YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#240426 - 01/22/13 01:25 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: nhardy]
AshleyC Online   content
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Even though online renewal isn't available yet, the page they reference is and there are bigger images on this page

KOC

#240429 - 01/22/13 02:50 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: AshleyC]
ILuvChristmas Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Apex, NC
So fun to look at the preview! Definitely renewing this year! Pre-flight Check, I really like it but kind of looks more like an elf to me lol, probably will get him and the Busy Bears. Definitely getting Mrs.Claus red stove!! Plan on getting Madame Alexander and Mischievous Kittens, though we're "dog people" that ornament is so darn cute and Christmassy. Love the Toymaker Santa and the Magic Cord Santa standing in front of the mirror. I also love the new packaging too, so festive.

#240430 - 01/22/13 03:25 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: ILuvChristmas]
dragon Offline
Elf VP

Loc: MA
Oh geeze, just this morning I was figuring out how I could drastically cut back on purchases this year and then Hallmark came through and posted photos...

For the club ornaments I'll definitely get the Christmas Windows, to me it strikes just the right nostalgic note for the old Woolworths or Grants storefronts from my childhood. And I have a special affection of that little boy and his puppy. I feel like I should be loving Pre-Flight Check, I love all the components but I'm not loving Santa's face, we'll see. Busy Bakers is cute and may just go with them instead of Santa.

Love, love, love the red stove! Due to a family emergency I wasn't able to make it to the signing in Manchester, NH this fall so I never got the stove and table. I can live without the table and I like the red stove even better than the green!
Wiggly-Giggly Penquin is too, too cute and the Mischievous Kittens is adorable!

I don't have any of the Toymaker Santas but I think that'll change this year.

The only thing I can say is that I knew I'd be getting the mini woodpecker and the magic cord Once Upon a Christmas and they didn't disappoint.

So, thanks Hallmark for busting the budget again! (and we haven't even seen the bulk of what else is coming!)

Karen

#240439 - 01/22/13 06:56 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: nhardy]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
OH NO NEW ROCKING HORSE....and Pony for Christmas looks awesome!

#240441 - 01/22/13 07:01 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: kindacowboy]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

And Kittehs new Kittehs!!!!

#240444 - 01/22/13 07:50 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: kindacowboy]
Duluth_Collector Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duluth, MN
I had been hoping for a Rocking Horse ornament to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Keepsakes and it looks like my wish has come true!

Very cool!

#240445 - 01/22/13 07:51 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: dragon]
toppershopper Offline
Elf VP

I'll probably get all the membership ornaments. They are all pretty nice. I'm not sure if I have a favorite among them. I collect the windows series. If Santa is 4" tall sitting down, he is probably too large to be in scale with the kitchen furniture, otherwise, he could be in the kitchen munching on cookies while Mrs. Claus is baking.

Probably pass on the exclusive offer ornaments. The snowmen don't appeal to me. I don't really care for the red and pink color combination on the stove, not enough contrast.

I'm not sure I'll be getting any of the exclusive ornaments. Not into Madame Alexander, Halloween ornaments or witches, so definite pass on that one. I haven't picked up the other dangling feet ornaments, so I'll pass on the penguin. I don't collect the Mischievous Kittens series, and I'm not a cat person, so I'll probably pass, but this particular ornament is nice, so I'll have to think about it. The design on the bell is nice, but I generally don't care for white and silver ornaments. I don't think the colors show well together. If they had done this ornament in white and gold, I would be interested, but I'm probably going to pass on it.

I saw a spring members ornament here or maybe on Digital Dreambook that was pretty neat. I might be interested in that one if my local store gets them in during that time of year. But, it looks like a very light year for club ornaments.

#240447 - 01/22/13 08:33 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: toppershopper]
Peanutsfan Offline
Elf in Training

Oh, I am loving the membership ornaments. I didn't renew last year but this year I sure as heck am going to do it. I love the Santa dressed in traditional red and green, the red and white striped stockings,the elfish slippers, the long stocking hat. Christmas windows is cute with it's vintage feel. I collect vintage Christmas so this will fit right in. Love the stove! Very festive! Love the red and white ornament boxes,love the kitties, love Santa in front of the mirror..not much I don't like this year. Uh oh.

#240448 - 01/22/13 08:37 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: Duluth_Collector]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Duluth_Collector
I had been hoping for a Rocking Horse ornament to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Keepsakes and it looks like my wish has come true!

Very cool!

I'm sure I'll be adding it to my collection. Over the years I've managed to almost complete a second set of these . . . I think I'm missing #1 & #3 for the second set, first set is complete. So this will help me out on the kids collections. I've only done this with Rocking Horse, Crayola and Disney . . . I had done it with NH&S but thought Steven wouldn't care as much about those so sold them back when prices were much higher . . . thank goodness . . .I had traded my Star Trek collection for them back in the day. Trading is a wonderful thing. Then AND Now. Love trading. Everybody is happy. \:\)

#240451 - 01/22/13 09:07 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: Qwackertoo]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

I like the red stove. I haven't got the green one so I will be happy with the red. However I had myself good with the wooden cupboard since I don't have one of those either but now I think I need the white cupboard instead....so saved some money one place but going to spend more on the other. I will get the window and the santa and the rocking horse and the kitties. And then each one of the series that was pictured showing off the new packaging.
Just wish I could go to the event. I still may be able to swing it but I will have to wait to see the schedule of the other event I do that week.

#240471 - 01/22/13 11:41 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: kindacowboy]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
Thanks Ashley. The pictures in the link you posted are much nicer.

My favorites so far are...

Christmas Window - Looking forward to seeing the rest of this ornament; I think I see a bottle brush tree in the window too
Glad Tidings Bell - Wish I could buy multiples of this one
Mischievous Kittens - Fun concept
Toymaker Santa - My most favorite ornament so far!
Red Headed Woodpecker - Love these miniature birds

Stately Victorian and the new series Heavenly Belles look interesting too.

Lisa

#240473 - 01/23/13 12:15 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: grandma lise]
carstairs38 Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Anyone else notice that there's a repaint of the stove from this year's event, but not the table? I found that interesting.

I think I like the original stove better than the repaint, which works out well since I have the original stove.

#240482 - 01/23/13 02:31 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: carstairs38]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Yes, Mark, that was something I noticed, after I saw that the stove was red and pink! It might make a good thing for a Barbie house, but not for mine.

My thinking about the table is, it might not have sold as well as the stove and/or the stove is the more expensive piece and they probably only wanted to do the larger piece.

In addition to last year's stove, I have the original stove that was called Christmas Eve Bake Off. The colors between the 2 stoves are so different, there's no way that they can coordinate. I'm glad the stove isn't black and silver (like a cast iron), or beige and white, otherwise, I might've been tempted to get the new one.

Of the orns we saw today, I plan to get:

1. Christmas Windows
2. Busy Bakers
3. Mischievous Kittens
4. Red-Headed Woodpecker - mini

Maybe - 40 Years of Memories

Something else I was thinking about - in the past, there has been a single larger event in KC in odd years and smaller, more local events in even years. Next year, they're doing both of those things in the same year! It makes me wonder what, if anything, will be done in 2014. What do you think?

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#240488 - 01/23/13 08:10 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: Karen W2]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
They're probably saving a table colorway for the actual KOC event or for the 2014 renewal.

I don't mind the red. Just happy to have the opportunity to purchase it.

So fun that some of you have mentioned Mischievous Kittens 15th for the same reason I want to purchase it: it's a fun, Christmas design. I don't seriously collect the series. I've got 5 of the series. All were either bought on sale or with a coupon (one was with a $10 off $10 purchase coupon at Kohl's, and it was late in the season and the only ornament I kind of liked that they had left, so free is free). I've thought of back collecting it, but some are really expensive. I'm not a cat person. I like them, but I love dogs. Besides, I'm severely allergic to them. My throat can close up if I'm around cats for too long.

#240505 - 01/23/13 10:19 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: toppershopper]
toppershopper Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: toppershopper
... If Santa is 4" tall sitting down, he is probably too large to be in scale with the kitchen furniture, otherwise, he could be in the kitchen munching on cookies while Mrs. Claus is baking. ...

Pretty bad when you start quoting yourself! But, I finally read For Keeps, and I think I may have been incorrect on my thoughts about the scale of the ornament. It sounds like Hallmark is suggesting this Santa coordinates with the furniture pieces.

Quoting For Keeps:

"For several years, KOC members have been assembling the home of Santa and Mrs. Claus on their trees with the help of Keepsake Ornaments. Now, Santa himself can relax in those surroundings thanks to Keepsake Artists Edythe Kegrize and Kristina Gaughran. This membership ornament depicts him checking his list in a style that matches previous releases. 4" h."

Hallmark says the "style" matches. Hopefully the size of the ornament is appropriate to the furniture ornaments.

Thinking about the sneak peaks of the ornaments that are not KOC, I'll probably pass on most of them as I don't collect the series. The Toymaker Santa is cool, but don't collect the series. I don't collect Pony for Christmas or the mini Beauty of the Birds series.

I do collect the Once Upon a Christmas series, so plan on getting that one.

I don't collect the Rocking Horse series, but I'll probably get the 40 Years of Memories ornament as it is a special ornament.

I do collect the NHS series. The Stately Victorian house is nice. I wonder what Don Palmiter is hinting at when he says:
"There is a lot to be excited about in 2013 for fans of this series, but I donít want to spoil any surprises just yet!Ē
Maybe another limited edition ornament?

I don't collect the Snow Buddies series, but the Warmed By Friendship ornament for the KOC Event is neat. I like ornaments with numerous animals on them.

#240508 - 01/23/13 10:30 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: toppershopper]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
 Originally Posted By: toppershopper
[quote=toppershopper]... If Santa is 4" tall sitting down, he is probably too large to be in scale with the kitchen furniture, otherwise, he could be in the kitchen munching on cookies while Mrs. Claus is baking. ...

Pretty bad when you start quoting yourself!

Appreciate the humor there...thanks for the laugh!

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

Edited by Sue (01/23/13 10:30 AM)

#240512 - 01/23/13 10:59 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: Karen W2]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho

Originally Posted By: Karen W2
Something else I was thinking about - in the past, there has been a single larger event in KC in odd years and smaller, more local events in even years. Next year, they're doing both of those things in the same year! It makes me wonder what, if anything, will be done in 2014. What do you think?

Huh? I'm confused... (Next year is 2014...) Both a larger and local events?

#240515 - 01/23/13 11:29 AM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: StaceyN]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN

Originally Posted By: Karen W2

Huh? I'm confused... (Next year is 2014...) Both a larger and local events?

Me, too! My local club sponsor entered the contest to win one of the four in-store signing events for this year. I want to check with the buyer to see if they know when they'll know if they won one for not. Of course I expect the club will hear shortly after they find out since they know we'll want to know and will be helping with the effort to make it happen.

#240523 - 01/23/13 01:38 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: luckdragon]
ILuvChristmas Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Apex, NC
 Originally Posted By: luckdragon
They're probably saving a table colorway for the actual KOC event or for the 2014 renewal.

I don't mind the red. Just happy to have the opportunity to purchase it.

So fun that some of you have mentioned Mischievous Kittens 15th for the same reason I want to purchase it: it's a fun, Christmas design. I don't seriously collect the series. I've got 5 of the series. All were either bought on sale or with a coupon (one was with a $10 off $10 purchase coupon at Kohl's, and it was late in the season and the only ornament I kind of liked that they had left, so free is free). I've thought of back collecting it, but some are really expensive. I'm not a cat person. I like them, but I love dogs. Besides, I'm severely allergic to them. My throat can close up if I'm around cats for too long.

Watch, they'll probably come out with one like the Mischievous Kittens with little cute puppies lol.

#240525 - 01/23/13 03:15 PM Re: KOC 2013 Renewal info! [Re: StaceyN]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Oops! My brain is still in 2012, I meant THIS year, they're doing both, what do you think they'll do in 2014?

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator