YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (Sean Ray, beaglebabes, 88eggs), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251224 - 09/09/13 09:38 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I'm a little sneak and figured out that tomorrow, the Princess and Friends line will be up. How? I copied the image location of the current Pixar banner, pasted it into another tab, and I noticed they named the image by the date, so I changed the date to tomorrow's date, and voila!

To prove it, it is 10:37 PM EST on 9/9/13, and tomorrow's banner will feature Ariel with a Prince Eric statue. The three sketch images are: the Ariel/statue, Mulan in fighting stance, and Snow White kissing Dopey. At least I think it's Mulan in fighting stance...Eric's statue head is in the way.

Okay, the Ariel/Eric thing is freaky since Hallmark is doing the same thing next year! Mrs. Jumbo/Dumbo reminds me of next year's Hallmark piece too. WEIRD!

Can't wait to see them tomorrow! Especially the Mulan one (since, well the Ariel/Eric one is like Hallmark's and Snow White/Dopey is a reissue).

#251228 - 09/09/13 11:08 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
It seems like they often repeat one another. Or should I say Disney copies good ideas from Hallmark. Because I would guess they got approval from Disney for next years designs at least a year ago. Just guessing.

#251229 - 09/09/13 11:23 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Thanks for keeping track of this. Since today's Monday, I would've thought they would've added it today, but I'll check it out tomorrow!

I'm still surprised there are some orns there that came out a few years ago, case in point, the Buzz/Woody under the ear hat! I bought that orn 3 yrs ago and it's still there!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#251230 - 09/10/13 01:02 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Disney has some stuff they sell out right away. Others, they keep producing as people keep buying.

I collect the Disney pins, and there are some I can buy today that I would buy 6 years ago. Others have come and gone since then, so you never know.

My friend says when it comes to Disney, you buy it when you see it if you like it. That's pretty much my philosophy, too.

#251232 - 09/10/13 06:20 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, the princesses and friends ornaments are up. Only 3 are repeats (out of 9): Snow White with Dopey, Dopey going up the steps, and Gus and Jaq on the slipper.

Of the 9 new ones, I really like the Aladdin one with Aladdin getting ready to rub the lamp. It's nice to see them using Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Mulan because they aren't used as often. Hallmark can take a note that they did not have to resort to using Rapunzel in this particular part of the collection (since Hallmark seems to believe Rapunzel must have a boring ornament every year just featuring her and sometimes Pascal). I may get Aladdin and maybe the Flounder/Sebastian one since I don't have a Flounder ornament.

Notice the banner does not say to come back next week for another part of the series. I'm hoping that this isn't all of them. It's less than 30. frown

#251234 - 09/10/13 07:40 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
The Ariel and Pocahontas are maybe's, but still no must haves.

I do like the Mickey & Pluto that is shown in the banner when you search for "ornament", but I don't see that one offered for sale...yet.

#251260 - 09/10/13 04:53 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Here are the ones I'm interested in, from what I can tell from the photo. I may wait to see what they look like in the store first.

1. Bernard & Miss Bianca - gotta have that "diamond"!!
2. Merida - want to see, to compare to Hallmark and other Disney orns of her
3. Alice in the teapot - Alice is my all-time fave
4. Figment! My favorite from WDW
5. Hook & Smee - so far, I only have Peter and Tink, since the last time they released orns, all in the store were broken in some way!
6. White Rabbit - Cute figural

Even tho Alice is my all-time fave Disney character, I'm not liking the weird Alice orns, so I'll pass on those.

Does anyone know when they'll be in the stores and when they'll be on sale, online or in stores?

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#251266 - 09/10/13 05:58 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

There are definitely more sketchbook ornaments coming! (spoilers from a bored person)

List of Sketchbook ornaments 2013 that I found images for on the Disney Store site (none are "live" with links, so it's not that easy to find them. Takes a bit of work):

Mickey and Friends:
Mickey Mouse (Mickey dressed as Santa with a bag of toys standing next to a chimney)
Mickey Mouse (red glitter shorts, holding a candy cane)
Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy (in a hot air balloon that is Mickey's glove)
Minnie Mouse (wearing red wintry outfit and holding a purple gift)
Minnie Mouse (in her pink polka dot dress with shopping bags)
Donald Duck with Huey, Dewey, and Louie going downhill on a sled
Goofy on skis
Chip and Dale (on a large acorn that is actually a jingle bell)

Pooh and Tinker Bell:
Pooh on a red balloon (adorable, you can see the sketch on the website if you click on the artist for the sketchbook series)
Tigger hugging Eeyore (look up the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie's DVD cover. It reminds me of that)
Tinker Bell (sitting on something...a cork maybe?)
Tinker Bell (like the red .com exclusive, but it's the regular one where she's in a green dress sitting in a purple flower)

Walt Disney animated films:
King Louie and Mowgli (King Louie on his throne with Mowgli perched on the throne's arm. Mowgli has a banana peel on his head, complements the Baloo ornament)
Peter Pan and Wendy (if you search Ornaments, you can see it in the banner. He's catching her)

After Walt Disney animated films:
Lilo and Stitch (they're on the kiddie ride like this snowglobe kind of: http://disneysnowglobescollectorsguide.b...-snowglobe.html)

Fabric dress princesses (winter theme):
Ariel (pink dress)
Aurora (pink)
Belle (pink dress from "Something There" scene)
Cinderella
Jasmine
Rapunzel
Snow White
Tiana (green dress)

Nightmare Before Christmas:
Jack Skellington (reissue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DISNEY-Hinge...=item1c3659de18)
Sally (reissue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIB-Disney-Sketc...=item4175faec24)
Jack and Sally (standing in front of a backdrop of Halloweentown drenched in snow, very nice piece)

Computer animated feature:
Dusty (from Planes)

Disney Channel cartoons:
Doc McStuffins (holding Lambie)
Jake and the Neverland Pirates (reissue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Store-Jak...=item1e7545c40b)
Perry wearing a Santa hat and draped over a wreath
Sofia

Marvel:
Hulk
Iron Man
Spiderman (upside down kind of like Hallmark 2005 Spiderman)

And no, I did not hack into the site. I just looked at the images they uploaded. Their images have numbered names, so I just change the numbers. I did not use a program or break into their site. I'm being very good and not showing the images to you guys. Even though I want to. But darn it, they're being so annoying with a small amount every week.

Hope you enjoyed what I found out. There may be more still to come. It's just what I could find.

For me, if these are the only ones (including what's on the site now), I would pick these:
1. Peter Pan and Wendy (well...Wendy was on my list of hopes for this year, so have to have it)
2. Aladdin and Abu
3. King Louie and Mowgli
4. Lilo and Stitch (so cute, if I had known about it last year, I wouldn't have bought last year's)
5. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
6. It's between Pooh (even though I need no more Pooh, it's that cute), White Rabbit, and Flounder/Sebastian...though I'll probably skip Flounder/Sebastian. I like the Enesco ornament "Here Comes Santa Claws" better...

#251330 - 09/11/13 04:09 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
nhardy Offline
Elf VP

I'm wondering if these will be at the Disney store outlet. Their other store in the area is just so hard to get to. It might be just as easy to order online if someone would be kind enough to list the sales code like you did last year.

#251364 - 09/12/13 11:51 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm waiting to see everything before I place an order.

Interesting to see Marvel ornaments coming out. I wonder when we'll see Star Wars as well?

#251447 - 09/14/13 10:39 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I decided to go through the site again just because I'm waiting for a sales ad to show up at midnight, and I stumbled across a three ornament set from "Frozen" of Anna, Elsa, and Olaf!

I'll have to get that set. Just in case Hallmark never jumps on the bandwagon. Hopefully the set isn't too expensive.

#251485 - 09/16/13 07:44 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Looks like all the Sketchbook ornaments are up.

...and $10 each if you buy 2.

#251489 - 09/16/13 08:51 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yay! So much better prices than the 2 for $22 last year! Even though the individual prices are higher than last year!

How'd you like my detective work? Found all of them. wink

#251495 - 09/16/13 09:41 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Great detective work Luckdragon !!!

Now the decision on what to buy. Do I place one large order, or buy 4 or 5 now and 4 or 5 later???

I need to check how long the special pricing is on for.

The Hulk looks good, but do I wait for the 2014 Hallmark Hulk?

I like the Jungle Book, Mickey & Friends Balloon, Goofy Sking, Donald with HueyDeweyLouie, and the Tigger/Eeyore.

#251513 - 09/16/13 01:51 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Mowgli and King Louie! Hooray!

#251660 - 09/20/13 07:29 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
I was looking just last night, lots of "new" characters for the ornaments vs. the usual.

Also lots of very familiar looking sculpts in the regular characters that both Disney and Hallmark produce year in and year out.

I'll have to go back and look today. Just wish they didn't use that awful resin. Too heavy and many break before they even leave the store or the shipping warehouse for the .com sales.

#251795 - 09/24/13 11:21 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I put in my order today.

