YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26235 Topics
324276 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#198820 - 05/31/11 12:30 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: LyndaB]
Karen kollects Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I would love to have one with great color pictures. Most serious collections have books like this to "fan the collector flame" -- This benefits Hallmark the most because it attracts interest of new would-be collectors.

#198821 - 05/31/11 12:33 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: grandma lise]
Nicki Pierce Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Lenexa, KS
 Originally Posted By: grandma lise
I believe the value guide plays an important role in cultivating new collectors which is good for collectors, clubs, secondary sellers and ultimately Hallmark.

Lisa

Lisa,
You are SO RIGHT...this is exactly the reason I push so hard for a quality up-to-date Value Guide. It does cultivate new collectors, generates interest/excitement, & educates us all. Nothing is really collectible without reference/documentaion materials.

Thank you to all that have responded thus far, and to those that are "shy to post"...it's a good time to speak up if you have an interest. Nicki

#198824 - 05/31/11 01:08 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Joe_Collector]
Loo-Ann Allen Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Summerfield,Fl. U S.A
Yes I would buy a new Hallmark Ornament Value Guide Book.
Some time back I had ask about this guide on this board and Nicki Pierce came on the board and put Don Hall's work address so I did mail a letter to him and someone else at Hallmark mailed a form letter back saying they would not be doing a new ornament value guide.
I sure hope Hallmark will do a new ornament value guide and hope they would put the series all together in the book.

Loo-Ann

#198828 - 05/31/11 01:52 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: LyndaB]
Gwenda Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Middle Tennessee
$24.95 is no problem for me either and I have 2 copies of the earlier guide. I would be in for 2 copies of the updated guide. I have the Yulelog software too.

I have a close friend who also collects and I know that she would be in for a copy of an updated guide to repalce her old well read copy.

I'm in two local clubs and will mention this blog to both clubs so they can post their input too. Definately want everyone to have the opportunity to show their interest in an updated guide.

Would the Hallmark stores be carrying some copies of the updated guide? I ask as I know a lot of big collectors don't belong to local clubs and since many are older, not all use computers. If ornament shoppers saw the guide in the store during one of the ornament events they shop, I'm sure many of them would also buy a guide book. Even many casual collectors might like the guide book to get an idea of what their smaller collections might be worth.

#198830 - 05/31/11 02:25 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Joe_Collector]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I sent an EMail to two local clubs to gather information on how many people would be interested, how many copies they'd buy (some people would want more than one so that other family members would have one), and if they'd buy one over the Internet or would prefer to buy one in a Hallmark store. There are three people from the Indianapolis club I belonged to that don't have Internet access and wouldn't know what to do if they went to the library to use one; they obviously don't get my EMails and I believe at least two of them would buy a book at a Hallmark store.

Nicki, I'll send you my results when I get them collected and summarized. I think that there will be a fair number of people who say "I'd love to have a new book!"

Two years ago, when I went to the Christmas and Collectibles Outlet in Warsaw, I asked if they had any more of Clara's green book that covered the 1973-1993 ornaments. The woman told me that they had sold out of them and now they had the white book as a replacement. I looked puzzled because I didn't remember that there had been a book like that with a white cover, so she pulled out the 2006 Value Guide. I knew that there was a difference but I didn't tell her since it didn't wouldn't have made a difference.

#198831 - 05/31/11 02:34 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Gwenda]
AnneTx Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Austin,Texas,USA
I would love to see an updated value guide and would be happy to pre-order one. I don't use it so much for the "values" as those change too quickly, but it is so nice to have one place to look at all the ornaments. Thanks, Nicki, for working on this with BangZoom and Hallmark. Please keep us posted!

Anne

#198833 - 05/31/11 02:35 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: LyndaB]
thsrocks Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY
I am all for a new one.

#198835 - 05/31/11 02:46 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: thsrocks]
Santa Girl Offline
Elf VP

Loc: San Diego, CA
For those who are on Facebook, it couldn't hurt to post on Hallmarks page and let them know of your interest. I just did and have already received a response.

#198836 - 05/31/11 03:16 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Nicki Pierce]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Nicki,
I would definitely be interested in a new book, especially if it includes all of the limited editions, RTW and other orns not included in the Dream Books!

It would also be great if it has an alphabetical listing of each of the orns included in the book by name, not just grouped by series, in the back of the book. It's always easier to find an orn if you know the name of it that way, whether it's part of a series or not, even if you don't know what year it was issued.

I know several others who would definitely be interested in getting a book too!

I hope our feedback helps!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#198838 - 05/31/11 03:39 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Karen W2]
Mary Lynn Offline
Elf Manager

I'm in!

#198839 - 05/31/11 04:02 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Mary Lynn]
SharonB Offline

Loc: California
I'm in, too. Hallmark, please hear us!

#198841 - 05/31/11 04:13 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Nicki Pierce]
Joe_Collector Offline

Loc: Holland, MI
Nicki & Hallmark,

Please, please publish an updated value guide. $24.95 for a value guide is no problem, put me down for one and I know several members of our local club, who do not have computer access but would want one too!!!

Thank you!

Dennis

#198846 - 05/31/11 04:28 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Joe_Collector]
missy123 Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: pa
Would love a new guide

#198847 - 05/31/11 04:28 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Joe_Collector]
frostie Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Maine
I'm in.

I miss having a Collector's Guide/Secondary Market Value Guide.

Thanks!

#198849 - 05/31/11 04:36 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: frostie]
spiffy9
Unregistered

Hello I am new to everything, I think I started out wrong. My name is Dianne and I am an ornament collector. I live in Ga. I am a stay at home mom.

#198851 - 05/31/11 04:42 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: ]
spiffy9
Unregistered

Hello Don't let me run everyone off. I am really nice. Dianne

#198852 - 05/31/11 04:47 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: ]
BethB Offline

Loc: Blue Springs MO
A new guide would be wonderful! I would definitely be interested.

#198853 - 05/31/11 04:48 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: ]
Holiday Haze Offline
Elf

Loc: Rancho Cordova,Ca.
Hello and welcome to the boards! If you are looking for a specific ornament you'll want to post it in the "Buy Sell Trade Forum" that will also be the place to sell as well.

#198857 - 05/31/11 05:31 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: jrudy]
Deano Offline

Loc: Leawood, Kansas U.S.A
I too would be interested in a new price guide if for nothing other than to keep track of all the variations that Hallmark has come out with over the years. It would be well worth the price to be able to see the differences in colors and the updated information this guide would provide. Rather than giving a hard and fast secondary market price it should give a range at which one could be expected to purchase any ornament on the secondary market. With the economy as it is and ornament sales in a prolonged slump this could only help generate interest in collecting ornaments.

#198860 - 05/31/11 05:59 PM Re: Wishing for A New Hallmark Value Guide? [Re: Joe_Collector]
SandyT Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Uniontown PA USA
I would be interested in a new Hallmark Value Guide. I think the price is just right, and was thinking, with the ornaments starting in 1973, that would put the anniversary of Hallmark ornaments at 40 years, if the guide comes out in 2013!
Just a thought!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator