YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (Carrie P, DeniseC, 1 invisible), 63 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322834 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#175466 - 08/19/10 05:09 PM Disneyland Meetup on August 26th
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Over on the Disney blog, they posted another meet up today, this time around World of Color. They only gave out 300 spots, and guess who snagged one this time!

Anyone else going?

#175472 - 08/19/10 05:37 PM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: carstairs38]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Nope, I was too busy trying to get thru to the guy to straighten our our order for the package tickets for the D23 EXPO, so I didn't get my email to Heather and her crew til about 11:05, so we didn't get the "good email" this time, unfortunately!

Currently, we have the general admission EXPO tickets, but not the package tickets we wanted, because they had computer problems this morning and all package tickets were inaccessible, listed as being SOLD OUT, even tho they weren't! It's a long story! \:\(

We got in on the first Disney Blog get together, with only *150* people for Toy Story Midway Mania's meet with Kevin Rafferty and had a really good time at that first event.

But on the WOC topic, not to worry, I already won 4 tickets to the special private party sponsored by Coca-Cola, to spend the night at DCA, watching the World of Color in the special reserved section, as well as all of the other festivities that will go on that night, starting at 4 pm!

Now all I need is for my hubby to work out the situation with the D23 EXPO tickets! ARGH!!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#175473 - 08/19/10 05:48 PM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Man, now that I'm a D23 member, I need to figure out what exactly you are talking about with that expo. But that's until next year, right?

#175483 - 08/19/10 08:11 PM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: carstairs38]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Yes, you have to keep up on the latest news with D23, more than Hallmark I think! The EXPO itself isn't until NEXT August, but today is the first day that they put tickets on sale for it. The sooner you buy the tickets, the cheaper they are. Kinda like how Comic-Con sells out really fast, this happens here too!

What further complicated things was that it wasn't until they announced it late yesterday afternoon/night, we didn't know they were offering an extremely limited number of 2 different ticket packages, in addition to the general admission tickets, which was all they had last year and all that was available from what we knew, up until this last minute announcement!

Here's a link to the details, that were given on a page that wasn't accessible under the EXPO info, but someone who found it posted a link to it on Facebook last night:

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/081810_NF_FEAT_D23Expo2011Tickets.html

Hope you have a good time at the WOC Get Together and please say "Hi" to Heather from me!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#175488 - 08/20/10 12:42 AM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

You know, I liked it when the Expo was in September. That weekend is the weekend my Ultimate Frisbee Summer League tournament almost always is. And it's also probably right before the annual audit. If I can make it, it will only be to one day. And at that, I'm going to have to wait until Spring to purchase tickets.

Oh well. I can still dream of doing everything.

#175501 - 08/20/10 11:02 AM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: carstairs38]
ornament*al Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Arizona
Please tell me the Disney blog (site) you get your information from.

Karen W2, with the pricing tears they have it seems like they have endless tickets for the expo. From what you said sounds like that may not be the case? Did they sell out last year?

Thanks

#175520 - 08/20/10 01:14 PM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: ornament*al]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

#175645 - 08/22/10 08:21 AM Re: Disneyland Meetup on August 26th [Re: ornament*al]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
 Originally Posted By: ornament*al
From what you said sounds like that may not be the case? Did they sell out last year?

Thanks

The tickets last year did not sell out. The D23 Expo is open to the public.

KarenW2 was referring to two new ticket packages, exclusive to D23 members. Here is the info from the D23 website:

"In addition to these special advance-purchase savings, D23 Members can also buy new D23 Expo VIP packages that are only available to members. These new packages offer incredible exclusive opportunities and will have very limited availability.

"The Premiere Package includes three days of admission to the D23 Expo; reserved seating at all events and presentations in the Arena; access to a relaxing Premiere Lounge with concierge and complimentary refreshments, as well as a special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives; a D23 Expo autograph book; and a special Premiere Package gift bag."

"The Sorcerer Package includes all benefits in the Premiere Package; a private tour of and reception in the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit the night before the Expo opens; exclusive hardhat tour of the show floor prior to opening; limited edition artwork signed by Disney artist Dave Pacheco; reserved seating at all presentations and panels; a voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist; special shopping opportunities at the Disney Dream Store; and a hardbound, collectible D23 Expo guidebook."

"Only 250 Premiere Package tickets will be available at $500 per ticket. Availability of the Sorcerer Package will be strictly limited to 50 D23 Members at $1,000 per ticket. Both packages are only available to D23 Members. All D23 Members both Gold level and Silver level can take advantage of these exclusive admission savings and access to the special packages."

Apparently, the ticketing website opened earlier than the usual 10 AM PT. But the two new VIP packages were not available at the start. Any one who logged on earlier got the SOLD OUT message. If you logged after 9:30 am, you were able to purchase the VIP passes. \:\)

Moderator:  Moderator