YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (digitalDREAMBOOK, SandyT), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26155 Topics
323401 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#267231 - 08/17/14 09:01 AM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
Mary Lynn Offline
Elf Manager

Was there a "Sneak Peek" at the Dinner?

#267240 - 08/17/14 10:33 AM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
Link to great pics of the sink! All angles....
Thank you to photographer.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151384758918?nav=SEARCH

#267256 - 08/17/14 02:22 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: grandma lise]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Originally Posted By: grandma lise
Debbie...
Were you and your husband able to do some more sight seeing today? My husband and were really tired by the time we got home. smile
Lisa

We drove around Issaquah (finally have the pronunciation down) and drove up to the waterfall in Squamish. Now we are waiting for our flight home - two hours late as there is bad weather at home. I could have slept later!

#267257 - 08/17/14 02:25 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mary Lynn]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Mary Lynn
Was there a "Sneak Peek" at the Dinner?

Yes, we saw two ornaments. One was a Corvette by Don which will come out in December 2014 and the other ornament by Matt was a uh,uh,uh, I DON'T REMEMBER!!!
OMG.

#267258 - 08/17/14 02:27 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: sparkle]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: sparkle
Link to great pics of the sink! All angles....
Thank you to photographer.

What? Where is the link? All you posted was a sink on ebay. Or is that what you meant to do?

#267261 - 08/17/14 02:48 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Washington State
Glad you and your husband got to go see the falls Debbie. Hope your flight is uneventful from this point forward. Delays are not fun. frown

Lisa

#267262 - 08/17/14 03:04 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

I addressed my Christmas cards. smile

#267264 - 08/17/14 03:18 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: debbieg]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
Yes Debbie, not having seen the sink in person I thought the ebay posting had great detailed pictures. Obviously, some of us are more easily impressed than others ! wink
Safe travels!
Carol

#267272 - 08/17/14 06:08 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
happytocollect Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: ID
I wanted to thank the Issaquah Tree Trimmers for a very wonderful Signing Event. The dinner at Pogacha's was very good. Curtis,club president, and Feeleece, store manager along with their club members put on a very nice time. Everyone was so nice, and the day was beautiful. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves a lot. There was not a very big crowd and this allowed all of those who attended to go through the signing lines many times. I am sorry that I did not get to put faces with names of the Yuleloggers who attended. After we left, I told my husband that we forgot to find the Yuleloggers! Hopefully next August we can put names and faces together. The artists, Don Palmiter and Matt Johnson were so delightful. With the smaller crowd, we got to talk with them quite a bit.
Great time!!!!!

#267275 - 08/17/14 06:30 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Happytocollect, was that you at the very end of the 10:30 a.m. signing line? We talked in part about whether your son was going to go to school in San Francisco or Virginia. In front of us was one of Cally's friends who took the ferry down from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I was behind you in line with two sinks that needed to be signed.

Was that you? If it was, it was nice meeting you. I had a feeling you were a Yulelogger, but didn't think to ask! blush

Lisa

#267306 - 08/18/14 09:10 AM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: grandma lise]
happytocollect Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: ID
Yes, that was me! You have a great memory. Wasn't the day so pleasant? We had such a good time. I will look for you in August, hopefully we will all get to attend. My husband and I have met so many wonderful people traveling around to different events for ornaments.
It was good to meet you too. Next time we will put names together, LOL!
Cheryl

#267313 - 08/18/14 10:44 AM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: happytocollect]
cally Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Victoria, B.C. Canada
Thanks to Curtis and the local club members, and Feeleece and the staff for hosting such a well-organized event. It was great to meet you all and see your lovely store. Nice to see Lisa, Debbie, Cheryl in lineups. Short lineups! I recognized a few other faces too but didn't get their names.

I'm glad the lineups were short, because with my current foot injury I needed to sit while waiting. I had brought a little folding stool to sit on, but the store nicely brought me a folding padded chair which I slid thru the lineups to keep my feet rested.

Both Don and Matt were so accommodating and spent much more time chatting with our group than we expected. When they heard we were from Victoria they both shared stories of their trips to our city. Don even mentioned he was in our town just last week.

I wasn't able to make the dinner, so I tried to get some sneak peek info from Curtis - but he said if he told me he'd have to kill me! smile I see that the details are on digital dream book so I'm glad I didn't give my life for the sneak peeks!

We brought enough ornaments to go thru the signing line twice, and when we were done the store was about to begin selling extra sinks, but we didn't stay to buy extras. So much to do, so little time!

After the event we explored Issaquah a little then headed to Lynnwood and the Alderwood mall, sad to see the Hallmark and Disney store both gone from that mall. Overnighted in Lynnwood, then off to Bellingham where we were happy to see a new Hallmark in Bellisfair mall. It was a shame when the original store closed, this bright new one makes up for it.

It was a super weekend with plenty of power-shopping!
Thanks again to Curtis, Feelece and the Mark's Hallmark owners and of course to Don and Matt!

Sandy

#267329 - 08/18/14 02:59 PM Re: Issaquah, WA - Signing Event Aug. 16 [Re: Mr. Sanderz]
grandma lise Offline
Santa's Helper

Cally, glad you got to see the new store in Bellingham. Great store!

Did they persuade you to bring in the Artist Signing ornament so they could see it? I'm going to try to drop by tomorrow with it.

Cheryl, it was great meeting another Yulelogger. Hope to see you at the next Artist Signing in 2016. smile

Lisa

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Moderator