YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26326 Topics
325459 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#13497 - 07/01/07 08:56 AM what are my odds?
jeffearley Offline
Elf

Loc: toledo, Ohio, USA
I have gone to two seperate hallmarks to reserve some ornaments from the premiere weekend. I am extremely confident that I will get all the ornaments that I requested except for 1. That would be the premiere exclusive Lt. Uhura Star Trek ornament. On Saturday of next week, I am going to Mexico with all my other brothers and sisters, taking my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. Do you think the stores will save me one of the ornaments that I requested? I am going to have a trip of a lifetime with my family, but I will be wondering if I will be getting the Uhura ornament. I can only imagine how much it will cost me if I have to Ebay one.

#13498 - 07/01/07 09:53 AM Re: what are my odds?
MSHMK Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Oklahoma
I'm thinking that your chances aren't very good unless you are dealing with a store that you have given all your business to in the past and they know you personally.

*IF* this is the case, then you may very well return from your trip with this ornament waiting for you.

Terri

#13499 - 07/01/07 10:44 AM Re: what are my odds?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I would explain your situation to the managers at both stores and see if one of them would hold it for you. If not, you can always check on yulelog first before you try the eBay route and see if someone can buy it for you at retail. I'm happy to look for the limiteds for other folks but I don't want to open up a flood of requests and later find the limiteds aren't as limited as we feared and be stuck with a bunch of extra ornaments because people bought their own. In any case, it sounds like a wonderful trip you and your siblings are doing for your parents - congratulations on their 50th anniversary!

------------------
A meaningful life is built on purpose.

#13500 - 07/01/07 12:13 PM Re: what are my odds?
skayebs Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Katy, TX USA
How about getting a friend to go pick it up for you?

#13501 - 07/01/07 12:15 PM Re: what are my odds?
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Do you have a friend you trust who could go to premiere weekend and buy that one ornament for you? Of course, the Yuleloggers will help out too.

I'm not sure how much you could convince a store to hold one this year since the numbers are supposedly low.

------------------
My ornaments

#13502 - 07/01/07 11:41 PM Re: what are my odds?
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
When I fill out the "order form" to pre-order ornaments for Premier, the HMK stores always bag up what I've ordered so it's waiting for me on Premier Day. I've always received what I pre-ordered.

#13503 - 07/02/07 12:18 AM Re: what are my odds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

At the Creations store I shop at, I give them my credit card number. This way they are not left holding on to ornaments they do not have an opportunity to sell. Especially if you are purchasing lots of product, they are going to try and make you a happy camper. They are not allowed to use the credit number until the actual premiere. And by the way, NO ORNAMENT is worth missing a trip like that.....

My second suggestion is to contact Nicki at Hooked on Hallmarks and see if she has extras for sale. It may be a way to have it waiting for you upon your return.

#13504 - 07/02/07 07:07 AM Re: what are my odds?
PWilliams Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Raleigh, NC USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by jeffearley:
I have gone to two seperate hallmarks to reserve some ornaments from the premiere weekend. I am extremely confident that I will get all the ornaments that I requested except for 1. That would be the premiere exclusive Lt. Uhura Star Trek ornament. On Saturday of next week, I am going to Mexico with all my other brothers and sisters, taking my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. Do you think the stores will save me one of the ornaments that I requested? I am going to have a trip of a lifetime with my family, but I will be wondering if I will be getting the Uhura ornament. I can only imagine how much it will cost me if I have to Ebay one.

Just curious why you think the stores wouldn't reserve the Lt. Uhura ornament, but would reserve all the others? I know that ornament is limited, but did they say they might not be able to hold it for you?

#13505 - 07/02/07 09:39 AM Re: what are my odds?
SamIam Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Manchester, NH
My Dad's 60th Birthday is on Friday the 13th. He is taking the entire family away for the whole weekend. Last year I had a wedding on premiere weekend?? What is wrong with my family?? LOL........ The store I go to starts premiere on Friday. I have dropped off my list and the manager said she will hold my poinsetta repaint. She knows my 9 year daughter, she rememebers me having her in a stroller on premiere weekend 9 years ago, and even pregnant on my DAD's 50th, where does the time go???

I am pretty sure she will get one for me, well she really knows it is for my daughter Emma, and the faires is the first series Emma has ever collected besides her child's age collection that I started for her when she was a baby. So she knows how much I want it. I wish eveyone on this board the best of luck

#13506 - 07/02/07 10:03 AM Re: what are my odds?
hmarklover Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: West Virginia
Offer to pay for the Star Trek ornament in advance. As mentioned, leave your credit card number, check or cash in an envelope. Then the store personnel will know that you sincerely want the ornament.

Barbara

#13507 - 07/02/07 10:28 AM Re: what are my odds?
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by FrostyJane:
My second suggestion is to contact Nicki at Hooked on Hallmarks and see if she has extras for sale. It may be a way to have it waiting for you upon your return.

Nicki won't have this year's ornaments until about sometime in September. She'll be looking for the limited to buy for her to sell through her business and she'll be looking for them just like the rest of us. You may find one there after Premiere, but it probably won't cost what it will at the store - more like the eBay prices.

#13508 - 07/02/07 05:51 PM Re: what are my odds?
jeffearley Offline
Elf

Loc: toledo, Ohio, USA
They could not promise me that they would hold the weekend premiere ornaments. I was told that my families situation would be explained to the manager, and they anticipated no problems, but they wouldn't guarantee anything. They also just had me fill out a wish list, but would not take payment.

Moderator:  Moderator