YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323423 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1819 - 06/26/03 07:48 PM Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK...I have found out that the seller of the 2003 colorways that have sold on ebay, and are currently for sale on ebay are from a GOLD CROWN STORE OWNER. This owner has at least 5 stores. I do not know if each store can get more than one set of the colorways, so this seller can and will have at least 5 sets of the colorways.

As many know last year I got a lot of colorways, but they were obtained by going to a lot of stores. I think its a WHOLE other area when we have a GOLD CROWN STORE OWNER selling them on ebay. I think a store owner, especially a GOLD CROWN owner should be held to higher standards. This store owners actions tarnish the image of a GOLD CROWN store, let alone the Hallmark image. Do you agree or disagree with me.

#1820 - 06/27/03 08:39 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its now in the hands of Hallmark. They told me they will contact the owner, but can not discuss with me the relationship between Hallmark and its store owners. I told them I am a Yulelog boardie and they knew actually what I was talking about. By the way, I called the headquarters, not 1-800-Hallmark. I only wish we could get an udate on the complaint, but they said the law restricts them from doing so. They did tell me, they were not happy by what this store owner is doing.

[This message has been edited by touchekidd (edited 06-27-2003).]

#1821 - 06/27/03 11:23 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

No comment.

#1822 - 06/27/03 03:10 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Touchkid, I have read all your comments on the other subject list, and now this one as well. It is frustrating to read about your complaints about Ebay selling Colorways when you admittedly have many in your collection. I have been collecting HM and other xmas ornies for about 20 years and I have NO Colorways in my collection of 400+ HM ornies.
When I asked HM to send me a list of HM locals in British Columbia, so I could join one, I discovered that there is no club on the list within 400 miles. Boo Hoo!
I live in the northern part of BC and I am six hours away from the nearest HM store. I am a 14 hour drive from Vancouver (if you only stop for gas), or about $800 to fly there. I don't have easy access to go from one store to the next as you do. Especially when the roads are impassable in winter driving conditions. To read your complaints about something like Ebay selling colorsways really pisses me off. Ebay might be the only way I'll ever have a colorway in my collection, if I'm lucky! I spend at least $1000 a year on HM ornies and I can't collect HM points like you can. It must be nice to have so little to complain about.

Think about how LUCKY you really are.

Marie

[This message has been edited by mariem (edited 06-27-2003).]

#1823 - 06/27/03 03:21 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mariem:

To read your complaints about something like Ebay selling colorsways really pisses me off.
Think about how LUCKY you really are.

I think you need to reread my posting and better understand what the complaint it about. It is in no way about coloreways being sold on ebay. (I really don't know how you concluded that was the complaint). The complaint is that a HALLMARK GOLD CROWN STORE OWNER is listing them on ebay rather than the intention that Hallmark had for them, which is to be offered thru the Register to Win Drawings. If a store owner sells them, or offers them in a raffle, the person who got the ornie can do whatever they want with it, INCLUDING SELLING IT ON EBAY. But its a much different story when the owner never offers the piece for sale/or raffle, and lists them on ebay. Hallmark agrees with me, that a gold crown store owner should be held to higher standards. I do hope you see the difference.

#1824 - 06/27/03 03:33 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Touchekid, I do see the difference. I agree that members should be given the opportunity to win the ornies before they get on Ebay. I have to admit I also did not like to see them on Ebay before they are even out.
Sorry for bieng such a cow! I just saw red. It is very frustrating to not be offered the opportunity to participate in offers and things that other members have, because of geography. Marie

#1825 - 06/27/03 04:34 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
My question, Touchekidd, is, did you win all the Colorways last year from the HMK stores you visited or did you buy the Colorways from those stores?

I appreciate you contacting HMK though about the Ebay situation going on right now with the Colorways.

#1826 - 06/27/03 07:32 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
SandyT Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Uniontown PA USA
Sorry, touchekidd, I don't see the difference between the Hallmark owners and you. You both sold Colorways before Premiere. It seems to me that you are crying sour grapes only because someone else beat you to it!

#1827 - 06/27/03 07:51 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sandy Sandy Sandy!!! Are you kidding me. I am not a GOLD CROWN STORE OWNER. Surely you should be able to figure out on your own how disappointing it is to see an OWNER doing this. NO NO NO. No sours grapes as you put it because someone beat me to it!! I applaud anyone who is willing to do what I did last year. I went to MANY MANY stores, entered many contests, bought others and ended up with the ornies I did. Again, nothing wrong with that, and CAN NOT be compared to a GOLD CROWN OWNER selling them on ebay. I believe you know better!!

