YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#117882 - 04/28/08 09:04 PM Re: Linda Sickman Retires From Hallmark [Re: Marilyn K]
Claudia Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Southlake,Texas USA

Linda Sickman will truly be missed by all her Hallmark collectors. She always cared enough to give the very best!

I'm glad I was able to meet and talk with her in Kansas City last year.

Thank you Linda for your 45 years of Hallmark service. Best wishes for a wonderful life of retirement. \:\)

#117884 - 04/28/08 10:22 PM Re: Linda Sickman Retires From Hallmark [Re: Claudia]
toppershopper Offline
Elf VP

I met her 2 years ago at the San Diego signing event. She's one of those people that just sort of emanates "niceness" (ok, that's probably not a word, but it fits \:\) ). You can tell when you meet them that they are nice. She was very courteous and had a good sense of humor and was fun to talk with while she was signing the ornaments. I have quite a few of her ornaments, particularly the tin locomotives. I wish her the best in any future endeavors, and if she just relaxes and enjoys her retirement, that's even better.

#117887 - 04/28/08 11:29 PM Re: Linda Sickman Retires From Hallmark [Re: toppershopper]
ornaholic Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Bummer. Our table in Chicago a few years back was fortunate enough to win a visit Linda after the dinner. [You know the tent in the middle of the tornado?!] Anyway, she was telling about the wrapping paper designs she did and how she wallpapered a room with them!

As far as the Pony for Christmas, depending on how she's leaving Hallmark, she could have done several years in advance? Remember Ed did designs for years after he left. Hallmark is generally 2 to 3 years out on ornaments anyway, so hopefully we'll still see some of her designs in the DreamBook for the next few years. I'm hoping this is the case. I too would hate to see the series take a nasty turn when she has done a wonderful job with them. I kept hoping they would turn the NH&S over to her to get more detail inside. She will be missed!

- Karen

#117890 - 04/29/08 07:26 AM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Qwackertoo]
marywarning Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greer, S.C.
I can't believe it. That is the worse news that us as collectors could have received. If any of you are ever in the Clinton, Missouri area be sure to check out her Musemn (?sp?). She has all of her ornaments there.
Mary

#117891 - 04/29/08 08:03 AM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: marywarning]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: marywarning
I can't believe it. That is the worse news that us as collectors could have received. If any of you are ever in the Clinton, Missouri area be sure to check out her Musemn (?sp?). She has all of her ornaments there.
Mary

I'm going to make a note of this and put it with my most important Hallmark information because IF I ever find myself in the state of Missouri, I sure would stop by. Like others have said, I bet I have more LS ornaments in my collection than any other artist.

#117894 - 04/29/08 08:17 AM Re: Linda Sickman Retires From Hallmark [Re: Marilyn K]
Loo-Ann Allen Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Summerfield,Fl. U S.A
In 2007 at the Flamingo Fling Linda Sickman was the Hallmark artist that came to sign ornaments.
This is the only time I have seen Linda and so happy to know I got some of my ornaments signed by her.
Linda and Ed Seale are the two artist that I own a lot of their ornaments.
Linda now that you are retired maybe you can come back some time to the Flamingo Fling to sign ornaments again.
I still have lots of your ornaments that need to be signed.
Ed came lots of years to the Fling so I have just about everything of his signed that I own.

Linda every one will miss you when it comes to new ornaments at Hallmark.

It is looking like Hallmark is not going to have much of the SR. artist left and soon will end up with all new artist and that may be the time to stop buying the ornaments being I own way too much and not too much room left to store them.

Loo-Ann

#117901 - 04/29/08 10:04 AM Re: Linda Sickman Retires From Hallmark [Re: Loo-Ann Allen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Yeah, Hallmark has to be ahead on the ornaments because you cannot design an ornament, sculpt, do revisions, send to the manufacturing company, manufacture, and get them out in less than 1 year. It's just not done.

As for the series, since it is popular, I doubt Hallmark would end it even after Linda retires. However, I'm sure if they continue the new artist will likely do a good job. From what I can tell from the Dream Book, Tracey Larsen's job on taking over Lighthouse Greetings was well-done and true to the series. Who took over Madame Alexander though? There isn't an artist listed. It looks very nice. Was it Julie Forsyth since she did the Madame Alexander Little Women series?

I'm also hoping that whoever takes over the Noelville series will continue to do well with it. Sue Tague seems to do great with candy ornaments. She would probably be a good choice.

#117921 - 04/29/08 03:20 PM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Barbara Harris]
susan in florida Online   content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I first got to meet Linda in 1993 at the Convention In KC. She was a judge in the costume contest I entered.

I'm so glad I got to see Linda at the Flamingo fling in March.

#117937 - 04/29/08 08:43 PM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: susan in florida]
Collector Joy Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
To me Linda is a classy lady! I was shocked to hear that she's retireing after 45 years with Hallmark. Definitely, she's leaving behind a great legacy of ornaments. She will be greatly missed by all her fans.

Thank you Linda for your years of Hallmark service. Best wishes for a wonderful life after retirement.

Joyce

#117996 - 04/30/08 06:29 PM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Qwackertoo]
Nicki Pierce Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Lenexa, KS
I too was surprised by Linda's sudden retirement.
She and her creations will be missed by SO MANY!

In my book Linda Sickman is
100% Class
100% Talent
100% Fun and Interesting

We have posted information about her career and a copy of her "farewell letter" from For Keeps on our Blog at http://hookedonhallmark.com for those that have an interest.

#118012 - 04/30/08 11:35 PM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Nicki Pierce]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I sincerely hope Linda had a chance to train some of the newer artists to work with tin before she retired! I also hope Hallmark sat down with her and a video camera and documented the early years of Keepsakes.
I greatly enjoyed meeting her over the years at events and signings. She was warm, friendly, gracious and more. She also seemed to have a bit of a philosophical air about her which made her very interesting. I loved the way she liked to explore other media and try new things.
Many of Linda's designs are cherished pieces in my collection. She will be greatly missed. I bet she'll have a grand time during retirement. I wish her all the best.

#118019 - 05/01/08 06:26 AM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
I sincerely hope Linda had a chance to train some of the newer artists to work with tin before she retired!
I loved the way she liked to explore other media and try new things.

Seems like an artist has done a tin ornament or two in the past few years that wasn't Linda's and I didn't care for it . . . don't remember who though.

Another favorite of mine that was unique to Linda was the Folk Art Americana ornaments. I have enough to do a 5' alpine style tree with those.

#118232 - 05/04/08 08:32 AM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: Qwackertoo]
HAL1069 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Does anyone have an address? I'd love to send Ms. Sickman a note to tell her how her work has brought so much joy to me for so many years!
I wish her the best in her retirement!

Ralph

PS: Linda: I retired this year, too! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

#118252 - 05/04/08 05:08 PM Re: Linda Sickman is retiring! [Re: HAL1069]
Duluth_Collector Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duluth, MN
Hal brought up an excellent question. I'm wondering if we sent cards/notes to Hallmark if they'd pass them on to Linda Sickman? I would hope so; but, don't know for certain.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator