YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1538 Members
15 Forums
26361 Topics
325818 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#265789 - 07/16/14 06:26 PM Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!!
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
I'm so...upset. A Hallmark store I go to for all the Hallmark Events is closing. frown They are closing July 27th. They are packing up the ornaments and sending them to other stores. I feel bad for the people who put in their Wish Lists and lay-a-ways there. You would think they would have decided to do this before Premiere. What is happening to Hallmark?

#265790 - 07/16/14 06:35 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
I agree it is a shame when a store closes. And frustrating. But, the world changes every day so another may come soon.

#265795 - 07/16/14 07:05 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
I think Hallmark makes it more difficult for the independent stores to keep going.

#265803 - 07/16/14 10:42 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
redsea Offline
Elf

Hi Emma, I'm sorry to hear that. frown I hope you find another store you like, good luck....I will keep my fingers crossed for you! laugh

#265825 - 07/17/14 09:44 AM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
Mary Lynn Offline
Elf Manager

My new "old" store changed hands just prior to Debut. It was a forced sale by Hallmark, and I'm thinking the old owner was trying to hold on long enough to reap that extra income - but the "new" owners pushed it through. The "old" store was a Winslow's - and the service was incredible!! I hope you have better luck with your "New" store than we have had...

#265876 - 07/17/14 06:22 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Mary Lynn]
nytezero Offline
Elf

Mary Lynn,

I also used to go to a Winslows store and I agree -- they were amazing! The staff went out of their way to help me each year. We used to receive Christmas cards signed by the staff, and they even sent one when my son was born. The staff was so awesome during ornament season that I used to bring them Starbucks Gifts Cards at the end of the season as a "thank you". It is the only store I've ever rewarded like that. They went out of business, really unexpectedly, a few years ago. It was disappointing.

#265878 - 07/17/14 07:00 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: nytezero]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: nytezero
Mary Lynn,

I also used to go to a Winslows store and I agree -- they were amazing! The staff went out of their way to help me each year. We used to receive Christmas cards signed by the staff, and they even sent one when my son was born. The staff was so awesome during ornament season that I used to bring them Starbucks Gifts Cards at the end of the season as a "thank you". It is the only store I've ever rewarded like that. They went out of business, really unexpectedly, a few years ago. It was disappointing.

WOW that is GREAT!!! Says a whole lot right there . . . great idea but at this very moment, I can't think of a store or employee I would feel that compelled to do this for. I'll definitely keep this in mind though! Especially that they sent you a card when your son was born . . . one of our old chain stores let me return a Baby's First Christmas when she didn't show up until early January but they sure didn't send me a card and I asked permission when I bought the ornament IF I could return it IF necessary . . . and they said no problem! haha smile

#265917 - 07/18/14 12:16 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho

Originally Posted By: Emma
I'm so...upset. A Hallmark store I go to for all the Hallmark Events is closing. frown They are closing July 27th. They are packing up the ornaments and sending them to other stores. I feel bad for the people who put in their Wish Lists and lay-a-ways there. You would think they would have decided to do this before Premiere. What is happening to Hallmark?

This is sad news. Good people there. I wish them well...

#265918 - 07/18/14 12:24 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Emma]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
I just sent you a PM before I saw your post.

#265930 - 07/18/14 06:57 PM Re: Another Hallmark Bites the Dust!!!!! [Re: Mary Lynn]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Our store is independent and they send Birthday and Christmas cards to all of us. They have been great about loses in the family and everything and I would hate to lose them.

Moderator:  Moderator