YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26363 Topics
325839 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#183955 - 11/26/10 12:43 PM $5 Disney Ornaments on Online Sale
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
The DisneyStore.com has put many of their ornaments on sale for $5, including the new ones for Toy Store 3 and Tangled ornaments. There is free shipping, if you spend over $75.

#184162 - 11/29/10 10:14 PM Re: $5 Disney Ornaments on Online Sale [Re: btowndude]
Kathy from FL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Seminole, FL USA
Just my luck!!!!! I ordered week before last and they came in on Wed.!!! But I did just order the Tinker Bell Tree topper for the discount price!!

#184163 - 11/29/10 10:14 PM Re: $5 Disney Ornaments on Online Sale [Re: btowndude]
Kathy from FL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Seminole, FL USA
somehow I doubled it!

Edited by Kathy from FL (11/29/10 10:15 PM)

#184236 - 11/30/10 08:25 PM Re: $5 Disney Ornaments on Online Sale [Re: btowndude]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Between the 50% off on the orns we bought at Mickey's of Glendale a week ago Saturday and the ones I was able to pick up at my local Disney store today, I have almost all of the Disney produced orns I'm looking for.

Today I bought for $5 each: Alice in a chair with the Mad Hatter & March Hair having a Tea Party, Alice's Queen of Hearts with the White Rabbit and Cheshire Cat, Marie on her pink cushion, Flora/Fauna/Merriweather in a castle window box, Cleo and Goldie on a little pedestal, the Siamese Cats with a goldfish in a bowl, Rapunzel standing and holding her hair (so much cuter than the Hallmark version!!), Pascal on a paintbrush and Flynn and Rapunzel in the boat with the lantern.

At Mickey's of Glendale, for 1/2 price, I bought: Buzz and Woody standing together under big Mickey ears, Alice in a blue sparkling pinafore, Jessy riding Bullseye, a glass Tinker Bell with candies that matches the Tinker Bell with wand tree topper I bought (the orn includes a recipe for Sugar Cookies on the back of it!), a sparkling "Luxo Junior" lamp wrapped up with Christmas decorations, a blown glass orn with frosted snow and snowflakes on the outside and the Disneyland castle, Mickey and Minnie inside, a Victorian glass and fabric closed ball orn of Mickey and Minnie in Victorian finery, holding a present, with a street lamp, another Victorian style orn kinda like an egg, only it's open on both sides, of Mickey and Minnie in Victorian garb singing carols. The red and gold Victorian orns are really gorgeous and have real "jewels" decorating them!

I still need to find these orns: Peter Pan characters flying by Big Ben (all of these at my local store had Peter's arm broken off!), Lady and the Tramp and pups with a package, Chip and Dale with a peanut, and the Light-Up Castle. The Disney website shows these as sold out, or not even on there anymore.

They really came out with some cute orns this year, but the "disaster plaster" they're made of sure makes for a LOT of breakage!! In addition to Peter's arms missing, there were also missing heads for the March Hair or Flora, and other things. The paint jobs also vary a lot, from orn to orn, so it took me quite a while to find ones I liked. That's one reason I prefer to buy them in person vs. ordering them online, since you can't compare them against others that way.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#184882 - 12/07/10 08:46 PM Re: $5 Disney Ornaments on Online Sale [Re: btowndude]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Checked back with my local Disney store - none of the orns I was looking for were back in yet, but now they had Beauty and the Beast orns, so I got 3 - Belle and the Beast, Lumiere and Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts with Chip. There was only one of B&B, so I was happy to see it had a fine paint job and no breakage. I had to look thru several orns, to find good ones of the other two, but I did find good ones.

Now here's where the shopping trip turned weird! This time, instead of the originally priced $9.50 orns being priced $4.50 each, like they were last week, they were suddenly marked $4.99 instead!! The ones that are left on the Disney website are now the same price too! You'd think they would make the price less, not more, as it gets closer to Christmas. I talked to the cashier about this, asked why they upped the price and she said she didn't know.

She said they might get some more orns in again, so I may check back with them, if I'm not able to find the ones I want tomorrow, when we go to the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank and we get to shop in their stores.

I wrote down a list of those I've picked up already, so I can bring it with me and not end up with any duplicates, if I'm caught up in the midst of a shopping frenzy.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

Moderator:  Moderator