YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#149092 - 08/15/09 02:30 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: btowndude
Deana,
The charter members were just sent the fall issue, featuring the Haunted Mansion. The D23 member exclusive is a replica of a 1959 Disneyland match, showing the skyway as it went through the Glacier Grotto in the Matterhorn.

Mike L

Mike,

Thank you~! I need to order this weekend on the off chance I get to attend the EXPO.

Deana

#149133 - 08/15/09 05:28 PM Re: D23 [Re: cally]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Sandy,
I agree! I really miss the old Disney Magazines too! I have lots of them stored in Rubbermaid boxes, in my sewing room closet.

With our Premium Annual Passes, we get 2 "FREE" subscriptions for "Family Fun", instead of DM, but we don't have kids, so there's seldom anything of interest to us in them. We pass them on, to friends who do have kids tho. The 23 Magazine is really interesting and gives you a lot of great info! I think you'll like it.

By the time we received our membership kit, we missed the first magazine, so I'm hoping to find a copy at the Expo next month, at the cover price, not inflated, because they have a bunch of hungry Disney fans wanting to buy it.

I realized that even tho they consider you a Charter Member, if you join at anytime before the expiration date, each magazine that comes out, that you DON'T receive because you haven't become a member yet, means YOUR particular Charter Membership is worth that much less, over the one who signed up right away and got all the magazines!

If I'm not able to get the first magazine at cover price, I'll order it from DisneyShopping, during one of their FREE or $5 shipping deals. If I'd realized my kit WOULDN'T have the first issue in it, I'd have ordered it at the same time as my kit!

Good news about our Disneyland Hotel ressies! My hubby called & they were able to change ours, from Tuesday/Wednesday to Wednesday/Thursday. We then picked up the other 2 nights at the nearby (walking distance to the Expo, if I wasn't in a wheelchair) Candy Cane Inn! They're a nicer step up from the usual motel, have their own shuttles and their parking is FREE!!

Want to see some of the pins going to be for sale at Expo? Look here:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/eventPins?id=46290

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#149143 - 08/15/09 06:19 PM Re: D23 [Re: Karen W2]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2

With our Premium Annual Passes, we get 2 "FREE" subscriptions for "Family Fun", instead of DM, but we don't have kids, so there's seldom anything of interest to us in them. We pass them on, to friends who do have kids tho.

Ummm by the way . . . If you have a Chase Disney Rewards VISA . . . you also get the benefit of this "free" subscription so it isn't just exclusive to PAP holders. And you need to have VERY YOUNG kids for most of the stuff to be of any interest.

Deana

#149146 - 08/15/09 06:43 PM Re: D23 [Re: curt1108]
cally Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Victoria, B.C. Canada
 Originally Posted By: curt1108
well sandy,

you can register for a chance to win a trip there in sept. on this page.. good luck !!

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/index.html

\:\(
Canadians can't enter....
Sandy

#149151 - 08/15/09 07:51 PM Re: D23 [Re: cally]
curt1108 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: ft laud,florida
im sorry to hear that sandy.

i wonder if someone here registered and won is it transferable to give to someone else?

i would register, and IF by luck i won, i would give it to you.

#149185 - 08/16/09 03:25 AM Re: D23 [Re: curt1108]
cally Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Well curt1108 - then I will wish you LUCK!
Sandy

#149308 - 08/17/09 10:27 AM Re: D23 [Re: Karen W2]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2

By the time we received our membership kit, we missed the first magazine, so I'm hoping to find a copy at the Expo next month, at the cover price, not inflated, because they have a bunch of hungry Disney fans wanting to buy it.

I realized that even tho they consider you a Charter Member, if you join at anytime before the expiration date, each magazine that comes out, that you DON'T receive because you haven't become a member yet, means YOUR particular Charter Membership is worth that much less, over the one who signed up right away and got all the magazines!

I'm pretty sure after receiving the email below, the memberships run one year from the date you join and not end on 12/31/year like the Hallmark KOC memberships do.

Dear Disney Guest,

Thank you for your email.

I?m so happy to assist you today and hope the following information is
helpful to you. Currently, when a new D23 Membership is purchased our
Guests are receiving the Fall (3rd) issue of the D23 magazine. You will
then receive the next three issues of the magazine, completing your
yearly subscription. If you are interested in purchasing previous
copies of the D23 magazine, please visit the DisneyStore.com, D23 Store
for availability of archived issues.

I was pleased to assist you today and hope that you will continue to
shop with us at DisneyStore.com. Please feel free to let us know if you
have additional questions or concerns.

Wishing you a Magical Disney Day!
Tashia

The DisneyStore.com Team

#149336 - 08/17/09 03:33 PM Re: D23 [Re: Qwackertoo]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
If you have a Disney Rewards Visa card, did you notice the 15% coupon at the Disney Store? It is on page 10 of the Fall 2009 mailing and is good until September 13! Hopefully, it is valid at the special Disney Store at the D23 Expo. Unfortunately, it is only valid on a single purchase.

#149338 - 08/17/09 03:41 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

If you have a Disney Rewards Visa card, did you notice the 15% coupon at the Disney Store? It is on page 10 of the Fall 2009 mailing and is good until September 13! Hopefully, it is valid at the special Disney Store at the D23 Expo. Unfortunately, it is only valid on a single purchase.

Mike, I've got most of my items in my cart but most of the time, these codes never work with the fine art, Jim Shore, WDCC etc. so I'm betting not. I've got quite a few Disney Reward Dollars that are going to start expiring in Nov. etc. etc. etc. so I requested a 100 Dollar card and will buy as soon as I get that. I didn't want to request too many since we hope to make a trip soon and that 750 will certainly help. Only one time I was able to use an extra discount, Best Guest or ??? on a framed, limited & numbered fine art print.

Did you get the frame? I'm going to get the frame to put my membership certificate in and hang along side my Disney share of stock and my Pixar share of stock certificates.

Hopefully my Reward Card will arrive soon. I should have requested it a few weeks ago because I knew I have some expiring and knew I wanted to spend some money. Procrastination plus busy with back to school.

Thanks for the info and I'll try it and let you know IF it works or not.

Deana

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity.
~André Gide

#149819 - 08/25/09 01:55 PM Re: Jim Shore at D23? [Re: kawalla]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

On QVC today, Jim Shore said that he was going to be signing at Disneyland Resort in September. His website says only that he will be at Knotts Berry Farm on September 12! \:\) Could he be coming to D23 Expo to sign his Disney ornaments?

#149846 - 08/25/09 07:37 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I finally received my Rewards card today and placed my order. Used the discount code on page 10 and it applied to 4 various items, two being PARK exclusive merchandise but NOT the D23 items. I was pleasantly surprised on the two park items being eligible . . . and then the discounted shipping on the rest of the items. I'm guessing IF I had ordered the D23 membership separately, it would have been free but still would have had to pay on the other items, so it is all good.

I really miss my Best Guest discount and occasional freebies, like a nice watch complete with wooden box, crystal figurine of Belle from Aribas Bros. and a little Cindy & Prince crystal trinket box are a few that come to mind. I use to order so much more when I had that and sometimes could combine/stack with other discount codes . . . and the kids were younger then too.

Deana

#149921 - 08/26/09 07:35 PM Re: Jim Shore at D23? [Re: btowndude]
kawalla Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: San Diego California
That would be great if Jim Shore comes to D23.

I got to meet Jim Shore last year at a dinner and he is such a wonderful person. Very down to earth and so easy to talk to.

Edited by kawalla (08/26/09 07:38 PM)
Edit Reason: add more information

#150298 - 09/02/09 01:41 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
I just joined. I was trying to avoid doing so, but I finally gave in.

#150299 - 09/02/09 01:42 PM Re: D23 [Re: MicheleB]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
If anyone is able to pick up 2 of the Mickey/Pluto car ornaments for me, I would appreciate it very much. If you think you can help me out, please email me at mypoohmail@yahoo.com. Thanks.

#150316 - 09/02/09 05:27 PM Re: D23 [Re: MicheleB]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

FYI - They will be using a voucher system to purchase pins, ornaments, etc. \:\(
I received the following email:

Thank you for your letter.

The D23 exclusive ornament will be available on Thursday in the Dream Store. It is limited to one per guests and a voucher will be given prior to opening (like the pins) for this item. The ornament is $25, it can also be signed by the Hallmark artist who will appear in Hall C Autograph area on Thursday from 12:30 ? 1:30.
Regards,

Jermaine
D23 Guest Services
http://d23.disney.go.com

#150451 - 09/05/09 01:33 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
fab5friend Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Overland Park, KS
I guess the voucher system means will be like the tickets we get at the KOC events to limit each person to one item each. Kind of glad to see that so some people won't hog them all. Jim Shore will be at the mansion event on 9/9 signing and I he's on the schedule to sign 9/10 at the Expo right after the Hallmark signing. Has anyone heard if there will be a special Jim Shore piece for the Expo?

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" --- Walt Disney

#150519 - 09/05/09 06:06 PM Re: D23 [Re: fab5friend]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Interestingly, there has been no rumors on a new Jim Shore piece and the DisneyStore.com has no new Jim Shore Disney ornaments posted.

May be he will give a hint on QVC this Tuesday. He has the TSV with shows at 12 midnight, 10 am, and 7 pm EDT.

#151245 - 09/15/09 07:28 PM Re: D23 [Re: btowndude]
Mr. Grinch Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

What do you get if you join D23 as a Charter Member

#151256 - 09/15/09 09:00 PM Re: D23 [Re: Mr. Grinch]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Since this is the first year of D23, who knows what you will get in the future?

If Disney is like Hallmark, there is no difference between regular and charter members. Every few years, KOC charter members might get a free ornament, and if you go to the national KOC event, you might be able to get your registration materials early.

Disney is currently offering charter members the opportunity to BUY apparel and pins that have CHARTER YEAR or CHARTER MEMBER on them, if that appeals to you. It would be nice, if Disney gave charter members front of the line passes for all presentations and seminars at future Expos. LOL Realistically, there is simply too many charter members to do so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator