YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (nana34), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1563 Members
15 Forums
26896 Topics
331122 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#215605 - 01/13/12 03:23 AM Restoring from backup files
MaxineB Offline
Elf in Training

I am running Windows 7, Yulelog 2011, and unfortunately I shut down too quickly and corrupted the file. I reinstalled Yulelog 2011 and then went to "Restore from Backup Data Files" however was stopped in my tracks with this message "backup3.fp3 could not be found and is required to complete this operation".

These backup files are in the Documents\Yulelog2\System directory.

I had a look online but could not find a solution. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

#215612 - 01/13/12 08:00 AM Re: Restoring from backup files [Re: MaxineB]
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: MaxineB
I am running Windows 7, Yulelog 2011, and unfortunately I shut down too quickly and corrupted the file. I reinstalled Yulelog 2011 and then went to "Restore from Backup Data Files" however was stopped in my tracks with this message "backup3.fp3 could not be found and is required to complete this operation".

These backup files are in the Documents\Yulelog2\System directory.

I had a look online but could not find a solution. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

It sounds as if you may have installed in the wrong folder. It should be in your Documents folder which is in your Users folder, not the Documents and Settings folder.

Are you starting YuleLog by clicking on the Shortcut to YuleLog 2011 icon on your desktop? If yes, Right click on the icon and select the bottom choice, Properties. This should show you where your working YuleLog2 folder is and it should have your backup files.

You need to be in the C:\Users\<your log in>\Documents\YuleLog2 folder (where <your log
in> is the name of the folder in the Users folder that matches your log in name).

Depending on how you first set up your computer and how many users you have, it
could have different names. You can find this out by looking at a file in your
documents folder, right clicking on the file, selecting Properties and looking
at the Location field for the path to that file. (on my system it is
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\YuleLog2) The working YuleLog2 folder should be in that
Documents folder. You may need to move the YuleLog2 folder from where it is to this location and try the upgrade process again.

Make sure you have safe copies of the 3 backup files from the 2010 installation.
Hopefully on a USB flash drive.

Once you determine that YuleLog 2011 is in the appropriate folder, copy those 3 backup files into the YuleLog2 folder.

You should then be able to Restore from your backup data files. More about that process is at
http://www.yulelog.com/helpfaq.htm#backup
Read those instructions carefully.

Edited by Todd Ray (01/13/12 08:03 AM)

#215648 - 01/13/12 06:30 PM Re: Restoring from backup files [Re: Todd Ray]
MaxineB Offline
Elf in Training

Thanks Todd. I believe I understand what you're saying. I am the only one on this computer (netbook). I have just gone to Explorer, C:\Users\Maxine, however there is no Documents folder there, only a My Documents folder and various other folders. Will it work if I create a folder and name it "Documents" and then put the Yulelog files in there?
Thanks in anticipation.

#215672 - 01/14/12 12:29 PM Re: Restoring from backup files [Re: MaxineB]
Todd Ray Offline

Administrator
Elf VP

Loc: Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: MaxineB
Thanks Todd. I believe I understand what you're saying. I am the only one on this computer (netbook). I have just gone to Explorer, C:\Users\Maxine, however there is no Documents folder there, only a My Documents folder and various other folders. Will it work if I create a folder and name it "Documents" and then put the Yulelog files in there?
Thanks in anticipation.

No, don't try to create a new one. Try using the My Documents folder.
BTW, eMail is faster for communicating with me.

Moderator:  Moderator