YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (strawberry1124, jesssingle), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26204 Topics
323947 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#271646 - 11/11/14 11:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Maybe not tomorrow . . . but definitely when 25% is over.

I have a few things I want to order . . . might order tonight . . . probably more savings than waiting to get to 75.00 for free shipping when November ornament is available.

Oh well. Over the years . . . I've gotten SUPER FANTASTIC deals on large and heavy items . . . and *FREE* shipping so I won't hold it against them . . . last month I managed 75.00 order but won't be doing that every month to be sure!

#271672 - 11/11/14 06:54 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I decided to go ahead with the deal and buy 2 ornaments I was on the fence about. The Jasmine ornament (best of the frilly princesses this year in my opinion) and Donald/Daisy ornament. I also bought the Pocahontas animator doll because I really like that doll (it'll be my fifth animator doll...granted, three of them were totally free from DMR), and I bought some toys for Toys for Tots to bump it up too $75 since I buy a lot for Toys for Tots every year. They've got good deals on buying multiples, and the Disney toys tend to be nicer looking than the ones you find in regular stores.

I'm being really, really good and avoiding the Mickey's Christmas Carol vinylmations. It was tough...I had some in my bag, I'll admit it. But, I still don't care for the look of the Mickey sculpt in vinylmations and prefer Funko Mystery Minis. I don't want to start any other collections...

Still wish that Snow White's Moments That Made Disney ornament had been available.

#271697 - 11/12/14 01:04 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I bought several ornaments at the Disney store today and while at the register lamented I had purchased several early at a much higher price online. The very nice cast member told me that if I had saved my packing receipt, I could bring the ornaments to the store and get a full credit for them. Wow. So I bought another of the ones I thought I bought online (working off my old memory) and plan to take them back at the online price sometime next week. Down to $10 each and then an additional 25% off - too good of a deal, so I really stocked up on several different designs.
I also found the Frozen ornaments while there. They aren't included in the $10 sale, so they were in a completely different section of the store. Picked up Singing Elsa, Olaf at the beach, and a frou frou Elsa and Anna. I appreciated the 25% off discount on all of those, although honestly it looks like the frou frou ones should be on the sale rack as they had lots of them.

#271701 - 11/12/14 06:58 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Loc: Texas
I spent far too much at Disney during the sale, but at least I am up to date with my Frozen, Sleeping Beauty, doll, ornament, and plush collections. I went ahead and picked up another 21 ornaments in total, which is way too much. LOL At this point, I plan to display the more figure like ones in a case year round so that's how I justify it to myself. I picked up the good fairies show ornament, singing Elsa, Olaf, princess dress Elsa, princess dress Anna, princess dress Merida, Alice with Cheshire Cat, Pinocchio, Tink light up, singing Rapunzel, Marry Poppins, Lion King, Mickey shopping bag, Jack, Sally, Dumbo, Chipmunks, Pascal, Mike and Sully, Timon, and Hiro and Baymax. I'm going to have to get those Rescuers and Sword in the Stone ornaments somehow.

#271702 - 11/12/14 07:36 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Now the Sketchbook ornaments are $8 each if you buy 2 or more. Excluding the personalization ones and this glass one:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...363050/1000344/

When did that one show up? The UK site has several like that. Probably slipped in one day after a Frozen ornament sold out. Some others have sold out too like Mary Poppins, Lion King, Baymax and Hiro (really wasn't expecting that one to sell out this early...I'm guessing the movie's release helped its sales), and Frozen ornaments (of course).

Still no Snow White from Moments That Made Disney. I'm guessing that ornament won't be available until either Monday or Tuesday.

#271734 - 11/13/14 09:11 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow - that is a great price for these. I was going to be grouchy about buying so many before the price drop until I realized that they were less (mostly $7.50 each) when priced at the 2 for $10 and an additional 25% off on Tuesday.

I'm getting itchy about the Sword in the Stone ornament. Release it already!

Luckdragon, there were several glass ornaments in the store, but I didn't look at them closely.

As far as the online sell outs, some of them are still readily available in the stores. For instance, I saw lots of the Mary Poppins on Tuesday. If anybody is looking for one in particular lmk and I'll see about picking them up for you. (Cost plus shipping; need to buy two to get the sale price.)

We saw Big Hero 6 last Friday night and enjoyed the movie. I bought two of the BH6 Disney Sketchbook ornaments and there were not many left on the sale rack after that, but there were a few. I think the limited items for this movie will be very popular. I'm not surprised it sold out online.

I like the Hallmark version sold at Target better, but they only had one. I need to go check a few more Target stores for it (to get one for each boy). They don't have them online. The Disney Sketchbook ornament is in fighting mode wearing bright red armor, but the Target ornament is just the regular Baymax as the big white inflatable robot. That is the look he sports through most of the movie (and is kind of adorable) so I prefer it.

#271745 - 11/13/14 12:21 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw that Hallmark version of Baymax at Target too and was wondering why they didn't use that character for a Keepsake ornament. Maybe next year.

My review about the Disney Store Baymax and Hiro ornament commented on wishing he wasn't in the red armor. I'm still happy to have the Disney Store ornament since it had both characters.

#271979 - 11/17/14 01:09 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White is up today.

#271997 - 11/17/14 07:38 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, Deana. I searched for the Disney Parks tote that was mentioned previously, but couldn't find it. I bought a $5.95 DP air freshener to get free shipping, so effectively am paying $5.95 shipping, which is better than $7.95.

#271999 - 11/17/14 08:12 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Thanks, Deana. I searched for the Disney Parks tote that was mentioned previously, but couldn't find it. I bought a $5.95 DP air freshener to get free shipping, so effectively am paying $5.95 shipping, which is better than $7.95.

Yeah, they don't have the Disney Parks exclusive totes anymore. Figures, huh?

That's interesting that your shipping is usually $7.95. Mine's $4.95 for this ornament.

I ended up getting some of my Friends and Family shipment today, including the Donald and Daisy ornament. The sculpt's good, but the flocking's not as thick as the Oswald one. Would have been better without the flocking.

I also got the 2009 Blue Fairy Sketchbook ornament in the mail today. I bought it from this seller, and it's a really good price. She has multiples. Mine was NRFB:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pinocchio...=item1e94b32ad7

It was one of the ornaments I've been admiring from the Sketchbook line. I've got over 300 pictures of the Sketchbook ornaments saved on my computer from searching the Internet. I believe they started in 2007. Maybe one day, I'll upload them into an album.

A seller in the UK and another in Japan are selling the Sword in the Stone ornament, but the price with shipping is too high for my taste. The shipping doesn't bug me much because it's overseas, but the price gouging on an ornament that hasn't sold out is annoying. I'm still hoping as it gets into December, more sellers from overseas will have some on ebay at more reasonable prices. It's annoying that the US didn't receive this ornament, but Europe and Asia did.

#272000 - 11/17/14 08:18 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Diana, Next time try searching on re-usable tote.

I almost forgot . . . was rushing out the door to a dentist appointment so I just slapped a quick order together but did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

IF you find yourself near a Kohl's . .. the Christmas CD this year is Disney . . . last two years it has been Trans Siberian Orchestra . . . and a nice little cookbook and some Disney plush . .. Dumbo is the cutest of them all . . . I had bought it for Sarah as a surprise for her and she found it as I hadn't hid it before she came home for Fall Break . . . so I said SURPRISE . . . so Dumbo has already moved to Auburn, Very Nice for 5.00 . . . so the Pillow Pal Dumbo will be for her bed here at home. She has a Rex from our last trip . . . grown college kids in the band, mostly/only girls of course . . . take some sort of critter with them on the overnight band trips for use on the bus . . . everyone LOVES Rex when they see him . . . we had people at the airport, mostly little boys . .. pointing and telling their Momma's "I want one" on our trip home from Orlando. Sorry for the rambling.

Last month . . . while cleaning out my storage room, I found the movie poster for Toy Story 2 . . . The Toys Are Back . . . but such and odd size, like 26" x 38" . . . I took it and had it framed . . . and plan to get it hung above Sarah's bed before she comes home for Thanksgiving! Love it. It has "most" of them . .. Buzz, Woody, Bullseye, Jesse, The Potato Heads Mr. & Mrs., Rex, Bo Peep . . . even Stinky Pete and Hamm . . . I've re-done her room and I think she will like this much better than the Thomas Kincade looking Gazebo print I have up there now. haha More Rambling.

Anybody remember what December monthly ornament will feature? I've forgotten.

And YAY I picked up my Amazing Grace Piano today, called yesterday as I forgot to get it on Friday and they still had some. I'm running out of ornaments to buy for the treasure chest promo.

#272001 - 11/17/14 08:23 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Anybody remember what December monthly ornament will feature? I've forgotten.

It's for the Disney Studios opening in Burbank:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/

To me, it's the most boring in the bunch. The significance, I understand. It just isn't super exciting. Unlike the Snow White one!

#272002 - 11/17/14 08:27 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm probably less impressed with the Treasure Island one than this Burbank Studios but will wait until I see it in person for final judgement. Can't wait for Snow White to arrive. I should have stayed up until midnight last night to order but I got it so I'm happy!

#272010 - 11/17/14 09:37 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
That's interesting that your shipping is usually $7.95. Mine's $4.95 for this ornament.

I was ordering two, and that was $7.95 shipping.

Diana, Next time try searching on re-usable tote.

I did search the totes and liked the Star Wars one, but they aren't listed under Parks and it had to be a parks item to get free shipping.
Oh well, I might use it to bump up a purchase in January (have to get that one... my namesake lol) to fill the cart enough to quality for free shipping, assuming that is still available at $75. Is that a standard policy?

did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

I'm not familiar with that code. What are the specs on that one?

#272016 - 11/18/14 04:59 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White sold out! That's the fastest sell out of the series so far.

I'm interested in the "Treasure Island" one because of my Disney character ornament obsession. Long John Silver counts to me. wink

Posting the link anyway. I like to review them, even if they sell out before I can:
http://www.disneystore.com/snow-white-an...364378/1000344/

#272019 - 11/18/14 08:52 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow, that was fast. Out of curiosity, I checked last night around 8 or 9 p.m. and it was still available.

#272020 - 11/18/14 08:56 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*

did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

I'm not familiar with that code. What are the specs on that one?

Disney Rewards Visa Card by Chase. AmEX is my "go to" card but I've earned probably well over 1,000.00 with this card over the last 10+ years when places don't accept AmEX . . . used "rewards" once to pay for our stay @ Animal Kingdom . . . plus the 10% discount is nice on Disney orders. I think it use to be 15%.

#272021 - 11/18/14 10:06 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Wow. I almost missed it. I ordered it about 8 last night.

#272023 - 11/18/14 11:04 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad you got yours, Mark!

Thanks for the info, Deana. I have the Disney visa but would only use it for Disney online shopping. I haven't used it in awhile, and it expired, but they just sent me a new one and I was like, oh, do I still have this card?

Is it always a discount on Disney purchases, or only a random promo offer? Ditto the free shipping... always if you use the Disney Visa - or do you need to reach a certain $ amount or ??? Can you enter more than one promo code on a purchase?

#272025 - 11/18/14 11:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Dang it - I really wish they would have these listed at the same time each month. I have gotten all of them thus far and was not able to get this one. Sigh.

Angela

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator