YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1529 Members
15 Forums
26119 Topics
322845 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#281216 - 06/18/15 07:59 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
I think it may have lasted longer as that's a popular image and has been used on several different ornaments already, so some people may have passed as they have something similar in their collections (I almost did that then caved and bought it anyways).

#281253 - 06/22/15 09:10 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Am I the first to get mine? It arrived via UPS about an hour ago. Looks good to me.

#281258 - 06/23/15 02:57 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
Mine arrived Monday morning sometime between 8:30 and 10:00 am. Very nice!

#281259 - 06/23/15 05:41 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Mine came on Thursday the 18th (it's why I said it was very nice). wink

#281260 - 06/23/15 07:24 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Mine was delivered last Wed but I haven't been at home to see it. Hope the dog sitters have brought in my packages from the front porch! I'm sure they have. As they have flowers to water out there for me. My order(s) shipped FAST this month.

#281265 - 06/23/15 01:27 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
ajfargo Offline
Elf

Loc: Fargo
Can someone post the link to the final piece in this series? I had a shortcut on my desktop but that now takes me mickey mouse ears for children.

Thanks
Allen

#281271 - 06/23/15 06:43 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
grahamcracker72 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan

#281294 - 06/24/15 09:14 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: grahamcracker72]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

I opened mine today. They were perfect. I've only purchased two of a few of the designs, the 1st Walt, Snow White, The TV with Tink, and now June Mickey Mouse. Will probably purchase 2 of the July Walt/Mickey too.

The quality of all have been very good.

Anxiously awaiting the 2015 Sketchbook line!

#281303 - 06/25/15 06:58 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
yes! I am also waiting for the sketchbook line as I love these. I have started to back collect some of them, and that will take some time. However, there is definitely a thrill in the hunt!

Angela

#281305 - 06/25/15 08:00 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: tiggerfan]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Hi tiggerfan! yes, I too am slowly back collecting these. Sure wish I had started them earlier instead of remaining faithful to ONLY Hallmark Disney. I usually don't like resin but Disney does a great job most of the time with theirs. And YES the thrill of the hunt. I miss that from Hallmark as I back collected all I wanted years ago and now have pretty much all the older ones I want or more importantly need.

I can't wait to see what they offer this year! It will be hard to wait for the 10.00 sale of the 2-fer sale or whatever special they come up with.

#281312 - 06/25/15 03:40 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Should be about two more months and they'll start arriving! Usually they start to appear in late August.

I really hope they do the Sword in the Stone one that was offered at all of the other Disney Store websites except the US one. And the Rescuers and Thumper. That was so annoying.

But, I'm looking forward to July 7th. That's when Disney Store UK will post the last of the Moments That Made Disney series. I'm thinking they may announce a new series for August since they have always given the release date for the next MTMD ornament. Granted, I think if they do a series next year, they really need to give only a small portion to the overseas market. I'm sorry, but the US Disney Store sold out in usually less than a week (in some cases, less than a day). It's frustrating to see that Disney Store UK still has all of them.

#281330 - 06/26/15 11:01 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Should be about two more months and they'll start arriving! Usually they start to appear in late August.

I really hope they do the Sword in the Stone one that was offered at all of the other Disney Store websites except the US one. And the Rescuers and Thumper. That was so annoying.

But, I'm looking forward to July 7th. That's when Disney Store UK will post the last of the Moments That Made Disney series. I'm thinking they may announce a new series for August since they have always given the release date for the next MTMD ornament. Granted, I think if they do a series next year, they really need to give only a small portion to the overseas market. I'm sorry, but the US Disney Store sold out in usually less than a week (in some cases, less than a day). It's frustrating to see that Disney Store UK still has all of them.

My comments submitted to Guest Services today. I'm sure they won't listen. And I'm pretty sure I'll get a "canned" reply.

It would be nice IF Disney Store would allow USA to order some of the hard to find items that are just sitting in the UK. Example. Jim Shore items that are long since retired and the Monthly Series ornaments that sold out in one day on most designs here in the USA and all 11 are still available in the UK. WHY? Supply & Demand. They have the supply. We have the demand. You should try to satisfy loyal collectors here in the USA vs letting stock sit idle for MONTHS in the UK.

Thanks for listening!

Have a Magical Day and please don't just send me a "canned" reply. Either a personal reply or don't bother replying.

Deana

edited to add: Yes, I've received a few "canned" replies in the past and many times they have zero to do with your original comments submitted.

Edited by Qwackertoo (06/26/15 11:02 AM)

#281375 - 06/29/15 09:14 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I just got a brilliant brainstorm.

Earlier this year, I mentioned that Disneyland didn't get an ornament in this Moments that Made Disney series, something I feel is very lacking.

What if their follow up limited series is "Moments that Made Disneyland?" It is the park's 60th anniversary, after all, so that would be perfect, right?

Okay, so they probably really won't do it, but it is certainly fun to dream about the ornaments they could make for that, right?

#281384 - 06/30/15 11:58 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

They replied. Due to them being SEPARATE ENTITIES they cannot shift merchandise inventory between the UK & USA.

Okie Dokie then.

It was basically a canned reply.

Same as the one I got yesterday from Southwest Airlines. I believe they use to say, your miles/points NEVER expire. Well, I guess they changed that. I was checking all of our AA, Delta and SW miles this weekend and saw we lost ALL of our SW miles. Darn. IF I had known they changed the policy I would have shopped thru a website that earned a few SW miles on behalf of our 4 accounts to generate activity. Oh well. And my darn screen keeps popping down the page to some annoying ad while I'm trying to post this. Argh.

#281385 - 06/30/15 01:30 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

You would think that they would want to sell them instead of keeping them in inventory. :-)

I agree Deana, I am really looking forward to the sketchbook ornaments. I also find it difficult to wait for the 2 for $20 or whatever they decide to do, especially with some of the ones I really LOVE! So I'll probably buy some at full price and others on sale as I can - same as last year. :-)

Angela

#281449 - 07/02/15 08:12 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Did anyone else here notice that the UK site no longer has the line about how they are limited to 1000 worldwide? I remember they used to have that line. I know they had it on the first one.

And most of them are limit 20. Walt, Steamboat Willie, & Mickey Mouse Club are limit to per shopper, and Flowers and Trees doesn't have a limit.

I find that very irritating. I have all of mine, and I wasn't going to buy extra, but I find it fishy that they aren't listing the "1000 pieces worldwide" statement and will let people buy up to 20 of most designs. TWENTY? That's 2% of the entire limited run. Assuming they really were limited to 1000 each worldwide. I'm so confused on how they allocated these. I also wish they had made numbered certificates of authenticity for these.

Hopefully if they start a new series, they'll make it US only. They're not doing anyone any good setting in a warehouse collecting dust, so bring them to the country that's proven they'll buy them. And this is totally nothing against Europeans, but obviously the following for these over there is next to nothing.

#281760 - 07/08/15 12:45 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
The Disney Store has a similar approach toward limited edition dolls and pins. If the design is shared between the US and Europe, there is a quota for each continent. Often, the design is first released in Europe. Recently, many designs are exclusive to Europe.

#282432 - 07/20/15 03:41 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: btowndude]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

oops early posted in the "old" thread where ornaments showed up at random at disney.com

Got mine, and a couple of the popular sold out quickly last year Mary Poppins that I missed and the Jessica/Roger ornament and a couple of 12.00 tee's for Sarah.

YAY!!!!

It has been a GREAT YEAR Collecting these beautiful ornaments. Very nice.

Hope they do another 12.

#282434 - 07/20/15 05:37 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
DDCakes Offline
Elf

#282435 - 07/20/15 06:03 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

So excited to see some of the Sketchbook ornaments arriving early! Must start new topic!

And, I got the last Moments That Made Disney. wink

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Moderator