YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (Sean Ray, ajfargo), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26153 Topics
323376 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#273221 - 12/15/14 11:59 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Yay, Diana. I would have dropped you an email reminding you but you said you weren't going to buy December but to remind you in January so I didn't.

The 25% was nice. Some how I wound up with 3 of the Dumbo's as I wasn't keeping close track of my previous orders. I almost caved and got the year old design of Lilo & Stitch but it was sold out . . . oh well I have the Hallmark Stitch and I recall some saying the Disney one was very heavy and I have plenty of heavy ornaments.

5 months down . . . 7 to go.

I hope Mark sees this before they sell out!!!

2014 was a pretty good year for Sketchbook. Wish I'd started them much earlier. They do such a nicer job with resin than Hallmark does.

We will have a long wait to see the 2015 ones!!!! And I usually don't look forward to the next year before the current year is over!!!!

Working on my big Disney tree today!!! I'm so far behind this year.

#273224 - 12/15/14 12:15 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, CA USA
My resolve not to buy the December ornament quickly dissolved when I received that 25% off and free shipping notice. LOL. They knew how to hook me. Your post on here was a great heads up though, so thanks!

I, too, was worried that Mark may miss out and sent him an email.

I wish I would have started these sooner, too. Would have loved that Wall-E and a few others. Oh well, I'm pretty entrenched in them now. Looking forward to next year as well. Wouldn't it be nice if they released sketchbook drawings of them earlier in the year before they go on sale? Fitting with the name, also.

#273226 - 12/15/14 12:27 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Yes, that would be nice. Kinda like they did with the sketches of the monthly series. Even in March or April would be nice. Or a few at a time to get us excited!

Glad you sent Mark a note!!! I don't think this one will sell out as fast as Snow White did, but being the season, more people will be looking & buying & with the 25% off people will be looking to hit that 100.00 mark even IF they haven't collected the whole series thinking they can pick up previous ones later or just go with this one and go forward. I plan to watch today, when I can, and check back to see when it shows SOLD OUT just for the fun of it.

#273233 - 12/15/14 03:47 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I've resolved myself to collect the entire series too. The shipping price isn't too bad considering what they're selling for on ebay.

Though...I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll continue and do another monthly series next August. I'd, personally, like to see them do a Legacy series for after Walt as a kind of continuance. Featuring Walt Disney World opening, "The Aristocats" (first animated movie after Walt), "The Little Mermaid" (brought back the studio), "Beauty and the Beast" Broadway (yeah, I watched the special last night), "Toy Story" (first computer animated picture), "Dinosaur" (first Walt Disney Studios animated picture), "Frozen" (highest-grossing animated picture to date), "Adventures of the Gummi Bears" (first Disney animated television series), "Fantasia 2000" (continuing Walt's hope for "Fantasia"), Disney Store opening, "The Lion King" (...umm...I can't really think of a reason, but it was a huge release and was the highest grossing before "Frozen" I think), and something else.

#273235 - 12/15/14 04:21 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

You should write someone and multiple someones with that excellent idea!!! I'd buy them!!! Maybe something for the songs from Lion King . . . several won awards.

vs. eBay oh yea I'd rather pay the shipping vs. eBay paying the high price and shipping to boot! That would be a double whammy!

OT . .. stopped in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago . . . maybe before Thanksgiving and there was absolutely ZIP for the Nutcracker this year so I was happy to get SnowFlake & Sugarplum Fairy from the eBay lady this year!

#273236 - 12/15/14 04:34 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Qwackertoo]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Maybe something for the songs from Lion King . . . several won awards.

OT . .. stopped in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago . . . maybe before Thanksgiving and there was absolutely ZIP for the Nutcracker this year so I was happy to get SnowFlake & Sugarplum Fairy from the eBay lady this year!

I'm hoping they'll continue doing song ornaments in the Sketchbook line...even though the sculpts weren't as good for the song ornaments as the regular ones, so maybe they'll do something for "The Lion King" there. I did mention they should do a post-Walt series in my reviews for one of the Moments That Made Disney ornaments (probably the first one). I'm still confused as to why the European Disney Store sites still have all of the Moments That Made Disney ornaments! How many did they get out of the 1000? Or are Europeans just not into these?

Glad you were able to get the ornaments for the Nutcracker! That seller is really awesome. Even though they cost more than they would at Hobby Lobby, flounce_around does a great little package with the pretty bag and the fancy ornament hook. My Hobby Lobby did have Clara from last year, but none of the others including the newer ones.

#273237 - 12/15/14 04:48 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Just a wild guess . . . but I remember the first D23 ornament, Mickey on the Move, limited also to 1,000 like these . . . and I believe 750 were for the Convention and 250 for Disney.com . . . it could have been 800/200 but I'm pretty sure it was 750/250 split so maybe they did something like that . . . then maybe 250 is TOO many for them.

It would be nice to give them say 10 days, then IF not sold out, sell them in USA. No sense in them sitting in stock when people here want to buy them.

#273246 - 12/15/14 08:54 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Thanks to the reminder from Diana, I jumped on my computer and bought mine tonight when I got home from work. Who knows when I would have remembered, otherwise, so thank you very much.

Last night, as I was going to bed, I thought to myself to check in and buy it if it was live before I went to work. You can see how well that worked out for me.

#273247 - 12/15/14 09:02 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Glad you got yours, Mark.

I'm grateful for everybody on this thread keeping this collection fresh and in mind otherwise I'd miss out for sure.

I'm not sure whether to thank Luckdragon for pointing out these ornaments or not. My eyes are grateful, but my pocketbook is suffering. LOL. Just kidding. Thanks, Luckdragon!

#273250 - 12/15/14 10:14 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

A little after 10 p.m. here central time and it is showing still available.

Glad to hear you got yours, Mark!

#273311 - 12/17/14 09:52 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Qwackertoo]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

December is now gone from the Sketchbook search results.

I checked once or twice yesterday, earlier in the day, and it was still available.

As of Wed. a.m. GONE. As are a few other designs, like The Dalmations. Glad I finally bought that one.

edit: Well, this is weird . . . I still had one in my cart so proceeded to checkout and it didn't pop up sold out . . .clicked on it and it popped up and let me add another to my cart. But when I originally searched on "sketchbook" like I always do . . . it isn't there.

Searched again, thinking it must have been a fluke, nope still not in the "results". Searched on "monthly ornament" and it popped up along with a few others, 116 of them. So IF anyone misses it in next few months by a day or two or three . . . try this search before going to eBay.

Edited by Qwackertoo (12/17/14 09:59 AM)

#273335 - 12/17/14 06:47 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

It's definitely showing as sold out now. They even updated the main page to show it sold out.

I'm thinking this series has started to pick up more attention than at the beginning. The first three lasted for almost a week each before selling out.

Greaaat...more chance of missing out one one...how "wonderful."

And I agree with you about the European distribution to bring the leftovers back to the US instead of having them set there for months with no nibbles. Smart Europeans would be buying them up and selling them on ebay for US citizens that missed out. Or at least reduce the amount of the rest of the series for Europe and increase it for the US since, you know, it's actually selling here. If they do a series next year, they should consider it being US exclusive. No offense to our European Disney lovers out there, but it's ridiculous to see the Snow White ornament that sold out in one day in the US still be there a month later.

#273931 - 01/02/15 02:22 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

btw - When we went to hang the Snow White ornament on the tree, the eye screw completely came out of the ornament. Fortunately, Zach still had his hand near the ornament so caught it before it went crashing to the floor (I'm sure that resin breaks easily).

Just mentioning it so everybody knows to give those pieces a little test yank before going to hang on the tree. Better to find out and re-glue it right away before it falls and breaks, especially since it would be very hard to try to replace those (and expensive).

#273933 - 01/02/15 03:52 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Diana*]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Diana*
(I'm sure that resin breaks easily).

Yes, it does. I dropped my "Tangled" tower Sketchbook ornament this year. Three pieces broke off, two of which were quite small. Naturally, it fell in the hallway in front of two open doors. After lots of crawling around, I found each piece (one in the hallway, one in one room, and the last in the other room). Tacky glue worked.

Good that he caught it though! It seems to have dropped its price right now on ebay if folks are still looking for Snow White. It'll probably go up once the initial crop of "quick" sellers sell out (you know, they buy it and go ahead and sell it for double instead of waiting for it to climb in value before selling).

Thanks for the tip, Diana!

#273934 - 01/02/15 04:04 PM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: Diana*]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks for the tip, Diana!

My husband had quite a save back in the fall, while not an ornament . . . he had hung a new, several hundred dollar, brushed nickel and white glass globes in my breakfast room . . . and in screwing on the base to the extension pole it was un-screwing itself on the other end . . . he was still on the ladder and was securing the upper portion to the brushed nickel extension chain and the WHOLE THING just dropped and was headed straight to the floor . . . he reached out with ONE HAND and grabbed it by one of the "arms" of the chandelier . . . which probably weighed at least 25#'s . . . we both sighed a huge breath of relief and I quickly helped hold it up while he climbed down to re-install.

Whew! And this was after almost two weeks where I couldn't get Home Depot to ship to the state of AL. Emails, phones calls . .. nothing . . . every fixture in the brand prohibited shipping to AL. I just KNEW it was WRONG as they ship anything and everything to AL . . . no proposition whatever issues . . . and I even told them I was quite sure it was a key stroke error and that surely it was HI and AK . . . not AL. Yep, finally fixed it and then it almost CRASHED to the floor. IF I hadn't loved it so much I would have given up but it does look very beautiful.

So great when quick reflexes & fast hands are able to catch falling ornaments, falling chandeliers . . . blush

#274223 - 01/05/15 05:57 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Maybe the Disney Store made a New Year's resolution to get the products up faster because...

The Diana "Fantasia" ornament is available!
http://www.disneystore.com/diana-limited...369571/1000344/

AND you get free shipping with any new arrival purchase! The code is: SHIPNEW

It does work on this ornament! laugh Code ends tomorrow, so order today or tomorrow (today's probably better). Finally, a way to have free shipping on one of these ornaments without having to add more to your cart!

#274231 - 01/05/15 09:51 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Diana* Offline
Santa's Helper

Awesome! Huge thanks for posting that the ornament is up and available.

Ordered mine. I have a Disney e-card coming (reimbursement for one of the sketchbook ornaments that arrived broken and is sold out), but rather than wait for that and have these sell out in the meantime, I figured I'd use the card on next month's ornament.

Many thanks also for the free shipping reminder. I have the email from Disney in my in box, but may have missed it in haste to order this ornament.

#274232 - 01/05/15 10:28 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
And on a day when I was running late for work already and have plans after work!

Seriously, thanks for letting us know it was available and about the free shipping. My ornament is ordered.

#274233 - 01/05/15 10:48 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Thanks, luckdragon! I thought about it yesterday but forgot this morning until checking on YuleLog. YAY. Mine is ordered~!

Diana, I had a "gift card" code for 15.00 they sent me in December of 2013 when one of my Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head ornaments arrived with a broken arm and then they were sold out by time I notified them . . . thus the card. I kept forgetting to use it on all my "monthly" ornament orders in my haste to hurry up and order before they sold out but today I finally used it and with the free shipping I will be getting the Fantasia ornament for 4.95. Yay. Hopefully you will receive your "gift card" code number by time the Feb ornament is available and that it won't take you as long as it did me to use it. haha Didn't manage to add anything else to my order this month. Yay on that too.

Edited by Qwackertoo (01/06/15 09:23 AM)
Edit Reason: typos

#274303 - 01/06/15 11:59 AM Re: Moments That Made Disney monthly series [Re: luckdragon]
tiggerfan Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Texas
Thanks for the heads up - I just ordered the Fantasia ornament and getting free shipping was wonderful!

Angela

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Moderator