YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1528 Members
15 Forums
26053 Topics
322001 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#142381 - 05/30/09 11:10 AM Marjolein Bastin Signing @ The Party Shop on Aug. 1st!
steffinie Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Elkhart, Indiana
David Hamrick asked me to post this on Yulelog:

Marjolein Bastin will be at a special signing event ONLY at The Party Shop in Warsaw, IN on August 1st!!

The signing is going to start at 10:00am and will continue into the afternoon (No specific time was stated just yet).

Here is the store's information:

The Party Shop
One Ornament Place
3418 Lake City Highway
Warsaw, IN 46580
Phone: (574) 267-8787
Link for website to The Party Shop

I remember when Marjolein came to The Party Shop back in 2002 ... She was such a delightful lady and very nice to talk to - As she would sign pieces, she would often comment about the inspiration behind the piece. She also shared a small photo album with collectors standing in line of her home in the Netherlands ... It was a very unique wooden cabin style home with beautiful wildflower gardens!

Marjolein Bastin now has a new line of products through DEMDACO (Makers of Willow Tree figurines) ... Here is a link I found of her products:
Marjolein Bastin products through DEMDACO web link

Hope to see you there \:\) !!

Stephanie

#142386 - 05/30/09 12:42 PM Re: Marjolein Bastin Signing @ The Party Shop on Aug. 1st! [Re: steffinie]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Did he say if there's a limit to how much you can have signed by her? When the owner of the Naomi's Hallmark stores in KC had her for a signing in 1999 you could only go through the line once and have one thing signed. She had a picture of her new granddaughter; I believe that part of her name came from her. She may not have been there for very long and that may be why Larry had the limit in place. When she was at an Amy's store in Shawnee, KS before that you could go through the line as many times as you wanted and get two signatures each time.

Also, I recently heard that John "Collin" Francis is doing the sculpting work on at least some of the Demdaco products that Marjolein Bastin has designed. When I asked him to sign an ornament of hers that she designed and he sculpted at an event he told me that he was honored to do an ornament of her design and what a nice lady she was.

#142428 - 05/31/09 06:05 AM Re: Marjolein Bastin Signing @ The Party Shop on Aug. 1st! [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
steffinie Offline
Elf Manager

Nancy C. - I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question about how many signatures will be allowed as David did not have any details about how they are going to handle signatures. But, I am sure he will be posting on his website in the future more specific details pertaining to the signing event. I hadn't heard that John "Collin" Francis was doing the sculpting of some of her products, so that is very interesting news! Isn't it exciting that she will be coming back to The Party Shop??!! \:\)

Stephanie

#145353 - 07/09/09 05:59 AM Re: Marjolein Bastin Signing @ The Party Shop on Aug. 1st! [Re: steffinie]
steffinie Offline
Elf Manager

Bumping this post for the Marjolein Bastin signing event up ... It is now only about three weeks away \:\) !!

Stephanie

#147059 - 07/27/09 06:28 AM Re: Marjolein Bastin Signing @ The Party Shop on Aug. 1st! [Re: steffinie]
steffinie Offline
Elf Manager

Just bumping up this post again as a reminder ...

The Marjolein Bastin signing is THIS Saturday, August 1st @ The Party Shop \:\) !!

Any Yuleloggers out there planning to attend???

Stephanie

Moderator:  Moderator