YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
3 registered (beaglebabes, 2 invisible), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26204 Topics
323947 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#267221 - 08/16/14 10:11 PM 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Okay, so last year, the last Tuesday of August was when the first Sketchbook ornaments premiered on the Disney Store website. Trust me, I've been watching daily, and I've noticed Tuesday is kind of a day they pop new stuff up. I'll alert when Sketchbook ornaments show up.

Like last year, while we wait, anyone have any hopes/wishes for certain characters and/or scenes?

My top 10 character hopes (limiting myself to one per movie). In order:
1. Tarzan from "Tarzan"
2. Vanellope from "Wreck-It Ralph"
3. Captain Li Shang from "Mulan"
4. Prince Adam from "Beauty and the Beast"
5. Trusty from "Lady and the Tramp"
6. Kristoff from "Frozen"
7. Fairy Godmother from "Cinderella"
8. Merlin from "The Sword and the Stone"
9. Oliver from "Oliver and Company"
10. Robin Hood from "Robin Hood"

That's just the tip of the iceberg for what I'd like to see. For my wallet's sake though...it'd be better not to see that many. wink Doubtful they'll be there. Only got 2 from last year's list. The top 5 are from my personal top 5 favorite Disney movies (not in official order, I just have nothing from "Tarzan" and "Wreck-It Ralph" and only one character from "Mulan," so those take priority...move 4 and 5 above 1-3, and they're in order).

Throw me a bone with "Tarzan," Disney, will you?

#267237 - 08/17/14 09:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm hoping they do a Robin Hood ornament. I would be happy with just that. Ah, whatever. I pick them all up no matter what they are. I'm just happy when they do a couple of obscure characters. I guess I shouldn't say obscure. More like 'less desirable to the masses' characters like last year's "Rescuers" and Casey Junior ornaments. Those are the kind of ornaments I like.

#267238 - 08/17/14 09:39 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

And, like you Luckdragon, I've been checking everyday. I have a Disney Store just a few miles from my house so, when they become available, I'll head there and pick them up.

#267370 - 08/20/14 12:22 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
All of those sound good to me. I must admit I have so many gaps I'll take just about anything. Of course, we'll probably get the usual suspects again, but I hope we get some new characters.

#267493 - 08/25/14 06:04 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They're up (well, some of them):
http://www.disneystore.com/sketchbook-or...romSearch=10002
-Limited edition Sketchbook ornament of Walt Disney (costs more, 1000 pieces)
-new frilly princess ornaments, same sculpts as before but fabric skirts with glitter detail instead of tulle (Merida has been added to frilly princesses) Aurora in blue is a .com exclusive (you can get her in pink too)
-Mary Poppins 50th anniversary
-Pascal modeling Rapunzel's little dress
-Alice and Cheshire Cat
-Doc McStuffins and Lambie
-Jake and the Neverland Pirates
-singing Rapunzel ornament (costs more)
-lots of ornaments based on classic Disney cartoon shorts
-some repeats

Definitely isn't all since "Frozen" isn't up, and it's highly doubtful they won't do a "Frozen" Sketchbook ornament.

If you want that Walt Disney ornament, BUY IT TODAY! It is the start of a limited release 12 month collection that starts now. You can learn about the collection here:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/
I will be obsessively stalking for that Snow White ornament. I also want the Flowers and Trees one, Fantasia, Saludos Amigos, and Treasure Island. Man, this is going to be expensive (shipping and all). They're playing on my obsession with the stuff you can't find elsewhere. That Snow White ornament, out of all of them, shall be mine. I already ordered the August one (Walt).

Besides those, the ones I like so far are Minnie Mouse and Figaro Bath Day and Donald and Daisy Duck Mr. Duck Steps Out. I can see in the banner that they have one that's not shown yet. It's a Goofy one, presumably based on a cartoon. Can't place it though (I'm not good at the Shorts' names).

I tried snooping based on their image names, but they haven't uploaded anything else yet. Maybe next month.

#267502 - 08/25/14 10:00 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Those limited release ornaments look great. Not sure if I can resist.

They are on-line exclusives, right? Not sold in stores?

#267503 - 08/25/14 10:29 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: carstairs38]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Thanks Amanda!!!! Now I just have to get the other 11 in a timely manner. smile

#267517 - 08/25/14 03:03 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Oh wow - thanks for posting this. I also received an email indicating that the sketchbook ornaments were starting to show up. I just had to buy a few of the princesses and I really love the Walt Disney series so I bought the first one today. I am going to see how they look in one of the Mickey Mouse display sets I bought. I bought a few of these at Premier so I also am going to use one to display the princesses. It's going to be a very Merry Christmas (and my wallet may not be thanking me). :-)

#267518 - 08/25/14 03:49 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: carstairs38]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Those limited release ornaments look great. Not sure if I can resist.

They are on-line exclusives, right? Not sold in stores?

Yes, they are online exclusives. It says so in a blue circle at the top of this page: http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/
It's probably too hard to allocate such a low number to retail stores and to sell Christmas ornaments year-round in stores that typically don't.

Oh, and I checked, and Disney Store UK is selling it. Check out the link because it shows the box it comes in:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/walt-disney-in-los-angeles-figurine/mp/73624/1000202/

I'm starting to wonder if I can resist all 12...June's looks so much like one of Hallmark's though... Granted, not as much as the Brave Little Tailor Sketchbook ornament looks like the one Hallmark did a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Thanks Amanda!!!! Now I just have to get the other 11 in a timely manner. smile

I think once the September one shows up, we'll all figure out the pattern. I'm more than willing to check online everyday for them. I really love the concept of this series and would not be opposed to another monthly series next year commemorating something else (maybe go past Walt and call it a Legacy series because it's built on his name or something).

That Flowers and Trees ornament looks stunning in the picture! My eyes went to that before I even noticed that Snow White ornament I've wanted for years.

I also like that (aside from the princesses) they've made some really risky, bold choices for the other Sketchbook ornaments. Basing them on cartoon shorts is a really interesting move.

#267538 - 08/25/14 10:31 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
These look terrific and I really, really like them. But OUCH. I can't really afford these right now, and since they are only doing one a month then you can't really bundle with other purchases to get the free shipping (although I did it just now for the first Walt ornament... picked up a t-shirt for Mark for Christmas and a few other items). Had to have this first one - I've done an all-Disney tree before but Walt wasn't on it anywhere. Nice to include him.
I definitely want Saludas Amigos (reminds me of the ride in Epcot), and Flowers and Trees. Would be nice to have a Treasure Island representation, but I'm not fond of the concept art for that one.

#267556 - 08/26/14 08:53 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yes, would be nice IF we could manage a group buy each month and then re-distribute quarterly or something to pass on savings on shipping BUT with the limit of 2 per guest . . . that sure won't work.

I even did an online chat, which was a waste of time, yesterday with a cast member asking IF they would make a pre-order available so I could insure that I could acquire all 12. Nope, not that she knew of. Then told to keep checking back for each one. Asked IF perhaps do they update their products at midnight or just any time any day . . . Yep, anytime any day so maybe I will maybe I won't but I'll try and appreciate luckdragon's posting on it for this first one!!!

It would be fun IF these 12 manage to fit in the spaces on the Hallmark Mickey displayer! I'll have to peek today to see IF future releases included dimensions.

#267566 - 08/26/14 11:18 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

You can occasionally catch a free shipping offer if you buy a Parks Authentic product and can save a couple of bucks on shipping that way (in the past, they've had Parks Authentic reusable totes that cost $2.95). Shipping on the ornament is $4.95.

Considering someone's already listed 2 of them on ebay for $45.95, I'll gladly pay the shipping. ebay, under Handling time has it as this: "The seller has specified an extended handling time for this item." No kidding. It's because they don't have them yet. Seller's got some guts. I'd be afraid to sell something I don't have in my hands yet. You never know if the package from Disney will get lost or ruined. If they did regular shipping like I did, it's going to take a bit for them to actually ship them (I noticed that with the Aurora set, it took a while before they shipped and my card was charged twice while the order was pending). Why not just wait until you have them to sell them?

Personally, I'm hoping that they'll have all of the Sketchbook ornaments up by October and am hoping to be able to order Flowers and Trees with my Sketchbook choices to get the free shipping. I'm also hoping that the Friends & Family discount promo will overlap one of them. That'll discount enough to cover shipping. Disney Movie Rewards gave a $5 .com discount coupon a couple of years ago in December I think. That covers shipping. I think Friends and Family happens in the spring too, so hopefully we'll all get little discounts throughout.

I also don't believe they (Disney Store) add products any time of day. I've never seen them add anything on weekends, and everything new seems to be added overnight. Usually on Tuesdays, so I was surprised to see stuff pop up on Monday. When September's comes out, we'll figure it out. If it's near the end of the month like this one, then it'll be the end of the month. I think they'll probably put them out nearer to the beginning of the month.

#267639 - 08/27/14 08:27 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Received my ornament today! Fast shipping. Very nicely done. Not too heavy at all. Reminds me of the bronze look figurines of "Walt & Mickey". Very nicely packaged too.

Looking forward to future additions in this series.

#267643 - 08/27/14 11:32 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

I'd forgotten all about this topic and then found it again this morning. I've got a copy of the ornament coming my way. Knowing me, I'll probably go for the entire series, but there are a couple I'm thinking of passing, at least at the moment.

#267650 - 08/28/14 09:22 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
When September's comes out, we'll figure it out. If it's near the end of the month like this one, then it'll be the end of the month. I think they'll probably put them out nearer to the beginning of the month.

I tried dinking around with the "code"for awhile on Monday trying to see future item numbers for the other months and couldn't figure out their item numbering or html code for any future releases. I didn't try for very long and it maybe not even be in the system yet . . . but I will try again when I'm feeling patient enough. wink

And yes, there are a few designs out of the 12 I'd consider not buying . . . and I'm no longer buying "all" of any Hallmark series as I've broken free from that . . . so time shall tell on this series. Like you, I really want that Snow White!!!

#267653 - 08/28/14 10:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I should be receiving my ornaments today, including Walt Disney. I am also buying the princesses as they are very pretty. :-) And of course Tigger! I can't wait to see what other Sketchbook ornaments will be available.

Angela

#267670 - 08/28/14 10:59 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Saw these the other day. I am kind of disappointed in this initial crop of ornaments but I understand princesses sell so they have to go with what makes money. I will pick up "Two Chips and a Miss," one of my favorite Disney shorts. I also pick up the Mary Poppins and Alice with Cheshire Cat. Might get the Minnie Mouse and Figaro just for Figaro. Have to think about that one since I already have a couple of Figaro ornaments. Isn't that the Pocahontas ornament from last year?

#267689 - 08/29/14 10:15 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Pocahontas is from last year. So is Gus and Jaq, Tigger and Eeyore, and Lady and the Tramp. Maybe the Mickey balloon is too, but something looks different about it...

The princesses (except for Merida) are from a couple of years ago, just glitterized with fabric skirts instead of tulle.

Got my Walt Disney ornament today! I'm very pleased with it. The ornament is actually lightweight, unlike the usual heavy resin. I'm guessing the sculpt is the reason and others will be heavy. The box is adorable!

I'm still debating Steamboat Willie. They have a cheaper ornament of him that I like better, if I wanted one. Plus their description is wrong. Steamboat Willie was not Mickey's first appearance. It was the first cartoon synchronized to sound.

#267690 - 08/29/14 10:39 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Steamboat Willie was not the first Mickey short finished. However, it was the first one released. The other two were synched to sound after Steamboat Willie and released later.

So since Steamboat Willie was the first one that the general public saw, they are correct. Since it wasn't the first one made, you are correct.

(The above post has been brought to you by a DisNerd splitting hairs for another DisNerd.)

#267746 - 09/01/14 06:23 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I guess that makes sense, thanks Mark! smile

I went ahead and made a separate topic for Moments That Made Disney:
http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=267745

Hope everyone got Walt who wanted him. He's sold out in the US.

But, he's not sold out in the UK. And I thought for the heck of it, I'd try searching ornaments on the Disney Store UK site to see what showed up.

Maybe other Sketchbook ornaments? Hmm? They do mention Sketchbook in the description.
Dumbo: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/dumbo-decoration/mp/70577/1500055/
Nightmare Before Christmas: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-nightmare-before-christmas-jack-decoration/mp/70579/1500055/
Dusty*: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/planes-dusty-decoration/mp/70741/1500055/
Sofia the First*: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/sofia-and-minimus-personalised-decoration/mp/70739/1500055/
Winnie the Pooh and Piglet: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/winnie-the-pooh-and-piglet-decoration/mp/70599/1500055/

*Several Sketchbook ornaments on the UK site offer personalization, so I'm thinking if these are in the US, they won't have that option. Proof is here with the Rapunzel ornament: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/rapunzel-personalised-decoration/mp/70737/1500055/

I never thought to check the Disney Store UK site for these. Now I have a new site to hunt! Mwa ha ha!

#267818 - 09/05/14 06:14 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added more to the Sketchbook line today!

Not seeing anything that really jumps out. Maybe I'll buy the Jessica Rabbit/Roger Rabbit ornament this year...

I have the Lilo and Stitch ornament, and it's very cute, but very heavy.

The Nightmare Before Christmas ornament from my last post is there. wink

#267820 - 09/05/14 08:25 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks luck!

I see from these that I might be buying Jessica . . . skipped Lilo last year due to it being so heavy but might buy this year . . . not so sure about Monster's as I have the Hallmark similar one . . . and I bet that resin Disney version must be heavy too. I'll wait until the next limited release and maybe hit the "free" shipping $ requirement. smile

#267836 - 09/06/14 01:19 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Nice that Roger Rabbit is with Jessica. I really like that sculpt. Hope it looks good in person.

#267975 - 09/07/14 02:25 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

The Roger rabbit with Jessica looks like the one from last year. At least I think it does. If so, I really like it!

#268127 - 09/10/14 08:08 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Still not sure what I want to buy. I see there is only one Marvel ornament, hope that means there is more coming.

#268258 - 09/13/14 10:12 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Another sneak peak by total accident.

Went to Disney Store UK again and was reading reviews on some of the ornaments (the few that have them). The Tiana princess ornament had a review. When I clicked on it, the second picture had several of the frilly princesses.

Look who is second in the bottom row (second picture):
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/tiana-decoration/mp/70815/1500055/

Disney Store US is soooo slow this year updating. Last year, we had the whole line up on the site on the 16th (1 initial crop & 3 updates, we've only had the initial stock and 1 update so far). Maybe, just maybe, we'll have them all up on the 16th.

Repeats this year:
Jaq and Gus (at least the third year for them)
Pocahontas and Meeko
Spider-Man
Lilo & Stitch
Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit
Lady and the Tramp
Tigger and Eeyore

The frilly princesses, except for Aurora in blue and Merida are redos from 2012 with glitter accents and satiny skirts instead of tulle.

#268266 - 09/14/14 03:40 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

There is now a Winnie the Pooh with Piglet and both are sitting on a log. I don't remember that one from last year, so there is another ornament to buy. I hope they put the September ornament on sale soon as we are in the middle of September now. :-)

Angela

#268277 - 09/15/14 05:22 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Well, they added more up.

I'm surprised to see a couple of glass ornaments in there for the Sketchbook line.

Dusty is a repeat from last year.

If you have Dopey going up the stairs, you can now have Grumpy by himself. Maybe they're doing a little series of the dwarfs?

Nothing really jumps out at me, but they are still not done because that Goofy ornament in the banner is still not up (and neither is Anna that I found on Disney Store UK), so I'm hopeful.

The newest in the Moments That Made Disney series is up for purchase too. Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide.

#268283 - 09/15/14 11:50 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw several of the dwarfs on the UK site so maybe? I don't have Dopey so will wait and see on those.

I too, was surprised on the glass ones!

#268308 - 09/16/14 06:25 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added "personalized" ornaments. Just like the UK store.

Okay, I do not understand the "My 1st Christmas" ornament:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...363144/1000344/

This looks more like an "Our First Christmas" ornament, doesn't it?

Disney Store UK has another ornament we haven't seen on the US site:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-lion-king-20th-anniversary-decoration/mp/74060/1500055/
Simba looks a bit ticked off...

#268310 - 09/16/14 07:47 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Simba does NOT look happy!

#268493 - 09/20/14 12:38 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Yeah, kind of disappointed in this year's crop of Sketchbook ornaments so far. Only a couple that I really want. But, I guess that's a good thing. Saves me money!

#268506 - 09/20/14 02:27 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: MeowRalphMeow]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MeowRalphMeow
Yeah, kind of disappointed in this year's crop of Sketchbook ornaments so far. Only a couple that I really want. But, I guess that's a good thing. Saves me money!

You say that...and yet...look what showed up today on Disney Store UK:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-sword-in-the-stone-decoration/mp/74086/1500055/

Thank you Disney Store UK!

Others added to the UK Disney Store site that haven't arrived on the US site:
Thumper:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/thumper-on-ice-decoration/mp/74088/1500055/
Blade Ranger:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/planes-2-blade-ranger-decoration/mp/74272/1500055/
I've never seen "Planes" or the sequel, so I don't recognize the character.

Finally, an ornament to get excited over! The Sword in the Stone one is a must for me for sure!

#268510 - 09/20/14 04:34 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I also wasn't too thrilled with this years selection, but if they have the Sword in the stone one, I'll get it.

#268514 - 09/20/14 05:28 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

You say that...and yet...look what showed up today on Disney Store UK:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-sword-in-the-stone-decoration/mp/74086/1500055/

If that shows up in the US stores, I would get it. Still, that will only be about four ornaments I would get out of the bunch. Usually, I end up buying around sixteen or so.

Tired of princesses but I know that's what sells for them and they can't just cater to a few.

#268590 - 09/22/14 06:18 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They...are...so...slow...this...year...

Last year, the entire Sketchbook line was up on Monday September 16th with the sale already starting.

This year, they're still not done, and it's basically a week later than last year.

They added more today:
Band Concert Mickey (cute)
How to Fish Goofy (one from the background art)
Oswald
Tinker Bell stuck in the keyhole (Smiling? Really? She's suddenly happy about this?)
Blade (ornament already on Disney Store UK)
Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas)
and more personalization ornaments

And a set of 4 mask ornaments from "The Nightmare Before Christmas." These would work well for Halloween decorators:
http://www.disneystore.com/tim-burtons-t...359889/1000344/
Presentation reminds me of the "Frozen" set from last year.

Oh, and these are part of the 2014 Sketchbook line (via UK store). I overlooked them in the last post:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/tinker-bell-glass-decoration/mp/74254/1500055/
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-glass-decoration/mp/74270/1500055/

More will get here.

#268597 - 09/22/14 09:06 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Is Oswald different from last year's or the same?

#268608 - 09/22/14 03:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It's different. The one from before had a clapboard.

I may get Oswald this year. Depends on the rest of the ornaments. So far, I think:
Sword in the Stone
101 Dalmatians
Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit
Oswald
Rapunzel musical (kind of goes with the Disney song ornaments)

I like the Thumper one too.

I can't imagine they won't have a Frozen ornament. Disney Store UK will probably update tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have more.

#268634 - 09/23/14 01:12 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Sword in the Stone is a must for me.
Zach could not believe it when he pulled the Sword from the Stone at Disneyland many moons ago. He was genuinely thrilled. They really know how to pick the right age for participating in that show; he still believed in magic then. The cast members at the park turn the whole day into a special memory as they make little announcements and proclamations whenever they see a kid wearing the "I pulled the sword from the stone" medal.

#268655 - 09/23/14 12:11 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

What a great picture Diana!!! He looks so happy there!

#268657 - 09/23/14 12:48 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, Angela.
They called on a really big dad to try to pull the sword and he wasn't able. Zach was like, "See, even he can't do it. Nobody can do it." So then when Zach was "magically" able to pull up the sword he was so shocked, surprised, and just tickled pink. I'm so glad I was able to capture it on film.
His teacher that year was a big Disney fanatic, so Zach brought his proclamation, medal, and a couple of photos for show and tell. I think the teacher didn't want to let him home with the medal. LOL.

#268658 - 09/23/14 12:53 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Found one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Disney-Worl...=item41875eb869

The Disneyland certificate was very different. It was taller, but only brown ink on fake aged tan card stock - not full color, and it didn't have a lot of characters.

#268659 - 09/23/14 01:08 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
aloha Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
What a precious photo!

#268661 - 09/23/14 04:32 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

What a wonderful memory for you and Zach.

I want this ornament as well because Disney World has the sword in the stone that you take pictures while holding on to the sword. It was one of the first times my husband and I took before we were married and it definitely holds special memories. I really hope we get it here in the US. :-)

Angela

#268664 - 09/23/14 05:08 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: tiggerfan]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: tiggerfan
I really hope we get it here in the US. :-)

Angela

Should be in the US. The UK doesn't call them "sketchbook ornaments." They're called decorations, not ornaments. In the description line, it mentions that it is part of the 2014 Sketchbook Ornament Collection, so that indicates that it's a US thing too.

Just the slowness this year. Gah!

Nice picture, Diana! Had Zach seen "The Sword in the Stone" before pulling the sword?

#268776 - 09/25/14 09:12 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

I was really glad to see that they added the Oswald ornament. I've missed every opportunity to get one before.

#268785 - 09/26/14 06:29 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Okay, Disney Store's going to break me.

They did an Elsa ornament that sings "Let It Go." Add that to the Rapunzel ornament that sings "When Will My Life Begin?" and I'm in trouble if they start doing singing ornaments regularly.

Curses! Already bought it this morning:
http://www.disneystore.com/elsa-singing-sketchbook-ornament-frozen/mp/1359897/1000344/
I don't trust it to be there when I order Flowers and Trees.

Anyway...it wasn't just the singing ornament they added. They added the princessy ornament versions of Anna and Elsa.

As well as...
http://www.disneystore.com/olaf-sketchbook-ornament-frozen/mp/1359877/1000344/

Wish that had been Hallmark's sculpt.

#268797 - 09/26/14 11:49 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

and it is gone. I had to take son to doctor this a.m. and missed it. luck, IF you see it pop back in stock . . . give me a shout out! You were right on the money . . . I figured since the limited's were last 24+ hours I'd grab it and order when I got back home. frown Thanks!

#268799 - 09/26/14 12:50 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Elsa is there now, but Anna is gone. I want both of them!

Angela

#268800 - 09/26/14 12:56 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Dang - I wanted the singing one. The normal Elsa is still there, but Anna is sold out. Olaf is still available too. I really hope they pop back up again because I have been waiting for these to buy! I really hope I can get them!

Angela

#268805 - 09/26/14 03:42 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

All of them are showing up for me, including the singing one.

#268809 - 09/26/14 03:56 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I checked and the singing one was showing up but when I tried to add it to the cart, it said - ah phooey, that one is sold out, but it showed that I could add it to the cart. I'll keep trying.

Angela

#268811 - 09/26/14 04:17 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, now it's showing as Sold Out for me. So is the Anna ornament. Weird. It was on there as available.

#268826 - 09/26/14 10:50 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, man. I love that Olaf ornament. And I'm already getting the Hallmark Olaf.

#268839 - 09/27/14 04:59 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
What does she sing, "Please let it go, Argentina!!" ? It looks like she's Eva Peron addressing her people! smile

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#268852 - 09/27/14 01:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

And now both the singing Elsa and the Anna ornament are not showing up online anymore. Hopefully, they will show up again. I had the Elsa in my cart yesterday but before I could go and pay for it, it was removed because it had sold out. :-)

With the popularity of Frozen, I should have moved faster. :-)

Angela

#268901 - 09/28/14 02:04 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Woo hoo, I was able to pick up all the frozen ornaments at the Disney store. It was packed because they had just received a shipment of Elsa dresses and there were a lot of people wanting them. The ornaments were behind the counter and not with the rest of them. They had quite a few. I may try to stop by tomorrow to see if I can pick up any others. They are beautiful!

#268931 - 09/29/14 10:13 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

luck, I noticed the search on "sketchbook" went up today from 64 to 65 but for the life of me I can't figure out the "new addition".. . . went back looks like it is the Sketchbook Princess Ornament set for 129.95 . . . ten ornaments.

I did notice this weekend the Peter Pan one . . . hadn't noticed it last week . . . is that "new" this year or a repeat?

Edited by Qwackertoo (09/29/14 10:17 AM)
Edit Reason: found it

#268942 - 09/29/14 05:25 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Peter Pan's new and kind of complements the one from last year of him with Wendy (both on purple rocks in blue water). I found a website that has a lot of Sketchbook ornaments and found some old links on the Disney Store website, so I've been creating a folder of images of the Sketchbook line.

Yeah, the princess group of ten was added today. So slow, Disney. Maybe they're afraid of the Christmas creep...

#269122 - 10/03/14 01:31 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I still haven't placed my order. I've been waiting for the Sword in the Stone ornament to be available.

#270067 - 10/13/14 05:41 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

It's my first time posting here but I have been collecting for a few years. Just wanted to let y'all know that the Simba ornament is finally up, I'm still waiting for the Sword and the Stone one to place my order.

#270069 - 10/13/14 06:13 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Waiting for Sword in the Stone too, as well as a sale. Nice to meet you, DDCakes! smile

Ugh. I was sure that Flowers and Trees would be up today. It's supposed to be up for sale on Disney Store UK tomorrow, and last month, Steamboat Willie was up 1 day before Disney Store UK had it. I really want that Flowers and Trees ornament. It looks gorgeous!

They added Hiro & Baymax. I'll be buying that one for sure, but I'm tired of how incredibly sloooow they're being this year. So far, my #1 is Sword in the Stone, then Hiro & Baymax, then Bath Day, 101 Dalmatians (has Lucky), and Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit.

Hiro and Baymax:
http://www.disneystore.com/hiro-and-baymax-mech-sketchbook-ornament-big-hero-6/mp/1359887/1000344/

Olaf's back in stock as well. So is the singing Elsa ornament

I got the Elsa singing ornament as well as the Rapunzel one (took over a week before they actually shipped them, slowest shipped order I've ever had from the Disney Store). Important to note, they do not play the melody, just the vocals. I should have figured that because the previews on the singing dolls are just the isolated vocals. I'm thinking it's more "realistic" in their minds because the characters wouldn't have musical accompaniment in real life (granted they wouldn't be able to shoot ice out of their hands or have hair that heals people).

Rapunzel's ornament actually plays 2 clips of the song. Both are nice, but the paint details aren't as good as what Hallmark does. Being that the characters are smaller than typical Sketchbook ornaments because they're surrounded by big structures makes the lack of details a bit more noticeable. The sound quality is quite good though. I feel like Hallmark will one day do "Let It Go." But, they may never do "When Will My Life Begin," so I'm happy to have them.

#270096 - 10/13/14 04:24 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Maybe they are trying to catch up on shipping? Maybe. So S-L-O-W this year. I'm waiting on an order from 10-1 AND from 10-7. 10-1 has the singing Elsa and beach scene Olaf and a Alice Tea Cup and Saucer . . . 10-7 has the Sketchbook Anna & Elsa . . . and a PIXAR Calendar . . . also had the regular Disney calendar in cart but it sold out before I could checkout. Whereas with my 1st 12 month ornament I got it almost the next day or day after that . . . 2nd in 12 month was maybe 3 days until received . . . but these two orders are S-L-O-W going!!!

Maybe Flower & Trees tomorrow? I'm going broke with all the shipping!!!

#270137 - 10/14/14 06:17 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

True to their word, Disney Store UK has Flowers and Trees. What does Disney Store US have? Nothing. Grr...

I can only hope that maybe when it finally shows up, they'll have the Sketchbook ornaments all up and have the same sale from last year ($10 each for two or more).

I wish Disney Store US would give release dates for these limited pieces. Third month of them, and now, there's no predictable pattern to their release. First was late August, second was mid-September. Maybe this one will be tomorrow. Or, it's possible, I guess that it'll be the third Monday of the month. It was on the third Monday last month.

Disney Store UK will have Snow White up on November 11th: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-walt-disney-ornament-collection/mn/1505501/

At least they have the picture up, so we can see it. Ironic that Disney Store UK gives release dates considering they still haven't sold out of the August or September Moments that Made Disney ornaments. Disney Store US sold out of them within a week. They even still have the Art of Aurora ornament set that sold out in the US in less than one day.

I hate to sound bratty or whiny here, but they're usually so on the ball with the ornaments that I'm just frustrated. And even though I've been able to catch the limited edition pieces the day they come out, with only 1000 pieces each (obviously less than 1000 since UK is selling them too), I'm anxious that I'll miss them somehow. Some, I wouldn't mind missing as much as others, but Flowers and Trees looks lovely, and it's one of my top picks in the series. Snow White's ornament is my #1 pick.

My slow shipping order was the one with the singing Elsa ornament. Purchased on September 26th, finally shipped on October 4th and arrived on October 6th. Hopefully you'll get your orders soon, Deanna.

#270164 - 10/14/14 08:52 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

They must be catching up on shipping. Received both 10/1 and 10/7 order today. Nicely done!

#270170 - 10/14/14 09:43 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Heading to the Disney Store this weekend. I'm hoping they have all of the ornaments that I want. They had them at this time last year. If not, I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

#270193 - 10/15/14 01:42 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I'm regretting waiting so long, Marry Poppins and the online exclusive Blue Aurora ornament appear to be sold out. Do you think there will be a restock or do I have to resort to ebay for the Aurora?

#270212 - 10/15/14 07:22 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

Also, did anyone see this Rescuers ornament on Disney Store UK?
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/the-rescuers-decoration/mp/74072/1500055/

#270213 - 10/15/14 08:09 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Aww! Cute! Wish Disney Store would just update already.

If it helps, Singing Elsa ornament's sold out at least 4 separate times, so the blue Aurora and Mary Poppins may come back. I think last year, the online exclusive red Tinker Bell sold out once and came back again.

I'm thinking the Disney Store stores don't have full shipments of ornaments yet. Because the Simba ornament and Hiro/Bay Max ornament have not shown up on ebay. They've been on the website for a couple of days, so logically, if they were in the stores by now, there would probably be at least one of each on ebay.

That is the thing that gives me hope that the Sword in the Stone will show up. My way of looking up the ornaments not up doesn't work because they're uploading the pictures the day they update instead of before the update.

I have started making a folder on my computer with Disney Store sketchbook ornament images. This website was a big help:
http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/

You can choose Christmas and then go by the movies to see various ornaments for them. It'll tell you who makes them too.

It's fun to look through them.

#270241 - 10/16/14 11:58 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Do they limit how many you are allowed to buy? Or could I try to get a group purchase going of several different people getting one or two each of the sketchbook?

#270246 - 10/17/14 06:11 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They limit the "Frozen" ornaments to 5 each. They limit the Moments that Made Disney ornaments to 2 each.

The Sketchbook ornaments are now $10 each if you buy 2 or more with some exclusions. The personalization ornaments do not count for the sale (makes sense). And all "Frozen" ornaments do not count for the sale (cause they can do that).

Naturally, the singing Rapunzel ornament counts for the sale. Drat. Thought it wouldn't since it's $4 more than the regular ones. Oh well.

And still no Flowers and Trees or Sword in the Stone. Maybe on Monday...

#270292 - 10/19/14 05:35 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

Went to the Disney Store today and picked up fourteen of the Sketchbook ornaments. Picked up:

Mickey Mouse The Band Concert
Minnie Mouse and Figaro
Two Chips and a Miss
Rapunzel Singing
Pascal
Oswald
Dumbo
101 Dalmatians
Timon
Alice and Cheshire Cat
Mary Poppins
Olaf
Elsa Singing Ornament
Mr. Duck Steps Out

They had lots and lots of the Frozen ornaments.

I might go back and get some more in a couple of weeks when they get the rest of the ornaments.

#270349 - 10/21/14 04:36 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

This one's cute too:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/toy-story-decoration/mp/74174/1500055/

I'm officially jealous of European Disney Store ornaments...

Maybe it'll show up on US Disney Store soon...

#270372 - 10/21/14 10:26 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
MeowRalphMeow Offline
Elf VP

They had that Toy Story ornament at the Disney Store I went to this past weekend. I specifically remember it because the person I was with liked it a lot and asked me if I was going to buy it. I passed on it because I have so many Buzz and Woody ornaments. She liked it so much but she didn't buy it either!

#270391 - 10/22/14 05:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

You're officially giving me hope now that the Sword in the Stone ornament will show up.

Surely by November...

I guess they're trying to avoid the Christmas creep and are just waiting until after Halloween at this point?

#270530 - 10/27/14 04:18 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

We ordered Anna and Elsa thru the website since I didn't want to take a chance of missing them, if they never came into the store. We tried doing it thru the store one day, but when she checked, they were sold out again, so we tried the next day from home, they were back in stock and they came Friday morning.

Since we had other errands and I wanted to see what the store had for the $10 each sale, we stopped in on Saturday. I was VERY happy to get the singing Rapunzel (like Elsa, the acapella vocal is great!) and the Dalmatian window scene orn, with no broken pieces (Mary Poppins had a leg missing, 2 Rapunzels were missing fingers or feet). The cast member remarked on the fact we got the singing Rapunzel for only $10!

Then in the Frozen section, they had lots of Olaf beach orns, a couple of each girl and a couple of the singing Elsa. That was frustrating, since we already ordered the others, but it was better to have them for sure.

At the end, we ordered the Alice and Cheshire Cat orn, the Pascal in the dress and the 50th Anniversary Mary Poppins thru the store, so we could get free p&h. I asked about the Broadway Aladdin and Mary Poppins orns, but he said they were full price.

#270541 - 10/27/14 07:38 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Babsaroo Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

FYI, the Friends and Family 25% off sale at the Disney Store starts on Nov. 7. Great time to pick up more sketchbook ornaments!

#270560 - 10/28/14 06:17 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Babsaroo]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

When we were paying for our orns, the CM gave us a couple of these coupons and told us it would be the only way to get into the sale in the store that day!

We'll see if they have anything in the store I want then. We have another D23 Club event coming up before Christmas and they may have more in that store then, than our very small Disney Store.

#271348 - 11/07/14 03:55 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Disney Store Friends & Family offer is now through Tuesday. 25% off order with Disneypal code at checkout.

Printable coupon for in stores:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025701/

I hope that the Snow White Moments That Made Disney ornament shows up on Monday or Tuesday. The UK site is supposed to debut it on 11/11, so maybe the US site will too.

Edit: Yeah...that was too much to hope for. Naturally the US site has not put Snow White up for sale (that 25% off sure would have been nice). And the UK site has (just like it advertised). The UK site even gives the date for the December release as December 9th. Why can't the US site give dates? Is it because they're afraid it'll sell out faster if they do? And I'm guessing there is no hope for the Sword in the Stone ornament. *sighs* The UK sellers on ebay are asking way too much for it (at least 2 and a half the Disney Store price which is insane because US sellers are only asking a little above original price for most of the non-sold out Sketchbook 2014 ornaments). Hopefully it'll be leftover after Christmas in the UK and it'll be available for cheaper on ebay as a result. Really stinks that the UK got three ornaments that the US didn't get. I hope they put them in the line for us next year.

#271641 - 11/11/14 10:54 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

How much do you wanna bet the ornament shows up tomorrow when the 25% off is over?

#271646 - 11/11/14 11:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Maybe not tomorrow . . . but definitely when 25% is over.

I have a few things I want to order . . . might order tonight . . . probably more savings than waiting to get to 75.00 for free shipping when November ornament is available.

Oh well. Over the years . . . I've gotten SUPER FANTASTIC deals on large and heavy items . . . and *FREE* shipping so I won't hold it against them . . . last month I managed 75.00 order but won't be doing that every month to be sure!

#271672 - 11/11/14 06:54 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I decided to go ahead with the deal and buy 2 ornaments I was on the fence about. The Jasmine ornament (best of the frilly princesses this year in my opinion) and Donald/Daisy ornament. I also bought the Pocahontas animator doll because I really like that doll (it'll be my fifth animator doll...granted, three of them were totally free from DMR), and I bought some toys for Toys for Tots to bump it up too $75 since I buy a lot for Toys for Tots every year. They've got good deals on buying multiples, and the Disney toys tend to be nicer looking than the ones you find in regular stores.

I'm being really, really good and avoiding the Mickey's Christmas Carol vinylmations. It was tough...I had some in my bag, I'll admit it. But, I still don't care for the look of the Mickey sculpt in vinylmations and prefer Funko Mystery Minis. I don't want to start any other collections...

Still wish that Snow White's Moments That Made Disney ornament had been available.

#271697 - 11/12/14 01:04 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I bought several ornaments at the Disney store today and while at the register lamented I had purchased several early at a much higher price online. The very nice cast member told me that if I had saved my packing receipt, I could bring the ornaments to the store and get a full credit for them. Wow. So I bought another of the ones I thought I bought online (working off my old memory) and plan to take them back at the online price sometime next week. Down to $10 each and then an additional 25% off - too good of a deal, so I really stocked up on several different designs.
I also found the Frozen ornaments while there. They aren't included in the $10 sale, so they were in a completely different section of the store. Picked up Singing Elsa, Olaf at the beach, and a frou frou Elsa and Anna. I appreciated the 25% off discount on all of those, although honestly it looks like the frou frou ones should be on the sale rack as they had lots of them.

#271701 - 11/12/14 06:58 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I spent far too much at Disney during the sale, but at least I am up to date with my Frozen, Sleeping Beauty, doll, ornament, and plush collections. I went ahead and picked up another 21 ornaments in total, which is way too much. LOL At this point, I plan to display the more figure like ones in a case year round so that's how I justify it to myself. I picked up the good fairies show ornament, singing Elsa, Olaf, princess dress Elsa, princess dress Anna, princess dress Merida, Alice with Cheshire Cat, Pinocchio, Tink light up, singing Rapunzel, Marry Poppins, Lion King, Mickey shopping bag, Jack, Sally, Dumbo, Chipmunks, Pascal, Mike and Sully, Timon, and Hiro and Baymax. I'm going to have to get those Rescuers and Sword in the Stone ornaments somehow.

#271702 - 11/12/14 07:36 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Now the Sketchbook ornaments are $8 each if you buy 2 or more. Excluding the personalization ones and this glass one:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-mi...363050/1000344/

When did that one show up? The UK site has several like that. Probably slipped in one day after a Frozen ornament sold out. Some others have sold out too like Mary Poppins, Lion King, Baymax and Hiro (really wasn't expecting that one to sell out this early...I'm guessing the movie's release helped its sales), and Frozen ornaments (of course).

Still no Snow White from Moments That Made Disney. I'm guessing that ornament won't be available until either Monday or Tuesday.

#271734 - 11/13/14 09:11 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow - that is a great price for these. I was going to be grouchy about buying so many before the price drop until I realized that they were less (mostly $7.50 each) when priced at the 2 for $10 and an additional 25% off on Tuesday.

I'm getting itchy about the Sword in the Stone ornament. Release it already!

Luckdragon, there were several glass ornaments in the store, but I didn't look at them closely.

As far as the online sell outs, some of them are still readily available in the stores. For instance, I saw lots of the Mary Poppins on Tuesday. If anybody is looking for one in particular lmk and I'll see about picking them up for you. (Cost plus shipping; need to buy two to get the sale price.)

We saw Big Hero 6 last Friday night and enjoyed the movie. I bought two of the BH6 Disney Sketchbook ornaments and there were not many left on the sale rack after that, but there were a few. I think the limited items for this movie will be very popular. I'm not surprised it sold out online.

I like the Hallmark version sold at Target better, but they only had one. I need to go check a few more Target stores for it (to get one for each boy). They don't have them online. The Disney Sketchbook ornament is in fighting mode wearing bright red armor, but the Target ornament is just the regular Baymax as the big white inflatable robot. That is the look he sports through most of the movie (and is kind of adorable) so I prefer it.

#271745 - 11/13/14 12:21 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw that Hallmark version of Baymax at Target too and was wondering why they didn't use that character for a Keepsake ornament. Maybe next year.

My review about the Disney Store Baymax and Hiro ornament commented on wishing he wasn't in the red armor. I'm still happy to have the Disney Store ornament since it had both characters.

#271979 - 11/17/14 01:09 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White is up today.

#271997 - 11/17/14 07:38 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, Deana. I searched for the Disney Parks tote that was mentioned previously, but couldn't find it. I bought a $5.95 DP air freshener to get free shipping, so effectively am paying $5.95 shipping, which is better than $7.95.

#271999 - 11/17/14 08:12 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
Thanks, Deana. I searched for the Disney Parks tote that was mentioned previously, but couldn't find it. I bought a $5.95 DP air freshener to get free shipping, so effectively am paying $5.95 shipping, which is better than $7.95.

Yeah, they don't have the Disney Parks exclusive totes anymore. Figures, huh?

That's interesting that your shipping is usually $7.95. Mine's $4.95 for this ornament.

I ended up getting some of my Friends and Family shipment today, including the Donald and Daisy ornament. The sculpt's good, but the flocking's not as thick as the Oswald one. Would have been better without the flocking.

I also got the 2009 Blue Fairy Sketchbook ornament in the mail today. I bought it from this seller, and it's a really good price. She has multiples. Mine was NRFB:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pinocchio...=item1e94b32ad7

It was one of the ornaments I've been admiring from the Sketchbook line. I've got over 300 pictures of the Sketchbook ornaments saved on my computer from searching the Internet. I believe they started in 2007. Maybe one day, I'll upload them into an album.

A seller in the UK and another in Japan are selling the Sword in the Stone ornament, but the price with shipping is too high for my taste. The shipping doesn't bug me much because it's overseas, but the price gouging on an ornament that hasn't sold out is annoying. I'm still hoping as it gets into December, more sellers from overseas will have some on ebay at more reasonable prices. It's annoying that the US didn't receive this ornament, but Europe and Asia did.

#272000 - 11/17/14 08:18 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Diana, Next time try searching on re-usable tote.

I almost forgot . . . was rushing out the door to a dentist appointment so I just slapped a quick order together but did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

IF you find yourself near a Kohl's . .. the Christmas CD this year is Disney . . . last two years it has been Trans Siberian Orchestra . . . and a nice little cookbook and some Disney plush . .. Dumbo is the cutest of them all . . . I had bought it for Sarah as a surprise for her and she found it as I hadn't hid it before she came home for Fall Break . . . so I said SURPRISE . . . so Dumbo has already moved to Auburn, Very Nice for 5.00 . . . so the Pillow Pal Dumbo will be for her bed here at home. She has a Rex from our last trip . . . grown college kids in the band, mostly/only girls of course . . . take some sort of critter with them on the overnight band trips for use on the bus . . . everyone LOVES Rex when they see him . . . we had people at the airport, mostly little boys . .. pointing and telling their Momma's "I want one" on our trip home from Orlando. Sorry for the rambling.

Last month . . . while cleaning out my storage room, I found the movie poster for Toy Story 2 . . . The Toys Are Back . . . but such and odd size, like 26" x 38" . . . I took it and had it framed . . . and plan to get it hung above Sarah's bed before she comes home for Thanksgiving! Love it. It has "most" of them . .. Buzz, Woody, Bullseye, Jesse, The Potato Heads Mr. & Mrs., Rex, Bo Peep . . . even Stinky Pete and Hamm . . . I've re-done her room and I think she will like this much better than the Thomas Kincade looking Gazebo print I have up there now. haha More Rambling.

Anybody remember what December monthly ornament will feature? I've forgotten.

And YAY I picked up my Amazing Grace Piano today, called yesterday as I forgot to get it on Friday and they still had some. I'm running out of ornaments to buy for the treasure chest promo.

#272001 - 11/17/14 08:23 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Anybody remember what December monthly ornament will feature? I've forgotten.

It's for the Disney Studios opening in Burbank:
http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1025033/

To me, it's the most boring in the bunch. The significance, I understand. It just isn't super exciting. Unlike the Snow White one!

#272002 - 11/17/14 08:27 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm probably less impressed with the Treasure Island one than this Burbank Studios but will wait until I see it in person for final judgement. Can't wait for Snow White to arrive. I should have stayed up until midnight last night to order but I got it so I'm happy!

#272010 - 11/17/14 09:37 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

That's interesting that your shipping is usually $7.95. Mine's $4.95 for this ornament.

I was ordering two, and that was $7.95 shipping.

Diana, Next time try searching on re-usable tote.

I did search the totes and liked the Star Wars one, but they aren't listed under Parks and it had to be a parks item to get free shipping.
Oh well, I might use it to bump up a purchase in January (have to get that one... my namesake lol) to fill the cart enough to quality for free shipping, assuming that is still available at $75. Is that a standard policy?

did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

I'm not familiar with that code. What are the specs on that one?

#272016 - 11/18/14 04:59 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Snow White sold out! That's the fastest sell out of the series so far.

I'm interested in the "Treasure Island" one because of my Disney character ornament obsession. Long John Silver counts to me. wink

Posting the link anyway. I like to review them, even if they sell out before I can:
http://www.disneystore.com/snow-white-an...364378/1000344/

#272019 - 11/18/14 08:52 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow, that was fast. Out of curiosity, I checked last night around 8 or 9 p.m. and it was still available.

#272020 - 11/18/14 08:56 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

did manage to use the DRVCMEMBER code for 10% off and free shipping as I ordered the Olaf Tote and a Dumbo Pillow Pal.

I'm not familiar with that code. What are the specs on that one?

Disney Rewards Visa Card by Chase. AmEX is my "go to" card but I've earned probably well over 1,000.00 with this card over the last 10+ years when places don't accept AmEX . . . used "rewards" once to pay for our stay @ Animal Kingdom . . . plus the 10% discount is nice on Disney orders. I think it use to be 15%.

#272021 - 11/18/14 10:06 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Wow. I almost missed it. I ordered it about 8 last night.

#272023 - 11/18/14 11:04 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad you got yours, Mark!

Thanks for the info, Deana. I have the Disney visa but would only use it for Disney online shopping. I haven't used it in awhile, and it expired, but they just sent me a new one and I was like, oh, do I still have this card?

Is it always a discount on Disney purchases, or only a random promo offer? Ditto the free shipping... always if you use the Disney Visa - or do you need to reach a certain $ amount or ??? Can you enter more than one promo code on a purchase?

#272025 - 11/18/14 11:37 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Dang it - I really wish they would have these listed at the same time each month. I have gotten all of them thus far and was not able to get this one. Sigh.

Angela

#272029 - 11/18/14 12:39 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad you got yours, Mark!

Thanks for the info, Deana. I have the Disney visa but would only use it for Disney online shopping. I haven't used it in awhile, and it expired, but they just sent me a new one and I was like, oh, do I still have this card?

Is it always a discount on Disney purchases, or only a random promo offer? Ditto the free shipping... always if you use the Disney Visa - or do you need to reach a certain $ amount or ??? Can you enter more than one promo code on a purchase?

Use to be always. Now I believe it is 50.00 or more purchase. Like yesterday, I was at maybe 52.00 or thereabouts . . . and it was going to be 12.95 shipping . . . so I went and added two more Sketchbook ornaments and maybe something else . .. managed to get to 75.00 so free shipping and the 10% discount. I think you can use up to 3 or maybe 4 codes . . . the 10%, the Free Ship and maybe one more . . . I'd have to go look on the DIS Budget Board for sure . . . those Disney fans know ALL the in's and out's when it comes to saving money with Disney. smile

Speaking of old expired cards . . . I went to apply for one this Spring as a few remodeling/redecorating projects I was ordering for online had savings upwards of 10% via shopdiscover . . . well I ONLY had the Sam's Club Discover and that didn't count . .. so went to apply for a new plain Discover online . . . and realized after I had to call in to verify something . .. that I had an existing Discover card, since like 1992 but I hadn't used it or activated cards in about at least TEN YEARS . . . so instead of a new account I just had them send me a new card for that dormant account . . . man oh man . . . did the shopdiscover savings rack up quick . . . just since May or early June it was over 300.00 in rebates and just last week I was able to have them do an automatic transfer of the rebate into my checking account! The 10% purchases sure beat the heck out of 3% or 4% at mrrebates or ebates . . . not all stores but it did add up quickly and made it well worth getting a new card on an old account!!!

#272030 - 11/18/14 12:48 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I also got the 2009 Blue Fairy Sketchbook ornament in the mail today. I bought it from this seller, and it's a really good price. She has multiples. Mine was NRFB:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pinocchio...=item1e94b32ad7

It was one of the ornaments I've been admiring from the Sketchbook line. I've got over 300 pictures of the Sketchbook ornaments saved on my computer from searching the Internet. I believe they started in 2007. Maybe one day, I'll upload them into an album.

I would really love to see that album! I've been trying to find as much out about older ones as I can.

I can't believe that I forgot to check these past couple of days and go figure I missed the Snow White ornament. Grrr.

#272031 - 11/18/14 01:16 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

I would also love to see the album as I would love to get all of the sketch book ornaments (or at least as many as possible). :-)

Angela

#272032 - 11/18/14 02:35 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Check out ebay for Rapunzel and Flynn - oh man is it going for a lot. Deana pointed that one out to me.
Was White Rabbit from Alice this year? I guess I missed that one - didn't see it in the store last week.

#272033 - 11/18/14 02:42 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I think White Rabbit was last year along with the Alice in the bottle with the tag/note "Drink Me".

#272034 - 11/18/14 03:05 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

There's a really cute one of Alice and the Queen of Hearts from 2007. Alice is on one side and it says "Nice." The Queen of Hearts is on the other, and it says "Naughty."

I'll see if I can set up a Photobucket account and upload them. Except for 2013 and 2014. My 2013 pics are on another computer, and I haven't gathered the 2014 ones yet.

Check out ebay for Rapunzel and Flynn - oh man is it going for a lot. Deana pointed that one out to me.

Several of them are really high. I'd love to have the Si and Am one, but it rarely shows up. When it does, it's at least $80. Are you referring to the wedding one where Rapunzel's hair is short or the boat? Both seem to sell high. I have the wedding one since I needed Flynn for my collection, and Hallmark hasn't done him yet. It's a nicely done sculpt. The boat one...I've seen pics, and the faces are lacking detail.

#272036 - 11/18/14 03:21 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

The Wedding one. Glad you have that one for your collection luckdragon . . . especially since you try to buy so many of the characters.

#272037 - 11/18/14 03:23 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
Santa's Helper

Oh, I loved the wedding one from last year. I loved that Flynn was with her in the ornament too. It was a great sculpt!

Angela

#272038 - 11/18/14 03:57 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Here's the album so far:

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/luckdra...rt=4&page=1

I need to go get the 2013 pictures and the 2014 pictures. I also have to grab my personal picture of 2007 Jiminy Cricket because I cannot find a picture of that ornament. I've tried, but it never shows up. It's like the 2009 Jiminy Cricket but no glitter.

A lot of the pictures actually came from Disney Store's website (imagine my surprise when I found an old link for an older ornament, still active on the site, and from there, I was able to go through the image links and uncover a lot). Some pictures came from a website I think I linked on here. Some came from ebay. My apologies to the folks whose pictures I lifted. It's for archival purposes, of course.

My #1 ornament I'd love to have is Si and Am from 2010. I also want 2010 Lucky and Rolly, 2008 Enchanted Rose, and a lot of others. Unfortunately, a lot of these are too expensive for me (granted, I haven't found the rose yet).

#272040 - 11/18/14 04:29 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Makes me wish I had started Sketchbook ornaments a few years ago . . . I just started buying them last year. frown

#272041 - 11/18/14 04:50 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

I remember passing on several Tangled ornaments because I hadn't seen the movie yet, boy do I regret that now. The Tangled tower is another expensive one I would love. I started collecting these in 2012 I believe, I also wish I had started sooner. Thank you for posting the album, so many I wish I had!

#272050 - 11/18/14 05:46 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Be vigilant on ebay, especially this month and next as people unpack their Christmas decorations and sell some off. After Si and Am, Pinocchio and the Blue Fairy was my next most coveted, and I was able to get it for a good price.

I've been scouring ebay for ornaments from Disney Parks in the mid 2000s. They are characters holding Mickey Mouse ball ornaments. I had 5 of them from WDW trips in 2005 and 2006. I recently obtained another one. This one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-Chr...d-/261656785718
I'm in constant search for them now, and in the meantime, that means finding other deals like getting the Aladdin Storybook set for $24.95 with shipping. Even though I abhor the quality of my Beauty and the Beast set, I'm hopeful for this. It has 4 characters I don't have! laugh Like I said...I'm obsessed.

Anyway, you see that she's holding a Mickey ball ornament? The 5 ornaments I already own like that are some of my absolute favorite ornaments ever. They're lightweight, colorful, whimsical, and adorable.

Anyone know of these ornaments? Through ebay searches and questioning other people (as well as my own collection), I know of these:
-Mickey and Minnie
-Donald and Daisy
-Snow White and Prince
-Cinderella and Prince Charming
-Aurora and Phillip
-Ariel and Eric
-Belle and Beast
-Aladdin and Jasmine on flying carpet
-Pocahontas and Meeko
-Hercules and Megara
-Mulan
-Simba and Nala
-Pongo and Perdita
-Alice
-Bambi and Thumper
-Duchess and Marie
-Dumbo
-Dopey

I feel like there was a Snow White and her prince, but I may be wrong. I also could have sworn I saw a Timon and Pumbaa version. I'm mostly curious as to if Snow White and her prince was an ornament as well as Lady and the Tramp.

Oh, and if you know of more Sketchbook ornaments (minus 2013 and 2014) that I don't have here, please post! 2007 seems particularly light to me since I can remember getting a catalog in the mail from the Disney Store in 2007 announcing a sale on the ornaments with several pictured. I also feel like because there is a Bashful/Doc and a Grumpy/Happy/Sleepy ornament that they probably did a Dopey/Sneezy ornament...no proof though. Haven't seen the Bashful/Doc or Grumpy/Happy ornament on ebay either.

Edit: I FOUND the Snow White and Prince ornament that I've looked for for years! And the seller had a Hercules and Megara! I didn't even know that existed!

Edited by luckdragon (12/02/14 11:31 AM)

#272052 - 11/18/14 07:22 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm fairly certain they did a Dopey climbing the stairs, but not sure of a combo.

Lots in your album (that was a lot of work but it is REALLY appreciated) that I'd like, but the one I'm really keen on is the magic rose from Beauty and the Beast. Such a simple concept, but it is really lovely. I also like the Tangled tower.

Are these photos of ornaments from your personal collection, or just pictures you've gathered?

Could you please start a new topic with a title something like "album of Disney Sketchbook ornaments" and post the link there so it will be easy to remember/search/find? It's a great resource and I know I'll be referring back to it from time to time, I'm sure others will also.

#272070 - 11/18/14 09:46 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

OMG Wall-E with the recycling cube wrapped like a gift! I had no idea they made an ornament of that. I would have purchased two! Or more. LOVE it.
I have last year's Wall-E. It took three shipments to get one that wasn't broken.

#272075 - 11/18/14 10:16 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks so much for sharing those pictures. I own a few of them, but there are others I wish I owned. Must resist....

#272077 - 11/18/14 10:44 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Are these photos of ornaments from your personal collection, or just pictures you've gathered?

Could you please start a new topic with a title something like "album of Disney Sketchbook ornaments" and post the link there so it will be easy to remember/search/find? It's a great resource and I know I'll be referring back to it from time to time, I'm sure others will also.

No, they aren't my pictures, but reading that reminded me that I forgot to upload the 2007 Jiminy Cricket picture while I was on my old computer. *sighs* Needless to say, 2013 pics are up. Thanks to tiggerfan, I found another ornament. I'll upload that pic as well as a few others with the 2014 collection once I pull them.

The Disney Store website was where a lot of them came from since they, apparently never delete pictures. You just find an old, archives page, copy the image location, change the number on the photo, and voila! you find other ornaments. What led to that was looking at a review for the 2012 Aristocats ornament on Amazon. Someone mentioned that it was made by some artist and made in lesser quantities than other Sketchbook ornaments. They said they read it on a website. I had that ornament, and I tried to find info on it, and what I did find was the 2009 Aristocats ornament on Kaboodle. It gave a direct link to the Disney Store.
Click and see:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/disney-aristocats-ornament-disney-store
So, I used that image to find the 2009 images that I could find. Kaboodle had several that were listed as available on the Disney Store website, so I used them to get other images (using the dates on the reviews to figure out the dates of the ornaments).

Some came from ebay, not too many.

And this site was invaluable:
http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/category/christmas/
I just went through their collection and paid attention to where the ornament came from. Wonderful site to look through.

Here is the Wall-E ornament on ebay, Diana:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-with-tags-DI...=item3f40a47606
It's the only one I can find of it right now.

I'll start a new topic once I get the 2014 images up and ready.

#272173 - 11/20/14 05:06 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

If anyone is still looking for it, Disney Store's website has the singing Elsa ornament back in stock:
http://www.disneystore.com/elsa-singing-sketchbook-ornament-frozen/mp/1359897/1000344/

#272221 - 11/21/14 11:07 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

It figures they weren't in stock back a few days ago when the Snow White ornament was for sale. I would have added some in a heartbeat to get the free shipping. Oh well.

#273337 - 12/17/14 08:31 PM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

We never did get Sword in the Stone. Pooh!

#273347 - 12/18/14 05:29 AM Re: 2014 Disney Sketchbook Hopes/Wishes [Re: luckdragon]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

When we were at the Disney Studios on Saturday, to see our Disney D23 Club sneak preview of "Into the Woods" (theatrical opening is Christmas Day), we were also allowed to shop at the Cast Members-Only Studio Store. We had been there several times over the last few months, it was always crowded and they didn't have much in the way of orns, especially those from Frozen.

Siince I didn't want to lose out on any of the ones I wanted, I bought the others I needed thru the store, with FREE delivery to our house.

So, you'll imagine my surprise when we were there, the store was empty except for CMs, another couple, my hubby and I!! But here's the frustration - we had the stores to ourselves, the displays were stocked solid with orns, including those from Frozen! As far as I can tell the $8.00 each for orns was just for the Sketchbook orns, not Frozen, but had this been last month, I would've been happy to shop!

Oh well, another time, I'm sure it'll go back to having things we want. On the other hand, we saw the movie, in their incredible theater with their amazing sound system, for absolutely FREE!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator