YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (GloryBee, beaglebabes), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26199 Topics
323878 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#230462 - 09/13/12 03:29 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
So cute! Thanks for sharing it! I definitely want to see this in person! I didn't get the Wall-E orn when Hallmark put it out, since we hadn't seen the movie yet, but after we did, I wanted to get it. If this is cute enough, it might keep me from getting the Eve orn this year! \:D

BTW, there is no such thing as an "innocent" whistle!! \:D

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#230470 - 09/13/12 04:25 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Karen W2]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Why did you have to do that? Now I want it. (Oh wait, maybe that was the point.)

#230486 - 09/13/12 09:30 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
As I posted in the Seaford, DE thread, the Disney Store outlet at the Tangers Outlet Stores in Rehoboth Beach, DE has this year's ornaments for sale (2 for $20). I saved over $6 by buying two ornaments (Brave's three bears and Toy Story 3)at the Disney Story outlet than online - no shipping, no sales tax. If you have a Disney Store outlet nearby, you should check to see if they have the Disney ornaments on sale before buying online.

#230671 - 09/17/12 08:56 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
YES! The 2 for $20 ornaments have gone from 37 to 59! Yahoo!

I must have the Aristocats ornament of the 3 kittens! I have the Hallmark Thomas O'Malley and Duchess ornament

Also need Flynn Rider and Rapunzel from the Tangled Ever After wedding. This might be the only time we'll ever see short-haired Rapunzel as an ornament.

There's a great Fantasia ornament of Ben Ali Gator and Hyacinth Hippo.

To add to Sleeping Beauty Castle, Cinderella Castle is back from last year and Rapunzel's Tower is making an appearance.

Ursula and Ariel ball ornaments must be the start of an unofficial series because this year they have Tinker Bell on a ball and two Dalmatian puppies on a ball. I have Ursula, and they use a very high quality ball ornament for these. Gorgeous.

Lots more including Pinocchio in the bird cage. Oswald Rabbit has an ornament too! So does the new Frankenweenie!

I'm still shocked they didn't add another Brave ornament.

My list to get:
1-The Aristocats
2-Tangled Ever After Flynn Rider and Rapunzel Wedding
3-Ben Ali Gator and Hyacinth Hippo
4-Lilo and Stitch
5-Timothy Mouse
6-Tangled Rapunzel Tower (that's too cool to pass up)

I'm limiting myself to 6 of these just like last year. I'll skip the Brave bears. I really wanted one of Merida and Elinor. Hopefully Rex will show back up.

Oh, and they are still calling it Sneak Peek, so we may see more!

#230672 - 09/17/12 09:12 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Looks like they added a lot of the Dept. 56 stuff too. Wasn't there last time I searched with key word "ornament" even though many of the items that show up, 205, aren't ornaments.

#230673 - 09/17/12 09:13 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: luckdragon

6-Tangled Rapunzel Tower (that's too cool to pass up)

Oh, and they are still calling it Sneak Peek, so we may see more!

Yes, that is a neat one. Very cool design.

#230685 - 09/17/12 12:10 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Qwackertoo]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

We must have similar tastes because I loved the Tangled tower and wedding (then again, I love Tangled) and the hippo and alligator ornaments (that's my favorite Fantasia sequence).

But I also must get Oswald. I know they are doing more with him, but I love that he is getting some recognition these days.

#230692 - 09/17/12 01:26 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
We must have similar tastes because I loved the Tangled tower and wedding (then again, I love Tangled) and the hippo and alligator ornaments (that's my favorite Fantasia sequence).

But I also must get Oswald. I know they are doing more with him, but I love that he is getting some recognition these days.

Tangled's definitely the best computer animated feature Disney's done without Pixar. I especially thought the way they handled the ending was clever since Rapunzel's tears bring back the prince's eyesight in the Grimm fairy tale. The whole thing was pretty smart, and the horse was great. I can't really pick a favorite part in Fantasia. I like all of it except for the first sequence with the animated lines and patterns. Pretty, but not that interesting. I'm also a bit of a snob in that I'm not that big into Fantasia 2000. Granted, the first time I ever saw Fantasia 2000 was when I bought the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 DVD combo pack last year. I do like that they did that sequence for Hans Christian Andersen's Steadfast Tin Soldier, even if they changed the ending (in the end of the real fairy tale, sorry, the soldier goes into the fire and melts down). Andersen had very few "happy" endings to his fairy tales. The Little Mermaid, prince married another girl and the mermaid turned into seafoam* after she refused to kill him (that would have let her go home as a mermaid), Little Match Girl, girl dies, very depressing. A gentler version of the Steadfast Tin Soldier is Andersen's The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep. He did do some happier ones like Thumbelina and The Snow Queen (Glen Keane was trying to get Disney to do The Snow Queen...I wonder if that's still in the works...).

Disney did do an amazing version of Little Match Girl. You can watch it on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSzQBaWq0Q
It's beautifully done and brings a tear to my eye (then again, just reading that fairy tale makes me cry every time).

Oswald is tempting for me, I'll admit it. I kind of keep hoping Hallmark will get the opportunity to do Oswald as a limited quantity ornament like how they do the classic black and white Mickey stuff. With the Disney Store ones, I like to try to think what Hallmark is least likely to do.

I just realized I only got 1 of my top 10 wish list. Flynn Rider. Oh well.

*Not sure how many of you are familiar with Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, but Miyazaki did a film loosely based on The Little Mermaid called Ponyo, and they do mention if the boy doesn't confess his love for the girl, she'll turn into seafoam. It's very, very abstract. Instead of a mermaid, she's a goldfish with a human face. If you know Miyazaki, it's not that strange. Granted, it's not my favorite of his films. Disney does the English dubbing for his films.

Forgive me, that was long-winded. I study fairy tales in my spare time because folk tales and myths fascinate me.

#230703 - 09/17/12 03:47 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, I'm going to go wildly off topic now, but with your love of fairy tales, do you watch Once Upon a Time? And if so, what do you think of it?

#230718 - 09/17/12 09:27 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Spoilers

Yes, I watched all the episodes and am currently going through the season 1 DVD. I was/am a big Lostie, and the format is very, very close to how "Lost" was done. I'm wondering though with the season finale how long they'll be able to make it last. This season is all about villains from what I've heard. I can see how they could make that a season of just a battle, but like "Lost," I think ABC is going to have to give them a set date for when the series ends. Without that, they can't get the mythology and mysteries to come to an end and will just keep grasping at straws.

I think some of the characters are definitely better than others. Robert Carlyle in particular is amazing to watch as Mr. Gold and Rumpelstiltskin because he's so good at both parts. Loved the Mad Hatter's back story. Even though I thought it was strange, I enjoyed Jiminy Cricket's story too. Cinderella is very weak. I'm not sure if it's how it was written or the actress, and I didn't like that she went out drinking with Ruby the waitress (no age hinted at yet) and Miss Blanchard, a teacher. They clearly said she was a pregnant teenager in the main Cinderella, so why does she go drinking (she'd had the baby by this point)? I double checked Maine's legal drinking age too. Maine's legal drinking age is 21. Why would the adult teacher not discourage this is beyond me.

The main thing that does bother me is that they are using Disney references when I don't think they need to. Like the Beauty and the Beast episode. They named the character Belle. Okay, fine. It's a French fairy tale, so that would be her correct French name. But they had a Gaston in there too. And her dresses were clearly influenced by the animated motion picture. They also named the evil fairy from Sleeping Beauty Maleficent. That's from Disney. The original fairy tale versions I've read do not name the character, and the ballet calls that character Carabosse. The seven dwarfs are all named after the Disney dwarf (although Grumpy's original name in the TV show is Dreamy and there was an 8th dwarf named Stealthy 'til he died). I understand that Disney owns ABC and all, and I respect Disney a great deal. I just kind of wish they'd change names or something. The dwarfs bother me the most that they went with the Disney names. Disney did a live action made-for-TV movie for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs years ago and didn't even use the names from the animated movie (I think they used the days of the week). And then using the Gaston name was irritating too. They are good at coming up with their own thing, so I don't think they need to rely on Disney for character names. I liked that Snow White ate the apple to save James' life. I thought that was a good idea. Using Rumplestiltskin as the Beast was genius too. Red Riding Hood turning out to be a werewolf was brilliant. I've never seen the story told that way. Very strong character; I'm hoping to see more of the backstory there. And I love the actress who plays Granny.

I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Hook in the upcoming season. That should be a lot of fun. I know they are doing Mulan this season too.

I had heard that ABC was working on a series for Beauty and the Beast. I'm curious to see how that will work. I think they've changed it to a miniseries or made-for-TV movie. CW is doing the redo of the late 80s CBS Beauty and the Beast. I'm still not sure what's up with that. The Beast for them is very strange. More akin to the Hulk than a beast. They wouldn't have to go to an extreme like the CBS show with the guy with the lion face. Just make the actor less attractive with heavy scarring or disfigurements, something. The point of the fairy tale is to look past outer appearances, and I think the CW is dropping the ball here, and the show probably will only last a season (or two if they have stubborn producers). Granted, the CBS show only lasted 3 seasons and Linda Hamilton's character was dead at the end of season 2, so she wasn't in the third season. But it was so creative! The whole world underground under NYC, the mysteries/crime solving, it was a really interesting program.

One of the best versions I've ever seen of the fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast is the 1978 Czech production. One of the reasons it's so good is the beast truly looks as hideous as can be. I do love the 1946 French version, "La Belle et La Bete" and 1991 Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" is my favorite animated motion picture of all-time. But this one's very interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw3ObNSB6D0

#230737 - 09/18/12 12:08 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm a huge fan of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. One of my all time favorite movies.

I've been loving the Disney references in Once. It's one of my favorite things to go through and try to find them all. I am highly addicted to the show and can't wait to see where it goes when they pick up this season.

I certainly agree that I hope they work out an end date. While I don't think Lost did what it should have with knowing the end date, a show like this does need an end date. But for now I am really enjoying it.

Good catch on Cinderella. I had forgotten she was a teenager. She had the baby in the first episode we saw her in. I figured she was really 21 by that point. Heck, she'd been pregnant for 28 years, cut her a little slack. \:\) The actress who played her is on The Last Resort this year, so we probably won't see her much.

#230969 - 09/20/12 12:09 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

A terrible number was the number of replies for this section of the forum, so I must add a reply to fix that.

I do like how they snuck in "Lost" references in there. I immediately picked up on Regina's house number (108) and the Apollo bars plus a few others. They've used the Apollo bars in several episodes, so it's hard to miss them. I can't believe I missed that the clock was at 8:15 (for flight 815, thanks commentary track). Then, of course, they use several actors from "Lost" as guest stars.

Which reminds me: I got the TV Guide in the mail for next week, and it has an article about "Once Upon a Time." Emilie de Ravin has signed on to become a series regular! She plays Belle (I don't think they ever mentioned her Storybrooke name). I'm so excited! Despite my mentions of how much Disney was in that storyline (completely forgot to mention they put in a chipped cup too), it's my favorite couple on the show. In the fan world, the couple is called Rumbelle. lol

#230973 - 09/20/12 01:42 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I hadn't heard Rumbelle.

I'm wondering if we'll have Storybrooke names now that everyone knows who they are.

I watched lost, but I had missed many of the references. Then again, they stopped with those numbers so long ago.

Emilie de Ravin was almost cast in another show, but the pilot didn't get picked up. Immediately, they signed her to Once. I think they realized what they almost lost. (Pun not intended. Honest.)

A week and a half.

#231411 - 09/27/12 09:40 AM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I'm wondering if we'll have Storybrooke names now that everyone knows who they are.

Don't know, but we'll find out in 3 days!

Oh, and Disney Store added more things. There is a Merida ornament now. Not with her mother, darn it.

#231431 - 09/27/12 03:36 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Thanks for the info! Here's what comes up when I put "ornaments" into the search box:

http://www.disneystore.com/home-decor/holiday/mn/1000207+1000882/?catalogFromSearch=10002

Here's what happens when I put "Christmas ornaments" in the box: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/...=pPublished%3A1

Sometimes you find different things, depending on how you word it!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#233119 - 10/15/12 04:42 PM Re: 2012 Disney Store ornament hopes? [Re: Karen W2]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'd love to see all Snow Whites Seven Dwarfs as an ornament.

In "Hi Ho ifs off to work we go" mode!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator