YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#132741 - 01/07/09 09:24 PM Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!!
Santa GEEK
Unregistered

I am new here but a Hallmark manager saw my xmas tree in the local paper and told me to sign up here! I have many questions this group I hope can help me with in the future. To start off with introductions, here is my tree. We finally put it up on YouTube from friends demand. Like all pix / movies of our trees it can't quite capture the magic but we tried. Please check it out and if you have a Youtube account please leave a comment there too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQHhA9US7k
This gang will probably recognize many Hallmarks plus many 'jerry-rigged' ornaments from creativity, eBay, and a soddering gun!

#132743 - 01/07/09 09:40 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Very interesting! Diana will love this. So tell us how you made this unique tree, and how long it took to make the video!

#132745 - 01/07/09 09:42 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: CorvetteElaine]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho

That was neat and I also thought of Diana. I had to skip ahead, that was too much space for me.

Welcome to the board and thanks!

#132747 - 01/07/09 10:01 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: StaceyN]
Santa GEEK
Unregistered

Who is Diana?!

#132749 - 01/07/09 10:16 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: CorvetteElaine]
Collector Joy Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
OK, what did you do to the middle of the tree to get the bubbles?
I had a space tree a few years back, but it was black with fiber optic lights on it. Haven't done that tree for a while went over to a Santa tree.

Originally Posted By: CorvetteElaine
Very interesting! So tell us how you made this unique tree, and how long it took to make the video!

Yes, how long did it take to make your tree?

Joyce

#132750 - 01/07/09 10:16 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
quietangel
Unregistered

my husband was passing by when your tree video was playing - he said even though he hates christmas, if he had a tree like yours he might reconsider. This is a very rare compliment coming from him ! and i thought it was great too!

#132752 - 01/07/09 10:26 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Welcome!! What a great tree. I love the lights and colors. Wonderful!.

#132764 - 01/08/09 03:25 AM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Collector Joy]
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered

Great tree! Thanks for sharing your video with us \:\)

Originally Posted By: Collector Joy
OK, what did you do to the middle of the tree to get the bubbles?

It's a bubbling tree (a water-filled acrylic trunk that bubbles and changes colors). Hammacher.com sells them, HERE. They sell them in green and white.

#132776 - 01/08/09 09:51 AM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho
 Originally Posted By: Santa GEEK
Who is Diana?!

:-) She'll be here.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I love the sound effect when the tree is "powering up". Very clever!

#132777 - 01/08/09 09:52 AM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
I have seen those bubble trunk trees somewhere in my travels and told my husband that I couldn't "see" it as a nice looking Christmas tree, but it is perfect for the Space theme tree! I loved it. I don't do a space tree myself, but my son has all the Star Wars ornaments that he could do that. I will have to share your you tube video with him.

Can you post a picture of just the tree without all the effects?

Welcome to the board, Santa Geek!

Nancy

#132788 - 01/08/09 01:19 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Govoni]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Elaine and Stacey - you know me too well! SantaGeek - I'm way into space stuff because my mate works at JPL/NASA and I collect all the Hallmark space stuff (Star Trek, Star Wars, Journey into Space, etc). I'm also a very chatty poster on this board...so that's why Stacey said I'd be here...

I have tears in my eyes and my mouth was hanging agape! WHAT A SUPER FANTASTIC COSMIC TREE! omg omg omg omg omg I want one!

LOVE the warp core trunk! Love your topper (did you fashion that?) Where did you get the JPL Viking lander ornament? Is that a model that was modified? Way cool.

I've been collecting space ornaments for ages but have never ever ever seen such a magnificent tree. Thanks SO much for sharing! Love the filming also - especially the switch to B&W. I giggled! I'm forwarding this link to a bunch of space geeks...

P.S. I will send you a JPL NASA Sojourner rover ornament I made from a toy if you email me your address. You need one for your tree!

#132790 - 01/08/09 01:28 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Diana*]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I've been searching the web now for one of those trees. I found one in silver and one in BLACK! I'm drooling...

#132794 - 01/08/09 02:15 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Diana*]
Taj Offline
Elf VP

I heard Darth Vader's theme! Way cool tree. \:\) Welcome to the board.

#132801 - 01/08/09 03:45 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
WOW~! I've never seen a bubbling center of a tree. Loved all the NASA ornaments too.

They sure make it in a variety of colors. Most places on line don't have on sale either.

http://seasondreams.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=78

Deana

#132802 - 01/08/09 04:32 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
Darcy Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Beautiful ♥ Colorado

WOW!!!
Welcome to Yulelog, Santa GEEK!

#132810 - 01/08/09 07:52 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
gigl2 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Central Illinois
Welcome to YULELOG!!! What an amazing tree, thanks for sharing!!Hum . . for some reason I feel like watching Star Wars now. Do you do other trees also???

#132813 - 01/08/09 08:22 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
I've been searching the web now for one of those trees. I found one in silver and one in BLACK! I'm drooling...

I think the black tree IF you turned the bubbles to GREEN would make an amazing Halloween tree IF you had lots of Radko or other neat blown glass ornaments. I think the spacing between the spiraling levels would be really nice for showing off some blown glass ornaments. It would be easier to justify the cost IF I could use it as a space tree & a Halloween tree. \:\) Sadly I don't have enough Halloween ornaments to do even a 5.5' tree.

#132847 - 01/09/09 12:02 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: ]
Linda Wilson Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Raymore, MO
Santa GEEK, Welcome to YuleLog! Thanks for posting that video. I hav sent it along to my very own GEEK of a son. He has all the StarWars and StarTrek ornaments as well as the Journeys into space. We made an entire space themed tree only one year, but he loved it! He hasn't put up a tree of his own since he moved into his own place, but I could sure see him having one like this and just leaving it up all year!

Don't be a stranger around here, post any questions you like and hopefully someone will be able to help.

#132896 - 01/09/09 08:48 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Linda Wilson]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Santa Geek - did you see the figures at ToysRUs with Star Wars characters celebrating Christmas? I found out about them too late to get Yoda dressed as Santa, but did pick up Darth Vader making a giant snowball that looks like the Death Star. He's wearing a Santa hat. Too, too funny! Would be great sitting under your tree. They also had R2D2 and C3P0 (separately) wearing Santa hats. The best I've seen online (already sold out when I hit the stores) was Boba Fett with Han Solo in carbonite with a huge red ribbon around it like a package with a tag "To Jabba". Instead of a gun, Boba is ready to fire a giant candy cane.

#132898 - 01/09/09 08:54 PM Re: Howdy! The Ultimate Space Tree!!!! [Re: Diana*]
Santa GEEK
Unregistered

Diana yes!!

Actually you can see my own collection at the end of my Youtube video during the 'credits' (that you can't read) with the lightsabers! Thanks for the head-up tho'... I really want the Boba. That one is hysterical.

BTW, you REALLY ARE my Hallmark Space cohort... I see you are from Pasadena. True envy here!

'nuff said!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator