YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26204 Topics
323948 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#228292 - 08/16/12 01:18 PM 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes?
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I'm bored. So, I'm starting a topic.

Anyway, it's about a month away from when the Disney Store online site will have almost all of their Christmas ornaments up including the 2 for $16 crowd. I've been checking almost daily and they've been slowly adding Christmas stuff up but not those.

So, what do you hope to see?

As always, I want characters I don't have ornaments for! That's #1 request every year. Last year's crop gave me several new characters (Ursula, Bernard, Bianca, Armoire from Beauty and the Beast aka Madame de la Grande Bouche, and Scar).

This year I want to see...

1-Anything from Disney's Tarzan!
Seriously the only ornament I can find from that movie is a Grolier ornament of Young Tarzan. Not what I'm after. I really want Tantor, but I'll settle for just about anything since it is my third favorite Disney movie.

2-any character I'm missing from Beauty and the Beast.
Here's what I have: Belle, Beast, Cogsworth, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Armoire, Gaston, Maurice.
Most appreciated would be Phillipe the horse and the cute little footstool dog. I'd also like the prince. Favorite Disney movie, I'm obsessive about the ornaments from it. One of my favorites is an Enesco ornament called Beauty for the Beast:

Really? How awesome is this ornament? I stumbled onto it while seeking out an Enesco ornament called Happily Ever After and had to buy it ($29.99 ouch but so worth it because it's something I would have never expected to see in an ornament).
But, my favorite Beauty and the Beast ornament ever I got in 2005 from WDW:
http://i48.tinypic.com/24xgw08.jpg
Best sculpt I've ever seen on the Beast, bar none. I'm actually seeking out the other ornaments in this line. The line all had Disney couples holding a Mickey ball ornament and were sold in the mid-2000s in the theme parks. I have Belle/Beast, Cinderella/Prince, Aladdin/Jasmine on Flying Carpet with the Mickey ornaments on the corners of the carpet, Pongo/Perdita, and Simba/Nala. I know they made Aurora/Phillip, Ariel/Eric, and Snow White/Prince. I'd love to find them, particularly Snow White/Prince since my only ornament with that prince is an Enesco one that doesn't look that good. I also believe they did others (I would imagine Lady/Tramp and Thomas O'Malley/Duchess). If anyone knows of any others they did for this collection, please tell me. I absolutely love these and keep them out year round. I cannot seem to have any luck searching for these online. I've tried multiple times and cannot find them. I know that a Yulelogger out there has the Cinderella/Prince one because I remember seeing it on a Mickey wreath, so I can't be the only one that remembers these.

3-Si and Am from Lady and the Tramp

4-Trusty and Jock from Lady and the Tramp (I do have a miniature Jock) Second favorite Disney movie.

5-Fairy Godmother from Cinderella

6-Flynn Rider (Hallmark's being stubborn and I stupidly didn't buy the Flynn ornament when Disney Store offered it since I felt Hallmark would do one the next year. WRONG!). I'm hoping they reissue the one with the boat. They've reissued before because they sold a Pongo/Perdita ornament online last year that I bought from the Disney Store in 2007.

7-Naveen from The Princess and the Frog but not as a frog

8-Shang from Mulan (I'll take any characters from this movie though. I only have the Grolier President's Edition of Mulan)

9-Merlin and Wart from The Sword in the Stone

10-Oliver from Oliver and Company.

Disney's getting ready to do Blu-ray releases on the 21st for Pocahontas, The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp II, and The Tigger Movie. I would totally love some characters from these films that I don't have.

Anyway, what would you like to see?

#228305 - 08/16/12 04:25 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Oh man. That's a hard one. I feel like I should have some choices, but the Disney characters I have as ornaments are so limited, there are so many I need, I'm not sure where to begin.

BTW, I love that Beast in the bathtub ornament. Once I get a job, I'll have to keep my eyes opened for it.

#228311 - 08/16/12 05:48 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Here's a link to some photos of my Disney tree from last year: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2419079521815.2106759.1396204131&type=3

I purposely don't put garland and other extraneous things on the tree with the orns, since I think it detracts from the orns and looks too busy. I arranged them all in groups from the same movie or theme (some from when we've dined at Club 33 around Christmastime and were able to buy that year's orns) last year, so that way, I could see which ones I have lots of and of which I don't have as many. I also included a couple of non-Disney orns, like the Pepe Le Pew orns, just cos I wanted to see them!

Hallmark has now done several orns of Rapunzel with Pascal, but none with Flynn or the other characters. I'd like to see them come out with more from that movie for sure. I was able to get the Disney store orns last year from the movie, but I really wish they weren't made of "disaster plaster"!

I'd also like to see some orns of the characters from "Brave". I bought the Merida orn from Hallmark and I'm anxious to see what Disney Store might have coming up. Triplet boys and triplet bears perhaps? The suitors? That would be hilarious!!

I'm hoping they re-release the Rescuer's orn from last year. I really liked the Devil's Eye with Miss Bianca and Bernard, but I didn't like the price, so I thought I'd wait til it went on sale. Unfortunately, they were all gone by the time they had the first sale, so I'm hoping they bring it out again, like they've done with some of the others.

Why don't we ever see Belle with the Prince? It's always in his Beastly form! I would love to see something with the two together, after the curse has been lifted!

I haven't seen any of the orns you're looking for, but if I ever do, I'll let you know. I also picked up several of the B&B orns last year and look forward to seeing what they have this year! It would be cute if they did one with Lumiere and the feather duster, since that's how Paige Davis from Trading Spaces met her hubby, Patrick Page (when they played those rolls on Broadway)!

I bought the Si and Am from Disney Store last year and it's cute! Maybe they'll offer it again this year.

We went to Destination D at the Disneyland Hotel last weekend and I was so surprised to hear Tony Baxter mention "Song of the South" and they showed a clip from it! He said he wasn't going to say anything about the movie, like if they'd ever release it on DVD or anything, he just wanted to celebrate the artistry they used in the movie, especially for the "Zip-a-dee-doo-da" scene! I know I'm not the only one who has wished for this! The event was a celebration of 75 years of animation and we had live concerts with Dick Van Dyke and the Vantastix, as well as Alan Menken!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#228314 - 08/16/12 06:05 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Karen,

I went to look, but your link isn't working. \:\( I think I may have to be Facebook friends with you to see it.

I would have loved to be at that Destination D event. I just hope they release something for Song of the South. I'd love to get my hands on a legal copy. And some ornaments, too.

#228322 - 08/16/12 08:15 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I forgot about the feather duster character! That would be a good one. Enesco did Lumiere and the feather duster. The ornament's called "Human Again." This is the only link I can find that has a picture of it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Enesco-Disney-...=item1c2a4e6d0c

Enesco, why did you stop making your Treasury of Christmas ornaments? *dramatic sigh* Shoot, I'd be more broke if they still made them; I suppose I should be grateful.

I must have missed the Si & Am ornament last year. \:\( But, it may not have been sold online. I've seen it on ebay. The Bernard/Bianca one is really nice, so I hope they re-release it for you, Karen!

A Brave ornament would be nice. Come to think of it, it would be shocking if they didn't do one. I wish Disney/Pixar had let Hallmark do one of Merida with her mother. Maybe Disney will do it.

Oh, and thanks for the offer of letting me know if you see those Disney couple ornaments. I combed ebay today when I was thinking about them and hit a dead end...again! I could kick myself for not buying these ornaments when I saw them, but at the time I don't think I had a goal of different Disney characters in ornament form (I'm at 147). This is the sad excuse for the Snow White prince I've settled on for now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enesco-Happily-E...=item19d42af4a9
Snow White and the prince both look off in the face. Luckily it doesn't look as bad from a distance. But the box has a better horse. Completely different pose.

Good luck with the job hunt, Mark. I'm grateful for my job at Toys R Us and as a substitute teacher while I keep up the search for a full time job. Frustrating economy! TRU starts hiring in September for Christmas help (they tend to have to multiple their regular staff by five to cover Christmas demands). I'm sure it's not what you're looking for, but at least it's something to do and a little money coming in. I got started there one Christmas and got lucky that they kept me on.

#228325 - 08/16/12 08:38 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I will have to look into TRU next month. They're on the other side of town, but as you say it would be better than nothing.

#228576 - 08/20/12 11:53 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They're coming! Last week, searching ornament on the Disney Store site yielded 49 results. Today, 67!

Look at this Mickey ears ornament they just put up. Best yet:
http://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-sea...314151/1000344/
They also did Halloween ones, a St. Patrick's Day, and an Easter ornament for the Mickey hats featuring Thumper and eggs.

This one's also freakishly adorable:
http://www.disneystore.com/ornaments-sea...314251/1000344/

#228608 - 08/20/12 07:29 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

If Mickey were holding Dole Whip, I would have to get it. Even so, he's cute.

So far, I'm not seeing any must haves, which is a very good thing.

#229170 - 08/27/12 03:41 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
ILuvChristmas Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Apex, NC
I see the Daisy ornament, but I hope they come out with a Daisy and Donald ornament like they always have of Mickey and Minnie.

#229799 - 09/04/12 08:53 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: ILuvChristmas]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Here we go folks! The ornaments are arriving! They are the $10.50 ones (2 for $20, hopefully that changes since it's only knocking 50 cents off each).

We've got new characters! Harris, Hubert, and Hamish as bears from Brave, Lilo and Stitch, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Pocahontas and Mulan got added to the tulle skirt princess ornaments (Pocahontas doesn't have a tulle skirt though).

Ursula on the ball is back! That's my favorite Disney Store ornament ever. It's lovely, and I highly recommend it.

I really like the Sleeping Beauty Phillip and Aurora ornament (Aurora's wearing blue), Lilo and Stitch since I need Lilo, the Brave bears, and I like the Peter Pan in the windowsill one, but I prefer the 2000 Hallmark Peter Pan, so I doubt I'll buy it. The Dopey and Snow White one looks good too, but I don't like Dopey, so I'll pass (Bashful's my favorite). Lady and the Tramp ornament has them in front of the wet cement, but the Hallmark version of that scene is way better. Plus, Disney made a mistake. Tramp should not have a collar on in that scene. There is a nice Alice ornament of Alice standing in the "Drink Me" bottle.

The new ones are interesting because when you click on them, it shows concept art for the ornaments.

Oh, and this is probably not all that they'll do. They tend to do more than this so...*fingers crossed*

#229845 - 09/04/12 04:25 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks so much for the info!!

#229848 - 09/04/12 05:26 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

I just came back from a visit to the site and saw some new additions to those I've been seeing for a while. I must be in the minority, since I don't care for the "ear hat" ornaments. They just don't get me, which is good, since it's less to spend money on. Kinda like Vinylmation - I don't like those either, but there are lots of people who do, so that's good for them.

Here's my list of those on the site today, that I'm interested in seeing before actual buying:

1. Alice "Drink Me" - Alice is my #1 favorite to collect!
2. Brave Bears - I hope they're not covered in glitter
3. Chip and Dale - Seems like one I have already, I'll have to check
4. Sleeping Beauty Castle - Looks like a really nice one
5. Rapunzel - She's my 3rd favorite to collect! Merida's 2nd!
6. Lilo and Stitch - A definite see it first, not sure on this
7. Peter Pan - Another see it first, looks kinda odd

Victorian Tree Skirt, I passed on this one last year, since I already had a Disney tree skirt, but it came up missing last year and since I love Victorian things and bought many of them last year, I may have to get this one. But all of these wait for now, til I see what Mickey's of Glendale gets in and if we get our third annual D23 Shopping Day after the Christmas stuff has come in, when we get a 40% off discount!!

So, where are the Merida orns? One with her alone, her "suitors" or with her "mum" would be lovely, as well as one of the family sampler! Where's Miss Bianca and Bernard with the diamond? I'm hoping they re-release it, since it sold out last year. Where is a Flynn Ryder and/or Maximus orn? I hope we continue to see more orns added to their collection between now and closer to Christmas!

#229873 - 09/04/12 11:09 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Augh! So excited to go take a peak (after spending all weekend at Disneyland), and the site is currently down for maintenance. Must be patient. Must be patient.

#229960 - 09/06/12 01:09 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I made it in today. I really like Sleeping Beauty (mainly because it has Prince Phillip) and Goofy's how to play baseball.

Several others I like, but those are the ones I think I might not be able to live without. Especially Phillip because I bet he's hard to find on ornaments (most of the princes don't get enough merchandise.)

#229980 - 09/06/12 12:16 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I was thinking last night how that would be a great series for Hallmark. Enough of the Princesses, give us a series of the Charming Prince's. Snow, Cindy, Belle, Aurora, Ariel other half's for starters. I don't know all their names . . .Charming, Phillip, Eric & ???

And more Villains.

#229982 - 09/06/12 12:35 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I can name the princes. I've been obsessed with Disney quizzes on Sporacle for like a week.

In order: Prince, Prince Charming, Phillip, Eric, Adam (never named in the film but is the name Disney gave him), Aladdin, John Smith, Shang, Naveen, Flynn/Eugene.

I am a sucker for Disney couple ornaments. I also zone in whenever I see Aurora in blue since that's the correct dress color (she spent more screen time in blue than pink). I loved the magic ornaments Hallmark did in 2006-2008: Once Upon a Dream (Phillip & Aurora), Kiss the Girl (Eric & Ariel), and A Magical Night (Beauty and the Beast). I'd love a Disney couples series:
1-Prince and Snow White
2-Bambi and Faline
3-Ichabod and Katrina
4-Prince Charming and Cinderella
5-Peter Pan and Wendy
6-Lady and the Tramp
7-Phillip and Aurora
8-Pongo and Perdita
9-Thomas O'Malley and Duchess
10-Robin Hood and Maid Marian
11-Bernard and Bianca
12-Tod and Vixey
13-Taran and Eilonwy
14-Eric and Ariel
15-Beauty and the Beast (or Adam and Belle)
16-Aladdin and Jasmine
17-Simba and Nala
18-John Smith and Pocahontas
19-Phoebus and Esmeralda
20-Hercules and Megara
21-Shang and Mulan
22-Tarzan and Jane
23-Milo and Kida
24-Naveen and Tiana (not as frogs)
25-Flynn and Rapunzel

There's 25 right there. I know that some are not necessarily romantic couples (Ichabod and Katrina, Peter Pan and Wendy), but I was so close to 25, I had to squeeze a few in.

What couples Hallmark has done (have to share 1 ornament):
Prince and Cinderella*, Lady and the Tramp, Phillip and Aurora, Thomas O'Malley and Duchess, Eric and Ariel, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Jasmine, Simba and Nala, John Smith and Pocahontas, Phoebus and Esmeralda, and Naveen and Tiana**. Not even half of the list I was able to come up with!

*no, I'm not referring to the Precious Moments piece, they've done one where the two were not PM styled
**kinda sorta...Naveen was a frog while Tiana was a human though, so I'm not sure if it really "counts"

Seriously, I've been playing these quizzes for too long. It's quiz heaven though:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/tags/disney

Edit: Also, Hallmark, you should seriously do a set of ornaments for Disney's Ichabod Crane (half of "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad") for your Halloween line. I absolutely love that half of the movie. Especially cool that Bing Crosby does the narration. Just a set of ornaments of Ichabod, Brom, Katrina, and the Headless Horseman. It would be such a switch, an unexpected switch from the regular Halloween ornaments which seem to be Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown, and whatdoyouknow, Charlie Brown. Yes, I'm fully aware that they've done non-Peanuts ornaments for Halloween.

Edited by luckdragon (09/06/12 12:40 PM)

#230047 - 09/07/12 01:14 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

This one showed up today (maybe yesterday; I'm unsure because they have taken down 3 ornaments and added this one. They keep subtracting instead of adding). It's not a 2 for $20, but I must have it! I hope by the time I put in an order in October, they'll be running a Disney Parks promo (I also hope 2 for $20 get a better price. Honestly, it's just saving 50 cents on each ornament. Not a good enough incentive). I look forward to Monday since I feel that they'll probably add more on Monday.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-toy-story-rex-ornament/mp/1293697/1000344/
Is that not awesome?! I need Rex too for my character collection.

#230048 - 09/07/12 01:40 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
That is TOO cute. Should be a good seller.

#230076 - 09/07/12 09:22 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Qwackertoo]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I would have sworn I'd seen that one in person before. Either way, I love it.

#230435 - 09/13/12 09:21 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I feel like feeding people's habits today.

http://www.disneystore.com/eve-and-wallbulle-ornament/mp/1316213/1000207+1000882/

*whistles innocently*

I hope they bring back Rex soon. Apparently it sold out a few days after I posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator