YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26152 Topics
323375 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#270067 - 10/13/14 05:41 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
It's my first time posting here but I have been collecting for a few years. Just wanted to let y'all know that the Simba ornament is finally up, I'm still waiting for the Sword and the Stone one to place my order.

#270069 - 10/13/14 06:13 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Waiting for Sword in the Stone too, as well as a sale. Nice to meet you, DDCakes! smile

Ugh. I was sure that Flowers and Trees would be up today. It's supposed to be up for sale on Disney Store UK tomorrow, and last month, Steamboat Willie was up 1 day before Disney Store UK had it. I really want that Flowers and Trees ornament. It looks gorgeous!

They added Hiro & Baymax. I'll be buying that one for sure, but I'm tired of how incredibly sloooow they're being this year. So far, my #1 is Sword in the Stone, then Hiro & Baymax, then Bath Day, 101 Dalmatians (has Lucky), and Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit.

Hiro and Baymax:
http://www.disneystore.com/hiro-and-baymax-mech-sketchbook-ornament-big-hero-6/mp/1359887/1000344/

Olaf's back in stock as well. So is the singing Elsa ornament

I got the Elsa singing ornament as well as the Rapunzel one (took over a week before they actually shipped them, slowest shipped order I've ever had from the Disney Store). Important to note, they do not play the melody, just the vocals. I should have figured that because the previews on the singing dolls are just the isolated vocals. I'm thinking it's more "realistic" in their minds because the characters wouldn't have musical accompaniment in real life (granted they wouldn't be able to shoot ice out of their hands or have hair that heals people).

Rapunzel's ornament actually plays 2 clips of the song. Both are nice, but the paint details aren't as good as what Hallmark does. Being that the characters are smaller than typical Sketchbook ornaments because they're surrounded by big structures makes the lack of details a bit more noticeable. The sound quality is quite good though. I feel like Hallmark will one day do "Let It Go." But, they may never do "When Will My Life Begin," so I'm happy to have them.

#270096 - 10/13/14 04:24 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Maybe they are trying to catch up on shipping? Maybe. So S-L-O-W this year. I'm waiting on an order from 10-1 AND from 10-7. 10-1 has the singing Elsa and beach scene Olaf and a Alice Tea Cup and Saucer . . . 10-7 has the Sketchbook Anna & Elsa . . . and a PIXAR Calendar . . . also had the regular Disney calendar in cart but it sold out before I could checkout. Whereas with my 1st 12 month ornament I got it almost the next day or day after that . . . 2nd in 12 month was maybe 3 days until received . . . but these two orders are S-L-O-W going!!!

Maybe Flower & Trees tomorrow? I'm going broke with all the shipping!!!

#270137 - 10/14/14 06:17 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

True to their word, Disney Store UK has Flowers and Trees. What does Disney Store US have? Nothing. Grr...

I can only hope that maybe when it finally shows up, they'll have the Sketchbook ornaments all up and have the same sale from last year ($10 each for two or more).

I wish Disney Store US would give release dates for these limited pieces. Third month of them, and now, there's no predictable pattern to their release. First was late August, second was mid-September. Maybe this one will be tomorrow. Or, it's possible, I guess that it'll be the third Monday of the month. It was on the third Monday last month.

Disney Store UK will have Snow White up on November 11th: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-walt-disney-ornament-collection/mn/1505501/

At least they have the picture up, so we can see it. Ironic that Disney Store UK gives release dates considering they still haven't sold out of the August or September Moments that Made Disney ornaments. Disney Store US sold out of them within a week. They even still have the Art of Aurora ornament set that sold out in the US in less than one day.

I hate to sound bratty or whiny here, but they're usually so on the ball with the ornaments that I'm just frustrated. And even though I've been able to catch the limited edition pieces the day they come out, with only 1000 pieces each (obviously less than 1000 since UK is selling them too), I'm anxious that I'll miss them somehow. Some, I wouldn't mind missing as much as others, but Flowers and Trees looks lovely, and it's one of my top picks in the series. Snow White's ornament is my #1 pick.

My slow shipping order was the one with the singing Elsa ornament. Purchased on September 26th, finally shipped on October 4th and arrived on October 6th. Hopefully you'll get your orders soon, Deanna.

#270164 - 10/14/14 08:52 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
They must be catching up on shipping. Received both 10/1 and 10/7 order today. Nicely done!

#270170 - 10/14/14 09:43 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
Heading to the Disney Store this weekend. I'm hoping they have all of the ornaments that I want. They had them at this time last year. If not, I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

#270193 - 10/15/14 01:42 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I'm regretting waiting so long, Marry Poppins and the online exclusive Blue Aurora ornament appear to be sold out. Do you think there will be a restock or do I have to resort to ebay for the Aurora?

#270212 - 10/15/14 07:22 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Also, did anyone see this Rescuers ornament on Disney Store UK?
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-rescuers-decoration/mp/74072/1500055/

#270213 - 10/15/14 08:09 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Aww! Cute! Wish Disney Store would just update already.

If it helps, Singing Elsa ornament's sold out at least 4 separate times, so the blue Aurora and Mary Poppins may come back. I think last year, the online exclusive red Tinker Bell sold out once and came back again.

I'm thinking the Disney Store stores don't have full shipments of ornaments yet. Because the Simba ornament and Hiro/Bay Max ornament have not shown up on ebay. They've been on the website for a couple of days, so logically, if they were in the stores by now, there would probably be at least one of each on ebay.

That is the thing that gives me hope that the Sword in the Stone will show up. My way of looking up the ornaments not up doesn't work because they're uploading the pictures the day they update instead of before the update.

I have started making a folder on my computer with Disney Store sketchbook ornament images. This website was a big help:
http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/

You can choose Christmas and then go by the movies to see various ornaments for them. It'll tell you who makes them too.

It's fun to look through them.

#270241 - 10/16/14 11:58 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Do they limit how many you are allowed to buy? Or could I try to get a group purchase going of several different people getting one or two each of the sketchbook?

#270246 - 10/17/14 06:11 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They limit the "Frozen" ornaments to 5 each. They limit the Moments that Made Disney ornaments to 2 each.

The Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each if you buy 2 or more with some exclusions. The personalization ornaments do not count for the sale (makes sense). And all "Frozen" ornaments do not count for the sale (cause they can do that).

Naturally, the singing Rapunzel ornament counts for the sale. Drat. Thought it wouldn't since it's $4 more than the regular ones. Oh well.

And still no Flowers and Trees or Sword in the Stone. Maybe on Monday...

#270292 - 10/19/14 05:35 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Went to the Disney Store today and picked up fourteen of the Sketchbook ornaments. Picked up:

Mickey Mouse The Band Concert
Minnie Mouse and Figaro
Two Chips and a Miss
Rapunzel Singing
Pascal
Oswald
Dumbo
101 Dalmatians
Timon
Alice and Cheshire Cat
Mary Poppins
Olaf
Elsa Singing Ornament
Mr. Duck Steps Out

They had lots and lots of the Frozen ornaments.

I might go back and get some more in a couple of weeks when they get the rest of the ornaments.

#270349 - 10/21/14 04:36 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

This one's cute too:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/toy-story-decoration/mp/74174/1500055/

I'm officially jealous of European Disney Store ornaments...

Maybe it'll show up on US Disney Store soon...

#270372 - 10/21/14 10:26 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

They had that Toy Story ornament at the Disney Store I went to this past weekend. I specifically remember it because the person I was with liked it a lot and asked me if I was going to buy it. I passed on it because I have so many Buzz and Woody ornaments. She liked it so much but she didn't buy it either!

#270391 - 10/22/14 05:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

You're officially giving me hope now that the Sword in the Stone ornament will show up.

Surely by November...

I guess they're trying to avoid the Christmas creep and are just waiting until after Halloween at this point?

#270530 - 10/27/14 04:18 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
We ordered Anna and Elsa thru the website since I didn't want to take a chance of missing them, if they never came into the store. We tried doing it thru the store one day, but when she checked, they were sold out again, so we tried the next day from home, they were back in stock and they came Friday morning.

Since we had other errands and I wanted to see what the store had for the $10 each sale, we stopped in on Saturday. I was VERY happy to get the singing Rapunzel (like Elsa, the acapella vocal is great!) and the Dalmatian window scene orn, with no broken pieces (Mary Poppins had a leg missing, 2 Rapunzels were missing fingers or feet). The cast member remarked on the fact we got the singing Rapunzel for only $10!

Then in the Frozen section, they had lots of Olaf beach orns, a couple of each girl and a couple of the singing Elsa. That was frustrating, since we already ordered the others, but it was better to have them for sure.

At the end, we ordered the Alice and Cheshire Cat orn, the Pascal in the dress and the 50th Anniversary Mary Poppins thru the store, so we could get free p&h. I asked about the Broadway Aladdin and Mary Poppins orns, but he said they were full price.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#270541 - 10/27/14 07:38 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Babsaroo Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

FYI, the Friends and Family 25% off sale at the Disney Store starts on Nov. 7. Great time to pick up more sketchbook ornaments!

#270560 - 10/28/14 06:17 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Babsaroo]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
When we were paying for our orns, the CM gave us a couple of these coupons and told us it would be the only way to get into the sale in the store that day!

We'll see if they have anything in the store I want then. We have another D23 Club event coming up before Christmas and they may have more in that store then, than our very small Disney Store.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#271348 - 11/07/14 03:55 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Disney Store Friends & Family offer is now through Tuesday. 25% off order with Disneypal code at checkout.

Printable coupon for in stores:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025701/

I hope that the Snow White Moments That Made Disney ornament shows up on Monday or Tuesday. The UK site is supposed to debut it on 11/11, so maybe the US site will too.

Edit: Yeah...that was too much to hope for. Naturally the US site has not put Snow White up for sale (that 25% off sure would have been nice). And the UK site has (just like it advertised). The UK site even gives the date for the December release as December 9th. Why can't the US site give dates? Is it because they're afraid it'll sell out faster if they do? And I'm guessing there is no hope for the Sword in the Stone ornament. *sighs* The UK sellers on ebay are asking way too much for it (at least 2 and a half the Disney Store price which is insane because US sellers are only asking a little above original price for most of the non-sold out Sketchbook 2014 ornaments). Hopefully it'll be leftover after Christmas in the UK and it'll be available for cheaper on ebay as a result. Really stinks that the UK got three ornaments that the US didn't get. I hope they put them in the line for us next year.

#271641 - 11/11/14 10:54 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
How much do you wanna bet the ornament shows up tomorrow when the 25% off is over?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator