YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (ajfargo), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26149 Topics
323366 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250297 - 08/23/13 11:05 PM Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
We're down to about a week and a half before we should see the first of the Disney sketchbook ornaments arrive on the Disney Store website (usually shows up a day or two after Labor Day).

So, what do you hope to see this year?

I always want characters I don't have, so here are my top 10!

1. Prince Adam (Beauty and the Beast)
2. Tarzan (any character from this movie, please)
3. Trusty (Lady and the Tramp)
4. Vanellope (Wreck-It Ralph)
5. Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)
6. Elsa (Frozen)
7. Captain Shang (Mulan)
8. Oliver (Oliver and Company)
9. Robin Hood
10. Wendy (Peter Pan)

#250298 - 08/24/13 12:53 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I would take anyone from Wreck-It Ralph, personally.

I really can't believe they haven't done the Fairy Godmother yet.

Any of those work for me since I'm even further behind than you on collecting characters. Although I think I do have Wendy in the Peter Pan Storybook set.

#250310 - 08/24/13 04:10 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm looking for mostly characters from the classic older Disney movies, but I would be interested in anything book background style if they started making a few that way.

#250461 - 08/27/13 08:49 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They're ARRIVING!

http://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-ornaments/mn/1014405/?catalogFromSearch=10002

So far, I like the White Rabbit, Casey Jr., and Captain Hook with Mr. Smee. I'll wait until the rest show up before I make my final decision, and I hope that they have a 2 for sale again. But, I have a feeling that the White Rabbit will be a yes...

Apparently they're going to reveal new ones every week. This week is the Classic Films. Though...how "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" fits into that...I'm unsure (unless they mean the time period the film is set in). I would have defined Classic as the Walt Disney years.

Some of those are very much like what Hallmark's doing next year (Mrs. Jumbo with Dumbo and Jessica Rabbit).

This year, they have a Disney Store online exclusive, which is Tinker Bell dressed in red, sitting on a pale pink flower. I'm thinking the in-store one is the one on the banner.

Bernard and Bianca on the Devil's Eye is back for those that missed it a couple of years ago!

Oh, and this one popped up yesterday:
http://www.disneystore.com/flamingo-ornament-fantasia-2000/mp/1337554/1000344/
It's the flamingo from "Fantasia 2000." Kind of cute, but he needs his yo-yo. That's a Disney Parks ornament.

#250462 - 08/27/13 08:58 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
None are jumping out at me as must haves, but we'll see what I think on a second look.

I believe we've seen that Alice before. I want to say last year, but I could be wrong on that.

#250464 - 08/27/13 09:02 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, the Alice one and the Pinocchio one are from last year's collection. It's weird that I know that and didn't buy either. I could probably be accused of stalking the Disney Store website...that cast member pop-up thing happened the third time I went to the page. wink

The Dumbo and Mrs. Jumbo one is from a different scene than the Hallmark one, so they are different. The Disney Store one is from the beginning. See how Dumbo's ears are folded back?

But it's weird how similar they are to the Hallmark ones. The Jiminy Cricket one is a light clip, just like Mickey's Christmas Carol #4.

#250465 - 08/27/13 09:34 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Is the Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head new or repeat? They seem familiar.

#250497 - 08/27/13 09:58 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

This one?
http://www.disneystore.com/figurine-mrs-potato-head-and-mr-potato-head-ornament/mp/1293695/1000344/

Yeah, that's from the Disney Parks ornaments collection. The Disney Parks ones tend to be more expensive than the Disney Sketchbook ones. I bought a Parks ornament from the online store last year and they just ship them in bubble wrap. Blah. At least the Sketchbook ones come in boxes with foam inserts. Just noticed that the Tinker Bell ornament is more expensive than the other Sketchbook ornaments. Not that I want a Tinker Bell ornament, but that's not good. Could mean they won't do the 2 for deal. Granted, last year's 2 for only saved...$1 or $2 if you bought them in pairs, so it was almost not worth doing. And when they did a deeper discount, at least half of the ones I bought in October were sold out. The suckers go fast!

Did some closer looking at some. Casey Junior lights up and uses 3 LR44 batteries. It's an on/off switch on the bottom instead of a button like Hallmark uses (drains batteries faster if you don't turn it off).

Edited by luckdragon (08/28/13 12:01 AM)

#250503 - 08/28/13 07:43 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Looks like the next collection will be a Disney/Pixar collection. There not showing them yet, only a Buzz/Woody Toy Story pic.

#250504 - 08/28/13 08:31 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Weird that they already changed the banner a day after putting them up. That Toy Story one is a repeat. The 4 sketches represent ornaments too, so it looks like Sulley in his OK sweater, Boo, and Lightning McQueen.

Hopefully they'll make that same mistake every day this week and just keep changing the banner, showing the different "collections" in preview.

Edit: Oop! They caught the banner mistake. It's back to the Classic Years banner. But, the Toy Story one was the one like High-Flyin' Friends. The others were just drawings of what I described, and I feel like Lightning McQueen was a repeat. Gotta love repeats! Hey, they're awesome because if you have them, you can skip them, and if you missed them (like Bernard/Bianca, folks!), you can buy them.

Edited by luckdragon (08/28/13 03:44 PM)

#250657 - 08/30/13 10:03 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, today when you search ornament, they actually have a full banner up of a mom and daughter hanging ornaments on a tree. Right above the girl's arm, you can see an ornament of Peter Pan catching Wendy. I checked ebay, and that one doesn't come up, so I think that's a new sketchbook design. At least, I hope it is.

Told you, I'm obsessed and have been stalking the Disney Store website.

#250665 - 08/30/13 11:21 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Your updates are appreciated, luckdragon!

#250676 - 08/30/13 05:49 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Thank you for saying Bianca and Bernard!! I've been looking for that one ever since I missed it at our local Disney Store and all the others were sold out! I also have been checking the site every few days, but I got caught up with something else and hadn't checked this week yet.

It's weird tho, you have to look at several things having to do with Christmas to see all of the orns they have! I first checked "Christmas Ornaments", which seems like the obvious choice, not there, I then chose "Christmas Decorations" or "Christmas" and it was there! It's also there is you say "Bianca", but that one's too obvious.

The other interesting thing is the price is $2 cheaper than when it was released years ago! When it was out before, it was $14.95, instead of $12.95! I wonder why the difference, but I'm not complaining! I have an online credit with them that's been burning a hole in my pocket, ever since they botched my last order, a few months ago.

Do you know when they go on sale online? I want to make sure I get the Devil's Eye this time and there are some others I want, like Figment and a couple of the Alice orns.

Thanks again for the update!!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#250683 - 08/30/13 11:20 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I hope they go on sale. Last year, they were $10.50 each and were 2 for $20, so they are $2.45 higher than last year.

The 2011 ones were 2 for $16 (can't remember the regular prices). I'd settle for 2 for $20 again.

Glad that they re-issued the Bernard/Bianca ornament for you, Karen! I'm hoping they'll reissue the Si and Am ornament for me. *crosses fingers*

The artist who did them worked on "Hercules," "Tarzan," and "The Emperor's New Groove." Ornaments for those would be a "yes please!" Granted, I have the Hallmark Hercules ornaments, so I'd rather have something from the other two. When you click on the info about the artist, it does show another ornament we haven't seen: Winnie the Pooh on a balloon.

They also brought back the logo charms. I haven't seen those in years.

#250723 - 09/01/13 12:08 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I like the Dumbo and Mrs. Jumbo sketchbook ornament. I may have to get that one as it's very cute!

Angela

#250724 - 09/01/13 12:15 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
I see these other sketchbook ornaments:

Captain Hook and Mr. Smee in a rowboat
Jiminy Cricket next to a candle
Alice in Wonderland in the bottle (that made her smaller)
The White Rabbit with his watch
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Baloo
Pinnochio in the cage
Tinkerbell on Flower
Roger Rabbit and Jessica
Bernard and Miss Bianca
Sorcerer Mickey Mouse

I like most of these!

Angela

#250802 - 09/03/13 01:21 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, now that the attack of the bots happened, this one sunk a bit.

But, the Disney-Pixar ornaments for the sketchbook collection are up. I wasn't impressed. The Mike and Sulley one would have been much better if it was a regular figure piece instead of shrunken figures surrounded by glass. Bigger would have shown off the characters more. Because when you zoom in, they look odd. It's a very cute idea though.

I'm thinking they are categorizing "Brave" as princess instead of Disney-Pixar. Hopefully they'll have Merida with Elinor.

Any guesses on next week's preview? I'm thinking Mickey and friends or Princesses.

#250831 - 09/03/13 10:35 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

So far I like Pinocchio, Buzz & Woody, and Captain Hook, but no "must haves" yet.

#250872 - 09/04/13 08:03 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Kathy from FL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Seminole, FL USA
I got the sketchbook Tinker Bell on a flower!!! Thanks for the heads-up!!!

#251197 - 09/09/13 08:06 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

As of 9am Eastern time, there is nothing new in the Sketchbook ornament section on the Disney site.

Last week I did notice when you look at the Steamboat Willy ornament, it shows Prep & Landing and Brave Bears Sketchbook ornaments.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator