YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 82 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26322 Topics
325324 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#230536 - 09/14/12 07:40 PM Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online)
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Yikes. The ear ornaments that were 18.95 are now 21.95. And the Wall-E and Eve ornament that was 14.95 is now 18.95. Rex is still not showing up.

#230537 - 09/14/12 07:53 PM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
And the $10.50 ornaments were 2 for $16 last year. Then they went 2 for $18 during November (popular month to sell holiday ornaments; price increase is expected). This year, they are 2 for $20, which isn't an incentive to buy them. It's also frustrating that 20 of the 37 of the 2 for $20 are reissues. I'm hoping that next week they get more up. I seem to remember the third week of September was when Disney Store online finally got most of the line up. I'm thinking they will because it's too strange for them to have just 1 Brave ornament when last year they had at least 3 Cars 2 ornaments. Brave is far and away better than Cars 2 (which is probably the worst Disney/Pixar film to date, critically speaking). Where is Merida and Elinor in an ornament together? That was the heart of the movie. Sadly, I don't think the movie did as well as previous Disney/Pixar movies in the box office. So, that might explain it. It's frustrating that it didn't because that likely will mean that Hallmark will just do 2 Brave ornaments. This year's and one for the Disney/Pixar Legends series (assuming they do try to cover all of the movies, which they can do because 1 Toy Story ornament would cover all 3 movies, 1 Cars ornament would cover both Cars movies, 1 Monsters Inc. ornament would cover both Monsters movies, and 1 Finding Nemo ornament would cover both Finding Nemo movies, and yes, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo have sequels in the works. I believe Monsters University is slated to premiere in 2013 and Finding Nemo 2 is in the distant future...2015 or 2016?).

Granted, the ornaments are way cheaper on the Disney Store website than how they end up on ebay. Have you seen the prices of some of the Disney Store ornaments when they hit ebay? Usually they are at least $20 a piece. Some wackos are already selling the new ones for really high prices:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-STORE-Bel...=item2a22cda5c1
Yeah...even the shipping for that one ornament is cheaper on the Disney Store website. Pass.

The Wall-E one was $18.95 when I first saw it. Rex sold out, so hopefully he'll be back.

I'm trying hard to resist the Wall-E ornament. Hallmark has Eve coming out in October, and I have the Hallmark Wall-E. I keep having to tell myself to ignore the cute tree in a Santa boot. Just chant resin over and over again. Also trying to ignore the Monsters, Inc. one from Disney Store online. The face on Sulley looks weird, so it's not as hard.

Rex though, Rex is a different story. I think that ornament's freakin' adorable!

#230540 - 09/14/12 08:50 PM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yep I kinda knew about new Monsters Inc but wasn't sure of date and thought I'd heard about new Nemo but it is a long ways off.

Yes, the resin turns me off many of the Disney Store ornaments. But REX I have to have that. Please post IF you see it before I do and I'll do the same. Many of the "in the parks" merchandise, especially the really popular items come and go out of stock, sometimes quickly.

I really want the Rex to commemorate the Dec. Mother/Daughter trip Sarah & I are taking. As soon as she finishes her first semester away at college . . . we are taking off for WDW. 8 nights. Staying in the Toy Story building (I hope) at All Star Movies. We've done deluxe, moderate, and values and we stay on the go from 6 a.m. to midnight . . . so I don't want to spend the extra money on the Deluxe although I do LOVE Wilderness Lodge and have stayed there twice in December and love their decorations. She is a huge fan of Toy Story and requested All-Star Movies so ASM's it is. \:\) Can't wait. I haven't been in many years, since kids were out of elementary school when it was pretty much forbidden to take them out of school and go at lower crowd level times. They both got to go last spring for a Disney band trip but only 3 or 4 nights. And Disney @ Christmas, I love going to WDW in December. It will be good to spend some time with her and since Steven doesn't even get out of school until like 12/21, we'll have plenty of time to enjoy while he is still in school. LOL

So I need Rex for a gift for Sarah . . . although when and IF it pops back in stock, I'll probably get two so Steven will have one for his collection too. ;\)

#230754 - 09/18/12 07:44 AM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Rex is back. Search on "ornaments" is up from 205 to 217 (not all ornaments). Under Parks Disney Days search is up from 103 to 109.

I think I'll place an order today . . . and probably another order later as more items are added. Get my "must have's" now vs. trying to catch a 20 or 25% off special weekend day. I have my 10% Disney Reward Card code to use so better than nothing.

#230756 - 09/18/12 08:41 AM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Ah. I see that his price has increased too. How "interesting" that he sold out quickly and just happened to go up $2 when he came back. Well...at least when I place an order, that'll bump me up to the free shipping, and the price is no worse than a Hallmark.

Thanks for the update! I'm still going to wait around until October probably. They added another 2 for $20 ornament (Tink in the glass globe I believe; nothing especially interesting), so I'm curious to see if they'll add more.

#230959 - 09/20/12 09:19 AM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Free shipping through Sunday if you purchase something Disney Parks Authentic.

Rex ornament counts!

#230960 - 09/20/12 09:39 AM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, luckdragon. I have procrastinated and not ordered yet. \:\)

I'm tempted to get that Mickey apron . . . but then I think I'll never really wear it. Sarah loves to bake and a couple of friends went in together and bought her a pretty apron for her b-day last January . . . maybe I'll get it for her and it can be her holiday apron. I should have bought the Cookies & Milk set when it was on sale back in July.

At least now I don't "have" to spend 75.00 to get free shipping!

#230968 - 09/20/12 12:01 PM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
At least now I don't "have" to spend 75.00 to get free shipping!

Eh, that's not my problem. 6 of the 2 for $20 ornaments plus Rex makes it just over $75.

My main problem right now is trying to finish my list. I was Timothy because it's a character I don't have, but I really like the Phillip/Aurora one.

It's funny, last year I had a similar dilemma where I was going to get the Cheshire Cat because I didn't have the character, but I changed it to Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti since I really loved it (even if I had the Hallmark). And now of course, Hallmark's doing a Cheshire Cat ornament, so it's really interesting that that happened. Would be nice if the same thing happened with Timothy (like if they made a Dumbo & Timothy ornament). The Timothy one is growing on me though...maybe I should take my chances and hope it's left for after Christmas sales. It's not the most popular character in the world...then again Phillip's face looks off on the ornament (but it's Aurora in blue). You see what I mean? INDECISIVE!

#230972 - 09/20/12 01:38 PM Re: Price Increase on Disney Ornaments (Online) [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I'm the world's most indecisive person.

I think.

Moderator:  Moderator