YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 69 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323423 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#268303 - 09/15/14 09:13 PM Clinton, MD Signing
beachboots Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Who is going this weekend?

#268307 - 09/16/14 03:41 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
My husband and I will be attending.

#268316 - 09/16/14 11:44 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
Me, too!

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

#268490 - 09/20/14 07:37 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
Brian in Hanover Offline
Elf

Loc: Hanover, PA
I'll be there if my ride ever makes it here!

#268605 - 09/22/14 01:37 PM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I had a really great time at this signing event.

The Friday night dinner went well.The food was typical buffet food but nothing to complain about from me. My husband ate a little bit of everything, including the brownies and cookies that were made for dessert. As a collector, I am able to overlook a good bit because I was there for the artist. My husband is not a collector and he enjoyed dinner so that was nice.

The club had a silent auction to raise money for their club charities. After introducing the artists, they opened it up for a question/answer session. You can go to digital dreambook and read the notes Marc posted that I had sent him. There are also sneak peak pictures of a 2015 ornament that was revealed. Every person was given a small gift bag as they left which contained an older ornament, a decorative pin, a laminated bookmark with the artists pictures and info, and some other small items.

My husband and I arrived early in the morning and took our place in line as the 3rd and 4th person. Sue was 2nd in line, in her defense though, the first person dropped off a chair at 6:30 pm the prior day. I really enjoyed talking with you Sue and look forward to seeing you at other events in the future.

There were no signing times at this event and the morning went slower with the rush. But the afternoon signing went quickly and my husband and I got everything signed. Of course, we must give thanks to all of those individuals who took an ornament through for us when they ran out for a certain artist. It is really great to meet people who enjoy collecting as much as I do and step forward to offer help when they don't have to.

My husband is such a wonderful guy and he attends these events because I collect ornaments. He really goes so that I can get two additional ornaments signed. However, he has been meeting people along the way and really enjoys talking to the local club members and fellow collectors while waiting. He jokingly told Sonya (a local club member directing the line) that he is only there to stand where I tell him and "to pick things up and put them down" as the planet fitness commercial used to say. Such a comedian.

Lastly, I should give thanks to the artists as well. Terri Steiger and Ruth Donikowski were wonderful. They were both very approachable and very friendly during the dinner and the event itself. And we can't forget Theresa, a marketing individual from Hallmark who was with them. I find that I develop an even bigger appreciation for artists after meeting them first hand and having such a great experiance with them.

#268704 - 09/24/14 09:07 PM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
58vettegal Offline
Elf in Training

Hi, as president of the pams collectors club in clinton md,Pams ornamentalists I want to thank everyone who came from near and far to our signing with Ruth Donikowski and Terri Steiger We were so happy to see everyone! This was the first year of our club and so you can see we were thrilled to learn we had been picked. We hope everyone was able to get time to talk with the artists as well as get all of their ornaments signed! I was so busy I really wanted to connect with some of you I have seen on yulelog. The artists were so personable it was like we had known them a long time! Theresa Murphy the Keepsakes associate merchandise manager was very nice and took questions also at the friday night dinner. A big thank you to all because with your support from the raffles we were able to purchase the three things we had on our list for Futurecare Pineview of Clinton Md. The residents will have a new t.v., a new Christmas tree and a new shed! They will be so happy! I will post pictures! Thanks a bunch, wonderful to meet all of you!

#268713 - 09/25/14 08:02 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: 58vettegal]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Here are my pictures from the Clinton, Maryland signing from last weekend.

Megan from Maryland, selling some ornaments that she brought along with her as she did in Seaford, Delaware where I first met her. Fun way to pass the time waiting in line. The three that I bought are lying on my chair next to Megan.

Elliott the Elf (Tanya) and her husband who sat on the other side of me. In front of them are two of the three bins that Megan brought. I meant to take a picture of the way Tanya carries her ornaments for signing....she has an Iris scrapbook container and puts a pretty colored foam for both the top and bottom in the container and then sandwiches the ornaments between them. Quite a compact and easy way to do it. Open the lid and there they all are!

Terri and Ruth arrive! I was down the line talking with other collectors so was not prepared! I think it was by this time or shortly thereafter, one of the associates or the manager came down the line with donuts for everyone...very much appreciated!!

One of Pam's Ornamentalists waiting patiently outside the door to get in for the early signing for the local club members.

Besides the donuts early in the morning, and the Famous Amos packs of cookies while we were in the signing line (along with bottles of water), when the artists broke for lunch, we were offered cupcakes as we exited the store. One set was in honor of Terri...had pink frosting with a pink frosting ribbon...for the ornament she did this year...One Like No Other ($2 from the sale of ornament going to the Susan G. Komen). The other was a replica of Ruth's Halloween cupcake. Unfortunately, by the time I got back with my camera, all the pink cupcakes were gone and only one of the spider ones was left...and that was missing an eye...haha!

Terri getting ready to sign one of my Forkeeps which featured a story on her. I find it easy to get pictures when the artists are signing paper things rather than having to worry about getting my ornament back and safely into a bag. One of the other things I brought with me for her to sign was a 2006 Tree Topper. She was so accommodating when I asked her if she could sign it in silver since I use it in a china cabinet and the signature could be distracting if signed in black. The signature looked absolutely wonderful in that color!!

Ruth signing a Forkeeps that featured her. Both Ruth and Terri were so very friendly and engaging...and each was signing the year on everything...I thought that was especially nice.

The staff at Pam's Hallmark. They were all so warm and friendly...making sure we were all happy...plying us with donuts, cookies, water, cupcakes and service! I experienced the same friendliness when I checked out the store on that Thursday (mainly to see if I could find it). They are exactly what Hallmark is looking for when representing the company!

Pam's Ornamentalists...some of the members of the local club. They were stationed throughout the store and were kept busy handing out beads, making it a festive occasion. They told me that one of their members had donated a lot of ornaments for the bags that the Friday night diners took home with them. I heard from one of the people that had attended that someone went home with the first in series Classic American Cars.

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

Edited by Sue (09/25/14 09:06 AM)

#268715 - 09/25/14 10:01 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Looks like it was a fun time. Thanks for sharing.

#268716 - 09/25/14 11:27 AM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: beachboots]
aloha Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for sharing Tanya and Sue!

#268719 - 09/25/14 04:03 PM Re: Clinton, MD Signing [Re: Elliott the Elf]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Elliott the Elf
I really enjoyed talking with you Sue and look forward to seeing you at other events in the future.

As I did you, Tanya. It was rather bitter sweet at the end of this event since for most of us it was our last event until Kansas City 2015 (God willing). It will be fun looking for each other though next year. I've got to write everyone's name down now while I still remember them...haha. Met an awful lot of people at the signings that also go to Kansas City...last year was a first for some of them as it was me. See y'all in August!

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

Moderator:  Moderator