YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#265438 - 07/13/14 03:04 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
None for me, but I think I'm going to go back to get the Cantina Band, pg 77, even though I don't collect Star Wars.

Lisa

#265463 - 07/13/14 04:52 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: ILuvChristmas]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: ILuvChristmas
Squirrel! National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Hadn't given it a second look until yesterday.

Epically awesome ornament! Nice choice for a spur of the moment purchase.

#265466 - 07/13/14 05:04 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: grandma lise]
carstairs38 Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: grandma lise
None for me, but I think I'm going to go back to get the Cantina Band, pg 77, even though I don't collect Star Wars.

Lisa

Believe me, if it weren't so expensive, I would have bought it, too. I love that ornament and the music.

#265467 - 07/13/14 05:12 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
GloryBee Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: South Carolina
Me too! Not something I typically collect, but I do love this ornament.

#265489 - 07/13/14 08:09 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
I didn't buy anything on the spur of the moment, but I was temped to buy the Star Trek "scene" ornament. Over the last few years I've come to love that particular episode and I thought the Horta looked much better in person then it did in photographs.

#265492 - 07/13/14 08:35 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qui-gon Grin]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Qui-gon Grin
I didn't buy anything on the spur of the moment, but I was temped to buy the Star Trek "scene" ornament. Over the last few years I've come to love that particular episode and I thought the Horta looked much better in person then it did in photographs.

I bought it. It's a nice ornament but it's difficult to keep the Horta from looking like a big blob. I wish they would have made some of the darker parts of the Horta a little darker to make the lighter parts pop a little more. When you're colorblind, like me, the colors look a little bland.

#265502 - 07/13/14 09:47 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
ShopperBee Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Sweet Skull. It was the last one and is better in person. Have my name down for another for my daughter when the next shipment arrives.

#265519 - 07/13/14 11:11 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: ShopperBee]
redsea Offline
Elf

Originally Posted By: ShopperBee
Sweet Skull. It was the last one and is better in person. Have my name down for another for my daughter when the next shipment arrives.

I love the color on the Sweet Skull....it would really "pop" on a black tree for Halloween. laugh Do you know what kind of material the white is? Thanks!

It is very cute....good choice! smile

#265570 - 07/14/14 04:20 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
Originally Posted By: Qui-gon Grin

I bought it. It's a nice ornament but it's difficult to keep the Horta from looking like a big blob. I wish they would have made some of the darker parts of the Horta a little darker to make the lighter parts pop a little more. When you're colorblind, like me, the colors look a little bland.

It's not just you. That is part of the problem with ornament-the majority of the Horta is pink, when it should be brown with orangey-yellow "veins" as seen below:

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (07/14/14 04:23 PM)

#265578 - 07/14/14 05:09 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
klfjones Offline

Loc: Michie, Tennessee
I hadn't planned on getting A Pony for Christmas as I don't collect this series. I really like the cowboy and the colors.

I put back Santa's Sweet Ride. Looks like a very cheap ornament.

#265587 - 07/14/14 07:17 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: grandma lise]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
My two unplanned ornaments were the Limited Who You Callin' "Chicken?" and All Eyes on Belle. I already have one of Foghorn Leghorn but this one was so well done I had to get it. And when I saw Belle, I couldn't resist...looks much better in person than in the photo!! I also love The Daring Princess but will wait until it is time to pick up another Disney monthly ornament.

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

#265594 - 07/14/14 07:41 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Sue]
redsea Offline
Elf

Originally Posted By: Sue
My two unplanned ornaments were the Limited Who You Callin' "Chicken?" and All Eyes on Belle. I already have one of Foghorn Leghorn but this one was so well done I had to get it. And when I saw Belle, I couldn't resist...looks much better in person than in the photo!! I also love The Daring Princess but will wait until it is time to pick up another Disney monthly ornament.

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

I am really excited for the Disney monthly ornaments! I got all the Peanuts ones last year, and was happy to see that I would be able to collect monthly again....especially with Disney! Did they do any other monthly series before this?

#265597 - 07/14/14 07:48 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: redsea]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: redsea
Did they do any other monthly series before this?

Not with Keepsakes, but they did a lot of them with Merry Miniatures.

Now that they've done Disney, will they continue? And if they do, what will they choose? Maybe Hallmark classics? Like one month have Mary's Angels, another Kris' Penguins, another Snowball/Tuxedo, Frosty, etc.

#265604 - 07/14/14 08:22 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: luckdragon]
redsea Offline
Elf

Thanks, I hope they continue!

#265605 - 07/14/14 08:26 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: klfjones]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Santa's Sweet Ride is an exact copy of a can-am race car. And there isn't much to these. Also, I thought the cookie for the spoiler was cute. It looked good enough to eat!

#265613 - 07/14/14 09:37 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
My husband collects most of the Star Trek ornaments. (all the ships and characters). This years ship looks so...cheap to me. I was excited to see it was going to be black, but when I saw it I was very disappointed. I haven't picked it up yet. I will still have to get it for my husband. I'm going to wait and see if Kohl's will carry it this year. I have been buying the ship for a few years with my 30% discount that I get most often. The Dreambook says it is a GC. I have never noticed that before. What do others think of the ship and the book saying it is a GC?

#265615 - 07/14/14 10:21 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
AshleyC Online   content

Loc: Atlanta, GA
GC = Gold Crown store exclusive

#265696 - 07/15/14 07:17 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: Qwackertoo]
goldcrownfan Offline

I came home with the white roller skates after seeing them in person. Those pink wheels and purple pom poms brought back a lot of good memories.

We could go to the skating rink on Saturday mornings at 10am to noon for 50 cents. I eventually even learned how to skate backwards. smile

#265698 - 07/15/14 07:20 PM Re: Unexpected Spur of the Moment Purchase? [Re: phoenix]
goldcrownfan Offline

from a previous post: I picked up Strolling in the Snow by Patricia Andrews. Loved the gentle look of the sculpt and the gold and cream tones are just beautiful.

I agree. The understated cream colors are stunning on this ornament.

Edited by goldcrownfan (07/15/14 07:21 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator