YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (JerseyVike, ajfargo), 38 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26131 Topics
322953 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#194509 - 03/23/11 05:48 PM LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!!
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
I spent several hours today accumulating the info below:

In my email box today, I received one from Barnes and Noble, with their current deal for pre-ordering the Tangled Blu-Ray Set:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/spec...S-_-kiddvdtang

They have the following -
1-Disc DVD for $17.09 (save 43%)
2 Discs Blu-Ray Combo Pack - $22.79 (save 43%)
4-Discs 3-D BR Combo Pack - $35.61 (save 28%).

With the pre-order purchase of any of them, you receive the Tangled Read-Along Storybook and CD (regularly $6.99). The description of the book says it features the ORIGINAL voices on the CD, so that's great! I always hate it when they use a supposed "sound alike" voice on rides and things. I can always tell the difference and it kinda spoils the effect for me!

Here's what the Disney shopping online is offering:

Pre-Order 2-Disc Tangled Blu-ray Combo Pack before March 29, 2011 and receive an exclusive set of 4 Lithographs, while supplies last. Each 10'' x 14'' lithograph features a special Disney seal stamped in gold foil. Price - $24.99.

Also receive $20 off a future online purchase of $40.00 or more; or $10 off a future online purchase of up to $39.99. An e-mail will be sent at the conclusion of the pre-sale with a unique promotion code valid for a future online purchase made between 3/29/11 - 4/10/11 (so it can't be used towards the pre-order set).

They also have: Pre-Order 4-Disc Tangled Blu-ray and DVD + Disney File Combo Pack 1280414 - Item No. 786936810653P - Price: $32.99, but apparently they aren't offering the bonus goodies on this version!

I called my local Disney store and found out they're only pre-ordering the 2-disc Blu-Ray set for $24.99, not the 4-disc set and here's what comes with that:

4 lithos with gold seals (offered with the online store purchase)

FREE Tangled Shopping Bag (regularly $4.99)

$10 off purchase coupon with a $20 in-store purchase- only good in "brick and mortar" Disney stores - purchase has to be made between 3-24 until 4-10 (so it can't be used towards the pre-order set).

OR $20 off purchase coupon with a $40 in-store purchase - only good in "brick and mortar" Disney stores - from 3-24-11 until 4-10-11 (so it can't be used toward the pre-order set).

Walmart.com has:

Regular 1-Disc DVD for $16.96 (save 43%)
2-Disc Blu-Ray for $19.96 (save 50%)
4-Disc set for $29.96 (save 33%)

All include free shipping to your home, but no additional perks.

Amazon.com offers the following:

Regular 1-Disc DVD - $16.99 (save 43%)
2-Disc Blu-Ray Combo - $19.99 (save 50%)
4-Disc 3-D B-R Combo - $29.99 (save 40%)

All are eligible for FREE Shipping with a $25 purchase.

Only the 2-Blu-Ray Combos are also eligible for $10 off if you also purchase one of the following Blu-Ray combos: Beauty & the Beast (2 versions), Fantasia 2000, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, or the other Tangled combo.

They don't offer any additional perks.

BestBuy.com has:

Regular 1-Disc DVD - $14.99
2-Disc Blu-Ray Combo - $19.99
4-Disc 3D B-R Combo - $29.99

They offer no additional perks, but they sell a green Pascal Plush online for $6.99. There is no info on his size or anything, but he can be pre-ordered. The Disney Stores in my area sell him for $8.50 or 2 for $15.00. I wonder if it's the same kind.

Target.com offers:

Regular 1-Disc DVD - $16.99
2-Disc Blu-Ray Combo - $22.99
2-Disc Blu-Ray Combo with Little Golden Book - $29.99
4-Disc 3-D BR Combo - $29.99
4-Disc 3-D BR Combo with Little Golden Book - $37.99

All of these qualify for "Bullsyey Free Shipping" with a $50 purchase.

There are no other additional perks.

-----------------------
Has anyone else seen any other offers? We plan to get the DVD, but we're not sure which deal we'll pick! It's very confusing, especially since the Disney store online offers something different than the "brick and mortar" store!

Has anyone heard what either of the World of Disney stores (California or Florida) is offering, if you pre-order or purchase from them?

I'm trying to assemble all the info I can, before we decide where we're getting it and whether or not we want any additional perks. [u][/u]

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#194510 - 03/23/11 06:17 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I gave up trying to keep track. Mine will be arriving from Amazon whenever they decide they've punished those of us who chose free shipping enough.

(Can you tell I hate the fact that it often takes them an extra week to ship stuff for free? Barnes and Nobel can ship it the next day for free.)

Edited by carstairs38 (03/23/11 06:18 PM)

#194513 - 03/23/11 06:39 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I've been printing off the 10.00 off coupon from Disney Movie Rewards for my last couple of purchases since TS3. It is a real hassle though. I might not do it anymore . . . they treat you like you're a scam artist . . . geez IF I'm going to go to jail, it will be for MILLIONS, not ten bucks. But then the cashiers probably are just doing CYA for themselves so they don't get yelled at later that day when they balance their register cash drawer & receipts.

#194573 - 03/24/11 07:45 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

If you go here, you can click on the link and download a coupon for $5.00 off the purchase of the 4-Disc 3-D set, tho it's not good with any other offers:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tangled-coupon

At the price of this set, you'd think they would've made it a $10 off coupon, like they have for other movies in the past! Oh well, it's better than nothing!

#194608 - 03/25/11 05:52 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
The reason Tangled only warrants a $5 off coupon while most of the other recent ones, like Fantasia and Beauty and the Beast, were $10 off is that those were an incentive to get most people to purchase a movie they already had and would likely not buy again without getting a better deal. I'm hoping that next week, with the Tron 2-pack, they again offer the upgrade deal seeing that this will be my fifth purchase of that movie having previously bought it on CED, LaserDisc and twice on DVD!

#194682 - 03/28/11 03:27 AM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Sooo, after all my checking around, it all comes down to the ads that were in today's paper!

If I pass on the whole pre-ordering stuff, Best Buy has the 4-Disc Blu-Ray set on sale for $29.99, but tells you about the Disney Rewards coupon for $5 off, so it leaves you with it costing $24.99, with a FREE Pascal Plush Toy!

Target has the 4-Disc set for $24.99 and if you buy another Disney DVD shown in the ad, you get a $10 Target gift card. They mention the $5 coupon, but you can't use the coupon with the $10 gift card deal. I don't need any more Disney DVDs at present, so that doesn't matter to me.

Remembering the best deal I got on the Alice in Wonderland set at Best Buy, they do the price-matching thing, so if I bring in the Target ad, I'll get the 4-Disc set for their price of $24.99, minus the $5 coupon for a total of $19.99 (the price for the 2-Disc set that doesn't have a coupon for it) and I'll still get the Pascal plush for FREE!

In addition, on the Disney Rewards site, they have a deal going that when you buy Tangled in either format, sign in and enter the Magic Code between 3-29 til 6-30-11, you get a "FREE" Tangled Bracelet and Charm, for only the price of the shipping and processing (whatever that is). Depending on how much that is, I'll get the bracelet for one of my girlfriends' daughters.

Unless I hear of any better deals out there, I think that's what I'm going with for Tuesday, since it doesn't require me to make any additional purchases (we have a ton of Disney stuff already) or make 2 trips to a store (one to pre-order and another one to pick it up)!

#194716 - 03/28/11 04:12 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I would not feel right trying to get BB to match the Target price AND get the 5.00 off that Target specifically excludes. It would be pretty uncomfortable for you to go to BB and have them tell you, "no can do, this is not a price match offer", kinda embarrassing over 5 bucks. Sounds like you've spend way more time & energy than 5 bucks trying to figure out the best deal.

Maybe this is why the cashiers at Wal-Mart and TRU give me the third degree when legitimately using the 10.00 off coupons because people try to beat the system and cheat the merchant of any profit in the process.

#194717 - 03/28/11 04:30 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

I just got back from the Disney store! Today was the last day to pre-order the Tangled DVD and get the goodies that go with it.

I decided since we don't need the 3-D version or the digital one, the 2-Disc version would be fine for us and the Disney Store had the best deal then, since I really like the artwork from it and the Rapunzel shopping bag is just so darned cute!

Add to that the $10/$20 off a Disney Store purchase starting tomorrow, it's better than getting the 4-Disc version at the 2-Disc price (with 2 useless disks) and then spending $4.99, if I wanted to get the bag, but then I wouldn't get the artwork and the $10/$20 coupon for spending $19.99 elsewhere.

Also, it turns out the girl on the phone from the Disney Store gave me the wrong info about the coupons. The $10 coupon info says it's good on ANY purchase (no minimum, like the $20 off a $40 or more purchase coupon), so that's an even better coupon to use! I can get 2 colors of Pascal (I just want the blue and green ones) for $15.00, pay $5.00, so it's like getting them for $2.50 each, instead of $7.50.

#194728 - 03/28/11 09:04 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Qwackertoo]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I would not feel right trying to get BB to match the Target price AND get the 5.00 off that Target specifically excludes. It would be pretty uncomfortable for you to go to BB and have them tell you, "no can do, this is not a price match offer", kinda embarrassing over 5 bucks. Sounds like you've spend way more time & energy than 5 bucks trying to figure out the best deal.

I have no qualms about doing this at Best Buy. Target is offering the four disc set for $24.99 and, if you use the five dollar coupon which they offer as an option, you can get it for $19.99, why not? I have Best Buy price match all of the time. I've had some box sets lowered by as much as $25. They never argue. In fact, they usually say, "Wow, that's a good deal."

Tomorrow, I expect to walk out of Best Buy with a four disc copy of Tangled for less than $10. I'll give the stuffed toy to whatever kid happens to be standing in my checkout line. I don't need that dust collector sitting around.

My best deal with Best Buy was the four disc set of Disney's A Christmas Carol for $7.99. If you take your time and look around, you can get good deals out there. Looking for some good deals next week on the Tron movies.

#194774 - 03/29/11 07:54 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Well, I got my four disc combo set of Tangled but it cost me about $10.25, just a little more than I thought I would end up spending. Here's hoping I can get the same kind of deal next week on the Tron films.

#194817 - 03/30/11 01:07 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
ornament*al Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Arizona
I hope you don't mind me asking but...
How did you get it for $10.25?
I looked at all the options & got my 4 disc set at Best Buy & used Targets ad to price match. The lady that helped me said it rung up for $24.99 w/o the price match. I used the $5.00 coupon & got the free Pascal.
Target seems to have the best price on these DVD's when they are released but recently they started putting the DVD's in a plastic security case & the cashier has a hard time getting them out & usually messes up the outer sleeve.

#194824 - 03/30/11 04:19 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

I just put in the code from the Tangle DVD and ordered my "FREE" ($3.10 shipping and "processing" actually) Tangled Bracelet and Charm! It will be here in the regular 6-8 weeks of course.

If it turns out to be child-sized, which I expect, I'll give it to one of my girlfriends, for her young daughter Haley.

#195309 - 04/03/11 05:48 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Yesterday, I received an email confirmation from the Disney Movie Rewards folks, to let me know they've shipped the bracelet, so I should be receiving it soon!

Also yesterday, we went to the newest Disney store in San Diego, since my hubby wasn't able to come with me, when they had the special D23 club-exclusive store opening event, so he could check it out. I also wanted to see if they had anything I wanted to use my $10/$20 coupon on.

After calling around to all of the Disney stores in Orange County and San Diego County before we left, I found out they have been sold out of Pascal plush for a while now, so I wasn't able to get the 2 of him I wanted. I hope the new ones arrive in time for me to use the coupon before it expires next Sunday!

I was VERY surprised the stores didn't get new stock of all their Tangled-related merchandise, since the pre-ordered DVD set was for sale on Tuesday and they were already out of several Tangled items at the stores. You'd think if they were smart, they would've gotten stocked up on the stuff, so people could use their coupons to buy the things!

#195950 - 04/09/11 01:38 AM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Talk about the Tangled bracelet coming soon! Yesterday, I had a large padded envelope in my mail box. Inside was a really cute bracelet and charm. It's big enough to fit on my arm, so I'll be hanging onto it.

Tomorrow we'll be going to the nearby Disney store, to see what interesting thing I can spend my $10/$20 coupon on, before it expires on Sunday.

#196117 - 04/10/11 09:33 PM Re: LOTS of different deals for the Tangled DVD pre-orders!! [Re: Karen W2]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

(I'm pretending this is Pascal, blending into the shamrock!)

Here's a Pascal plush update - we went to the local Disney Store yesterday, but as I expected, they hadn't gotten any more of the Pascal plush in. I talked to the girl who I believe is the manager and she said that tho she couldn't give me a rain check on the $10/$20 coupon, what I could do was to buy 2 plush that were in the same price group as the Pascals are, use the $10 off coupon and when they back come in (maybe Wednesday, but she said they can't order anything, they get what comes in and they don't know what it'll be until it shows up - seems like a wacky way to do business to me!), I can make an even exchange for the 2 Pascals I want (one blue, one green).

So I'll give them a call later in the day on Wednesday, to see if they show up, otherwise, I'll just keep calling until they do. They took my name and phone number and said they'd call, but you never know if they will for sure. Regardless, I think spending a net price of only $14.99 for the DVDs and the other goodies was a good deal!

Today we've watched the extras, are watching the movie now and I'm happy to say, it's still fun to watch over again!

Moderator:  Moderator