/02/08 01:55 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Brian in Hanover]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Thanks for the news.
Holy smokes - that's a lot of limiteds.
Since we heard previously that there were nine for premiere I guess they are splitting up the other eight through October and November?

Emperor's Royal Guard is easy to figure out - that's Star Wars, a fan favorite figure.
A Pony for Christmas - could be a repaint of this year's piece, or the one missing year from awhile ago that collectors have been wishing for.
Mayor’s House - since we've already had Town Hall with Mayor's Christmas Tree, I'm assuming this is a compliment to the NHS series.
1968 Pontiac Firebird - probably a repaint of the 2005 Classic American Cars convertible
Slippin and Slidin’ - I agree with Marc, probably the penguins - but if they named the Frosty ornaments that could describe a repaint of this year's edition.
Hot Wheels - could be anything - but probably a repaint of one already done.
Evening Gala - here's what the Barbie doll looks like: http://www.amazon.com/Collector-Barbie®-Evening-Gala-Doll/dp/B000Q3SL2U
But wouldn't this be the 10th Barbie ornament for this year?!! Egads!
Peyton Manning - probably a repaint (different uniform) from the 2004 ornament.
Steamboat Willie - ohhh, I'm wondering if they are doing what I mentioned on this board back in 2003? The original ornament came in shades of gray - I talked about repainting it in color to match the posters. That would be pretty cool.
Ringing in Christmas - both a 2006 Mickey Mouse as Santa ornament and a 2007 Peanuts choir ornament share this name...could be a repaint of either - but I predict the Peanuts because it has a much higher price tag and would be really easy to do a different color scheme (choir robes and church trim) vs a different Santa robe.

#116503 - 04/02/08 04:13 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Diana*]
bkbroiler
Unregistered

Thanks for the information.

If I were to take a wild guess on the Hotwheels car it will be either a replica of the 1968 Volkswagen Beetle (one of the original cars released) or possibly the 1969 Volkswagen Beach Bomb Rearloader prototype (which is the most valuable Hot Wheels Car).

The Joker figure is probably a companion piece to the Batman ornament (The Dark Knight) which is coming out this Summer. This was Heath Ledger's last full length movie role before his untimely death...so I'm sure the figure will pay an homage to him. For any of you that have seen the trailer, he is the creepiest looking Joker I have ever seen so I'm not so sure how that translates into a desirable ornament.

#116504 - 04/02/08 04:16 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Brian in Hanover]
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Brian in Hanover
Maybe the Hot Wheels ornament will have something to do with the Hot Wheels 40th Anniversary?

Wow! Has it been 40 years! I remember wanting the first set so bad! We didn't have very much money when I was a kid. 4 kids on a policeman's salary. I had 4 of the first set and my buddy across the street ( only 2 kids and 2 working parents) had all of them! I spent lots of time playing with Hot Wheels! Wish I had kept them! Even if they were well used!

Todd

#116505 - 04/02/08 04:41 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Todd Ray]
Carko Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Greenfield, WI USA
Thanks for the info!

I want to guess that Suppertime is Snoopy holding his bowl in his mouth. I would love that ornament!

#116506 - 04/02/08 04:43 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Todd Ray]
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered

Thank you for the news! I can't wait to see pictures of these \:\)

#116507 - 04/02/08 05:53 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: ]
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

Pony for Christmas is the repaint of 2006 that wasn't done previously.

Mayor's House - will be a NHS ornament

Suppertime - a Peanuts ornament

Riding the Rails - ?? Mickey and Minnie ??

Waiting for Santa - from Norman Rockwell - child(ren?) sleeping in chair.

Another interesting tidbit: there's a musical plush again this year that features 2 snowmen.

#116509 - 04/02/08 07:01 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Ginny]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
 Originally Posted By: Ginny
Pony for Christmas is the repaint of 2006 that wasn't done previously.

Mayor's House - will be a NHS ornament

Suppertime - a Peanuts ornament

Riding the Rails - ?? Mickey and Minnie ??

Waiting for Santa - from Norman Rockwell - child(ren?) sleeping in chair.

Another interesting tidbit: there's a musical plush again this year that features 2 snowmen.

Ginny, can you share any other information about the other limited quantity ornaments?

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#116511 - 04/02/08 07:20 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Carko]
Beamus Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Marana, AZ, USA
Any photos of any of these yet??

#116528 - 04/02/08 11:00 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Beamus]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho
That is a lot. How many were there last year? I think I bought two....

#116532 - 04/03/08 01:39 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Ginny]
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Ginny

Woo hoo! Someone mentioned before they might not do the musical plush this year so I'm happy that Hallmark is now. Thanks for letting us know. Do you know what it does/sings?

#116537 - 04/03/08 08:00 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: ]
Marilyn K Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Looking forward to seeing pictures of these.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens

#116539 - 04/03/08 08:11 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Carko]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
The plot thickens! Can't wait to see everything!
I love how good everyone is at speculating. I can
never guess what any of the ornaments will look like.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#116553 - 04/03/08 12:20 PM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: Carko]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Here's what Precious Moments Snow White figurines look like, so the ornament should have similar looks:

http://www.misfittoys.net/simpleviewer/preciousmoments/images/snowwhite.jpg (w/o the sneakers of course. The PM Disney collection is supposed to be children with their favorite characters or dressed as their favorite characters).

Figurine with Prince: http://www.someonespecial.com/images/Pm/740007.gif

Although, they shouldn't have these exact sculpts. This'll give a rough idea.

I have to have that one! No doubts in my mind.

I'm thinking "Ringing in Christmas" won't be based on the Mickey or Peanuts ornament. I think it'll be a non-licensed ornament.

Anyone know if any of the ornament names relate to past snowmen plushes? Like Very Merry Trio last year and the Snow Fun Sledders this year?

#116591 - 04/04/08 11:24 AM Re: Limited Edition Ornaments Announced! [Re: ]
gigl2 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Central Illinois
Due to the popularity of all the old nostaligic toys, I was wondering if the Slippin & Slidin was going to be a take on the Slip 'n Slide. \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator