YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#242836 - 03/27/13 08:42 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Loquacious]
goldcrownfan Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

As I looked through the Dreambook several of the ornaments made me laugh out loud when I saw them:

Jingle Frogs - those eyes cracked me up

Peppermint Bark - the dog looks so goofy and fun

Marvin the Martian - cute

Have a Cool Yule - priceless expression on the face of the bear

It is interesting to see how many times a squirrel is featured this year. I am looking forward to seeing the Visit from Santa to see how the squirrel looks in person.

The expressions on the faces of the lambs in the Godchild ornament are precious.

Both the Santa Signal and the Happy Birthday Jesus cupcake are so creative. I can't wait to see them in person too.

My #1 must have for this year is the mini gumdrop with the gingerbread man.

I do miss the Barbies this year though.....
I felt like they had gone from great to really great last year with the way the Student Teacher was packaged. I was hoping they would take it on to backdrops and the fold up playsets like the Barbie Goes to College set. I really hope Mattel and Hallmark will work out a partnership again.

#242841 - 03/27/13 09:24 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: goldcrownfan]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
So looks like the Bobby Orr Canadian Exclusive last year wasn't really exclusive???

#242845 - 03/27/13 09:34 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: grahamcracker72]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
 Originally Posted By: grahamcracker72
So looks like the Bobby Orr Canadian Exclusive last year wasn't really exclusive???

Oh hey! I didn't even notice that; kind of just skip over those pages. Good detective work, GrahamCracker!

#242852 - 03/27/13 11:05 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: goldcrownfan]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
I've been thumbing through the Dreambook all evening...really didn't think I'd see it until tomorrow...what a pleasant surprise!

Looks like North Pole Tree Trimmers, pg 3, has taken the place of Prep & Landing. Really curious as to where Tracy Larson takes us with this series. And he created a lot of fun ornaments this year...Reindeer Rider, pg. 81, makes me wish I collected Harley ornaments.

Ken Crow's new Santa Certified series looks like it will be a nice compliment for his Toymaker Santa series - (this year's Santa is one of my favorites).

Can hardly wait to turn the mixer on Santa's Sweet Ride, pg. 5.

Looking forward to seeing Cinema of the Noelville series and the new Kringleville ornament lit. The lever action looks like it will be fun too. Still can't believe Hallmark ended this series...so, so disappointed. It was a much anticipated favorite each year.

Couldn't resist posting a link to "Low Rider" performed by WAR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4yhp9L6Ok Low Rider, pg 11, is a cool ornament. Thinking about getting one for each of our two older boys. One drove a low-rider truck in high school, the other a classic Cadillac with fin tail lights.

Tracy Larsen's Holiday Lighthouse, pg. 12, is a nice second in series. And it looks like we've got quite a few "Nellco" ornaments this year: Jolly Jukebox, pg 13, Santa's Hotline, pg 26, and the tabletop display, North Pole Countdown, pg 84. We even have Captain Nello's Ray Gun, pg. 53, a must have!

Season's Treatings, pg 15, Christmas Cupcake, One Sweet Gingerbread Boy (gumdrop), and Cookie Cutter Christmas, pg 16, are all fine foody additions.

Three French Hens, pg 16, exceeded my expectations. This is such a fun series.

I noticed a new artist, Jake Angell. I think he's off to a great start with Santa's Magic Storybook, pg. 29, and Standup Skeleton (Halloween), pg 85. I also like Santa's North Pole Workshop and Santa's Spirit Meter, pg 29.

Sad to see the end of Mickey's Christmas Carol, pg 44. Nello Williams did such a great job on this series. I'm still mad. I hope Hallmark makes this right with collectors by offering additional ornaments as Limited Quanity ornaments.

Daisy Fairy and Little Sweet Pea Fairy, pg 51, also exceeded my expections. Hard to believe this series is already in it's 9th year. Where does the time go...

One Fish Two Fish, pg 52, will be a nice addition to my nursery rhyme and storybook character theme tree, as will It's a Twister! (WOZ), pg. 67 - (can't wait to see those witches spin!) - Bilbo Baggins and Hogwarts Castle, pg. 71.

A "Light" Snack (Taz, Looney Tunes), pg. 60, is hard to resist with it's glowing tummy.

Pigpen Builds a Snowman, pg. 58, was a nice surprise. And I really like Bird-Watcher Snoopy, pg. 58, also designed by Jim Kimme, who...also designed the Monthly Peanuts Collection, pgs. 86-87...so tempted...

Fun night!

Lisa

#242876 - 03/28/13 09:25 AM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: grandma lise]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Did anyone else notice that Santa's Reindeer Flight School is employing the same idea as 2011 Dumbo Takes to the Sky? Except they did a sound chip in this one.

Little Sweet Pea Fairy reminds me of the baby Frostlight Faeries. ;\)

And one that no one's mentioned yet that looks very promising: One Snowman Band
What a cheerful snowman he is! The colors really pop on that one too. And I love that he has a little mug filled with tips next to him. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Also, thank you Hallmark for bringing back the unofficial Dr. Seuss book style ornaments!

#242885 - 03/28/13 11:01 AM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Rainbowgirl]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
 Originally Posted By: Rainbowgirl
. . .nobody laughed so they knew they found the right guy. So if nobody laughed why lose the trunks? I feel like I have to avert my eyes.

I think the new outfit is to sexualize Superman even more.
I think the new costume is also "dark", aesthetically speaking. I look at it and think Superman turned "bad."

#242895 - 03/28/13 02:27 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Loquacious]
robster
Unregistered

It's Superman,I don't care. As long as he flies,LOL! Looking forward to this and Star Trek the most I think. Well,at least today,right NOW anyways,lol! Could change by the time I log off though,could be Smurfs 2 for all I know,LOL!

And I'm convinced they'll do a con exclusive KARR at some point,just like they did with that Cylon. Ooooh,let's just paint him gold and sell him again. Ooooh,let's just paint some silver/grey at the bottom of KITT and sell him again,lol! Bet he won't be magic though. Was that con exclusive Cylon magic? I don 't remember,never got him. It's only THIS year they FINALLY made something I really want!

Have fun!

J-R!

#242898 - 03/28/13 02:33 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: ]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, speaking of Smurfs, the Smurfs ornament this year is actually Christmasy! Papa Smurf dressed as Santa with a sack of gifts.

I still think they just based the Man of Steel costume on the newest costume from the comics.

#242899 - 03/28/13 02:35 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: debbieg]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
 Originally Posted By: debbieg

I think the new costume is also "dark", aesthetically speaking. I look at it and think Superman turned "bad."

To me, based on what I have seen, the cinematography for the whole movie is drab. I'm not really sure what the filmmakers are going for with this look.
As for the trunks I really think they are needed to break up the blue. I'm also a traditionalist and they (the trunks) have been fine for 75 years so why change now? You can tweak the outfit a bit (Superman Returns three dimensional S) but to me its change just for the sake of change, i.e. "Let put my spin on this character". I also really don't care for the wrist piping, looks too militarist to me, IMHO.

Originally Posted By: StaceyN

I like the updated style and the muted colors of his new duds. He looks bad-ass.

See that's the thing to me, this is one thing that Superman is not.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (03/28/13 02:45 PM)

#242901 - 03/28/13 02:41 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: luckdragon]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
I've decided I won't be buying the monthly peanuts ornaments especially at that price. I don't leave a tree up all year long and though I have enough kitchen cabinets to hang them from . . . they would look weird. However, I think they could have used other characters besides doubling and quadrupling up on some.
Now, if they were Merry Miniatures . . .

#242906 - 03/28/13 02:52 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Loquacious]
robster
Unregistered

Still don't care,as long as he has some gorgeous flying scenes and it looks GOOD! I'm only in it for the flying,LOL! Yeah,they totally went with the new 52 comic look. Even though I'm looking forward to it,I'm still cautiously optimistic about the movie. Just hope they don't go Batman-dark with it.

Ooooh,SMURFS! LOL! Sounds great!

I wanna get two sets of that monthly Peanuts thing,don't really care how much they cost as I don't even know....I think. LOL! Any hobby you have will always cost money,even when you look for the bargains and buy stuff on sale. Unless you're hobby is hiking,that's free....mostly,lol!

Keep Trekkin'!

J-R!

#242907 - 03/28/13 02:57 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: debbieg]
robster
Unregistered

WHAT THE FUDGE!?! What happened to my post? Says it's on page 10 but I'm not getting a page 10! LOL! Oh well,if it disappears I'll just post it again. Never give up,NEVER surrender!

J-R!

#242909 - 03/28/13 02:58 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: ]
robster
Unregistered

Oh NOW there's a page 10! ROFL!

J-R!

#242910 - 03/28/13 03:07 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: grandma lise]
Marys Offline
Elf

[quote=grandma lise]

Three French Hens, pg 16, exceeded my expectations. This is such a fun series.

I agree, looks really good!

#242914 - 03/28/13 03:39 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Marys]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
So many really good ornaments this year !!!

Holiday Lighthouse, One Sweet Gingerbread Boy gumdrop, Three French Hens, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Reindeer Rider, Beer Stein, Cedar Waxwing look to be our favorites so far.

I like the Happy Holiday Friends snowman, Papa Smurf, 1936 GMC pickup, Have a Cool Yule polar bear, and Bless This Home ornaments.

The Kiss the Cook (snowman made out of dishes and other kitchen items) looks interesting.

The Snow Buddies doesn't look that great. I might of had my fill of the Playful Penguins and Beaglescout adventures.

I like the NorthPole Tree Trimmers. Will probably get the Santa Certified train and Cool Icicles. Not sure with the Heavenly Belles.

I need to see the Our Nutty Family ornament.

I noticed a lot of the ones we want are not out till October and December.

#242917 - 03/28/13 03:58 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: JerseyVike]
nhardy Offline
Elf VP

Wish the display bases were shown in the Dreambook. I guess they are saving them for the mailing to get you excited closer to the event.

#242918 - 03/28/13 04:03 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: nhardy]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
I was surprised they didn't have the birds' tree for this series in the Dream Book, with the orn. You'd think lots of people would want to see it before it goes on sale.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#242924 - 03/28/13 05:44 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: Karen W2]
88eggs Online   content
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Did anyone notice that (or did I just miss it) the Disney Cinderella's Castle for the D23 show (shown in For Keeps) is a repaint of the one shown in the Dream Book?

Ted

#242927 - 03/28/13 06:49 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: 88eggs]
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
I noticed that last night, so glad it's not just D23, tho our son/DIL are D23. It's perfect for our youngest grandaughter, she's born on July 4th (fireworks!)and loves Disney. Can't wait to show them.

Originally Posted By: 88eggs
Did anyone notice that (or did I just miss it) the Disney Cinderella's Castle for the D23 show (shown in For Keeps) is a repaint of the one shown in the Dream Book?

Ted

Edited by CorvetteElaine (03/28/13 06:50 PM)

#242930 - 03/28/13 07:25 PM Re: Dreambook comments [Re: debbieg]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
I'm passing on the Peanuts of the month club too! I already have too many others from past years.

Did you notice they aren't matched up with the month's holiday that would make sense (Valentine in July, Pattie for St. Patty's Day, but it's not March, it's August, etc?). Very weird!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Moderator