Got:
Frozen Sketchbook set of 3
Lilo and Stitch (too cute to pass up)
Peter Pan and Wendy
King Louie and Mowgli
Aladdin and Abu
White Rabbit

I was going to go with Smee, but I really like the White Rabbit one. It's going to bum me out if Hallmark does the White Rabbit as a limited quantity ornament for 2014 (they've done a limited quantity Alice ornament every year since 2011). Maybe they'll do the Queen of Hearts instead if they do one. wink

Maybe I'll buy Smee later...

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I'll have to go back and look today. Just wish they didn't use that awful resin. Too heavy and many break before they even leave the store or the shipping warehouse for the .com sales.

I've never had a sketchbook ornament arrive from the .com orders damaged. The ones you order online come in white boxes with foam inserts to protect them, so they are in good shape.

But, last year, my Rex ornament came with a broken ear off his Mickey Mouse ice cream:
http://www.disneystore.com/rex-ornament/mp/1293697/1000344/
Weird that the Disney Parks ornament that cost more was just wrapped in bubble wrap while the cheaper ones from the Disney Store were boxed. *shrugs* I didn't want to go through returns, so i just glued it back on.

Rex is a cute ornament, but I had some issues with it (besides the ice cream). 1 is that I wish they had used a sticker on his mouse ear hat of the MMC logo instead of just a dot of red glitter. 2 is that his left arm is sculpted against his body. For the price of the Disney Parks ornaments, I wish they were as detailed as the Disney Store ornaments. Last year (for example), I bought the Aristocats ornament:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Disney-Store...=item4ac9e118ab
And that ornament was soooo detailed. You cannot tell by stock photos, but their bodies are fully sculpted with tails and everything. It would have been easy to just do a flat black front to indicate the inside of the basket, but they didn't.

Yeah, they are heavy ornaments for the most part. But they give me characters Hallmark just doesn't do.

#252046 - 09/30/13 05:30 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Got my ornaments today!

Reviews:
The Frozen set comes in a lovely box with satin lining. And it's not just a flimsy paperboard box with flaps. It's a nice box with a ribbon you pull to slide the inner box out. The box is lined in satin too. Really nice. The ornaments are closer to the traditional size of Hallmark ornaments, making them lighter in weight.

Aladdin and Abu - Abu's tail is painted metal to hold the weight of the ornament. Pose is good, size is bigger than I expected, but nice.

King Louie and Mowgli - Not as heavy as I thought it would be (it's still resin, so it has some weight). No paint issues. I really like the pose on both characters. Louie was my favorite in that movie when I was little (yes, even over Baloo, and I loved "TailSpin"), so it's nice to finally find an ornament for him.

White Rabbit - Bigger than I thought. I think I'm used to Hallmark, especially that Mad Hatter/Alice ornament. Really great sculpt though. And as I'm typing this review, a commercial for "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" is playing. Nice when the little things coincide.

Lilo and Stitch - Holy cow, this ornament is HEAVY! It's a solid lump of resin. It's really, really adorable and is my favorite of the ones I got because I love the scene it's from. It's just so heavy. If Hallmark had done it, it would have been better, but I think Hallmark is done with "Lilo and Stitch." I'm still baffled that they just did 1 ornament. I remember going to WDW in 2005, and they had a huge "Lilo and Stitch" section of their Christmas store, and this was a couple of years after that movie. Remember how wildly popular that movie was? Sequels, a successful cartoon, etc. And the Hallmark ornament sold out early too. So weird that they never bothered to do another. Reminds me of "Wall-E." They did one that sold well and then nothing. Until the limited Eve (who also sold well, I think). Maybe they'll add that to Disney/Pixar soon.

Peter Pan and Wendy - Unfortunately, Wendy's eyes look weird to me, just like in the site's picture. *sighs* I was so hoping that she wouldn't be. One could say it's just her expression from being dazed. Maybe she's making that expression in the movie...hmm...I should dig out the DVD and check...

#252052 - 10/01/13 01:36 AM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I was disappointed when I looked in my local Disney Store this weekend. They had pretty much the same ornaments they've had in years past, and I've bought the ones I was interested in before. None of the new ornaments they're selling in the store appealed to me. And I have a coupon I can start using tomorrow when I pick up my Little Mermaid Blu-Ray....

#252080 - 10/01/13 11:06 PM Re: Sketchbook Disney ornament hopes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I took another look when I was in today, and they had Baloo! The guy who checked me out (yes, it was a guy), event commented they had just put him out that day. Hopefully that means a few more will trickle in for when I got to pick up Monsters U.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator