YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
1562 Members
15 Forums
26881 Topics
331017 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#199780 - 06/16/11 07:23 PM Move from Windows Machine to Mac?
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I have two friends who have been using Yulelog on their Windows machine for their ornament collections. They now have iPads and are interested in moving their collections from their laptops (Windows machines) to be able to use Yulelog on it instead.

They understand that they need the Mac version of Yulelog, so that's not a question or issue.

They are wondering if there's a way they can export their collection on their Windows machine, burn that file to a CD, and use an external CD drive to load the collection information on their iPads. Can the Mac version of the program take a file exported from the Windows version and use it to initialize their Mac version?

I thought I'd ask this as a separate topic because I figure my friends aren't alone in considering this.

#199792 - 06/17/11 08:13 AM Re: Move from Windows Machine to Mac? [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
After you have purchased and installed the Mac version, you can move the data from Windows to Mac using the backup files. Information on doing that is at
http://www.yulelog.com/helpfaq.htm#move

The only way to see it on an iPad would be to print out one of the reports as a PDF file and then use one of the iPad PDF reader Apps. Of course this is just a method of reading a report. YuleLog will not run on an iPad. Totally different operating systems.

#199850 - 06/18/11 04:21 PM Re: Move from Windows Machine to Mac? [Re: Todd Ray]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Thanks for your answer! I'll pass it along to them!

Moderator:  Moderator