YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26322 Topics
325324 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241415 - 02/02/13 06:03 PM Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Now that we know where the four signing events will be, I thought I'd start a poll to see what you think might be sold there. This is only something fun and not based on anything I know.
Signing Event Merchandise
Only one choice allowed (73 total votes)
Something new and exclusive to the signing events - 44 (60%)
Nothing new for the signing event but left over from previous years (club or regular line) - 4 (05%)
Nothing new for the signing event but left over from this year\'s event - 17 (23%)
Nothing special at all - 8 (11%)
Voting on this poll ends: 02/09/13 06:00 PM

#241423 - 02/02/13 06:42 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
carstairs38 Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I thought the event pieces would be at the signings. Guess I dreamed that and it wasn't something we'd heard.

I hope it's either something new or something from the big event.

#241427 - 02/02/13 06:54 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: carstairs38]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Nancy,

You left off the possibility of a repaint of an event piece. Although it wouldn't be something new, it certainly wouldn't be considered left overs and would be exclusive.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#241430 - 02/02/13 07:18 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: KCC Pursuit]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: KCC Pursuit
Nancy,

You left off the possibility of a repaint of an event piece. Although it wouldn't be something new, it certainly wouldn't be considered left overs and would be exclusive.

Wouldn't that be new and exclusive since it wasn't available before and nowhere else?

I'd consider this year's stove repaint new and exclusive since it hasn't been available before.

#241431 - 02/02/13 07:19 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: KCC Pursuit]
SweetsLover827 Offline
Elf

Loc: New Jersey
I would love to see the event-exclusive cookie cutter or fairy messenger if there are any left overs from the event.

#241435 - 02/02/13 07:43 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: SweetsLover827]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
When will we know what the Artist Signing ornament will be?

Lisa

#241436 - 02/02/13 07:48 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: grandma lise]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
But, is it fair to offer event exclusive pieces at the signing? People have to be club members to even attend the event. They also have to pay to attend. You do not have to be a club member or pay to attend a signing. Yes, most who attend have travel expenses, but that has nothing to do with Hallmark.

I say just colorway a RTW ornament from Premiere. Or colorway a regular line one. A third colorway of the stove would be okay too (maybe black).

#241438 - 02/02/13 07:56 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
How did they handle Santa's Favorite Stop? Was it both a signing and an event piece? IF so such a thing as having an item available at both wouldn't be unprecedented. I bought my Santa's Favorite Stop years later on the secondary . . . but am thinking it was available at both type of events. I believe the year was 1993 but might have been earlier. ???

#241439 - 02/02/13 07:57 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: luckdragon]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
I too am wondering if there will be a black stove. Just hope it's not a similar situation to the white partridge in a pear tree event ornament (because I'd like to have one, just not for $600!).

Lisa

#241440 - 02/02/13 07:58 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS
 Originally Posted By: KCC Pursuit
Nancy,

Wouldn't that be new and exclusive since it wasn't available before and nowhere else?

I'd consider this year's stove repaint new and exclusive since it hasn't been available before.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I think of new as something designed for the event that we haven't seen before as opposed to a re-issue of an existing piece. That said I can see your point as well. Since it would be re-imagined it would be new and exclusive.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#241443 - 02/02/13 08:08 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: luckdragon]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I say just colorway a RTW ornament from Premiere. Or colorway a regular line one.

This would prove difficult, since all the signing artist would have to of contributed to the piece.

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
A third colorway of the stove would be okay too (maybe black).

Intriguing, I hadn't thought of a second repaint of the stove. I vote for switching the colors of the canisters and the stove so the stove is shades of blue and the canisters are shades of green.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#241445 - 02/02/13 08:12 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: KCC Pursuit]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
They used to have special product available for purchase that had nothing to do with the artist coming there to sign. Remember the firetrucks? I prefer when there is something the artist has done - it's more memorable.
Wouldn't it be awesome if there were four colorways made - a different one for each event - based on one of the ornaments the artist has done? It could even be from a previous year's ornaments.

#241453 - 02/02/13 09:10 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Diana*]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho

It's too special of a year for anything other than an original. I won't consider traveling if it's not.

I'm anxiously awaiting more info on this, as well as the main event.

Woohoo! it's a good year to be a Hallmark Keepsake ornament collector!

#241459 - 02/02/13 09:47 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Qwackertoo]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
How did they handle Santa's Favorite Stop? Was it both a signing and an event piece? IF so such a thing as having an item available at both wouldn't be unprecedented. I bought my Santa's Favorite Stop years later on the secondary . . . but am thinking it was available at both type of events. I believe the year was 1993 but might have been earlier. ???

I believe that Santa's Favorite Stop was only available at certain stores but I don't remember if there was a signing event at the store when that piece was sold. I'll have to look it up sometime.

#241464 - 02/02/13 10:19 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
lindafay Offline
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
I'm thinking probably something that will be available at the KC event. Possibly a repaint of it.

Linda

#241465 - 02/02/13 10:28 PM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: KCC Pursuit]
peimom Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Hi! I have not posted, for a LONG time; due to family and health issues.

I attended a signing event, in Urbandale, Iowa: in 1993, to buy Santa's Favorite Stop. Two of my friends and I drove from KCMO, and arrived at Linda's Hallmark (around 3:30AM) to wait; for the store to open..........I have many GREAT memories from that trip.

SFS was only available, at signing events that year.

#241480 - 02/03/13 02:16 AM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
How about this choice, Nancy:

A red/pink repaint of the retired artist table from last year's signing events to go with the stove repaint!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#241489 - 02/03/13 08:39 AM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: StaceyN]
HAL1069 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN

It's too special of a year for anything other than an original. I won't consider traveling if it's not.

I'm anxiously awaiting more info on this, as well as the main event.

Woohoo! it's a good year to be a Hallmark Keepsake ornament collector!

I think every year is a good year to be a Hallmark Keepsake Oranment collector! However, my check book doesn't agree with me!

Ralph

#241493 - 02/03/13 09:25 AM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Karen W2]
KCC Pursuit Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: Karen W2

A red/pink repaint of the retired artist table from last year's signing events to go with the stove repaint!

"Mrs. Claus' Table" was created for the retired artists to have something current to sign at the 2012 signing events. If it was repainted for this years KOC event, it would be the easiest and most economical way Hallmark could also have something for the retired artists to sign. As such, I would be surprised if this wasn't offered as part of the Hangin' WITH YOUR BUDDIES event selection.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~

#241506 - 02/03/13 11:36 AM Re: Keepsake Item(s) Available at Signing Events [Re: Karen W2]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2

I'd be surprised if that was at the signing events since it was created for the retired artists and not for current artists.

My guess is that IF anything special is offered it's merchandise leftover/allocated from the main event in KC. I don't think they'd go to the expense to create something new or to repaint something. With the way they allocate quantities I don't see them going that route.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator