YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26326 Topics
325460 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#24204 - 06/18/02 01:15 PM Question for Beth@Hallmark
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
Since you are always so nice to give us all the good news coming from Hallmark, I thought it interesting that we didn't get the good news about refunds on the shipping charges for club ornaments from you. Or even directly from Hallmark, for that matter. It seems that if it weren't for an alert YuleLogger (thanks, dragon!) and an ebay seller passing along the news to the masses as best they could, most of us would never realize that a refund was available if you had placed your order for club ornaments early in the year.

So what's the story here? I'd really like to know, because I'd hate to believe that what appears to be the case is actually the case....that Hallmark would be so (insert negative word of your choice here - my favorites are chintzy and weasely) as to intentionally not tell club members that they have money coming to them, in the hopes that they would not have to pay out as much.

So.....is that the case?

#24205 - 06/19/02 07:30 AM Re: Question for Beth@Hallmark
Beth@Hallmark Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Hallmarkland
The additional option in ordering Club Editions was established to give members the ability to choose what they prefer -- to make a trip to the store and order them, or to order them from home -- whichever works best for the member at that time. As with other direct-to-home purchases, consumers pay a shipping and handling charge to have an item delivered to their home. Hallmark also collects sales tax.

Hallmark believes that it acted appropriately in determining what means of ordering to offer and in modifying those options when it did. However, if a member feels it unfair that they paid shipping and handling to have a 2002 Club Edition delivered to their home prior to being able to order through their retailer, Hallmark will refund the shipping and handling charged.

#24206 - 06/19/02 08:56 AM Re: Question for Beth@Hallmark
BluOrchid2 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lee's Summit, MO
Thank you for responding, Beth.

Quote:
As with other direct-to-home purchases, consumers pay a shipping and handling charge to have an item delivered to their home.

Yes, but only when ordering Club pieces is a member charged shipping/handling charges FOR EACH ITEM. Why is that? When orders are placed on the Hallmark website, the shipping charge is calculated based on the dollar amount of the entire order, not assessed on each item ordered. When items are being shipped together in the same box, I think most people (including those that work at Hallmark) would agree that charging shipping that way is OVERcharging, and I think most people would definitely want to know if a refund was available to them.

Quote:
However, if a member feels it unfair that they paid shipping and handling to have a 2002 Club Edition delivered to their home prior to being able to order through their retailer, Hallmark will refund the shipping and handling charged.

And how is a member to know that? THIS is what I'm saying Hallmark should have included in the letter. THIS is the stinky part....not letting members know directly that a refund is available to them. It's nice that you're telling them that HERE, and NOW, but as you know many/most? of your members don't have internet access.

I hope Hallmark remembers that these aren't just any customers, either. These are members of your Collector's Club. These are Collector's Club members who, unlike me, don't wait until the last minute to renew their memberships, and don't wait until the last minute to order club merchandise. These members are your most eager, most enthusiastic, and I'd even venture to say your most loyal patrons.

Please urge Hallmark to send out a letter to these people who ordered early, letting them know a refund is available to them. Then I think most of us collectors will believe that Hallmark has acted appropriately.

Moderator:  Moderator