YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (phoenix), 80 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26363 Topics
325838 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#183479 - 11/17/10 02:50 PM "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going?
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
This is me, doing the "Happy Dance"!! I just got the "good email" reply to the email we were instructed to send to CORE D23 Events yesterday!!

The event "sold out" yesterday, within minutes of the "tickets" becoming available!! The event is totally FREE and includes being able to see the movie, the day before it's released to the public, in the wonderful Disney Studio Theatre, at Disney Studios in Burbank!!

I'm sure they'll also open up the Cast Member and Studio gift shops, so members can do some pre-Christmas shopping while we're on the property. They've done that for all of the other events we've been to there.

If you'd like to read all about it, the info is here:

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/112310_EE_TangledScreeningStudioLot.html

The Studio Theatre is a totally amazing theatre, recently refurbished and definitely state of the art, with a HUGE screen and an incredible sound system! We've been to several events there this year and have always enjoyed them, so we're really looking forward to this one!!

Out of the other D23 members here, is anyone else going to this event?

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#183481 - 11/17/10 03:30 PM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I didn't even hear about it. Probably couldn't have gone since I leave the 24th for Thanksgiving with family out of town.

Major jealous here.

#183500 - 11/17/10 07:22 PM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: carstairs38]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
I will be there on my way down to Disneyland.

#183523 - 11/18/10 02:58 AM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: carstairs38]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Hi "car" (sorry, I don't know your real name),
I found out about this event by going to the D23 website frequently. They don't tend to send emails out to members to announce these things much, but they do post things on the website, so I have found, if I want to know what's happening, I have to check there often!!

If you look under "Expo and Events", it'll give you a run down on what's happening, when, and if tickets are still available. We passed on the Tron shopping event. We went to the special event for the Disney Blog "elecTRONica" thing and that was plenty. We'll see the film when it comes out, since we both enjoyed the original and are anxious to see the things we've seen in previews from the Expo last year and at elecTRONica.

It's how I found out about the event we'll be going to before this one, this coming Saturday. It's another fun time of shopping at Mickey's of Glendale, the store only open to Cast Members, at Walt Disney Imagineering, unless they do an event. We can also meet and buy art from Disney Artist Lorelay Bove and enjoy pin and Vinylmation trading while there.

We went there the first time, when they had the shopping/pin trading day, the day after the Roy Disney Dedication Event we went to, when we went to see Pollyanna in the Studios Theatre, back in May, that I posted about. MoG has lots of fun things that you can't get in regular Disney stores or in the parks.

It's also how I found out about the special Christmas event we'll be going to next month. It's another fun time at the Studios, with shopping at the Studios and CM stores there, a reception time with hot cider and sweets in the Legends Plaza and then watching some holiday favorites in the Studios Theatre, like "Pluto's Christmas Tree" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol".

After our time at the Studios, we'll go from there to have a great dinner at Tam O'Shanter in Los Feliz, one of Walt's favorite restaurants. It was considered the "Studio Commissary", back when his company was first starting out. During our time there, we'll see Walt's table and some original artwork the animators did for them, have dinner and be entertained by Dickens Carolers.

"The Tam" is also one of our favorites and we eat there sometimes, when we're in the area. If you haven't been there before, it's a really quaint place that's built to resemble a Scottish cottage, but a lot bigger than most real cottages in Scotland. After dinner, they promise we'll be getting some sort of "special holiday gift to commemorate the occasion".

Maybe it'll be a D23 exclusive Christmas ornament!!

Here's a link to the D23 website: http://d23.disney.go.com/index.html

#183524 - 11/18/10 03:09 AM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: btowndude]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

That's great Mike! We look forward to seeing you again!

#183548 - 11/18/10 01:00 PM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Too bad I didn't post anything about the elecTRONica meet up from the Disney blog. I was there for that.

Obviously, I need to pay more attention to the website. And it might help if I read the e-mails regularly, too.

Mark

#191349 - 02/01/11 10:30 AM Re: "Tangled" Advanced Screening Event - Anyone else here going? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Head's up: The Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, and DVD come out on March 29, 2011. I learned that on Saturday at work because we got the preorder tickets in. 8 weeks for that one.

Amazon's updated to reflect this too.

And for those looking for the new Bambi Diamond edition Blu-ray, it launchs on March 1, 2011. 4 weeks for this one.

Moderator:  Moderator