YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26322 Topics
325324 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#20309 - 04/14/07 03:20 PM spray-painting artifical wreaths
sheetmusicman Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Canton, OH
I'm thinking of spray-painting some artifical Christmas wreaths to get various colors such as pink, light blue, mint green etc. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what kind of spray paint would you recommend? Also, once they are spray painted, is there any danger (after the paint is dry) that the paint will rub off onto HM ornaments that have been attached to the newly-painted wreaths? As always, any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Alan

------------------
"a retired teacher who's still learning"

#20310 - 04/14/07 03:48 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
Anonymous
Unregistered

I seem to remember a friend of mine using something called "Design Master". She was in crafts-not sure what all she used if for, but it was her "go to" brand for most of her needs

#20311 - 04/14/07 04:11 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I've done it with a full sized tree and it takes 2-3 cans worth for a good covering. I think I posted the brand name of the stuff, had to order on-line. Doing light colors like you mention, I would definitely use WHITE wreaths vs. green or you will need a whole lot more than 2-3 cans. I'll try to find that thread and bump it up, called Easter tree or something along those lines, as my extra cans of pink, blue, and light purple or in storage and I can't just grab a can to look for the brand.

Deana

[This message has been edited by Qwackertoo (edited 04-14-2007).]

#20312 - 04/14/07 04:25 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Here is a link to the Design Master color chart. I think I have Robin's Egg Blue, Perfect Pink and Lavendar.

http://www.dmcolor.com/prod.htm

Here is where I think I ordered from. The cardboard box was soaked from a rainstorm, I guess when they were unloading cargo at the airport and the cans were already starting to form a bit of rust around the seams and they shipped me a complete new order and didn't even make me send back the others which was considerable since I ordered 3-4 cans of EACH color. Excellent customer service as it wasn't their fault the box got wet A+++~!!!

http://crafta.com/floral-supply-floral-spray-color.html

Deana

#20313 - 04/14/07 06:13 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Alan, I think the Prairie Grass, Perfect Pink and Blue Sky would work for the shades you mentioned.

Deana

#20314 - 04/15/07 06:30 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you have a Michael's in your area they carry this paint & have it on sale this week.

Mary Ann W

#20315 - 04/24/07 09:43 PM Re: spray-painting artifical wreaths
JKChicago Offline
Elf

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
I used this paint to spray a small green tabletop tree black for Halloween a few years back.

Unfortunately, after the paint dries, there was quite a bit of flaking (the paint coming off, basically). Used the tree for a couple of years, and then got frustrated with the mess this year (taking it out of storage and then while decorating it), and tossed it out.

Perhaps I used too much spray paint to cover the green?

Moderator:  Moderator