YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, 1 invisible), 81 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322834 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#154097 - 10/30/09 09:46 PM Disney Pictures
WDWFigment
Unregistered

Anyone have Disney pictures on their Flickr/SmugMug/etc. accounts? I am somewhat of a hobbyist photographer, and Walt Disney World is my favorite photography subject in the world!

Here are my pictures: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/10245245@N07/popular-interesting/

#154116 - 10/31/09 05:22 AM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: ]
cally Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Your photos are fabulous, thanx for sharing!
Sandy

#154128 - 10/31/09 08:48 AM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: ]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I remember when you posted WDW pictures from your wedding or honeymoon . . . or maybe it was an engagement trip. Love all your Disney pictures. I can only dream of taking such wonderful photos and have even thought about taking a photography class.

#154131 - 10/31/09 09:09 AM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: Qwackertoo]
WDWFigment
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I remember when you posted WDW pictures from your wedding or honeymoon . . . or maybe it was an engagement trip. Love all your Disney pictures. I can only dream of taking such wonderful photos and have even thought about taking a photography class.

Are you on one of the Disney boards (WDWMagic or Disboards)? I've never posted any of those pictures here (they'd be engagement pictures--we get married June 2010).

As for photography, it's pretty easy to learn if you put you're mind to it. I just checked out a couple books from the library and learned from those.

#154133 - 10/31/09 09:23 AM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: ]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Disboards, maybe that is where I saw them. Ooops. They were GREAT pictures. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. \:\)

Maybe I should checkout or buy some books or maybe a tutorial online. After our trips to Switzerland and then Hawaii, I was disappointed in my picture taking skills and I want to be ready for our next big trip. \:\)

#154151 - 10/31/09 12:01 PM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: Qwackertoo]
WDWFigment
Unregistered

^Well, at the very least, you have the right attitude. I get a lot of private messages at those sites wherein people ask me what type of camera I use. I tell them what type, but preface it with the information that the camera isn't the biggest factor in good pictures. 95% of the time, if your pictures aren't turning out well, it's because of the user. A lot of people aren't willing to accept this, and just think they can buy a more expensive camera and get better results.

Anyway, off of my soapbox, I would recommend any book by Bryan Peterson. He's very knowledgeable; even if you only learn the basics, that will help substantially. Good luck!

#154313 - 11/02/09 08:37 AM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: ]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thank you for the information. I've added a couple of the books by Bryan Peterson into my shopping cart at Amazon. Maybe I'll get Steve to buy them for me for Christmas since he never knows what to buy me. \:\)

I think I'd like to go to WDW one of these days, maybe just me myself & I, for a few days and just enjoy some photography and experiment with night shots and fireworks, parades, shows (Fantasmic) etc. etc. All of our trips in the past we were always so busy go, go, going from early to late and the kids never liked to pause and pose for pictures.

#155127 - 11/10/09 07:41 PM Re: Disney Pictures [Re: Qwackertoo]
fab5friend Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Figment - I've always loved your avatar! I assume that's Space Mountain. How did you take that picture?

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" --- Walt Disney

Moderator:  Moderator