#1828 - 06/27/03 08:47 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm afraid I'm with touchekidd on this one. I won contests at my local HM for two years in a row before I figured out what a colorway was. I found out later that my busy bee shopper and hershey syrup penguin should have been colored differently, and was heartbroken. When I confronted the store OWNER, she claimed she had no idea some were colored differently. Doesn't she read her own paperwork? I called hallmark about this, but got no results. I can't help but think this store owner was keeping the special ornaments for her own purposes. Wouldn't THIS store owner have a premiere? if so, it sounds like several other collectors are being robbed of the chance of winning a treasure. I'm grateful you alerted Hallmark, touchekidd!
gigglemommy

#1829 - 06/27/03 09:59 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
RCarp Offline
Elf VP

Loc: California
I totally agree that this is WRONG! If one store does this, what is to stop other owners from getting the idea that it is a way to make a profit? Hallmark intended these for their CUSTOMERS to win...not for the owner to take for their own gain! I think Hallmark should cut off that guys Gold Crown status..and/or not allow him to order any more colorways. This guy must be a real jerk to ruin the fun of the premiere for his own benefit. I must say that in the past, I have been jealous reading about "touchekidd" and all the ornaments found by him/her! Certainly you have an advantage being in NY, and can visit many many stores..maybe that makes for hard feelings for those of us that never win anything or find great surprises on the shelf. However, you did do the legwork, so should be able to reap the rewards. I must say that last year, because of what I had read on here, I did check the shelves and found one colorway tractor that I purchased, so it can happen to any of us! Robin in Cali

#1830 - 06/28/03 07:13 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
SandyT Offline
Elf Manager

Just wanted to say a few more things---first,
even if you do the legwork to get colorways, or if even if you don't, selling them BEFORE PREMIERE is WRONG! I thought it was stated last year on this post that each store pays for their own premier prizes. With that said, it means they can do basically want they want with them, even selling them to someone else, who can then sell them on ebay!!! No legwork involved!
Lastly, with reporting to Hallmark every year on this problem, the only thing that may happen is they will get disgusted and stop making them!
Some have to ruin it for everyone!!

#1831 - 06/28/03 10:04 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know how Hallmark will ever be able to stop store owners from doing this. No matter what they say or do there will always be the ones that break the rules. Hallmark could start to be the one to mail the special ornaments to the winners. The store would do the drawing and then Hallmark would mail the winners the ornaments. Would take the fun out of getting the call from the store and picking up your winning prize. I feel lucky that the 9 stores I go to do the drawings the way they are suppose to.

I don't blame anyone that is able to buy and then sells on Ebay the special ornaments, it is the store owners who sold the ornament to them that I blame.

Marilyn

#1832 - 06/28/03 10:32 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SandyT:

Lastly, with reporting to Hallmark every year on this problem, the only thing that may happen is they will get disgusted and stop making them!

I hope this doesn't happen, yet if everything they do turns into a problem with collectors, why try to do something special? I'm sure there are lots of people who win those ornaments that don't even know the significance of the different color! I know this gets "off topic" of the store owner, but I'd hate to see a great thing come to an end.....

#1833 - 06/28/03 04:42 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I look at this a little differently - I don't see the point of getting pissed off only at sellers. If BUYERS wouldn't buy them before premiere, there wouldn't be a market or a need for anyone to sell them on ebay or anywhere else. Face it, people want to sell them before premiere because they figure they'll make the most money that way and they often do. People can't wait so they're willing to pay a premium and that's what sellers are taking advantage of.

As for a gold crown store owner selling colorways, I don't see how Hallmark can enforce the policy prohibiting otherwise. And if they can't enforce it yet people complain about it happening, I can easily see HM not doing this at all which ruins it for anyone else who does follow the rules. I can't get upset about an owner (or anyone else) doing this - if it's wrong, I don't support it by bidding. I figure what goes around comes around and they'll "pay" for it some other way. It isn't up to me to judge them for it.

[This message has been edited by homemadebycarol (edited 06-28-2003).]

#1834 - 06/28/03 05:49 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Richard Gehrke Offline

Loc: Mahtowa, MN
Time for my 2cents here on this issue.

I know that it's been said before that Hallmark can't really control what these owners do with these ornaments and that they can do with them whatever they want to. This bothers me for a couple of reasons, for 1 they are suppose to be used as prizes for the Premiere Contest. 2, anybody can come in and pay a price for these ornaments. I know for a fact that one secondary dealer has made several offers to different hallmarks to buy these ornaments from them. These owners in my opinion have a complete disrespect for their ornament collectors.

I am thankful that the 2 hallmarks I patronize (and the old hallmark that shut down) had a complete respect for their collectors and followed through with these prizes for their collectors. I think that Hallmark did the right thing last year by having the person sign for their ornament prize and put their address on them. I think Hallmark should also advise their gold crown stores to post and advertise the winners for these prizes in their store which would help to make this contest more on the up and up.

I also don't blame anyone for buying these ornaments on EBay. Like for some people they don't have an option to get these ornaments as a prize and it's also available as an option for those who didn't get these as a prize (I bought one last year of First Snow cause I wanted it for my personal collection and not for resale). I don't blame a person for putting these up on EBay especially when they might acquire several during their Premiere Weekend through chance and circumstance.

That's all I have to say on this subject for today.

#1835 - 06/28/03 07:38 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
SandyT Offline
Elf Manager

I totally agree with homemadebycarol and Richard, this really is the answer --
don't bid or buy before Premiere. I stated this last year on this topic that once Premiere is here, everyone is free to buy or sell. At that time no one really knows how the Colorways were obtained! The gripe I feel is that people are upset because it is
happening before Premiere.
I also feel like Richard that the Hallmarks I buy from are also on the up and up with the colorways, and these are the ones I give my business to.
In summary, I am upset to see this happening,
but I do not buy or bid before Premiere.
I am happy to see everyone WIN a Colorway,
but if I do want a Colorway, I will bid on ebay at a later date, usually when the price is lower.

#1836 - 06/29/03 10:10 AM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
marywarning Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greer, S.C.
Okay, here are two more stores (?) selling on ebay.
One is rp43 out of Ontario
and the 2nd one is hazy2001 out of Montreal and he/she has 127 ornaments listed and they are mostly 2003 ornaments.
Some of these ornaments are/were colorways.
Mary

#1837 - 06/29/03 03:08 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Now that I'm back from eBay Live in Florida and don't have 10,000 eBay users asking me for trading pins or trading cards, I can post a little more coherently and add that I don't see much of a difference between a gold crown store owner selling colorways on ebay or selling them to anyone who walks into his/her store and asks to buy them, regardless of whether it happens before or after premiere. Either way, they're still not following the contest rules by having the colorways as prizes. The only difference is when they sell at retail from their store, the secondary market profit isn't going to them but to the person they sold it to if that person turns around and sells them on the secondary market. Also, I don't blame people for bidding on colorways and wanting them for their collection if they support the auctions gainfully obtained after premiere. I'm assuming those who are bidding on the ones before premiere either don't know these "shouldn't" be sold before premiere, or know but don't think they'll win one and want it badly enough that they don't mind how the colorways were obtained. Despite all my opinions on this subject , it still doesn't really bother me. If kept in perspective, this is someone making maybe a few hundred dollars selling something that isn't going to physically harm anyone to someone who is purchasing something that might bring them a little bit of happiness - there are worse things going on in the world.

On a completely separate note, I was pleasantly surprised to unexpectedly meet up again with Clara Johnson Scroggins at eBay Live. She was there as press covering the conference for Collector's Mart. Such a sweet lady! I'm looking forward to seeing her again in Scottsdale.
------------------
Calories eaten standing up don't count.

[This message has been edited by homemadebycarol (edited 06-29-2003).]

#1838 - 06/29/03 07:30 PM Re: Gold Crown Store Owner Selling Colorways on Ebay
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Since the Hallmark Store purchases these kits, they can do with whatever they want. That is what I was told by a person related to a Hallmark Store owner. Yes, the Store in question has the Contests and they notify the winners as soon as they pick the names.

I feel sorry for the people who live in areas with few Hallmark Stores and the Store does not have the Contest. Are these two Canadian Stores one of those?

A while ago, I entered a drawing at a Hallmark Store in my area. I did not win one of the Hallmark prizes, but I did win a prize that the Store gave out as extra's. I am sure there are more like these than the ones who "sell" their kits. These Stores should be congratulataed for going out of their way to make things fun for all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator